Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,125 members, 7,821,861 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 08:16 PM

Niger-Delta Militants Storm Abuja For Inclusion In Amnesty Programme - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Niger-Delta Militants Storm Abuja For Inclusion In Amnesty Programme (8963 Views)

Abuja Natives Protest Non-inclusion In Ministerial List (Photos) / Physically Challenged Appeal For Inclusion In Buhari's Cabinet / Jonathan Demands Retraction Over Inclusion In Richest African President List (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Niger-Delta Militants Storm Abuja For Inclusion In Amnesty Programme by Nobody: 1:17pm On Aug 22, 2012
Militants from Nigeria’s restive Niger Delta region early this morning stormed the Federal Secretariat in the centre of the nation’s capital to press for inclusion in the Federal Government’s amnesty programme.

The militants, our sources said, travelled overnight by bus, arriving Abuja in the early hours of Wednesday.

They then converged on the secretariat, which houses federal ministries, departments and agencies, chanting anti-government slogans, and insisting that they must be included in the third phase of the amnesty programme.

The police later dispersed the crowd but they soon regrouped at the nearby Bayelsa House, where they are awaiting officials of the amnesty office to address them.

The amnesty programme was an initiative of late President Musa Yar’Adua, to enthrone peace in the troubled oil-rich Niger Delta.

The programme was also meant to rehabilitate thousands of insurgents who had over the years launched attacks on oil installations.

http://premiumtimesng.com/news/97320-niger-delta-militants-storm-abuja-demands-inclusion-in-amnesty-programme.html
Re: Niger-Delta Militants Storm Abuja For Inclusion In Amnesty Programme by asha80(m): 1:40pm On Aug 22, 2012
a trend has been set.it must continue.money must go round.

1 Like

Re: Niger-Delta Militants Storm Abuja For Inclusion In Amnesty Programme by Okijajuju1(m): 2:57pm On Aug 22, 2012
Where are the SOUTH AFRICAN POLICE when you need them?! angry

This is the one situation where reckless killing is allowed under the constitution..

These guys are criminals.. They have openly admitted to being criminals.. And are now trying to twist the Law to conform to them..

SHOOT THEM ALL!!

Leave none alive...

angry
Re: Niger-Delta Militants Storm Abuja For Inclusion In Amnesty Programme by tunapawizzy: 2:59pm On Aug 22, 2012
see criminals o
Re: Niger-Delta Militants Storm Abuja For Inclusion In Amnesty Programme by Biggyd2: 3:03pm On Aug 22, 2012
When government start negotiating with terrorists, this is what you get. Give one group what they want, and more will come for a share of that cake!

3 Likes

Re: Niger-Delta Militants Storm Abuja For Inclusion In Amnesty Programme by Maxdiamond(m): 3:04pm On Aug 22, 2012
Lol.by fire by force formula.
Re: Niger-Delta Militants Storm Abuja For Inclusion In Amnesty Programme by seedord247(m): 3:06pm On Aug 22, 2012
Regarding the thread that was posted yesterday... Southerners are igbos.... shocked
Re: Niger-Delta Militants Storm Abuja For Inclusion In Amnesty Programme by GMacbeth: 3:10pm On Aug 22, 2012
tunapawizzy: see criminals o
this is one thing i love about naija for you to be given an audience you have exhibit some form of violence you guys should have your fun while it lasts.
Re: Niger-Delta Militants Storm Abuja For Inclusion In Amnesty Programme by msb247(m): 3:14pm On Aug 22, 2012
they are simply mad! nigeria must be cursed to dance to their tunes. they can't just storm the federal capital terrirory for some flimsy request angry
Re: Niger-Delta Militants Storm Abuja For Inclusion In Amnesty Programme by MMM2(m): 3:14pm On Aug 22, 2012
9ja 4 life
Re: Niger-Delta Militants Storm Abuja For Inclusion In Amnesty Programme by dont8(m): 3:16pm On Aug 22, 2012
Our brother is in charge of national cake - Militants, nay criminals
Re: Niger-Delta Militants Storm Abuja For Inclusion In Amnesty Programme by Biggyd2: 3:19pm On Aug 22, 2012
IT WILL NOT STOP. THE PERKS ARE TOO JUICY!!!

America’s Wall Street Journal today revealed the mind-boggling million dollar sums that the Nigerian government has been paying Niger Delta warlords to keep them off the oil pipelines in the past 12 months.

•Asari Dokubo
Mr. Dokubo Asari, the former warlord that first shot to national limelight collects $9million every year to keep his estimated 4000 soldiers at bay. ‘General’ Ateke Toms and ‘General‘ Ebikabowei Boyloaf Victor Ben collect $3.5million apiece while General Government Tompolo Ekpumopolo is the most priced of all: he gets $22.5 million yearly.

The newspaper said the figures were gotten from senior officials of the Nigeria National Petroleum Corporation, which makes the payment direct to these warlords.

While Dokubo shrugged off the huge payment he receives, about N1.44 billion, as nothing unusual, there is the belief that the selective payments have bred some jealousy among other militants, not so rewarded, who in reaction continue to pillage Nigeria’s crude oil pipelines. Nigeria loses no less than 10 per cent of its crude production to oil thieves on prowl in the Niger Delta, despite the programme of pacification called the Amnesty Programme.

By Shell’s account, no less than 150,000 barrels of Nigeria’s production are stolen daily, a very low estimate in the eyes of many Niger Delta watchers.

The Wall Street Journal said in its report that government plans to spend $450 million on the amnesty programme this year alone, despite the increasing theft of crude in the region.

Said the respected journal: The gilded pacification campaign is offered up by the government as a success story. But others say the program, including a 2009 amnesty, has sent young men in Nigeria’s turbulent delta a different message: that militancy promises more rewards than risks.

For more please go to :http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052702304019404577420160886588518.html
https://www.nairaland.com/1025551/how-jonathan-spoils-niger-delta
Re: Niger-Delta Militants Storm Abuja For Inclusion In Amnesty Programme by a1solution: 3:21pm On Aug 22, 2012
One day Boko Haram would start demanding their own share of amnesty. Let this thing be totaly stoped to avoid other group from springing up some day.
Re: Niger-Delta Militants Storm Abuja For Inclusion In Amnesty Programme by Duxe(f): 3:22pm On Aug 22, 2012
Na wa o...like play like play, water don dey pass garri! Hmmmm...
Re: Niger-Delta Militants Storm Abuja For Inclusion In Amnesty Programme by bknight: 3:35pm On Aug 22, 2012
By chance, I met a guy in abuja jst after d elections around zone 5. Cut to d chase, dis guy embarked on a journey frm bayelsa to abj simply because "goodluck is my broda" How do some think? With no extra money, no extra clothes, no accommodation. Like 'once I get to abj, and knock on goodluck's gate, his mai-guard will go and tell him its me oprepiye frm village and he will just order his mai-guard to let me in fast fast'
Unfortunately for him he got to abj to realize its a different story. Now he had to approach ppl for help

@topic: I wonder what wld have given them d liver to travel all d way in their number? To intimidate nigerians? I guess BK is doing a beta job of it
undecided
Re: Niger-Delta Militants Storm Abuja For Inclusion In Amnesty Programme by Nobody: 3:36pm On Aug 22, 2012
The title of the thread should be; Jobless Niger-Delta Youths storm Abuja asking for government assistance.
Re: Niger-Delta Militants Storm Abuja For Inclusion In Amnesty Programme by Navalsadiq(m): 3:58pm On Aug 22, 2012
Give a south south man an inch he would take a mile.
Re: Niger-Delta Militants Storm Abuja For Inclusion In Amnesty Programme by sherrylo: 3:59pm On Aug 22, 2012
Duxe: Na wa o...like play like play, water don dey pass garri! Hmmmm...

The water don really pass garri no be small. They will keep paying until this our demostration of crazyness stop
Re: Niger-Delta Militants Storm Abuja For Inclusion In Amnesty Programme by antsut(m): 4:06pm On Aug 22, 2012
Naval sadiq: Give a south south man an inch he would take a mile.
Abi oooo!
Re: Niger-Delta Militants Storm Abuja For Inclusion In Amnesty Programme by Nobody: 4:18pm On Aug 22, 2012
Let them go and meet with the guy that signed the agreement with them...
Re: Niger-Delta Militants Storm Abuja For Inclusion In Amnesty Programme by Arcard(m): 4:19pm On Aug 22, 2012
ah i swear eh if dm succide eh i go go form my own militant nd i go name am liberation of oil money.
Re: Niger-Delta Militants Storm Abuja For Inclusion In Amnesty Programme by ocelot2006(m): 4:38pm On Aug 22, 2012
This is the very reason I kicked against the Amnesty program. These fools were only concerned about their own pockets. The FG must end this madness.
Re: Niger-Delta Militants Storm Abuja For Inclusion In Amnesty Programme by lorddannie: 4:41pm On Aug 22, 2012
Naval sadiq: Give a south south man an inch he would take a mile.
see who is talking, if the oil were in the north do you nigeria would still be one? religion would have formed the basis for benefitting from oil and GEJ will have no choice than to comply to the islamization agenda of boko haram. there would be no oil or revenue for 'unbelievers'. an aboki will always be an aboki, sorry, i mean boko

2 Likes

Re: Niger-Delta Militants Storm Abuja For Inclusion In Amnesty Programme by watchindelta(m): 5:15pm On Aug 22, 2012
nigerian government is vvery badt how can u encouraged evil? I kn because they are evil-doer too. Instead they wil use that moni to develop does state, they are pocketing the moni in the hands of few ppl, all the name of militancy. What a cruel criminal governnent to the innocent citizens' but favourable to evil citizens'. Nigerian is smh dangerous living in!
Re: Niger-Delta Militants Storm Abuja For Inclusion In Amnesty Programme by doctokwus: 5:28pm On Aug 22, 2012
Let nobody blame dem.Do u pple know some of those currently on d program are not militants,but jobless men who are catching on on dis "govt money",meanwhile d country continues to regress in all areas.So don't blame dem,blame shd be on those who felt& still feel financial settlement is d solution to d nigerdelta problem.More protests may evn follow
Re: Niger-Delta Militants Storm Abuja For Inclusion In Amnesty Programme by nightfall(m): 5:47pm On Aug 22, 2012
you are very funny
Okija_juju: Where are the SOUTH AFRICAN POLICE when you need them?! angry

This is the one situation where reckless killing is allowed under the constitution..

These guys are criminals.. They have openly admitted to being criminals.. And are now trying to twist the Law to conform to them..

SHOOT THEM ALL!!

Leave none alive...

angry
Re: Niger-Delta Militants Storm Abuja For Inclusion In Amnesty Programme by software(m): 6:12pm On Aug 22, 2012
please oooo where is the meeting point in Abuja make me sef add my name join.. lol
Re: Niger-Delta Militants Storm Abuja For Inclusion In Amnesty Programme by dasparrow: 6:22pm On Aug 22, 2012
@Post

Government will need to curtail this amnesty of a thingy because in the not so distant future, other groups will spring up and demand for money as well.
Re: Niger-Delta Militants Storm Abuja For Inclusion In Amnesty Programme by Akiika: 7:35pm On Aug 22, 2012
Not just worth commenting on!
Re: Niger-Delta Militants Storm Abuja For Inclusion In Amnesty Programme by dallyemmy: 8:28pm On Aug 22, 2012
The government gave them a period to come forward and renounce militancy. After that time, it is a criminal offence to come out as militants and seek for amnesty. The door is now closed like the ark of Noah. Please, go back home and find something dignifying to do!

(1) (2) (Reply)

Hunters Burn Down School In Saki, Oyo State / Give This Boy An Escape Plan!!! / Ondo: Boroffice Picks APC Form, Meets Oyegun

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.