Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,596 members, 7,812,954 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 11:33 PM

Will She Be Infected? - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Will She Be Infected? (1380 Views)

By 2075 90% Of The Black Race Will Be Infected With AIDS. / Nigerian Doctor Who Treated Victim Infected With Ebola / Ciclopirox Eradicates HIV Permanently From Infected Cells (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Will She Be Infected? by pearlhapi(f): 9:59pm On Aug 23, 2012
My friend is a medical personnel working with one of the hospitals in town•on wednesday which is yestday she came back from work and explained what she went through at work•she was to inject a guy of about 25 years of age,according to her in the process of capping the needle or so[am not a medical personel so forgive me if I use the words wrongly]while capping she punctured her hand•she immediately administerd some first aid and didn't bother to do any more work•while we were chattin on fone,she narrated what happened and said she made a mistake of not checking the guys hiv status so I adviced her to do so once she got to work the next day•while at work today she called and said the result proved that the guy is hiv positive!my heart immediately skipped a beat•she carried out a test on herself that proved negative and thereafter was given drugs which she must take for a whole month or so[I can't state correctly]and was told to carry out another test in six months time which should be by january•well,av really been scared for her and don't want anything of such to happen to her•shes far older than me and for her to have stoop low to explain such thing to me means its really eating her up•i just wana be able to convince her that nothing would happen to her but then I need facts•pls I need clearance on this•thank you
Re: Will She Be Infected? by Caracta(f): 10:24pm On Aug 23, 2012
Medically, it's too early to conclude if she got infected or not. However, you'll have to keep encouraging your friend while she waits for proper tests to be conducted.
She can confide in her 'medical' friends for support.

1 Like

Re: Will She Be Infected? by pearlhapi(f): 10:29pm On Aug 23, 2012
Caracta: Medically, it's too early to conclude if she got infected or not. However, you'll have to keep encouraging your friend while she waits for proper tests to be conducted.
She can confide in her 'medical' friends for support.
alryt•tankx much for your comment•
Re: Will She Be Infected? by ITbomb(m): 10:34pm On Aug 23, 2012
"she immediately administerd some first aid"
this should allay any immediate possible fears, if the punctured skin was not deep and the first aid included antiseptic.
By January , she should have peace of mind.
Re: Will She Be Infected? by pearlhapi(f): 10:46pm On Aug 23, 2012
ITbomb: "she immediately administerd some first aid"
this should allay any immediate possible fears, if the punctured skin was not deep and the first aid included antiseptic.
By January , she should have peace of mind.
yea it wasn't deep•u know ow a pin will jt pierce you and you immediately remove your hand[how do I explain dis now]and immediately it happend she said she scrapped the punctured area on the floor and applied spirits
Re: Will She Be Infected? by yamakuza: 11:30pm On Aug 23, 2012
did she cap the needle before or after injecting the guy?

if after, i believe the Post-exposure prophylaxis (PEP) medication she's now on should work for her like they work for rape victims.

that should cheer her up till January. no need for her to kill herself with hypertension before then
Re: Will She Be Infected? by pearlhapi(f): 7:14am On Aug 24, 2012
yamakuza: did she cap the needle before or after injecting the guy?

if after, i believe the Post-exposure prophylaxis (PEP) medication she's now on should work for her like they work for rape victims.

that should cheer her up till January. no need for her to kill herself with hypertension before then

[breathes down]oshe
Re: Will She Be Infected? by Nobody: 9:32pm On Aug 24, 2012
Can she get infected: its possible.
But it depends on these: Has the patient done confirmatory test? Ppl can test positive but it needs to be confirmed bc theres possibility of false positive. What is the patient viral load? The higher the viral load the more the possibility of getting infected.there r more determinant factors.

Any help? Yes!
She is already on post exposure prophylaxis. And i believe it was started within 72hrs.

Any other help? Yes. Prayer!
Re: Will She Be Infected? by pearlhapi(f): 10:11pm On Aug 24, 2012
centje: Can she get infected: its possible.
But it depends on these: Has the patient done confirmatory test? Ppl can test positive but it needs to be confirmed bc theres possibility of false positive. What is the patient viral load? The higher the viral load the more the possibility of getting infected.there r more determinant factors.

Any help? Yes!
She is already on post exposure prophylaxis. And i believe it was started within 72hrs.

Any other help? Yes. Prayer!
all ryt•tank u and I promise to get all these across to her
Re: Will She Be Infected? by EfemenaXY: 5:57pm On Aug 26, 2012
Gosh! This is scary sad embarassed
Re: Will She Be Infected? by pearlhapi(f): 6:37pm On Aug 26, 2012
Efemena_xy: Gosh! This is scary sad embarassed
lolz•hope it didn't make u faint btw na so we see am ooo
Re: Will She Be Infected? by EfemenaXY: 6:40pm On Aug 26, 2012
I felt faint reading it. You get your whole life mapped out in front of you just because of a needle-prick.

Plus six months hypertension on top of all that just from waiting.

Na wa o!
Re: Will She Be Infected? by pearlhapi(f): 6:47pm On Aug 26, 2012
Efemena_xy: I felt faint reading it. You get your whole life mapped out in front of you just because of a needle-prick.

Plus six months hypertension on top of all that just from waiting.

Na wa o!
my dear its not funny at all•plus u share same name wid ma kid sist{hope u r as fyn as her}winkz
Re: Will She Be Infected? by EfemenaXY: 7:55pm On Aug 26, 2012
Lol! My own fine pass fine o! wink

(1) (Reply)

Tusla Honey, The Trusted Original Honey In Nigeria / Please Save My Future! How Can I Make Kids?? / I May Be Hiv Positive, How Do I Break This News To My Wife

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.