Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,658 members, 7,823,863 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 04:49 PM

Mtn Latest Scam!!! - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Mtn Latest Scam!!! (918 Views)

MTN Latest Codes For Data And Calls, 500 Naira for 500MB and lots more / MTN Latest Bonanza Scam / MTN LATEST PROMO (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Mtn Latest Scam!!! by Oluwa4Sure: 11:17am On Aug 22, 2012
grin grin grin
I don't know if anyone else have noticed it. But I know I'm not the only victim of this MTN's lattest scam.

But let me explain to you how it work. First I have been on MTN Family And Friend Since it started. And I am not the type that care much about how much I spend on Airtime, but I sure noticed MTN call rate are falling real fast. Maybe because of Etisalat continual promos - LOL

But I noticed that of recent when I check my account balance, I get to see that I am on MTN Free Zone. And because I don't care much about this I simply ignored it. Not until few weeks back that I took my time to read it, and because I am not very much interested in the MTN Free Zone thing I swap back to MTN Family and Friend and was Charged 100 naira. Note that MTN Automatically changed my setting to their Free Zone thing and I had to to fix it ***SMH***

Few days later, I added a new phone number to my Family and Friend list and was charged 50 Naira. It was suppose to be free, but MTN charged me 50 Naira and I was like WTF!!

So there after, I heard on radio that we are being charge 17kobo per second on the MTN Family and friend zone or whatever. But I noticed I was still spending about same cash like before but was too busy to find out why.

Well I don't know what came over me today and I decided to investigate. Only for me to find out that I am being charged 30k per second for calls made to my MTN family and Friend. Funny enough after every call, MTN will send me a message and I quote: "Remember, its 17kobo per sec from the 1st sec when you call any of your TEN registered Family and friends."

So I called them today, and they started given me excuses to waste my time on phone. after about 13minute(the lady told me she want to confirm). They also started asking me silly question. What was the last number I called, how much did i spend calling that number, how many seconds, how much did i have on my phone before the call bla bla bla . . .

Bros na there I provoke o.Nai i begin rake for her, say she think say I no know say MTN no wetin them dey do. Why she go dey ask me how much I get for my sim b4 I make calls. Shey na that one I won to dey carry for head. I shout well. She begin beg o.

Anyhow sha, when I hang up, I try call again. OBOI!!! Na 10kobo per seconds o. MTN na big THIEF!!!

Guys please confirm if you are facing same shit too!
Re: Mtn Latest Scam!!! by Oluwa4Sure: 11:18am On Aug 22, 2012
Make orna no vex. I no no say the message wey I type even plenty like this o. Abeg biko somebody summarise.

Later. Guys you can confirm it yourselves
Re: Mtn Latest Scam!!! by Inik(m): 11:24am On Aug 22, 2012
Your post is incoherent, repost it. MTN is in the business of scamming Nigerians

(1) (Reply)

Mtn's Fraudulent And Forced Short Code Subscriptions / The New W8 Thl Phone / Pls How Do I Do A Network Unlock.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.