Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,191 members, 7,811,493 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 01:02 PM

Okukpe - My Company,a Registered Entity Different From Me,ACN Lied. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Okukpe - My Company,a Registered Entity Different From Me,ACN Lied. (887 Views)

The Unsusual Quıetness Of Abatı,okukpe And Bamanga Tukur / ACN To GEJ: Apologize For Misleading Nigerians On Anti-corruption Fight / Jonathan Is A Trainee President - ACN (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Okukpe - My Company,a Registered Entity Different From Me,ACN Lied. by IjeomaObasi: 5:58am On Aug 24, 2012
Senior Special Assistant to the President on Public Affairs, Dr. Doyin Okupe, yesterday, said his company, Value Trust Investment Limited, is a registered entity with a different identity from him as an individual.

Okupe, in a statement, said though he would soon address the issues raised in the allegations by Action Congress of Nigeria, ACN, it was imperative for Nigerians to know that the said company has other Nigerians and foreigners on its board as Directors.

Spokesman of ACN, Alhaji Lai Mohammed, had called for the resignation of Okupe for allegedly abandoning a contract awarded to his company by the Benue State Government.

A statement by Dr. Sanya Awosan, said: “Legally, Okupe is an individual with an identity separate from the corporate identities of these two companies.

“Firstly, these companies were duly registered with Corporate Affairs Commission, CAC, with the full complement of other Directors, including foreign nationals apart from Okupe.

“Legally, Okupe is an individual with an identity separate from the corporate identities of these two companies.

“The publications by ACN are full of outright falsehood and fabrications politically-motivated out of desperation by ACN.

“ACN, through Mohammed, deliberately converted purely commercial and civil transactions, guided by legal agreements containing lawful procedures for dispute resolution and redress jointly agreed to by parties concerned, into criminal accusations which is intended for political exploitations.”

“Therefore, Okupe is under a moral obligation to the Nigerian public to clear his name and set the records straight.

“He will, in a few days, address the Nigerian media and the Nigerian public with facts and figures exonerating him from any criminal culpability in the said transactions in order to expose the wicked and malicious intentions of Lai Mohammed.

“Mohammed and his cohorts have a penchant and a rabid agenda for pulling down any upcoming personality of Yoruba descent, who do not belong to their political cabal or subscribe to their political aspirations.”, which felt that their overwhelming domination of the media, which they have deployed for two years to malign and disparage the personality and programs of President Goodluck Jonathan, is about to come to an end.
http://www.vanguardngr.com/2012/08/benue-contract-my-company-different-from-me-okupe/
Re: Okukpe - My Company,a Registered Entity Different From Me,ACN Lied. by CyberG: 7:12am On Aug 24, 2012
^^ Who is the foolis.h man playing the tribe card? That does not excuse this thieving Okupe from the corruption scandal. In fact, the only reason the company could get away with the crime in the first place is because of Okupe, who used his connections to high government officials as a cover. It has nothing or little to do with foreigners or other regular people who are so called directors in the company.

1 Like

Re: Okukpe - My Company,a Registered Entity Different From Me,ACN Lied. by Rhino5dm: 7:32am On Aug 24, 2012
Doyin Okupe is a shameless crook and harden criminal of first order. The mongrel was caught pants down and still has the audacity to be spewing more bullcraps. He is expected to the do the honourable thing which in this case is to tender his resignation and quickly refund the millions he stole back to their respective states.

How low can the PDP thieves go? breeze don blow fowl yansh open and no amount of damage control can save the president from this shameless acts of appointing a crook as his image maker. Attack dog indeed.
Re: Okukpe - My Company,a Registered Entity Different From Me,ACN Lied. by sheyguy: 7:55am On Aug 24, 2012
If we allow PDP to continue like this, one day GEJ himself will come out boldly to declare that he broke a Gentleman's agreement in PDP and not the Nigerian constitution and so BH's is no biggie . . .
As for Okupe i wouldn't be too surprise if he claims it was the Manager of his company who stole the said money to meet targets. BTW i wonder if that company has any Minutes of Meeting where the foreign Okupes were present.
Re: Okukpe - My Company,a Registered Entity Different From Me,ACN Lied. by Pukkah: 8:11am On Aug 24, 2012
Ijeoma Obasi:
A statement by Dr. Sanya Awosan, said: “Legally, Okupe is an individual with an identity separate from the corporate identities of these two companies.

“Firstly, these companies were duly registered with Corporate Affairs Commission, CAC, with the full complement of other Directors, including foreign nationals apart from Okupe.

What's this man talking about? Yes, we know that companies are artificial beings as held in the case of Salomon V Salomon. However, he should also know that the veil of incorporation can be lifted or pierced in certain cases. If all company-related matters involving fraud and embezzlement were swept under the 'entity concept' then many fraudulent directors would go scot free.

Mr Sanya Awosan, the Assistant to the Special Assistant Okupe, should desist from hiding under the banner of tribalism or politics and respond to the issues raised. Is he not ashamed to say that he would soon address the issues? Is this case a fresh one? How many years does he or his principal need to prepare a defence?

Does President Jonathan really need a man with this kind of moral baggage as his image maker and mouth piece? What message does this pass across to Nigerians - young and old? What message does this pass to international observers? Is Okupe the only one that can do this needless job? Why retain an employee whose past is blemished with controversy and unresolved scandals?

Is this 'attack-dog lion' job really necessary especially in an environment where questions are asked about the value that each and every government official is adding? Who are the people he's supposed to be attacking? Nigerians?

What's the difference between this man's job and Reuben Abati's? How much is the office of Senior Special Assistant to the President on Public Affairs costing Nigeria? What is the total annual recurrent expenditure on the propaganda machine of the government?

2 Likes

Re: Okukpe - My Company,a Registered Entity Different From Me,ACN Lied. by Rhino5dm: 8:23am On Aug 24, 2012
Pukkah:

What's this man talking about? Yes, we know that companies are artificial beings as held in the case of Salomon V Salomon. However, he should also know that the veil of incorporation can be lifted or pierced in certain cases. If all company-related matters involving fraud and embezzlement were swept under the 'entity concept' then many fraudulent directors would go scot free.

Mr Sanya Awosan, the Assistant to the Special Assistant Okupe, should desist from hiding under the banner of tribalism or politics and respond to the issues raised. Is he not ashamed to say that he would soon address the issues? Is this case a fresh one? How many years does he or his principal need to prepare a defence?

Does President Jonathan really need a man with this kind of moral baggage as his image maker and mouth piece? What message does this pass across to Nigerians - young and old? What message does this pass to international observers? Is Okupe the only one that can do this needless job? Why retain an employee whose past is blemished with controversy and unresolved scandals?

Is this 'attack-dog lion' job really necessary especially in an environment where questions are asked about the value that each and every government official is adding? Who are the people he's supposed to be attacking? Nigerians?

What's the difference between this man's job and Reuben Abati's? How much is the office of Senior Special Assistant to the President on Public Affairs costing Nigeria? What is the total annual recurrent expenditure on the propaganda machine of the government?

Well said.

Bro, don't expect answers from these crooks. Even the 40 lapdogs went AWOL.
Re: Okukpe - My Company,a Registered Entity Different From Me,ACN Lied. by VoodooDoll(m): 8:23am On Aug 24, 2012
The Petrol Subsidy thieves stole via their companies not personally. But we all know it was personal wealth and accounts that got fatter.

Okupe should go back to sleep and stop insulting himself.
Re: Okukpe - My Company,a Registered Entity Different From Me,ACN Lied. by Rhino5dm: 8:34am On Aug 24, 2012
Even Facrook Lawan is now claiming that his hands collected the bribes and not him shocked

The PDP thieves have taking us to the circus to be amuse by clowns. Shameless pack of criminals.

VoodooDoll: The Petrol Subsidy thieves stole via their companies not personally. But we all know it was personal wealth and accounts that got fatter.

Okupe should go back to sleep and stop insulting himself.

1 Like

Re: Okukpe - My Company,a Registered Entity Different From Me,ACN Lied. by Biggyd2: 8:50am On Aug 24, 2012
Yes, SOON, the attack chihuahua will address the issue with his RABID rants. When the veil is lifted then we shall all see the fowl's rump. I am sure you will like that very much! Of course you will need a very good lawyer to share from the armed robber's salary that you are paid for doing such a despicable agbepo job.

(1) (Reply)

Why Is ACN Lossing In Recent Times? / “we Now Have Area Boys, Yahoo Boys And Blackberry Boys” – OBJ Warns GEJ / Tinubu Is Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.