Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,616 members, 7,816,534 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:46 PM

How Good Are Inverters ? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How Good Are Inverters ? (1230 Views)

Nigeria Is Not Good; Are Nigerians Good? / Buy And Install Your Solar Panels/inverters/ Batteries Etc In Phc...view Pics! / Promo! Promo!! Promo!!! Solar Panels/inverters In Port Harcourt....pics (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Good Are Inverters ? by funloving(m): 2:11pm On Dec 30, 2007
I am thinking of implementing an uninterruptible power supply system in my apartment using "Inverter"

Is there anybody here who is actually using this gadget to guarantee uninterruptible power supply for home use?
How technically and cost effective is it?

Please if you have a true tale of success using the inverter, let me know and send me info on how I can implement same in my home

Thanks
Re: How Good Are Inverters ? by Afam(m): 6:38pm On Dec 30, 2007
See www.justalternativepower.com

Read the articles on the site and contact some of the satisfied clients yourself.

Never believe anything a service provider tells you until you can independently confirm and in the area of inverter backup solutions remember that the unit will be working all the time so reliability and safety must be guaranteed.

There is usually a thin line between an inverter system and a potential fire hazard in your home.

We have a lot of bad experiences out there but in reality people are using inverter backup solutions without problems.

Honesty on the part of the end user and service provider will ensure you get what you want.

Good luck.
Re: How Good Are Inverters ? by babasin(m): 9:58pm On Dec 30, 2007
of what use is the inverter if you have NEPA ONLY 2hours in a week.
Re: How Good Are Inverters ? by Truthman(m): 10:01am On Dec 31, 2007
Hi all,
The inverter technology is one i recommend to all who can afford it. I installed the 1.4KVA (Sukam inverter) in my house in October and so far it has been performing well. The type is capable of providing 8 hrs of uninterrupted power supply if it is fully charged and goes for about 225k with the energy saving bulbs you will have to buy.
Cheers
Re: How Good Are Inverters ? by otokx(m): 10:05am On Dec 31, 2007
Did you say 225k?
Re: How Good Are Inverters ? by Truthman(m): 10:07am On Dec 31, 2007
Yes 225k
Re: How Good Are Inverters ? by otokx(m): 10:18am On Dec 31, 2007
Interesting.
Re: How Good Are Inverters ? by oldie(m): 10:43am On Dec 31, 2007
Can the Mod move this topic to the appropriate section! angry
Re: How Good Are Inverters ? by babasin(m): 11:15am On Dec 31, 2007
The type is capable of providing 8 hrs of uninterrupted power supply if it is fully charged

and of what use is the inverter if you have NEPA ONLY 2hours in a week.
Re: How Good Are Inverters ? by funloving(m): 1:12pm On Dec 31, 2007
Afam:

See www.justalternativepower.com

Read the articles on the site and contact some of the satisfied clients yourself.

Never believe anything a service provider tells you until you can independently confirm and in the area of inverter backup solutions remember that the unit will be working all the time so reliability and safety must be guaranteed.

There is usually a thin line between an inverter system and a potential fire hazard in your home.

We have a lot of bad experiences out there but in reality people are using inverter backup solutions without problems.

Honesty on the part of the end user and service provider will ensure you get what you want.

Good luck.

Thanks Afam. I will be taking a critical look at your website and if satisfied could be in touch.

Truthman:

Hi all,
The inverter technology is one i recommend to all who can afford it. I installed the 1.4KVA (Sukam inverter) in my house in October and so far it has been performing well. The type is capable of providing 8 hrs of uninterrupted power supply if it is fully charged and goes for about 225k with the energy saving bulbs you will have to buy.
Cheers

Please Truthman can you supply with contact details for the Sukam Inverter in Lagos. Thanks

babasin:

and of what use is the inverter if you have NEPA ONLY 2hours in a week.

I am sure of at least 8 hours electricity per day with generator and NEPA. That should be okay to charge any good inverter, I would suppose.
Re: How Good Are Inverters ? by Truthman(m): 1:57pm On Dec 31, 2007
babasin:

of what use is the inverter if you have NEPA ONLY 2hours in a week.

NEPA is very erratic in my area. I spend 30k buying diesel on a monthly basis and with thr inverter, it has reduced to about 10k a month.

@funloving
I reside in port harcourt, I will ask their agent here in PHC if he has any one in Lagos. It is important that you get the right person. I suggest you invite the whoever will do the job to your house to look at the electrical wiring and then he would be able to advise on how tp do the installation.

Happy New Year
Re: How Good Are Inverters ? by babasin(m): 2:30pm On Dec 31, 2007
NEPA is very erratic in my area

what does erractic means?

I have given you the situation; NEPA only available 2hours in a week.

how many hours needed to charge the inverter batteries?

I spend 30k buying diesel on a monthly basis and with thr inverter, it has reduced to about 10k a month.

what appliances are you using?

I have 8 AC, 1 dishwasher, 1 washing machine, electric cooker, ironing done every Saturday & electric law mower to power.
Re: How Good Are Inverters ? by Truthman(m): 3:41pm On Dec 31, 2007
@babasin
erratic means it is unpredictable. With your situation, I guess you will have to charge the batteries with generator. Also maybe u need something bigger than 1.4kva. I live in a three bedroom apartment with 3 tvs, 5 fans 2 decoders and up 12 energy saving bulbs. I do not use ACs, heaters,washing machine etc when the inverter is on.
Moreover, the less load you put on the inverter, the longer it lasts (My wife and I decided to put about 20% load on the inverter and it lasted for like 15hrs before recharging).
You will need about 8 hrs for it to be fully charged.
Re: How Good Are Inverters ? by Truthman(m): 3:43pm On Dec 31, 2007
@babasin
erratic means it is unpredictable. With your situation, I guess you will have to charge the batteries with a generator. Also maybe u need something bigger than 1.4kva. I live in a three bedroom apartment with 3 tvs, 5 fans 2 decoders and up 12 energy saving bulbs. I do not use ACs, heaters,washing machine etc when the inverter is on.
Moreover, the less load you put on the inverter, the longer it lasts  (My wife and I decided to put about 20% load on the inverter and it lasted for like 15hrs before recharging).
Re: How Good Are Inverters ? by babasin(m): 4:08pm On Dec 31, 2007
Truthman:

@babasin
erratic means it is unpredictable. With your situation, I guess you will have to charge the batteries with a generator. Also maybe u need something bigger than 1.4kva. I live in a three bedroom apartment with 3 tvs, 5 fans 2 decoders and up 12 energy saving bulbs. I do not use ACs, heaters,washing machine etc when the inverter is on.
Moreover, the less load you put on the inverter, the longer it lasts (My wife and I decided to put about 20% load on the inverter and it lasted for like 15hrs before recharging).

thanks. its clear to me now.
Re: How Good Are Inverters ? by saleskara: 2:10pm On May 26, 2013
Inverters work well when PHCN fails you. Though you would require to charge you battery with electricity supply or a generator or solar panels http://www.kara.com.ng/generators/ when they run down. for more on inverters and pricing that we have to offer http://www.kara.com.ng/inverter-system/

(1) (Reply)

Where Is The Garden Of Eden Now? / Global Recession And Africa / Nigeria And Scottish Currency

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.