Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,429 members, 7,815,967 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:27 PM

Anambra Completes Oil Drilling Lines - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Anambra Completes Oil Drilling Lines (10496 Views)

Udom Emmanuel Completes House (Mansion) In Just Months In Office -SaharaReporter / Total Nigeria Completes Alaoji Power Station Gas Supply Pipe Line / Imo Completes 120 New Model Schools (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Anambra Completes Oil Drilling Lines by chino11(m): 1:49pm On Aug 23, 2012
The Anambra State government has completed its Orient Petroleum Resources Plc. drilling lines, and acquired support equipment for commercial drilling of hydrocarbon, Valentine Obienyem, Senior Special Adviser to Governor Peter Obi on Media, said on Tuesday.

Obienyem said that President Goodluck Jonathan would inaugurate the commercial drilling on August 30 at Aguleri Otu in Anambra East LGA.

He said the drilling environment had conformed to international standards.

"Orient Petroleum service contractor has acquired high resolution 3D seismic data over 640 square kilometres of Orient’s oil blocks OPL 915 & 916, which has delineated the full extent of the hydrocarbon discoveries and prospects," he said.

"The state government has completed a 20-kilometre access road to the oil wells and the 10-kilometre flow line for evacuating crude to a spot on Anambra River, from where evacuation will be undertaken by barges to Brass in Bayelsa.

"Anambra will soon join the club of oil producing states in the country."

The governor’s aide said the state-owned company had equally finalised the detailed engineering and sourced the modules for its 55,000 bpd refinery.

According to him, the company had completed the geo-technical, geological, hydro-geological surveys and civil engineering works for the installation of the refinery equipment, and acquired seven hectares of land for the establishment of a depot for distribution of petroleum products from the refinery.

http://dailytimes.com.ng/article/anambra-completes-oil-drilling-lines
Re: Anambra Completes Oil Drilling Lines by chino11(m): 1:51pm On Aug 23, 2012
Anambra now an oil rich city-state. whoa cool
Re: Anambra Completes Oil Drilling Lines by muktarl: 2:03pm On Aug 23, 2012
See ibo people make we enter power first, na today. The oil belongs to all of us.
Re: Anambra Completes Oil Drilling Lines by chino11(m): 2:06pm On Aug 23, 2012
^

Aboki please shutup, its a state-owned oil company. It has nothing to do with you northerners.
Re: Anambra Completes Oil Drilling Lines by muktarl: 2:11pm On Aug 23, 2012
chino11: ^

Aboki please shutup, its a state-owned oil company. It has nothing to do with you northerners.

Stop deceiving yourself, there will be national quota system in that orient oil company. All the regions will be represented, just like its being done in NNPC and other oil companies.
Re: Anambra Completes Oil Drilling Lines by achi4u(m): 2:19pm On Aug 23, 2012
muktarl:

Stop deceiving yourself, there will be national quota system in that orient oil company. All the regions will be represented, just like its being done in NNPC and other oil companies.
I don't think so sir,but you can still explain further to enlighten us more.
Re: Anambra Completes Oil Drilling Lines by muktarl: 2:24pm On Aug 23, 2012
achi4u: I don't think so sir,but you can still explain further to enlighten us more.

by constutution of Nigeria, every Nigerian has equal right to work in the same company whether it is Orient or whatever company we northerners have same right to work there, that is my point. And again there is nothing like state own as regards orient, decisions can be taken in Abuja who becomes the MD. Just wait till power returns to the north in 2015 then you will understand what am talking about
Re: Anambra Completes Oil Drilling Lines by karpentar: 2:34pm On Aug 23, 2012

Lazy northern pest....go and discover your own abundant resources develop them and “eat” alone. Stop being parasitic!!!!

2 Likes

Re: Anambra Completes Oil Drilling Lines by Afam4eva(m): 2:35pm On Aug 23, 2012
muktarl:

Don't be silly, Orient oil company is a privately owned company unlike NNPC.
Re: Anambra Completes Oil Drilling Lines by achi4u(m): 2:36pm On Aug 23, 2012
muktarl:

by constutution of Nigeria, every Nigerian has equal right to work in the same company whether it is Orient or whatever company we northerners have same right to work there, that is my point. And again there is nothing like state own as regards orient, decisions can be taken in Abuja who becomes the MD. Just wait till power returns to the north in 2015 then you will understand what am talking about
Point noted! but the issue of power going to North got me devastated,how is that one going to be based on what is on ground now??
*The security issue(bh)
*The born to rule mentality which other regions detest
*And general fear for northerners
Re: Anambra Completes Oil Drilling Lines by CeaserB: 2:37pm On Aug 23, 2012
[size=16pt]This Is One Of The Right Steps Towards Project 2015.
Everybody Go Answer Their Papa Name By Then. tongue
[/size]
Re: Anambra Completes Oil Drilling Lines by MMM2(m): 2:39pm On Aug 23, 2012
Oil money tongue

1 Like

Re: Anambra Completes Oil Drilling Lines by otondo55: 2:39pm On Aug 23, 2012
See ibo people make we enter power first, na today. The oil belongs to all of us.

Thats why the north remains parasite, taking the nation to stone age. Failing to develop your groundnut pyramid, cattle and vegetable market to world standard. All you wait for is for government to keep spoon feeding you.

As you make you mat, so will you lay on it. Wake up, Parasite !

4 Likes

Re: Anambra Completes Oil Drilling Lines by muktarl: 2:40pm On Aug 23, 2012
afam4eva:
Don't be silly, Orient oil company is a privately owned company unlike NNPC.

You are out of your mind. Does it mean as a Nigerian I do not have the same right because am not an indigene of Anambra, get serious? Whether it is a private company or not the fact remains that the said oil they are exploring is within the shores of Nigeria and as a Nigerian we have the same right in any part of Nigeria. The same way the other Nigerian including we the northerners hold-sway in Niger delta is the same way we will have right in the Anambra basin. Gaskia

1 Like

Re: Anambra Completes Oil Drilling Lines by Nobody: 2:43pm On Aug 23, 2012
Ok I think it is time to pack and go home and chop oil money...

1 Like

Re: Anambra Completes Oil Drilling Lines by Beync(f): 2:43pm On Aug 23, 2012
muktarl:

stop displaying your parasitic behavour with national quota. what is the national quota saying on income generated from watermelon?

1 Like

Re: Anambra Completes Oil Drilling Lines by sconsults: 2:47pm On Aug 23, 2012
@mukhtari i am not sure you are a northerner at all and if u really are, i now understand why people insult you guys.i know many reasonable northern guy but for your type,you are not better than the cow you rear no wonder the fulanis keep ruling you.you be real ode wey go school . I have not met you,but i can imagine you have a long dirty beard like a goat ..better stop disgracing your people and go and leave among your cows.

2 Likes

Re: Anambra Completes Oil Drilling Lines by bigtt76(f): 2:48pm On Aug 23, 2012
Hmmm ...so sad how our young generation that ought to know better than fighting along religious and ethnic lines as our forefathers, are now toeing the same lines yet we all cry for a better Nigeria na wao!

Calling for wars and divisions ....you guys need to look at pictures from war torn areas to see for yourself what it does to the people there. Its not the elders that feel the brunt but you the young ones. The elders are killed but the youths maimed for life!

Let us learn to live peacefully and come out with one voice against the elders fighting along religious and ethnic lines. Growing up our parents tells us not to side kids fighting because at the end of the day ...kids would always be kids and play/help each other when the elders are not around. Same here too ...following the politicians to promote their religious and ethnic sentiments ...they will always meet to enjoy the loot together at your expense.

1 Like

Re: Anambra Completes Oil Drilling Lines by muktarl: 2:48pm On Aug 23, 2012
I dont have time to respond to all these craziness of you ibo until 2015, then we will know whether you nyamiris will stil lay claim to your privately or state own gibberish. Afterwards the north fed the whole country until you ingrates found oil. nonsense
Re: Anambra Completes Oil Drilling Lines by umechuma: 2:48pm On Aug 23, 2012
muktarl:

Thank you for reminding us that an average Northerner is a parasite and lazy but it's unfortunate that people like you don't know the game has changed.
Re: Anambra Completes Oil Drilling Lines by Nobody: 2:49pm On Aug 23, 2012
muktarl:

black jesus!!! So u had the gut to sit behind ur lappy and type this.
U shuld hv known by now that igbos arent ppl u jst manoeuvre like that. That u were able to colonize oil wells in ijaw land dsnt mean u can do the same anywhere.
Jeez! Why am i even wasting ma energy on this dude!
Dude go get job and stop poking ur nose where its not needed!!

1 Like

Re: Anambra Completes Oil Drilling Lines by debosky(m): 2:50pm On Aug 23, 2012
When I told folk a few months back that the refinery was yet to be built they said it was bad belle. These folk don't even appear to have started drilling as they are talking about acquiring drilling equipment.

At first we were told Orient is privately owned (with Anyaoku as the chairman) now it is called a 'state-owned' company. Which is which?

Good effort nonetheless, but they need to actually start production before running around to commission the project.
Re: Anambra Completes Oil Drilling Lines by sconsults: 2:52pm On Aug 23, 2012
^^ don waste your time jare talking to that he goat mukhtari
Re: Anambra Completes Oil Drilling Lines by Obinoscopy(m): 2:54pm On Aug 23, 2012
I don't think the Orient Company is state owned. Even if it is state owned, a portion of the crude oil generated is accrued to NNPC (heard its 60%). However with the clamor for fiscal federalism, there might be a change in how the revenue from oil proceeds are distributed.

Nevertheless, I'm of the opinion that we should shift our focus from all this crude oil nonsense and focus on other sectors such as agriculture, commerce and manufacturing

3 Likes

Re: Anambra Completes Oil Drilling Lines by Nobody: 2:56pm On Aug 23, 2012
The Nation is getting richer while the masses are getting poorer and some lazy folks are fighting over right to possession.
Re: Anambra Completes Oil Drilling Lines by Nobody: 2:56pm On Aug 23, 2012
Great development. More good news. Things are gradually falling into right places
Re: Anambra Completes Oil Drilling Lines by Andrew3(m): 2:57pm On Aug 23, 2012
oil flows under the ground like a river, moving from place to place. Be aware.

1 Like

Re: Anambra Completes Oil Drilling Lines by mrperfect(m): 3:06pm On Aug 23, 2012
This is welcome development for the country.
Re: Anambra Completes Oil Drilling Lines by achi4u(m): 3:09pm On Aug 23, 2012
Obinoscopy: I don't think the Orient Company is state owned. Even if it is state owned, a portion of the crude oil generated is accrued to NNPC (heard its 60%). However with the clamor for fiscal federalism, there might be a change in how the revenue from oil proceeds are distributed.

Nevertheless, I'm of the opinion that we should shift our focus from all this crude oil nonsense and focus on other sectors such as agriculture, commerce and manufacturing
yesooo this oil hype is getting out of hand...a change of mind needed though.
While we're at it,agriculture and other means of making cash(as you listed) should be approched with serious mind.

1 Like

Re: Anambra Completes Oil Drilling Lines by Diligence: 3:23pm On Aug 23, 2012
Learn more abt my home state - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anambra_State
Re: Anambra Completes Oil Drilling Lines by Nobody: 3:24pm On Aug 23, 2012
muktarl:

You are out of your mind. Does it mean as a Nigerian I do not have the same right because am not an indigene of Anambra, get serious? Whether it is a private company or not the fact remains that the said oil they are exploring is within the shores of Nigeria and as a Nigerian we have the same right in any part of Nigeria. The same way the other Nigerian including we the northerners hold-sway in Niger delta is the same way we will have right in the Anambra basin. Gaskia
when you thru you bh bros kill southerners and christians out of your core north better think again
Re: Anambra Completes Oil Drilling Lines by Diligence: 3:27pm On Aug 23, 2012
"Currently,Anambra State has the lowest poverty rate in Nigeria." Visit Anambra, Invest in Anambra and live in Anambra!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Isreali Jewish Flag And Biafran Flag Flying Full Mast At Nnamdi Kanu's Compound / Osun 2018 Election: The Story Of Tantolorun By Lasisi Olagunju / Quit Active Politics, Be A Statesmen - Reporter tell Obasanjo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.