Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,457 members, 7,816,069 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 02:09 AM

Nigeria Has The Fastest Internet Speed In Africa? - Webmasters (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Nigeria Has The Fastest Internet Speed In Africa? (16535 Views)

The 10 Countries With The Fastest Internet In The World / Meet The World's Fastest Internet Millionaire (it Took Him Just 5 Months) / Which Is The Fastest Internet Connection In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Has The Fastest Internet Speed In Africa? by Nobody: 3:28am On Aug 24, 2012
dasparrow: @Post

I don't mean to sound pessimistic or be a party pooper but I don't believe in this report. I know for a fact that the internet speed in Nigeria is not that great. I am also aware that places like south africa, kenya and ghana have a much faster internet speed connection. So, how did Nigeria all of a sudden beat countries like south africa, kenya, and ghana to become the country with the fastest internet speed in all of Africa? I don't buy that lie oh. Sorry.

I will be back on this thread to make sure my post did not disappear
Stop talking rubbish...the guys who made the report are professionals..and stop giving us that Ghana,Kenya shit like u have ever been there,caause if u have u won't talk that rubbish...they dnt have a faster net speed
Re: Nigeria Has The Fastest Internet Speed In Africa? by Man51ut(m): 3:52am On Aug 24, 2012
^^^^^ you are an eeediot. please get drunk and choke on your own vomit.

@Ajanlekoko. I might be wrong, but did the article specify whether it was referring to wired or mobile broadband? If we're getting broadband off mobile providers and Kenyans are getting 50+ MB adsl connections, that's our problem.

To me that argument is like me arguing that my C in maths has merit because I used a normal calculator and 4-figure tables, while you used a TI-83.
Re: Nigeria Has The Fastest Internet Speed In Africa? by Solozzo(m): 4:53am On Aug 24, 2012
What platforms do you browse Internet most -mobile phones, tablet/iPad or computers; laptops, desktops?
Re: Nigeria Has The Fastest Internet Speed In Africa? by Solozzo(m): 5:05am On Aug 24, 2012
I am based in Australia. Just tested my 3G Internet speed on my iPad in Perth.

Results

Download speed = 1.46mbs
Upload speed = 3.07mbs

Will test ADSL speed when I get home on Sunday. Because it it is connected to my landline phone. Will post results. The main issue is the stability of delivery of Internet
Re: Nigeria Has The Fastest Internet Speed In Africa? by AjanleKoko: 8:55am On Aug 24, 2012
Man_51ut: ^^^^^ you are an eeediot. please get drunk and choke on your own vomit.

@Ajanlekoko. I might be wrong, but did the article specify whether it was referring to wired or mobile broadband? If we're getting broadband off mobile providers and Kenyans are getting 50+ MB adsl connections, that's our problem.

To me that argument is like me arguing that my C in maths has merit because I used a normal calculator and 4-figure tables, while you used a TI-83.

I wasn't talking about the article. Someone posted results from speedtest.net, showing speeds of over 50mbps. That can't be achieved over UMTS air interface, unless the networks in Kenya have deployed LTE.

We also have ADSL in Nigeria, but far too expensive for consumers.
Re: Nigeria Has The Fastest Internet Speed In Africa? by AjanleKoko: 9:04am On Aug 24, 2012
Let's be careful not to turn this into a d.ick measuring contest between African countries.
There are a plethora of factors that govern the delivery of Internet services in various countries. Chief is the technology used to deliver the service, as well as the last-mile, or the customer's method of accessing Internet.

The most important thing for me is that virtually all African nations are online these days. There's a Mckinsey report that relates growth in Internet penetration to growth in GDP. So, for me, it means we are all growing.
Re: Nigeria Has The Fastest Internet Speed In Africa? by pendo89(f): 9:38am On Aug 24, 2012
^^ true. I am from Kenya and even though we have great connection I still believe that Ghana is ahead based on previous reports.

more from another provider

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Has The Fastest Internet Speed In Africa? by MrEverest(m): 1:13pm On Aug 24, 2012
Abrantie:

The default test server was Lagos, but I changed it to Accra. Check my modified post.
your post has lost its intergrity and is hereby declared null and void!
Re: Nigeria Has The Fastest Internet Speed In Africa? by blackbeau1(f): 2:00pm On Aug 24, 2012
I can now see what the oil subsidy money was used to do-to buy a good image for nigeria. abi the internet speed dey hide?
Re: Nigeria Has The Fastest Internet Speed In Africa? by Man51ut(m): 2:31pm On Aug 24, 2012
AjanleKoko:

I wasn't talking about the article. Someone posted results from speedtest.net, showing speeds of over 50mbps. That can't be achieved over UMTS air interface, unless the networks in Kenya have deployed LTE.

tell me about it, use ADSL at home- live in a dead zone- and the amount i'm paying for 256 kpbs makes me weep, especially when i think about my connection when I lived in the UK.
Re: Nigeria Has The Fastest Internet Speed In Africa? by agaz08(m): 8:09pm On Aug 24, 2012
electricity supply getin better,comunications on the run.lets pray more 4 naija
Re: Nigeria Has The Fastest Internet Speed In Africa? by Kenyanstar: 8:45pm On Aug 24, 2012
is it reallym hard for nigerians to accept that kenya can beat them in certain aspects. what makes kenya have the fast internet is due to the governments adoption of fibre optic. kenya is the second country in africa to acquire fibre optic technology. it has also been considered the 2nd in adoption of analog to digital migration extra terrestial tv signal. kenya as also scored a first in africa by building a technological city(konza city) aptly nicknamed savanah valley. kenya is home to east and central africas biggest and most profitable homegrown mobile service provider(safaricom). it is the first company in the world to revolutionise mobile money banking and money transfer. this simply proves that kenya has the capacity to even surpus its position in tecno savvy practices.
Re: Nigeria Has The Fastest Internet Speed In Africa? by Abrantie: 11:39pm On Aug 24, 2012
Kenyanstar: is it reallym hard for nigerians to accept that kenya can beat them in certain aspects. what makes kenya have the fast internet is due to the governments adoption of fibre optic. kenya is the second country in africa to acquire fibre optic technology. it has also been considered the 2nd in adoption of analog to digital migration extra terrestial tv signal. kenya as also scored a first in africa by building a technological city(konza city) aptly nicknamed savanah valley. kenya is home to east and central africas biggest and most profitable homegrown mobile service provider(safaricom). it is the first company in the world to revolutionise mobile money banking and money transfer. this simply proves that kenya has the capacity to even surpus its position in tecno savvy practices.

Your mama's puzzy stinks!
Re: Nigeria Has The Fastest Internet Speed In Africa? by ghboy: 11:51am On Aug 25, 2012
How many Nigerians happy about this news truly enjoy such speed?? other sources claim Ghana ranks 1st. i'm Ghanaian and don't know which story to trust but Vodafone is my ISP and i get a maximum and stable download speed of 2MB/s. a 1.4GB movie in 12-15 mins. that said, we still complain of bad services from vodafone!! just don't go about dissing Ghana n Ghanaians some of you
Re: Nigeria Has The Fastest Internet Speed In Africa? by mrjingles(m): 8:26pm On Aug 25, 2012
This has bcome a bloody dic.k measuring contest all generated by a report by a tech company. abeg wey ma lager....
Re: Nigeria Has The Fastest Internet Speed In Africa? by Shaw007(m): 11:17pm On Aug 25, 2012
sambos994: Second best...South Africa is ahead of us. But things are improving. Who was the dumb@ss that said Ghana and Kenya were faster?
abiii u nor c me ni!! Arifin of d hIghest order!!
Ghene,Kanye. . .hehehee!!!!
Re: Nigeria Has The Fastest Internet Speed In Africa? by Next2Bezee(m): 5:25am On Aug 26, 2012
Re: Nigeria Has The Fastest Internet Speed In Africa? by achukwunet(f): 7:03am On Aug 26, 2012
i find this study very hard to believe... im sure south africa or egypt has faster internet than naija
Re: Nigeria Has The Fastest Internet Speed In Africa? by 53cur3m0d3(m): 7:10am On Aug 26, 2012
outofthebox: this is where i wana work..even with my ccna,ccnp and ccip, i havent even been called for an interview let alone passing.
big ups to U man on ur certifications..*a round of applause*
Re: Nigeria Has The Fastest Internet Speed In Africa? by zenus(m): 8:38am On Aug 26, 2012
My maximum is 1mb/s
Re: Nigeria Has The Fastest Internet Speed In Africa? by purplekayc(m): 11:00am On Aug 27, 2012
zenus: My maximum is 1mb/s
What isp is that?
Re: Nigeria Has The Fastest Internet Speed In Africa? by purplekayc(m): 11:12am On Aug 27, 2012
ghboy: How many Nigerians happy about this news truly enjoy such speed?? other sources claim Ghana ranks 1st. i'm Ghanaian and don't know which story to trust but Vodafone is my ISP and i get a maximum and stable download speed of 2MB/s. a 1.4GB movie in 12-15 mins. that said, we still complain of bad services from vodafone!! just don't go about dissing Ghana n Ghanaians some of you
Really? And u think we don't have such speeds in nigeria?
Re: Nigeria Has The Fastest Internet Speed In Africa? by zenus(m): 11:31pm On Aug 30, 2012
Etisalat Nigeria

Re: Nigeria Has The Fastest Internet Speed In Africa? by alagu: 11:04am On Aug 10, 2013
My Internet speed test is given below:
My download speed is 1.61 mbps

My upload speed is 0.77 mbps

I have checked my internet speed using the site Scanmyspeed.com .
Re: Nigeria Has The Fastest Internet Speed In Africa? by Nobody: 11:15am On Feb 19, 2015
AjanleKoko:

ADSL from Telkom Kenya starts at 6000 Naira which is quite cheap since it is unlimited and fast.
The Kenya Education Network is the fastest ISP in Kenya with speeds of over 58Mbps.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Mentality Of Nigerians When You Ask Them To Visit Your Site / Hold On Before You Build That New Website! / Having Problems With Graphcard?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.