Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,563 members, 7,816,371 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:19 AM

Please Help Check This It's Urgent Please - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Please Help Check This It's Urgent Please (1003 Views)

Help Check This Pls / Help Check This Site. / Help Check This Site Oooh! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please Help Check This It's Urgent Please by miracle4(m): 9:50am On Aug 23, 2012
thanks Dual core for your honest review I'm working on the site now
thanks
Re: Please Help Check This It's Urgent Please by DualCore1: 11:09am On Aug 23, 2012
The images in the banner slideshow are of poor quality and over stretched (to fit your banner size).

The "header" and "navigation bar" do not flow well, they don't tally with the the entire curved theme.
You can take a look at the "header" and "navigation bar" in www.saharabet.com for inspiration.

The texts in the body of your site, add a "center:justify" to the <p> styles. It will make the texts define your columns well as they will be aligned on both the left and the right sides.

Optimise the background image so it loads up quicker.

The scrolling marquee in red makes no sense in that position and with that effect. You can add the text as a static line on the footer or anywhere else.

If you are to keep your background you will have to put all texts on that site on a plain background for visibility. You have done so with all areas of the site except the footer. Add a background to the footer to make it visible.

Enjoy!
Re: Please Help Check This It's Urgent Please by miracle4(m): 12:07pm On Aug 23, 2012
thanks for such insightful review I'm sure gonna implement it .

Dual Core: The images in the banner slideshow are of poor quality and over stretched (to fit your banner size).

just random images there .. noted though

Dual Core:
The "header" and "navigation bar" do not flow well, they don't tally with the the entire curved theme.
You can take a look at the "header" and "navigation bar" in www.saharabet.com for inspiration.
Impleting that right away

Dual Core:
The texts in the body of your site, add a "center:justify" to the <p> styles. It will make the texts define your columns well as they will be aligned on both the left and the right sides.
now this area got me confused as I couldn't figure out the body part you are referring to

Dual Core:
The scrolling marquee in red makes no sense in that position and with that effect. You can add the text as a static line on the footer or anywhere else.

If you are to keep your background you will have to put all texts on that site on a plain background for visibility. You have done so with all areas of the site except the footer. Add a background to the footer to make it visible.

Enjoy!
The marque actually pauses on mouse-over do I need remove it completely? as for the footer area can div...... bg color = "#0000FF:transparent" give me a blue transparent background so as to allow bg img display

thanks again
Re: Please Help Check This It's Urgent Please by DualCore1: 1:20pm On Aug 23, 2012
miracle4: thanks for such insightful review I'm sure gonna implement it .
now this area got me confused as I couldn't figure out the body part you are referring to
Adding "text-align:justify" to the "home-middle" div style gives you the alignment of the text as shown below:

Compare it with what is there presently, if it looks better you can implement it.

For the footer this may be close to giving you ideas as to what you should do with it. The text is best served as white or grey on a dark background, I didn't change the text in the image below though.
Re: Please Help Check This It's Urgent Please by miracle4(m): 11:24pm On Aug 25, 2012
thanks I have implemented all you point out thanks again
Re: Please Help Check This It's Urgent Please by sisqology(m): 3:10am On Aug 26, 2012
Bro! That footer is not good looking at all. Try something better. You can let the width of the footer span the width of your container, then apply some padding to it.

Then, the color to me: does not look good, the red background is distracting and the text on it is unreadable!
Re: Please Help Check This It's Urgent Please by Nobody: 3:21am On Aug 26, 2012
the whole site is unbearable lemme help by pointing out what should change brb
Re: Please Help Check This It's Urgent Please by Nobody: 3:38am On Aug 26, 2012
Corrections

Re: Please Help Check This It's Urgent Please by Nobody: 4:02am On Aug 26, 2012
I think you should go with dual's core way and remove the image from the middle.

Re: Please Help Check This It's Urgent Please by Nobody: 4:03am On Aug 26, 2012
because you have to direct the eye of the user from the top to the bottom and also making every content align perfectly.
Re: Please Help Check This It's Urgent Please by miracle4(m): 12:13pm On Aug 27, 2012
pc guru: I think you should go with dual's core way and remove the image from the middle.

Thanks for checking pc guru

Can this (I have just updated it) be said to be close to what you need me do?
thanks again
Re: Please Help Check This It's Urgent Please by Arnoldo(m): 11:18pm On Sep 17, 2012
miracle4:

Thanks for checking pc guru

Can this (I have just updated it) be said to be close to what you need me do?
thanks again
miracle4 u said u wil assist me wit my wapka site pls the site is freezhome.wapka.mobi i wil pm u d pasword wen i hear 4rm u

(1) (Reply)

Independence Day Special Promo!!! 9ja @ 52 Free Website For 52 Nigerians' / SHOPPING CART ISSUE Wondering How They Do It / I Need An Interactive Website Urgently

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.