Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,648 members, 7,809,445 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:44 AM

8 Persons Arraigned For Drinking Ogogoro In Public - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 8 Persons Arraigned For Drinking Ogogoro In Public (13460 Views)

N1 Billion World Bank GIFMIS Scam: Accused Persons Arraigned By EFCC / Epic Photo Of The Day:gov. Amaechi Drinking Ogogoro When He Was Nobody - (PICS) / Us Embassy: 12 Persons Arraigned For Attempted Fraud (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

8 Persons Arraigned For Drinking Ogogoro In Public by ikennaobi(m): 2:44pm On Aug 22, 2012
EIGHT persons including four women have been arraigned before an Apapa Magistrate court in Lagos, for allegedly drinking local gin (popularly known as Ogogoro) and smoking in an unacceptable manner in the public.

Nkereuwen Akpan, 29, James Patricia, 39, Jenifer John, 27, Salami Kazeem, 37, Festus Opara, 35, Princess Pius, 26, Gold Johnson, 27 and John Idoh, 32, were charged on two counts of misdemeanour and unlawful assembly.

The prosecutor, Sgt. Uche Kalu, told the court that on August 14 at 1:20 a.m at Kazuma roundabout, Apapa, the accused persons unlawfully gathered to smoke and drink the local gin in a manner to cause fear and panic in the neighbourhood. Kalu said the offence of the accused contravened Sections 409 and 44(1) of the Criminal Laws of Lagos, 2011.

However, when the charge was read to the accused persons, they pleaded not guilty.

The Chief Magistrate, Mrs A. K. Shonubi, granted them bail in the sum of N20, 000 with one surety in the like sum each and adjourned the matter till September 17.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2012/08/8-persons-arraigned-for-drinking-ogogoro-in-public/
Re: 8 Persons Arraigned For Drinking Ogogoro In Public by Obinoscopy(m): 2:52pm On Aug 22, 2012
grin grin grin
Re: 8 Persons Arraigned For Drinking Ogogoro In Public by Nobody: 2:59pm On Aug 22, 2012
grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: 8 Persons Arraigned For Drinking Ogogoro In Public by femliany(m): 3:30pm On Aug 22, 2012
Of no significance
Re: 8 Persons Arraigned For Drinking Ogogoro In Public by sexiestharam(f): 3:30pm On Aug 22, 2012
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: 8 Persons Arraigned For Drinking Ogogoro In Public by r231(m): 3:31pm On Aug 22, 2012
8 Persons grin grin
Re: 8 Persons Arraigned For Drinking Ogogoro In Public by kilanko5: 3:31pm On Aug 22, 2012
RUBBISH
Re: 8 Persons Arraigned For Drinking Ogogoro In Public by MMM2(m): 3:31pm On Aug 22, 2012
Dey dey. Carry better eye drink ogogoro angry
Re: 8 Persons Arraigned For Drinking Ogogoro In Public by Nobody: 3:32pm On Aug 22, 2012
What's with all these 8 men arrested, 8 men arraigned, 8 this, 8 that? If I'm ever walking with 6 of my girlfriends and a 7th comes along I'll so run away! Don't wanna be arraigned/arrested/convicted.

1 Like

Re: 8 Persons Arraigned For Drinking Ogogoro In Public by oyewolestephen(m): 3:32pm On Aug 22, 2012
mtchewww dat is there own bowl of rice
Re: 8 Persons Arraigned For Drinking Ogogoro In Public by stepo707: 3:33pm On Aug 22, 2012
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: 8 Persons Arraigned For Drinking Ogogoro In Public by OkikiOluwa1(m): 3:38pm On Aug 22, 2012
Gd 1. Let Lagos & Nigeria be free of miscreants.

1 Like

Re: 8 Persons Arraigned For Drinking Ogogoro In Public by Oraks4real(m): 3:38pm On Aug 22, 2012
Drinking Ogogoro you are immediately arraigned What if those men that Stole our Oil Money and Bribing each other in the Upper and lower houses of Assembly,What of our Leaders and so called politicians why haven't they been arraigned what a useless country where the poor have to right but the rich can mend the law

4 Likes

Re: 8 Persons Arraigned For Drinking Ogogoro In Public by dapo338(m): 3:38pm On Aug 22, 2012
Absolutely nonsense, avenue of making money, the police and jugde are both thieves.

1 Like

Re: 8 Persons Arraigned For Drinking Ogogoro In Public by ismokeweed1(f): 3:39pm On Aug 22, 2012
If they were only arraigned for ogogoro then i would surely be hanged for weed

INHALING & EXHALING

1 Like

Re: 8 Persons Arraigned For Drinking Ogogoro In Public by Lebee4(m): 3:40pm On Aug 22, 2012
please any lawyer in the house, i need an answer:
you asked in court, guilty or not guily and the accused reply not guilty, why would they ask him to pay some amount with surety to get a bail when we all know that Nigeria police can go into peoples house to arrest them illegally?
Re: 8 Persons Arraigned For Drinking Ogogoro In Public by Nobody: 3:41pm On Aug 22, 2012
ikennaobi: EIGHT persons including four women have been arraigned before an Apapa Magistrate court in Lagos, for allegedly drinking local gin (popularly known as Ogogoro) and smoking in an unacceptable manner in the public.

Nkereuwen Akpan, 29, James Patricia, 39, Jenifer John, 27, Salami Kazeem, 37, Festus Opara, 35, Princess Pius, 26, Gold Johnson, 27 and John Idoh, 32, were charged on two counts of misdemeanour and unlawful assembly.

The prosecutor, Sgt. Uche Kalu, told the court that on August 14 at 1:20 a.m at Kazuma roundabout, Apapa, the accused persons unlawfully gathered to smoke and drink the local gin in a manner to cause fear and panic in the neighbourhood. Kalu said the offence of the accused contravened Sections 409 and 44(1) of the Criminal Laws of Lagos, 2011.
@bold, lol, how is that even possible?
Re: 8 Persons Arraigned For Drinking Ogogoro In Public by Omen100(m): 3:43pm On Aug 22, 2012
Re: 8 Persons Arraigned For Drinking Ogogoro In Public by masterpiecer(m): 3:44pm On Aug 22, 2012
mollytinrox: What's with all these 8 men arrested, 8 men arraigned, 8 this, 8 that? If I'm ever walking with 6 of my girlfriends and a 7th comes along I'll so run away! Don't wanna be arraigned/arrested/convicted.

lwkmd, i guess someone is replacing 8 wit hate
Re: 8 Persons Arraigned For Drinking Ogogoro In Public by stillme(m): 3:46pm On Aug 22, 2012
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: 8 Persons Arraigned For Drinking Ogogoro In Public by stillme(m): 3:46pm On Aug 22, 2012
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin ignorance!!!
Re: 8 Persons Arraigned For Drinking Ogogoro In Public by Nobody: 3:46pm On Aug 22, 2012
Wetin consign me! "Drinking ogogoro and eating biscuit" undecided
Re: 8 Persons Arraigned For Drinking Ogogoro In Public by Maxdiamond(m): 3:47pm On Aug 22, 2012
WTF! So can't they enjoy there fundemental human right wic is been guarantee by d 1999 constitution of d federal republic of Nigeria of dis country again?
Re: 8 Persons Arraigned For Drinking Ogogoro In Public by elari(m): 3:51pm On Aug 22, 2012
Nigeria my kountri
Re: 8 Persons Arraigned For Drinking Ogogoro In Public by Hadone(m): 3:53pm On Aug 22, 2012
EVERY LAW PROHIBITS BAD MANNERS. WHAT A GOOD REASON FOR THE HATERS TO STOP HATING AND START TO APPRECIATE ISLAMIC LAW. IT SURELY GUIDES TOWARDS THE RIGHT PATHS.
Re: 8 Persons Arraigned For Drinking Ogogoro In Public by antsut(m): 3:55pm On Aug 22, 2012
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin JUSTICE MOST TAKES ITS CURSE
Re: 8 Persons Arraigned For Drinking Ogogoro In Public by a1solution: 3:55pm On Aug 22, 2012
The only offence i see there is unlawful gathering by 1 am

1 Like

Re: 8 Persons Arraigned For Drinking Ogogoro In Public by Siga: 3:56pm On Aug 22, 2012
Would they be arrested if they were drinking Tequila or some expensive vodka?

1 Like

Re: 8 Persons Arraigned For Drinking Ogogoro In Public by jamace(m): 3:56pm On Aug 22, 2012
Hey you! You are all under arrest for drinking ogogoro in public. Oya, come with me to the station. grin grin What an arrest grin.
Re: 8 Persons Arraigned For Drinking Ogogoro In Public by dabrake(m): 3:56pm On Aug 22, 2012
ikennaobi: EIGHT persons including four women have been arraigned before an Apapa Magistrate court in Lagos, for allegedly drinking local gin (popularly known as Ogogoro) and smoking in an unacceptable manner in the public.

However, when the charge was read to the accused persons, they pleaded not guilty.

The Chief Magistrate, Mrs A. K. Shonubi, granted them bail in the sum of N20, 000 with one surety in the like sum each and adjourned the matter till September 17.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2012/08/8-persons-arraigned-for-drinking-ogogoro-in-public/
calabar man nor dey carry last for that kain thing grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: 8 Persons Arraigned For Drinking Ogogoro In Public by Afam4eva(m): 3:59pm On Aug 22, 2012
Lol! Naija I hail thee
Re: 8 Persons Arraigned For Drinking Ogogoro In Public by Duxe(f): 4:02pm On Aug 22, 2012
Hehehehe..! Wetin i no go hear 4 naija?! U go fia court case! Hahaha! Lawyers/judges got 2 chop na.

All dese weird news/stories, wether real or fake, makes me love my naija the more! Very interesting people!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Ambode At Thanksgiving Service Of 1st Year In Office / FG Seeks Temporary Forfeiture Of Ekweremadu’s ‘hidden Assets’ / Judiciary Workers To Join Planned Labour Strike

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.