Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,751 members, 7,824,158 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 01:21 AM

Anyone Noticed Illegal Credit Deduction From Glo? - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Anyone Noticed Illegal Credit Deduction From Glo? (7757 Views)

Whatsapp Now Has Gay Smileys..have You Noticed? / How To Borrow Airtime From Glo Using “borrow Me Credit” / How To Cancel Etisalat Internet Daily Deduction (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Anyone Noticed Illegal Credit Deduction From Glo? by omodapson(m): 11:40am On Aug 23, 2012
I just noticed that Glo has been deducting my call credit illegally. Only God knows when this trend started as I usually have at least 2000naira on the glo line. Only recently, I decided to use all the call credit to the last kobo before making a fresh recharge. At a point, I had about 115naira and without making any voice call, the money was swallowed mysteriously. To be very sure, I recharged with 100naira, made a call of about 1minute and left the phone unused for the rest of that day. The following morning, I was awoken by an SMS from 7810 that my balance was 0.00. You know how frustrating that could be.

I reached them on 171 to complain and they could not see anything tangible to tell me. I don't know if anyone had/is experiencing the same thing. I plan to go to NCC to report this trend as I can't be watching while they continue to make a fool of me. But another thing is if the regulatory body will live up to its billing and act appropriately.

Please advise.

This country sef, where corporate entities steal from common man with impunity. embarassed
Re: Anyone Noticed Illegal Credit Deduction From Glo? by omodapson(m): 1:04pm On Aug 23, 2012
Does it mean I'm the odd one in the whole of Nigeria/Nairaland?
Re: Anyone Noticed Illegal Credit Deduction From Glo? by dgitrader(m): 12:50pm On Aug 24, 2012
what model of handset are u using? and is your phone always connected to the internet? if so... the credit deductions might be as a result of constant updates of certain applications.
Re: Anyone Noticed Illegal Credit Deduction From Glo? by omodapson(m): 3:21pm On Aug 24, 2012
Thank you dgitrader. I later got a call from their customer service centre and they asked similar questions. I use a nokia E7 for the line and it's always connected to the internet but the connection is through 3g and on monthly rentals, so I wonder why it should cause the mysterious deductions. Well, I am still monitoring to see if the deduction continues.
Re: Anyone Noticed Illegal Credit Deduction From Glo? by Nobody: 5:56pm On Aug 24, 2012
You are not the only person. Yesterday, I loaded N500 recharge card to subscribe for One Week Mobile Internet data bundle which cost N400. After I did that and browse for like 15 minutes, I checked my balance expecting to see N100 only to see N69. Glo like MTN is a thief. May God punish them.
Re: Anyone Noticed Illegal Credit Deduction From Glo? by Nobody: 10:34am On Aug 25, 2012
Try to deactivate voice mail and ensure that the access point setting on your phone for data bundle plan is gloflat.This will resolve your problem permanently.
Re: Anyone Noticed Illegal Credit Deduction From Glo? by sola5(f): 11:04pm On Aug 25, 2012
U̶̲̥̅̊ r not d only one op. It has been happening 2 me 4 ova a mnth nw. I called d customer care bt dy couldn't give me a tangible answer. Stopped recharging ♍γ̲̣̣̥ glo line 4 nw
Re: Anyone Noticed Illegal Credit Deduction From Glo? by dellnet: 11:35pm On Aug 25, 2012
I think glo is hacked because some lines can make free international calls.
Re: Anyone Noticed Illegal Credit Deduction From Glo? by DONFASZY(m): 1:09am On Aug 26, 2012
Me I face hell...if I make calls and hang up....I get 0.00 bal or even send text
Re: Anyone Noticed Illegal Credit Deduction From Glo? by Nobody: 1:54am On Aug 26, 2012
There was a time i bought N500 glo vouchers in brick, each time i loaded one and made like 5minutes call, the following day, my balance gets wiped. I resorted to buying N100 vouchers and loading 2 or 3 daily.

I have 3 lines from different networks anyway. So I dont expect any service provider to use my head.
Re: Anyone Noticed Illegal Credit Deduction From Glo? by Jeffy1206(m): 3:12am On Aug 26, 2012
Dem de cut ma own lyk water me don tia to load fo dm if u call dem na so so useless qn dem ll ask u.dei nomaly charge me 10 naira day.i loded 200 gave de fone to ma frnd onli fo de amount to reach 67 naira i acuse him wch he denied nd i beliv bt to ma suprise, de next day zoom! no more crdt chai!we dey always insult mtn nt knwin dos oda netwrks ma na tief.i hav four lines i can onli lod ma mtn nd etisalat cos i knw dem no go dare do dis rubish.airtel own na him worst.dere will make cals on ur behalf nd remuv ur mony hmmmmm! NCC help oooo
Re: Anyone Noticed Illegal Credit Deduction From Glo? by NoQualms1(f): 10:48pm On Aug 27, 2012
Airtel is doing that presently, at least to me. They won't even allow u to make a call before clearing the credit.
Re: Anyone Noticed Illegal Credit Deduction From Glo? by starlightRR(m): 8:01am On Aug 28, 2012
Uncanny Genius: You are not the only person. Yesterday, I loaded N500 recharge card to subscribe for One Week Mobile Internet data bundle which cost N400. After I did that and browse for like 15 minutes, I checked my balance expecting to see N100 only to see N69. Glo like MTN is a thief. May God punish them.

After subscribing you still need to make sure you are using the right APN or else the money on ur phone will be deducted
Re: Anyone Noticed Illegal Credit Deduction From Glo? by Najwal: 9:55pm On Aug 28, 2012
I tot I was d only one experiencing dis hash deduction, I subscribed 4 BIS n also notice glo r slashing d little change I v, called d CC line bt as incompetent as dey r failed 2 resolve it. I decide nt 2 subscribe 4 now until dey find solution.
Re: Anyone Noticed Illegal Credit Deduction From Glo? by omodapson(m): 8:09am On Sep 03, 2012
It is a shame that they still continue to deduct money from my line illegally. I will go the way of plan B. If they can't honour my patronage, they should at least stop impoverishing me.
Re: Anyone Noticed Illegal Credit Deduction From Glo? by Nobody: 8:53am On Sep 03, 2012
guy my own worst pass cos na for my nokia torch my glo dey but they just cut my 100naira and sent me an sms dat i have been,"auto subscribed to christian service" just imagine! the truth is dat i will not recharge my glo for 6months. i just etisalatiii and am enjoying it. when i buy data bundle i pay just 20k/sec, just imagine what i have been missing.
Re: Anyone Noticed Illegal Credit Deduction From Glo? by ceaser: 4:50pm On Sep 03, 2012
omodapson: Does it mean I'm the odd one in the whole of Nigeria/Nairaland?
You aren't the only one. Mine is a case of being SMSed by glo to send 13 to 127 for monthly always micro and this I've been doing for about 1 year until last month they took their 1k but no data. Abeg where can I get to report globacom. I've called their customer care about 7 times in the previous month, all promising their technical section will look into it but nothing has been done till date. They'd initially give me the excuse that I shoulda sent 53 instead of 13 to 127 but will later discover from their record logs that that's what I'd been doing for about a year (as their SMS instructed) without hitches. I guess they just decide to use that last month as a perfect time to rip me off. The heck, been forced to hook up airTel mainly for better data offer and speed since then. However, they still need to be taught some lesson. I don't need their crap data again and need a refund of the money. I was actually doing them a favour hitherto by sticking to them (from 2002 till date) while my friends and families had diversified to other networks. Still pàpà yet person never win 100kobo from 'em let alone 100 million promo. Mscheeeew. Abeg, I need someone or some agency to report them to to keep 'em running and do what's right.
Re: Anyone Noticed Illegal Credit Deduction From Glo? by Twill92: 8:18am On Sep 22, 2015
i wonder why this service providers are like that... i watched as glo took their time to turn my credit into weekly allowance... my data is always off as i don't get to browse with the bb and i dont reply their rubbish messages requesting i subscribe for one thing or the other... had to adopt recharge n use up method, i load lesser n finish it till the last kobo even if i have to call birds...

(1) (Reply)

Which Side Of A Device Is Best For Locating Sim Cards ? / How To Unlock My Visafone / Instagram Will Soon Let You Post 1 Hour Long Videos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.