Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,595 members, 7,816,476 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:43 AM

I May Be Hiv Positive, How Do I Break This News To My Wife - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / I May Be Hiv Positive, How Do I Break This News To My Wife (1383 Views)

Could I Be HIV Possible / I May Have Caught Something (graphic) / Could It Be HIV (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I May Be Hiv Positive, How Do I Break This News To My Wife by Repercussion: 2:44am On Mar 06, 2020
I’ve been feeling sickly in the past few weeks. I know very much that I may have been exposed but really didn’t think much of it because the only person I had sexual contact with outside my wife is someone I see every day and she still remains healthy. How ever I’ve been having some symptoms in the past few weeks that’s been giving me serious concern. Yesterday I decided to get an hiv rapid test kit on Konga and based on the result it came out positive a bold line on c and a very faint line on T. I’ve secretly cryed my self out. My wife is pregnant and also not feeling too well. I plan on going to a lab later today just be be sure.my real issue is how to break this to my wife. I’m afraid the news of this will kill her. I just don’t know how she will react. I also can’t tell anyone to talk on my behalf. I really need help waking from this nightmare.

Update!! I came out clean to my wife this morning and she followed me to the general hospital where I took the test. It came out negative. I will be back in 3 months to test again. Thanks a lot for your words of encouragement.

4 Likes

Re: I May Be Hiv Positive, How Do I Break This News To My Wife by daewoorazer(m): 2:52am On Mar 06, 2020
Don’t kill yourself over an unsure test. Go to a government hospital and have a thorough test.

Most importantly, it’s not the end of life
Re: I May Be Hiv Positive, How Do I Break This News To My Wife by GboyegaD(m): 3:03am On Mar 06, 2020
Go for the test and be sincere with her so that she can also test herself and know how to manage her health irrespective of the result. The deed has been done and condemning you changes nothing.

Hopefully, it isn't real and please desist from such act going forward.
Re: I May Be Hiv Positive, How Do I Break This News To My Wife by Mistaicey2288: 3:44am On Mar 06, 2020
You need to stop beating yourself up over this. The deed has already been done and there's no point crying over a spilled milk. Just ensure you visit a clinic first to get yourself checked and be completely sure what is going on. It might not really be HIV, it might just be something else. Just go confirm what it is first. And also, learn to remain faithful to your wife henceforth. Be careful!

2 Likes

Re: I May Be Hiv Positive, How Do I Break This News To My Wife by Davash222(m): 3:44am On Mar 06, 2020
After doing what my comrades up there suggested and the result is still positive, please don't tell your wife now. I doubt if she can handle this with her present condition.

The lady you had sex with that you think is healthy might be on medication. Having unprotected sex can lead to only two things, unwanted pregnancy or disease. So, don't be surprised. When you were having unprotected sex with her, what were you expecting Plasma TV?
Re: I May Be Hiv Positive, How Do I Break This News To My Wife by chukxie(m): 3:52am On Mar 06, 2020
Thanks to advance in medicine, HIV is no longer a death sentence. Go to a hospital and get yourself properly checked out. If you're indeed positive, register for antiretroviral drugs. Tell your wife to go get checked, too. And if she's positive, she also can start taking antiretroviral medicine so that the baby she's carrying doesn't have the virus. Good luck to you and your family.

1 Like

Re: I May Be Hiv Positive, How Do I Break This News To My Wife by Nobody: 4:53am On Mar 06, 2020
hearing this (hiv rapid test kit on Konga) for the first time....Better to visit the hospital and do a retest ....then go seek advice from medical personnel on what next step to take. If it is positive visit a counsellor with your wife before breaking any news, but you can arrange with the doctor to carry out a test on her. If it is negative Congratulations. If you are both negative double CONGRATULATIONS.
Re: I May Be Hiv Positive, How Do I Break This News To My Wife by daddytime(m): 5:18am On Mar 06, 2020
How do we help you wake up from a nightmare you instigated by yourself?

Abi make we assist you sleep to dream better dream?

How about you get yourself to a hospital for a proper test and narrate this nightmare to them as you just did here?
Re: I May Be Hiv Positive, How Do I Break This News To My Wife by Gallant12: 5:22am On Mar 06, 2020
When you guys are asked to stay one place, it will be no we are polyganous and God created us like that. Fool, why are you scared?? Was it not God that made you like this?? Better prepare for the worst because your wife will snuff out the life in you. Idiot.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: I May Be Hiv Positive, How Do I Break This News To My Wife by chatinent: 5:40am On Mar 06, 2020
It's called repercussions of sexual immorality.

1 Like

Re: I May Be Hiv Positive, How Do I Break This News To My Wife by myndd444: 5:41am On Mar 06, 2020
Gallant12:
When you guys are asked to stay one place, it will be no we are polyganous and God created us like that. Fool, why are you scared?? Was it not God that made you like this?? Better prepare for the worst because your wife will snuff out the life in you. Idiot.

Shut you Pharisee. He has realized his mistake and is feeling guilt already. Why then do you keep judging him? Are you God?

Be very careful before I ban you

1 Like

Re: I May Be Hiv Positive, How Do I Break This News To My Wife by shege45: 5:51am On Mar 06, 2020
myndd444:

Shut you Pharisee. He has realized his mistake and is feeling guilt already. Why then do you keep judging him? Are you God?

leave am
na so dem dey do.
Re: I May Be Hiv Positive, How Do I Break This News To My Wife by tetula123(m): 5:52am On Mar 06, 2020
Repercussion:
I’ve been feeling sickly in the past few weeks. I know very much that I may have been exposed but really didn’t think much of it because the only person I had sexual contact with outside my wife is someone I see every day and she still remains healthy. How ever I’ve been having some symptoms in the past few weeks that’s been giving me serious concern. Yesterday I decided to get an hiv rapid test kit on Konga and based on the result it came out positive a bold line on c and a very faint line on T. I’ve secretly cryed my self out. My wife is pregnant and also not feeling too well. I plan on going to a lab later today just be be sure.my real issue is how to break this to my wife. I’m afraid the news of this will kill her. I just don’t know how she will react. I also can’t tell anyone to talk on my behalf. I really need help waking from this nightmare.
i loathe giving advice since nairaland is now filled with trolls.
Nevertheless, that kit might be expired hence the faint line. Do go to a good lab and take a proper test.
Re: I May Be Hiv Positive, How Do I Break This News To My Wife by yvelchstores(f): 5:55am On Mar 06, 2020
Very good topic. It will serve as a warning to other men.
Re: I May Be Hiv Positive, How Do I Break This News To My Wife by Money05: 8:44am On Mar 06, 2020
Repercussion:
What were the symptoms you were feeling?
Re: I May Be Hiv Positive, How Do I Break This News To My Wife by Igetmyown247: 9:11am On Mar 06, 2020
myndd444:

He’s only realizing now because he’s scared he’s HIV positive other than that he will still be cheating on the poor wife and wouldn’t be here. Some of you men are pathetic. So stfu and keep scrolling.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: I May Be Hiv Positive, How Do I Break This News To My Wife by McCoy662(m): 9:38am On Mar 06, 2020
I don't know why people keep doing this to themselves. I've always been so careful with my life, it's better safe than sorry. We all know "AIDS no dey show for face", so, why would you adjudge the lady's status with her look? Now you know that you have a wife and you didn't even care to know her status before going on to sleep with your wife. Now it has ended in tears.
I'm not saying I'm perfect but if I need a sex mate aside my wife, I will get her tested first or I will just double my CD.

I'm afraid, ur wife may never forgive you. And the earlier you go for the test the better cos you will apply precautionary measures if +. Right now, your wife may be at high risk of infecting your other children if any cos I know mothers share sharp objects a lot with their kids.
Just pray this won't be the end of your family.
Re: I May Be Hiv Positive, How Do I Break This News To My Wife by Repercussion: 9:54am On Mar 06, 2020
Igetmyown247:

He’s only realizing now because he’s scared he’s HIV positive other than that he will still be cheating on the poor wife and wouldn’t be here. Some of you men are pathetic. So stfu and keep scrolling.
truth is, for me, I’ve made my peace what ever the outcome. What’s killing me is the poor woman who doesn’t deserve to suffer for my mistake. I know I messed up big time.
Re: I May Be Hiv Positive, How Do I Break This News To My Wife by dominique(f): 10:19am On Mar 06, 2020
Delay is dangerous! Go get tested asap and know your status and start treatment immediately if needed. For the sake of your wife and unborn baby, I hope you're negative.

Men have been bringing countless problems to themselves and families in the name of "we are polygamous in nature" or "we cannot eat the same kind of food for many years". If they're not dying like dogs in hotel rooms, they're bringing incurable STDs to the family.

1 Like 4 Shares

Re: I May Be Hiv Positive, How Do I Break This News To My Wife by cicero(m): 10:43am On Mar 06, 2020
Posts like this encourage me to stick to my wife like super glue.
Re: I May Be Hiv Positive, How Do I Break This News To My Wife by nonny1212: 10:48am On Mar 06, 2020
Sorry bro. you will be fine

Lemme go and marry. I want to stick to 1 woman.
cry cry
Re: I May Be Hiv Positive, How Do I Break This News To My Wife by annygifty(f): 11:28am On Mar 06, 2020
If you are later confirmed positive in a lab, then you have successfully allowed your wife and probably your unborn child( if care is not taken) reap the fruit of your labour.
Re: I May Be Hiv Positive, How Do I Break This News To My Wife by Igetmyown247: 11:39am On Mar 06, 2020
Repercussion:
truth is, for me, I’ve made my peace what ever the outcome. What’s killing me is the poor woman who doesn’t deserve to suffer for my mistake. I know I messed up big time.

You’re disgusting sir. I hope God will protect that woman and the innocent unborn baby from being infected. You don’t deserve them.

1 Like

Re: I May Be Hiv Positive, How Do I Break This News To My Wife by Repercussion: 3:14pm On Mar 06, 2020
Update!! I came out clean to my wife this morning and she followed me to the general hospital where I took the test. It came out negative. I will be back in 3 months to test again. Thanks a lot for your words of encouragement. Our God truly is a God of second chances

1 Like

Re: I May Be Hiv Positive, How Do I Break This News To My Wife by PRISTINEMUSCLES: 5:03pm On Mar 06, 2020
I will warn you to desist from self-diagnosis cos it kills faster than the ailment so diagnosed. If you are experiencing any symptom of an ailment rather than go to Google, I strongly advise you go to the hospital for proper diagnosis and evaluation. Many have gone to their early grave cos of this.

1 Like

Re: I May Be Hiv Positive, How Do I Break This News To My Wife by Skyrocket1: 12:23pm On Mar 07, 2020

(1) (Reply)

Cure For Infection Especially For Ladies/women / Suffering From Shyness / Can You Dispose Off Your Woman's Sanitory Pad?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.