Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,834 members, 7,817,452 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:29 PM

Daily Devotional For Nairalanders. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Daily Devotional For Nairalanders. (789 Views)

Today's Devotional For Active Prayer / Daily Devotional For Nairalanders. / Daily Devotional For Nairalanders.topic:the Recipe For Success. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Daily Devotional For Nairalanders. by oludayo20(m): 10:39am On Dec 29, 2007
Hi All,
Greetings to you in the precious name of our lord Jesus Christ,It's great to be here once again today,God is ever faithful!,leading to the new year,today we'll be continuing in our study on Trusting God.
Our Text:'But I know that even now God will give you whatever you ask, John 11:22.

These words were spoken to Jesus by Martha,the sister of Lazarus.Her brother had already been dead for 4days by the time Jesus arrived.Yet here she confesses her faith in the saviour to do even the impossible.Moments later Martha witnesses a miracle as her brother is raised to life by the Master.
A few years ago God began bringing me up to a new level of faith and trusting in Him,He taught how to pray what I can now refer to as 'even now'prayers.I would be facing an impossible situation and it will seem as if all the doors before has been closed.my first impression would be to think 'i guess it wasn't God's will'.Then I would sense another impression coming up in my spirit telling me to continue praying in faith.I might pray something like this 'Lord I know this is an hopeless situation,but I know you can make a way where there seem to be no way.I ask you that you do that Lord',I have seen so many seemingly closed doors opened by praying like this,and my prayer life has been radically changed forever.And I have used this principle in praying about small matters,as well as big ones.
Jesus said,''The things which are impossilble with men are possible with God''(Luke18:27)I think it's sad that our society has gotten so sophisticated and cynical that we've forgotten how to pray for the impossible.In Jeremiah32:27,The Lord says''I am the Lord,the God of all mankind.is there anything too hard for me''This statement should not only encourage us,but it should convict us as well.Psalms77:19 says''your road led by a pathway through the sea -a pathway no one knew was there!,the Isrealites never could imagined that God would make a way for them through the Red Sea.Likewise,when we pray for the impossible,God will often make a way for us that will exceed our expectations.Psalms77:14 says ''you are the God of miracles and wonders!,You still demonstrate your awesome power''When we ask for the impossible,we invite Him to work wonders in our lives-something He delights in doing.Have you given up on a dream or vision that God has planted in your heart,because at this point it looks like it can never come to pass?what ''impossible''situations do you have in your life now that maybe you've given up on too soon?Perhaps the lord is just waiting for you to come to Him in faith today,saying ''Lord,I know that even now,
and as you trust Him today,His name will be glorified in your life.
Have a great day!.

(1) (Reply)

Is Nigeria Problem Spiritual Or Educational? / Evidence That God Does Not Exist / Help From Above

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.