Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,348 members, 7,812,000 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 05:54 AM

Osun State Elections: One Dead, One Dying In Pre-election Violence(live Report) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Osun State Elections: One Dead, One Dying In Pre-election Violence(live Report) (2458 Views)

2015 Elections, One Of The Most Rigged In Nigeria / How Rufus Akeju Coordinated The Rigging Of Oyo State Elections / Breaking News Inec Declares Imo State Elections Inconclusive (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Osun State Elections: One Dead, One Dying In Pre-election Violence(live Report) by elfaez(m): 4:18pm On Aug 07, 2014
A clash between supporters of the incumbent governor and APC candidate, Ogbeni Rauf Aregbesola, and those loyal to the candidate of the PDP, Iyiola Omisore, in Ejigbo LGA, has resulted in the death of one person- a pregnant woman. Another victim has been reported to have been wounded, and possibly fatally, with a slash to the neck with a (cutlass?).

More casualties are possible with the unrest still ongoing. More updates to follow...

1 Like

Re: Osun State Elections: One Dead, One Dying In Pre-election Violence(live Report) by akoraye(m): 4:22pm On Aug 07, 2014
Where? update quick! thanks!
Re: Osun State Elections: One Dead, One Dying In Pre-election Violence(live Report) by Abok1(m): 4:24pm On Aug 07, 2014
Any verifiable source for this?
Re: Osun State Elections: One Dead, One Dying In Pre-election Violence(live Report) by elfaez(m): 4:30pm On Aug 07, 2014
Oh. Change of subject: one dead many dying..
And for those who are expecting a powerful source of information like a newspaper, you'll have to wait till tomorrow for that. But those who want live updates from the radius of occurrences, I'm your guy

1 Like

Re: Osun State Elections: One Dead, One Dying In Pre-election Violence(live Report) by elfaez(m): 4:34pm On Aug 07, 2014
Sorry for omitting the site of incident(s). It's Ejigbo. Area ;town central

1 Like

Re: Osun State Elections: One Dead, One Dying In Pre-election Violence(live Report) by Caseless: 4:40pm On Aug 07, 2014
Hmmm...osun pple will not fold their hands and watch happen in ekiti happen to them. They don't want to change something that's working. Pdp should call their thugs to order pls.

3 Likes

Re: Osun State Elections: One Dead, One Dying In Pre-election Violence(live Report) by Descartes: 4:41pm On Aug 07, 2014
South West engaging in electoral violence since 500 BC lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

5 Likes

Re: Osun State Elections: One Dead, One Dying In Pre-election Violence(live Report) by Descartes: 4:42pm On Aug 07, 2014
lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Osun State Elections: One Dead, One Dying In Pre-election Violence(live Report) by elfaez(m): 4:52pm On Aug 07, 2014
Now, the fracas began when the supporters of Iyiola Omisore, who were dancing around town peacefully, were given a surprise attack by supporters of the APC. The scuffle quickly yielded its first casualty. A pregnant woman among the PDP supporters was attacked, and she died immediately. This fired up the PDP supporters, who resorted to area to area attacks in response. Both sides armed with 'juju' rings and charm wips called 'onde', many victims are struck and left to die. The security personels simply watch on.

8 Likes

Re: Osun State Elections: One Dead, One Dying In Pre-election Violence(live Report) by datbay(m): 4:53pm On Aug 07, 2014
killing yourselves for politicians who don't even care for you.SMH

1 Like

Re: Osun State Elections: One Dead, One Dying In Pre-election Violence(live Report) by elfaez(m): 5:27pm On Aug 07, 2014
As it is now. Calm has been restored. In fact, if you passed through Ejigbo now, you would wonder if anything happened at all. The reported death toll still stands at one, with the condition of the other seriously wounded person unknown.
Re: Osun State Elections: One Dead, One Dying In Pre-election Violence(live Report) by Nobody: 5:30pm On Aug 07, 2014
AREGBE's STATE THUGS IN ACTION .

7 Likes

Re: Osun State Elections: One Dead, One Dying In Pre-election Violence(live Report) by tit(f): 5:36pm On Aug 07, 2014
Aregbesola supporters that killed Bola Ige have just killed an innocent pregnant muslim woman.

10 Likes

Re: Osun State Elections: One Dead, One Dying In Pre-election Violence(live Report) by Donmarrius: 5:41pm On Aug 07, 2014
Please,does this in anyway or manner,potray the sophistication,which our SW brothers 'arrogantly arrogate' to themselves?.

I had thought sophistication has every look,texture,and colour of 'gross enlightenment',on every sphere of humanity,scholarly dispositions,attitudinal dexterity,quality of character,quintessential socio-political behaviourism,and every touch and attribute of positivity.

I am being forced to demand the meaning of "Sophistication",from our SW neighbours,failure to provide it,and of course,matching it,with the realities of socio-political,and to an extent,religious barbarism,as being witnessed there,which is at its "crescendo",will be tantamount to gross mental ineptitude of the people of the Sw,and hence,would kindly suggest that they,drop that word henceforth,from their mouth,and ethnic glossry,or face serious legal litigation,from Nigerians.

I aslo wish to ask Nairalanders,if such word,"Sophistication",has its semblance,in Yorubaland,in the light and manner they go about issues,esp.political issues(almost the same way as north),unlike their light bearer neighbours across the niger!.

4 Likes

Re: Osun State Elections: One Dead, One Dying In Pre-election Violence(live Report) by Kundagarten: 5:47pm On Aug 07, 2014
APC on killing spree as usual.

6 Likes

Re: Osun State Elections: One Dead, One Dying In Pre-election Violence(live Report) by tpia1: 5:49pm On Aug 07, 2014
Light bearer means lucifer though.

Was that intentional?

1 Like

Re: Osun State Elections: One Dead, One Dying In Pre-election Violence(live Report) by ibrahym47(m): 5:52pm On Aug 07, 2014
Descartes: South West engaging in electoral violence since 500 BC lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
iwo Omo baba oloti yi again

1 Like

Re: Osun State Elections: One Dead, One Dying In Pre-election Violence(live Report) by PenSniper: 6:08pm On Aug 07, 2014
Donmarrius: Please,does this in anyway or manner,potray the sophistication,which our SW brothers 'arrogantly arrogate' to themselves?.

I had thought sophistication has every look,texture,and colour of 'gross enlightenment',on every sphere of humanity,scholarly dispositions,attitudinal dexterity,quality of character,quintessential socio-political behaviourism,and every touch and attribute of positivity.

I am being forced to demand the meaning of "Sophistication",from our SW neighbours,failure to provide it,and of course,matching it,with the realities of socio-political,and to an extent,religious barbarism,as being witnessed there,which is at its "crescendo",will be tantamount to gross mental ineptitude of the people of the Sw,and hence,would kindly suggest that they,drop that word henceforth,from their mouth,and ethnic glossry,or face serious legal litigation,from Nigerians.

I aslo wish to ask Nairalanders,if such word,"Sophistication",has its semblance,in Yorubaland,in the light and manner they go about issues,esp.political issues(almost the same way as north),unlike their light bearer neighbours across the niger!.

Yaba left escapee on the loose again. Tranquilizer needed fast !!!

3 Likes

Re: Osun State Elections: One Dead, One Dying In Pre-election Violence(live Report) by whyman(m): 6:11pm On Aug 07, 2014
No fracas in Ejigbo. Those who expect trouble in our peaceful state would be greatly disappointed. Iroyin Eleje
Re: Osun State Elections: One Dead, One Dying In Pre-election Violence(live Report) by elfaez(m): 6:14pm On Aug 07, 2014
whyman: No fracas in Ejigbo. Those who expect trouble in our peaceful state would be greatly disappointed. Iroyin Eleje
Can you please affirm your presence in the town, and what area you're in?
It is worrying to see people attempt to discredit anything opposing them.
Re: Osun State Elections: One Dead, One Dying In Pre-election Violence(live Report) by argon500: 6:19pm On Aug 07, 2014
Is this eye witness news?
Re: Osun State Elections: One Dead, One Dying In Pre-election Violence(live Report) by elfaez(m): 6:21pm On Aug 07, 2014
argon500: Is this eye witness news?
Yea
Re: Osun State Elections: One Dead, One Dying In Pre-election Violence(live Report) by ola6: 6:23pm On Aug 07, 2014
Can people see APC for who they are?! They are everything but progressive and democratic. Thought experiment, imagine APC as the party in charge of Abuja. What will happen to opposition?

God forbid APC in Lagos or Abuja.

PDP lagos 2015. GEJ till 2019! Whether Tinubu ole, Akande and Aregbesola like it or not!!!

Very violent bunch.

3 Likes

Re: Osun State Elections: One Dead, One Dying In Pre-election Violence(live Report) by elfaez(m): 6:25pm On Aug 07, 2014
argon500: Is this eye witness news?
Yea. Wouldn't use the word 'eyewitness' to describe my position though, cos I had to stay indoors. Else I'll end up like a guy who's been beaten up for saying something wrong, a single clause actually
Re: Osun State Elections: One Dead, One Dying In Pre-election Violence(live Report) by argon500: 6:25pm On Aug 07, 2014
Good one.. We need more update

elfaez:
Yea
Re: Osun State Elections: One Dead, One Dying In Pre-election Violence(live Report) by Donmarrius: 6:26pm On Aug 07, 2014
PenSniper:

Yaba left escapee on the loose again. Tranquilizer needed fast !!!

Search your conscience,am i what you said? NO!.

I raised salient point,that required a well-thought-out answer,but all you could do,is to open your moribund buccal cavity,and spew trash.

I don't like engaging noobs,talk more of throwing verbal acids.

Do yourself and your ilks a good,CONCRETELY disaprove my point,and prove to me how sophisticated you people are,in the light of the unpalatable and unsophisticated socio-political foregoings,in the SW.

1 Like

Re: Osun State Elections: One Dead, One Dying In Pre-election Violence(live Report) by ola6: 6:27pm On Aug 07, 2014
caseless: Hmmm...osun pple will not fold their hands and watch happen in ekiti happen to them. They don't want to change something that's working. Pdp should call their thugs to order pls.

Are you blind?

2 Likes

Re: Osun State Elections: One Dead, One Dying In Pre-election Violence(live Report) by Caseless: 6:31pm On Aug 07, 2014
ola6:

Are you blind?
no! U are.

1 Like

Re: Osun State Elections: One Dead, One Dying In Pre-election Violence(live Report) by argon500: 6:51pm On Aug 07, 2014
funny you.. Please keep your head low

elfaez:
Yea. Wouldn't use the word 'eyewitness' to describe my position though, cos I had to stay indoors. Else I'll end up like a guy who's been beaten up for saying something wrong, a single clause actually
Re: Osun State Elections: One Dead, One Dying In Pre-election Violence(live Report) by Seyilome(m): 6:58pm On Aug 07, 2014
pix

Re: Osun State Elections: One Dead, One Dying In Pre-election Violence(live Report) by elfaez(m): 7:03pm On Aug 07, 2014
Donmarrius: Please,does this in anyway or manner,potray the sophistication,which our SW brothers 'arrogantly arrogate' to themselves?.

I do not quite understand your idea(s) of sophistication as proposed in your arguments. But from what I can deduce, you have a seriously 'tribalised' view of the Yorubas - your brothers to the southwest. Making blanket attacks on a tribe as compound as the Yorubas isn't advisable for any analyst of social and mental states. But know this, the yoruba people are a people more humane than any other in the ex-colony of the British known as Nigeria. Sure there are those who are nothing short of senseless and barbaric, but they are so few any case of cruelty makes front pages. The yoruba people are actually very much hospitable, amiable sensible and sensitive, and very much sophisticated. But they seem to take little pride in being all over the place, so those who do are widely popular, unlike tribes where everyone is the same attention seeker.
Re: Osun State Elections: One Dead, One Dying In Pre-election Violence(live Report) by elfaez(m): 7:05pm On Aug 07, 2014
Seyilome: pix
Now, someone said something about nothing happening...

(1) (2) (Reply)

IBB Threatens To Expose Buhari’s Corruption / What If General Buhari Is Disqualified By INEC ? / PDP's Reaction To Yam Farmers Contributing N5bn To Buhari's Campaign.[photo]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.