Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,827 members, 7,810,176 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:30 PM

Ethiopia-the Birth Of Nations-the Origin Of The Green, Yellow And Red Flag! - Culture (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Ethiopia-the Birth Of Nations-the Origin Of The Green, Yellow And Red Flag! (126362 Views)

What Is The Origin Of Clapping/applause And Why Is It So Widespread? / The Green Snakes Of Okposi, Ebonyi State / The Mystery Behind The Birth Of The Oba Of Benin (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (38) (Go Down)

Re: Ethiopia-the Birth Of Nations-the Origin Of The Green, Yellow And Red Flag! by Kenyaphilia: 1:27am On Aug 24, 2012
onila: just really sucks when you go to African events and

u see most africans with green, red n yellow flag, all over the place tongue

not so unique

but when we Nigerians enter the place, we just stand out =green white green cool
You forgot about Kenya my dear....the most unique flag in Africa

Re: Ethiopia-the Birth Of Nations-the Origin Of The Green, Yellow And Red Flag! by PhysicsMHD(m): 1:27am On Aug 24, 2012
SmoothCrim: Ghana has the most Slave Castles in Africa! FACT!!!

undecided
Re: Ethiopia-the Birth Of Nations-the Origin Of The Green, Yellow And Red Flag! by kengis: 1:28am On Aug 24, 2012
PhysicsMHD:

undecided
LOL
Re: Ethiopia-the Birth Of Nations-the Origin Of The Green, Yellow And Red Flag! by SmoothCrim: 1:28am On Aug 24, 2012
onila:

I was kicked out from their group because I was black shocked
when ayanle that dumb somali on NL told me Ethiopians hate black people, I didnt believe it

but when I went to their group and experienced their so called uneccessary complex shocked I was shocked

and this quote is everywhere in their group. they post it every time like its their national anthem. thats how i knew the origin of the shitty green, red, yellow tongue grin
they said they feel superior to other Africans because of these dumb accomplishments grin and yea because they have tiny noses

Aren't you from that poor country Ethiopia?!?!
Not just Poor, but also the Only African nation Never colonized, First African's to win gold in the olympics, The African nation with its own written Alphabet,The country that practiced Christianity before Europeans and accepted Islam before the Middle East! The country with the flag colors that everyone rocks without even knowing what it means (green, yellow, red)! The country that is the origin of the coffee you sip, The country with so much culture and spirituality that you can't even comprehend! Yes!!! I am from that BEAUTIFUL country and Proud of it!!!!!!

Everyone writes their history to feel proud... If I wrote Ghana's many of you would be crying!! wink wink wink wink

It would be 10 times what you have listed wink
Re: Ethiopia-the Birth Of Nations-the Origin Of The Green, Yellow And Red Flag! by anonymous6(f): 1:29am On Aug 24, 2012
Nayah:

The problem is that you guys give them reasons to be "superior" or whatever...if you see some sections on here we can see many threads about Ethio/Somali( skin, models, comparison and so on)...giving them this feeling of superiority so this is not a surprise

But sometimes the Op of those threads are not nigerian, they are Somali or Ethiopian trolls though. To be honest many Nigerians are not familiar or know to much about Horn of Africa, who do you think are the ones saying bantu and all this nonsense all the time
Re: Ethiopia-the Birth Of Nations-the Origin Of The Green, Yellow And Red Flag! by SmoothCrim: 1:29am On Aug 24, 2012
PhysicsMHD:

undecided

I admit it... Ghana also has the most history written by European explorers in Africa... That is why Ghana has much more detailed history written than other African countries many of whom have turned to writing lies based on oral history...
Re: Ethiopia-the Birth Of Nations-the Origin Of The Green, Yellow And Red Flag! by PhysicsMHD(m): 1:30am On Aug 24, 2012
red, black, and green = Marcus Garvey, also pan-Africanism

green, white, and green = wealth and peace (neither of which Nigeria really has nationwide), but unfortunately its colors coincide with those of some Arab/Muslim country flags

1 Like

Re: Ethiopia-the Birth Of Nations-the Origin Of The Green, Yellow And Red Flag! by PhysicsMHD(m): 1:31am On Aug 24, 2012
SmoothCrim:

I admit it... Ghana also has the most history written by European explorers in Africa... That is why Ghana has much more detailed history written than other African countries many of whom have turned to writing lies based on oral history...

Where did you get this from?

Did you carry out a study as against Kongo,Angola, places in North Africa, etc.? Did someone else carry out a study?
Re: Ethiopia-the Birth Of Nations-the Origin Of The Green, Yellow And Red Flag! by SmoothCrim: 1:31am On Aug 24, 2012
PhysicsMHD: red, black, and green = Marcus Garvey, also pan-Africanism

green, white, and green = wealth and peace (neither of which Nigeria really has nationwide), but unfortunately its colors coincide with those of some Arab/Muslim country flags

Bakassi!!! grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Bakassi's are NOT Black!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oBpKk9DQR3A
Re: Ethiopia-the Birth Of Nations-the Origin Of The Green, Yellow And Red Flag! by SmoothCrim: 1:32am On Aug 24, 2012
PhysicsMHD:

Where did you get this from?

Did you carry out a study as against Kongo,Angola, places in North Africa, etc.? Did someone else carry out a study?

One of the most...
Re: Ethiopia-the Birth Of Nations-the Origin Of The Green, Yellow And Red Flag! by PhysicsMHD(m): 1:32am On Aug 24, 2012
SmoothCrim:

Bakassi!!! grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Bakassi's are NOT Black!!!

We're dark brown. The colonizers called you black and you ran with it. grin
Re: Ethiopia-the Birth Of Nations-the Origin Of The Green, Yellow And Red Flag! by onila(f): 1:33am On Aug 24, 2012
ezotik:

unless u have another quote, there was nothing racist about the comment. he/she is someone who is sure of where he/she is coming from and proud of it. u were the one who actually made a racist comment judging from what u have posted.

I never insulted anyone in their group. .I cant be that dumb because if i shld insult anyone-I knew I will be kicked of the group immediately

Once they realized I was a west African. .some of them called me a nigga grin and asked me do u feel welcomed here, u monkey shocked
many also called me monkey

when I cldnt take it anymore, I insulted them back-poor pple etc
they later reported me to the admin and I got kicked out grin

this was an active Ethiopian group-over 50,000 members
Re: Ethiopia-the Birth Of Nations-the Origin Of The Green, Yellow And Red Flag! by kengis: 1:35am On Aug 24, 2012
SmoothCrim:

One of the most...

wow he's bragging about having slave castles LOL
ghanaians are still SLAVES for real
there's another ghanaian boy who is claiming too be jamaican
shame on you !
Re: Ethiopia-the Birth Of Nations-the Origin Of The Green, Yellow And Red Flag! by anonymous6(f): 1:35am On Aug 24, 2012
PhysicsMHD: red, black, and green = Marcus Garvey, also pan-Africanism

LOL, So true
Re: Ethiopia-the Birth Of Nations-the Origin Of The Green, Yellow And Red Flag! by SmoothCrim: 1:35am On Aug 24, 2012
kengis:
Dignity or pride have nothing to do with money or economic power
Since you're a ghanaian beggar ,you 'll never understand
Those decendent of slaves or black diasporians can have all the gold ,it won't buy this sense of dignity the slave master stole
There 's nothing more embarassing than being the white men's tools

Then Ethiopia which you are praising are the biggest tools!!

The biggest aid recipient in the WORLD!

Is that not SLAVERY??

If you take all that aid you have to do what the person giving the aid wants!!

Hence the wars on behalf of Western nations etc etc!!! wink wink wink wink wink

There is a difference between real pride and fake pride and poverty takes away almost any dignity one may have!!!

Only NEGROES would be impressed with some of these "accomplishments"!! I am not impressed!!! wink
Re: Ethiopia-the Birth Of Nations-the Origin Of The Green, Yellow And Red Flag! by onila(f): 1:36am On Aug 24, 2012
Kenyaphilia:
You forgot about Kenya my dear....the most unique flag in Africa

yea I really like the kenyan flag! especially the south African zulu shield. .i thot it was a south African thingy
Re: Ethiopia-the Birth Of Nations-the Origin Of The Green, Yellow And Red Flag! by Nayah(f): 1:37am On Aug 24, 2012
SmoothCrim:

Every group should feel superior!! grin grin grin grin grin grin

If you go to a Ghanaian site there would be Ghanaian supremacy!! The problem with Nigeria is there is no real common identity!! grin grin grin grin grin
Just to point out I'm not a Nigerian, and superiority based on constructive things and NOT subjectivity or little details and passion. Think about it

Plus superiority in what? judging from the fact that every single countries has their goods and bads?
Re: Ethiopia-the Birth Of Nations-the Origin Of The Green, Yellow And Red Flag! by SmoothCrim: 1:39am On Aug 24, 2012
kengis:

wow he's bragging about having slave castle LOL
ghanaians are still SLAVES for rea

I am giving a historical lesson!! It teaches a very big lesson that one must learn about the Barbarian era in West Africa!! If you don't learn it it will happen again... Nigeria as the biggest exporter of people should have learned it the most but, has learned it the least!

As I said, slavery to me is not embarrassing! cheesy cheesy cheesy

If I am embarrassed by anything it is not the people but, the thinking during that time that allowed it to happen!! Mainly in the Ghanaian context division and ethnic rivalry!! I can promise you that a united Ghana would NEVER have allowed so many Castles to be built(even though genetic tests are starting to prove that not that many Ghanaians ended up in the west which is strange....??)!! wink wink wink wink wink Either way... A united Ghana will would have taken over Africa...

Only Ghanaian RULE can SAVE Africa!!!

Once again!! Only Ghanaian RULE can SAVE Africa cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Ethiopia-the Birth Of Nations-the Origin Of The Green, Yellow And Red Flag! by PAGAN9JA(m): 1:39am On Aug 24, 2012
PhysicsMHD: It was pan-Africanism. If you understand the milieu in which Nkrumah and his colleagues were operating, then you'll understand why they went with those colors.

reminds me of Arab countries using flag colors of the 3 isamic caliphates : ummayads, abassids, fatimid and also the khawrij., i.e., red, black, white and green. These are the Pan-Arab colours, used by Egypt, Iraq, Syria, and Yemen, and formerly in the flags of Libya, South Yemen, and the short-lived Arab unions of the United Arab Republic, and the Federation of Arab Republics
Re: Ethiopia-the Birth Of Nations-the Origin Of The Green, Yellow And Red Flag! by kengis: 1:39am On Aug 24, 2012
SmoothCrim:

Then Ethiopia which you are praising are the biggest tools!!

The biggest aid recipient in the WORLD!

Is that not SLAVERY??

If you take all that aid you have to do what the person giving the aid wants!!

Hence the wars on behalf of Western nations etc etc!!! wink wink wink wink wink

There is a difference between real pride and fake pride and poverty takes away almost any dignity one may have!!!

Only NEGROES would be impressed with some of these "accomplishments"!! I am not impressed!!! wink

you a SLAVE with no dignity
go beg some money to diaporians LOL
nice try but I ain't from ethiopia so I could care less
Re: Ethiopia-the Birth Of Nations-the Origin Of The Green, Yellow And Red Flag! by onila(f): 1:40am On Aug 24, 2012
SmoothCrim:

Who cares if they think they are Black or not!!!grin grin grin grin

The Ethiopians I meet in real life are quiet humble nice people!
! wink wink wink

But in reality Ghanaians get along with everybody...

Only Ghanaian RULE can save Africa!!

The only nation without an inferiority complex!!

pls Ethiopians are just passive! deep down they hate black people
silent racists like their almost colonizers Italians

1 Like

Re: Ethiopia-the Birth Of Nations-the Origin Of The Green, Yellow And Red Flag! by Nayah(f): 1:42am On Aug 24, 2012
onila:

And by talking about them all the time, you'll give them opportunity to tell you they're important and superior!

1 Like

Re: Ethiopia-the Birth Of Nations-the Origin Of The Green, Yellow And Red Flag! by SmoothCrim: 1:43am On Aug 24, 2012
onila:

Well I judge by immediate behavior and not deep down!!

Deep down most Nigerians are jealous of Ghana but, in real life they beg when I'm around!! wink wink wink
Re: Ethiopia-the Birth Of Nations-the Origin Of The Green, Yellow And Red Flag! by PhysicsMHD(m): 1:44am On Aug 24, 2012
SmoothCrim:
That is why Ghana has much more detailed history written than other African countries many of whom have turned to writing lies based on oral history...

Mali probably has the most detailed precolonial written history, along with some other Islamic states in West Africa, like those in Northern Nigeria.
Re: Ethiopia-the Birth Of Nations-the Origin Of The Green, Yellow And Red Flag! by onila(f): 1:44am On Aug 24, 2012
SmoothCrim:

Your jealousy of Ghana will kill you!! Ghana acts the LEAST like slaves!!

Ethiopia and NIGERIA act more as slaves!!

Go find out the biggest aid recipients in Africa!!

grin grin grin grin grin

Nigeria is not even among top highest aids rate in Africa!
we just have a big population and thats y we have the second highest when it comes to aid recipents after south Africa being the first

Small Uganda has a higher aids rate compared to Big Nigeria
Re: Ethiopia-the Birth Of Nations-the Origin Of The Green, Yellow And Red Flag! by SmoothCrim: 1:45am On Aug 24, 2012
kengis:

you a SLAVE with no dignity
go beg some money to diaporians LOL
nice try but I ain't from ethiopia so I could care less

What are you talking about!! Is this another Nigerian inferiority complex concept you are trying to create!!!

Get off your complex man..

Only Ghanaian RULE can SAVE West Africa cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Ethiopia-the Birth Of Nations-the Origin Of The Green, Yellow And Red Flag! by Kenyaphilia: 1:45am On Aug 24, 2012
onila:

yea I really like the kenyan flag! especially the south African zulu shield. .i thot it was a south African thingy
Not really it's Kenyan..the shield is the most potent symbol for defense in many Kenyan cultures..so it symbolizes that we will be ready to die to defend our country wink

1 Like

Re: Ethiopia-the Birth Of Nations-the Origin Of The Green, Yellow And Red Flag! by SmoothCrim: 1:45am On Aug 24, 2012
onila:

Nigeria is not even among top highest aids rate in Africa!
we just have a big population and thats y we have the second highest when it comes to aid recipents after south Africa being the first

Small Uganda has a higher aids rate compared to Big Nigeria

I am talking about ECONOMIC AID NOT the disease AIDS!! wink wink wink wink
Re: Ethiopia-the Birth Of Nations-the Origin Of The Green, Yellow And Red Flag! by Nayah(f): 1:45am On Aug 24, 2012
onila:

I never insulted anyone in their group. .I cant be that dumb because if i shld insult anyone-I knew I will be kicked of the group immediately

Once they realized I was a west African. .some of them called me a nigga grin and asked me do u feel welcomed here, u monkey shocked
many also called me monkey

when I cldnt take it anymore, I insulted them back-poor pple etc
they later reported me to the admin and I got kicked out grin

this was an active Ethiopian group-over 50,000 members
Can't even believe you 've been in that kind of forum...that's why I say I can't give importance to arrogant people...
Re: Ethiopia-the Birth Of Nations-the Origin Of The Green, Yellow And Red Flag! by PhysicsMHD(m): 1:47am On Aug 24, 2012
PAGAN 9JA:

reminds me of Arab countries using flag colors of the 3 isamic caliphates : ummayads, abassids, fatimid and also the khawrij., i.e., red, black, white and green. These are the Pan-Arab colours, used by Egypt, Iraq, Syria, and Yemen, and formerly in the flags of Libya, South Yemen, and the short-lived Arab unions of the United Arab Republic, and the Federation of Arab Republics

Seems you're right:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pan-Arab_colors

There's a lot of similarity, and yet the Arabs use the colors in such a way that the flags don't really look like those of the African countries that went with pan-African colors.
Re: Ethiopia-the Birth Of Nations-the Origin Of The Green, Yellow And Red Flag! by onila(f): 1:48am On Aug 24, 2012
SmoothCrim:

I am talking about ECONOMIC AID NOT the disease AIDS!! wink wink wink wink
grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (38)

The Art And Architecture Of Yorubaland! / Traditional Eastern Ijaw Attire In Pictures / The True Extent Of Alaigbo (Igboland)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.