Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,031 members, 7,818,045 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:53 AM

SA, Kenya And Other Forum. Why The Low Turn Out? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / SA, Kenya And Other Forum. Why The Low Turn Out? (2461 Views)

Mr. Rotimi Embarrassed With Low Turn Out Of Etche / Irregularities And Low Turn Out Of Voters Mar Imo Rerun Election / PDP Rally: Low Turn Out In Ogun (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

SA, Kenya And Other Forum. Why The Low Turn Out? by Nobody: 7:55am On Aug 24, 2012
i have noticed that the SA, Kenyan, somali and ghanian online forums i have been to do not have so many people on it at least not like we have here in nairaland. I wonder why it is so. Is it that online forum awareness is low in these countries? Or that the people of these countries are not too aware of their politics, culture and environment? Or what is it really why the SAs, kenyans, ghanaians etc hardly go online to discuss?
Re: SA, Kenya And Other Forum. Why The Low Turn Out? by SamMilla1(m): 8:55am On Aug 24, 2012
You can open saland.com or keland.com. You might be lucky.
Re: SA, Kenya And Other Forum. Why The Low Turn Out? by dasparrow: 9:08am On Aug 24, 2012
souldust: i have noticed that the SA, Kenyan, somali and ghanian online forums i have been to do not have so many people on it at least not like we have here in nairaland. I wonder why it is so. Is it that online forum awareness is low in these countries? Or that the people of these countries are not too aware of their politics, culture and environment? Or what is it really why the SAs, kenyans, ghanaians etc hardly go online to discuss?

@bolded

Shouldn't you be asking the SA, Kenyans and ghanians directly when you visit their forums about their low turn out on their online forums? How are we Nigerians suppose to know? We ain't in their mind. Maybe the turn out on their respective online forums is low because some of them are here on nairaland being obnoxious trolls. Who knows? Abeg let's worry about more important things.

1 Like

Re: SA, Kenya And Other Forum. Why The Low Turn Out? by PaulJohn1: 9:34am On Aug 24, 2012
grin grin grin. OP you're funny, who won compete with Naija?! 180million people, to Ghana who's not more than 25mill, SA not up to 60 million.
Combine all these countries together, their population no reach Nigerias own grin grin
Re: SA, Kenya And Other Forum. Why The Low Turn Out? by Nobody: 9:53am On Aug 24, 2012
Paul John: grin grin grin. OP you're funny, who won compete with Naija?! 180million people, to Ghana who's not more than 25mill, SA not up to 60 million.
Combine all these countries together, their population no reach Nigerias own grin grin
this has got nothing to do with population. I am not saying all of their people should be on their forum but at least like we find here, some people have to be aware and concerned about their society.

If you go there, you will come to notice that topics that have spent months are what you will find in their front pages. And the reply are always very few.
Re: SA, Kenya And Other Forum. Why The Low Turn Out? by pat077: 9:59am On Aug 24, 2012
Don't u think idleness is also anoda reason why we have more Nigerians on online forum and social networkin site?
Re: SA, Kenya And Other Forum. Why The Low Turn Out? by Nobody: 10:53am On Aug 24, 2012
pat077: Don't u think idleness is also anoda reason why we have more Nigerians on online forum and social networkin site?
i do not think so. If anyone is idle, he cannot afford the internet.
Re: SA, Kenya And Other Forum. Why The Low Turn Out? by Nobody: 10:58am On Aug 24, 2012
@OP, in the absence of any proof that supports your assertion here how is one suppose to form an objective opinion?
Re: SA, Kenya And Other Forum. Why The Low Turn Out? by Nobody: 11:10am On Aug 24, 2012
eGuerrilla: @OP, in the absence of any proof that supports your assertion here how is one suppose to form an objective opinion?

visit their forums and compare
Re: SA, Kenya And Other Forum. Why The Low Turn Out? by Afam4eva(m): 11:21am On Aug 24, 2012
@OP
Although i know that no forum in Africa can be as busy as Nairaland but i think you're going to the wrong forums. You have to look for the biggest forum in those countries just like Nairaland. You probably found the small forums.
Re: SA, Kenya And Other Forum. Why The Low Turn Out? by Nobody: 12:19pm On Aug 24, 2012
afam4eva: @OP
Although i know that no forum in Africa can be as busy as Nairaland but i think you're going to the wrong forums. You have to look for the biggest forum in those countries just like Nairaland. You probably found the small forums.
pls give those sites here. I have been wanting to visit those sites so as to listen to other people from other backgrounds. This is going to improve my out look of life and be a better person.
Re: SA, Kenya And Other Forum. Why The Low Turn Out? by pat077: 12:34pm On Aug 24, 2012
souldust: i do not think so. If anyone is idle, he cannot afford the internet.
and what student and d unemployed dats always on 2go and facebook?
Re: SA, Kenya And Other Forum. Why The Low Turn Out? by ariy(m): 12:47pm On Aug 24, 2012
do you know that there are many other forum sites in nigeria but nairaland.com is outstanding
Re: SA, Kenya And Other Forum. Why The Low Turn Out? by Nobody: 2:18pm On Aug 24, 2012
pat077: and what student and d unemployed dats always on 2go and facebook?
students arent idle at least not all. And what about thier own unemployed, what are they doing?
Re: SA, Kenya And Other Forum. Why The Low Turn Out? by solbil: 11:07am On Aug 25, 2012
pls give their forum sites here have noticed the same thing too. Pls give us more of their sites. The most widely visited.
Re: SA, Kenya And Other Forum. Why The Low Turn Out? by Nobody: 6:57pm On Sep 18, 2012
solbil: pls give their forum sites here have noticed the same thing too. Pls give us more of their sites. The most widely visited.
Kenyans do not have a forum culture.Kenyans are twitter freaks.However,there are forums like
Mashada Forums.If you think Nigerians have political mudslinging.Meet the Kenyans.They have invented a whole new language here.
Wazua Forums.One of Africa's oldest forums.It focuses on investment but things get controversial sometimes.
Kenyalist.
Re: SA, Kenya And Other Forum. Why The Low Turn Out? by pendo89(f): 7:28pm On Sep 18, 2012
Once you have tasted Nairaland you tend to find other forums very slow and extremely boring.That is my dilemma.
I tried Ghana and left before I even posted anything!Only my username is there.
I love Nairaland so much because there is a lot of online activity.Very vibrant.It got into my blood to the extent that I have to come here all the time to catch up with the latest even if I don't comment.
I think Kenyans lack a forum culture but trust me they can talk till morning.I on the other hand hate twitter.So I prefer Nairaland cz our forums are slow.
Re: SA, Kenya And Other Forum. Why The Low Turn Out? by nzogbia: 12:59am On Nov 18, 2012
You guyz are worrying about the wrong thing.Nigeria is dying because more than half of the entire population(of nig from a certain region)have failed to educate themselves and are therefore crippling the efforts of the south.That's why people will tell you more than 70 out of 100 nigerians live below the poverty line despite our claim to be industrious.Outsiders wont understand that the north is the clog in the wheel of our progress.
JUST IMAGINE A NORTH LIKE THE SOUTH
Re: SA, Kenya And Other Forum. Why The Low Turn Out? by Horus(m): 3:49am On Nov 18, 2012
GERALD710:
Kenyans do not have a forum culture.Kenyans are twitter freaks.However,there are forums like
Mashada Forums.If you think Nigerians have political mudslinging.Meet the Kenyans.They have invented a whole new language here.
Wazua Forums.One of Africa's oldest forums.It focuses on investment but things get controversial sometimes.
Kenyalist.

Do you know any South African forum?

(1) (Reply)

Buhari Is Boko Haram’s Major Sponsor - Okupe / Jonathan Is APGA’s Presidential Candidate – Governor Obi / Osun State Elections: One Dead, One Dying In Pre-election Violence(live Report)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.