Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,424 members, 7,819,538 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:43 PM

8 Persons Arraigned For Drinking Ogogoro In Public - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 8 Persons Arraigned For Drinking Ogogoro In Public (13471 Views)

N1 Billion World Bank GIFMIS Scam: Accused Persons Arraigned By EFCC / Epic Photo Of The Day:gov. Amaechi Drinking Ogogoro When He Was Nobody - (PICS) / Us Embassy: 12 Persons Arraigned For Attempted Fraud (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 8 Persons Arraigned For Drinking Ogogoro In Public by veraponpo(m): 4:07pm On Aug 22, 2012
fellis:
@bold, lol, how is that even possible?

Are u aware that it is illegal to smoke on the street or drink liquor on the street? You guys have to be familiar with the law of the land. This is good because it will bring sanity. It is only in a lawless environment that anything goes, that is how criminals are raised and trained. You can drink but always with comportment, either in your house or a bar.

1 Like

Re: 8 Persons Arraigned For Drinking Ogogoro In Public by staaari: 4:14pm On Aug 22, 2012
Comments so far have been disappointing and thats why naija is backward.

how can it be against the law to drink ogogoro?? yet we give money away to UK for drinking Schnaps, London Dry gin etc.

if alcohol content of ogogoro is too high, we should ensure its reduced and properly package.

we should protect, regulate every opportunity that provide jobs and pay tax instead of stupid colonial law that belongs
to rubbish of history.
Re: 8 Persons Arraigned For Drinking Ogogoro In Public by wawaboy1(m): 4:16pm On Aug 22, 2012
Duxe: Hehehehe..! Wetin i no go hear 4 naija?! U go fia court case! Hahaha! Lawyers/judges got 2 chop na.

All dese weird news/stories, wether real or fake, makes me love my naija the more! Very interesting people!

This our 9ja self. where they fighting? Imagine a poor guy manage to use 100 naira buy shekpe and cigar. Na him police come arrest them. Y they neva arrest Farcook and anc co
Re: 8 Persons Arraigned For Drinking Ogogoro In Public by unekwubaby: 4:18pm On Aug 22, 2012
[quote author=Had_one]EVERY LAW PROHIBITS BAD MANNERS. WHAT A GOOD REASON FOR THE HATERS TO STOP HATING AND START TO APPRECIATE ISLAMIC LAW. IT SURELY GUIDES TOWARDS THE RIG

boko haram?
Re: 8 Persons Arraigned For Drinking Ogogoro In Public by CeaserB: 4:19pm On Aug 22, 2012
THE FEDERAL MINISTRY OF HEALTH HAS WARNED THAT DRINKING (SHAYO) IN PUBLIC INTOXICATES THE MINDS OF THE DRINKER(S) AND PEOPLE LIVING IN THE NEIGHBOURHOOD.
ANY OFFENDER(S) IS LIABLE TO VARIOUS FINES (AS STATED BELOW) OR FACE ONE TO TWO YEARS IN JAIL.

LOCAL SPIRITS i.e OGOGORO (small-leaf, monkey-tail, iba-with-shepe or jedi-jedi-with-shepe etc) = #20,000 or 1 Year

LOCALLY IMPORTED SPIRITS/HERBS (Alomo, Calidon, MacDowell) = #50,000 or 1 Year

SQUADRON, CHELSEA DRY GIN e.t.c = #60,000 or 1 Year

BEERS (star, gulder, harp, stout e.t.c) = #70,000 or 1 Year

MOET, ACE, HENNESSY and other expensive vodka/cognac = #100,000 or 2 Years

POPPING OF CHAMPAGNE (in public) = #150,000 or 2 Years

Note: All Offenses Are Subject To Increase.

No Pun Intended This Is Serious! grin
Re: 8 Persons Arraigned For Drinking Ogogoro In Public by Nobody: 4:20pm On Aug 22, 2012
Nice one. Lagos is not for nuisance. City of Excellence
Re: 8 Persons Arraigned For Drinking Ogogoro In Public by JayKayMaybachz(m): 4:22pm On Aug 22, 2012
Arise O̲̣̣̥ compatriots, all ethnicity call obey ... Hmmmm kumfam !!! Йą all tribe 4 naija involve *akwa ibom, ibo, hausa youraba , edo etc ... Nice combo ... Heheheheheheheh ... Naija i hail dee ni ... Stupid country ... Pilice ₴ lawyer wan chop money ... Mtcheeew
Re: 8 Persons Arraigned For Drinking Ogogoro In Public by mallorca(m): 4:25pm On Aug 22, 2012
M M M: Dey dey. Carry better eye drink ogogoro angry
Lmao grin grin grin grin
Re: 8 Persons Arraigned For Drinking Ogogoro In Public by Remii(m): 4:27pm On Aug 22, 2012
Had_one: EVERY LAW PROHIBITS BAD MANNERS. WHAT A GOOD REASON FOR THE HATERS TO STOP HATING AND START TO APPRECIATE ISLAMIC LAW. IT SURELY GUIDES TOWARDS THE RIGHT PATHS.

Don't mind them. They don't hate sharia but the word Islamic same for Islamic banking they prefer it to be called non-interest bank instead, grin

1 Like

Re: 8 Persons Arraigned For Drinking Ogogoro In Public by 1forall: 4:31pm On Aug 22, 2012
Nigerian Police demonstrating an original case of akuna kuna, senior brother of perambulator sad
Re: 8 Persons Arraigned For Drinking Ogogoro In Public by isquar3d3(m): 4:46pm On Aug 22, 2012
seriously, what is their offence? Is it drinking in a caucus, drinking at d wrong time or 'drinking to cause panic in the neighbourhood'? And pray tell, how does one drink Ogogoro to cause 'panic' in the neighbourhood? Were they singing as they were drinking? D rate at which Lagos dey release laws ehn, i can't seem to keep up.
Re: 8 Persons Arraigned For Drinking Ogogoro In Public by enochogulu: 4:48pm On Aug 22, 2012
Wot is d meaning of dis arrest..are dey d boko haram dat police was suppose 2 arrest?abeg magistrate discharge dem 2 go..dis case is of no importance 2 naija..go 2 damaturu and Maiduguri and arrest boko haram not innocent men on d street
Re: 8 Persons Arraigned For Drinking Ogogoro In Public by Evans5050: 5:00pm On Aug 22, 2012
Re: 8 Persons Arraigned For Drinking Ogogoro In Public by dominique(f): 5:00pm On Aug 22, 2012
on a serious note. we should ask ourselves, what coula a responsible individual(s) possibly be doing at 1:20am not to talk of drinking n smoking. except the report was doctored, i support the apprension jare. afterall agberos dey shayo for broad daylight, who use to disturb them?
Re: 8 Persons Arraigned For Drinking Ogogoro In Public by Evans5050: 5:06pm On Aug 22, 2012
Re: 8 Persons Arraigned For Drinking Ogogoro In Public by 4llerbuntu(m): 5:07pm On Aug 22, 2012
shuo SAY WETIN NA?

MAN PIKIN NO GO FIT SHAK TOMBO DORTY EYE AGAIN?

WETIN WAN COME BRING DAT ONE NA?

if na play make naija police stop am o. sake of say no be the same shayo sargent dey take wash mouth for iya afis under bridge so?

thunder go fire any olopa wey show face for dat side hencforth. arrant nonsense

1 Like

Re: 8 Persons Arraigned For Drinking Ogogoro In Public by Nobody: 5:12pm On Aug 22, 2012
veraponpo:

Are u aware that it is illegal to smoke on the street or drink liquor on the street? You guys have to be familiar with the law of the land. This is good because it will bring sanity. It is only in a lawless environment that anything goes, that is how criminals are raised and trained. You can drink but always with comportment, either in your house or a bar.
I did know about that law. Thanks for the enlightenment.

1 Like

Re: 8 Persons Arraigned For Drinking Ogogoro In Public by tallestbishop: 5:18pm On Aug 22, 2012
i just dey pass and see this thing some of Nigeria they craze is this a matter just because of ogogolo they just leave all this rogue and self center that call their self politicians that embezzle our national cake and start disturbing our average naija man that enjoying his little change he gt at end of the day
Re: 8 Persons Arraigned For Drinking Ogogoro In Public by sonyjacobs(m): 5:36pm On Aug 22, 2012
mama akpos abeg give me one shot of shekpe and one rothmans cigar make i take step down. grin
Re: 8 Persons Arraigned For Drinking Ogogoro In Public by jamace(m): 5:39pm On Aug 22, 2012
dabrake:
calabar man nor dey carry last for that kain thing grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
angry angry
Re: 8 Persons Arraigned For Drinking Ogogoro In Public by fm7070: 5:47pm On Aug 22, 2012
simply because dem no settle.
Re: 8 Persons Arraigned For Drinking Ogogoro In Public by eduson33(m): 5:48pm On Aug 22, 2012
wat r police men looking 4 at ogogoro joint?i wonder oo..dem tink say dem cary beta eyes dey drink dat thng at d hotest time of d day?..naija,shai,we too much
Re: 8 Persons Arraigned For Drinking Ogogoro In Public by Emmawhite14(m): 5:52pm On Aug 22, 2012
Na wa ooo naija
Re: 8 Persons Arraigned For Drinking Ogogoro In Public by andyanders: 6:12pm On Aug 22, 2012
M M M: Dey dey. Carry better eye drink ogogoro angry

Na true you dey talk
Re: 8 Persons Arraigned For Drinking Ogogoro In Public by software(m): 6:12pm On Aug 22, 2012
na wa oooooooo
Re: 8 Persons Arraigned For Drinking Ogogoro In Public by Whisper1(m): 6:16pm On Aug 22, 2012
"They pleaded not guilty" grin grin grin
GEJ is to be blamed. angry angry[right][/right]
Re: 8 Persons Arraigned For Drinking Ogogoro In Public by nduchucks: 6:23pm On Aug 22, 2012
eni a le mu ni'an le idi mo. (na person wey we strong pass we dey take prick rub her yansh when she tanda in front of us - while fully clothed i.e.)

make dem try am with fuel subbsidy rougues na
Re: 8 Persons Arraigned For Drinking Ogogoro In Public by Fiawest(m): 6:47pm On Aug 22, 2012
Laff don make me piss 4 my landlord head. 
=D , ' ' '
<\¸,' '
Λ. 8-|
Re: 8 Persons Arraigned For Drinking Ogogoro In Public by samkoro: 6:54pm On Aug 22, 2012
They made the mistake of drinking it here on earth and not in heaven of 72 virgin as some religion postulate
Re: 8 Persons Arraigned For Drinking Ogogoro In Public by eduson33(m): 7:01pm On Aug 22, 2012
abeg,letz not bring religion into this nice thread.we all ovalookd dat post cuz silence is the best answer to a fool..
Re: 8 Persons Arraigned For Drinking Ogogoro In Public by Nobody: 7:01pm On Aug 22, 2012
Cunt3 people so our judiciary no get case to judge again
Re: 8 Persons Arraigned For Drinking Ogogoro In Public by GMacbeth: 7:02pm On Aug 22, 2012
Had_one: EVERY LAW PROHIBITS BAD MANNERS. WHAT A GOOD REASON FOR THE HATERS TO STOP HATING AND START TO APPRECIATE ISLAMIC LAW. IT SURELY GUIDES TOWARDS THE RIGHT PATHS.
i dont mean to be rude but what has this got to do with islam over zealous religious bigot

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Missing $20bn: Reps Gives Iweala One-week Ultimatum To Submit Forensic Audit Rep / Ganduje Awards $1.85b Contract To China To Construct Kano Light Railway / More Than 500 Canadian Doctors Protest Raises, Say They’re Being Paid Too Much

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.