Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,210 members, 7,846,012 topics. Date: Friday, 31 May 2024 at 09:20 AM

What Do You Believe A True Christian Is - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Do You Believe A True Christian Is (881 Views)

How did the White get the Black to believe A White Will Fly Down To Save Him? / When A Born Again Christian Is Sex Starved / A Born Again Christian Is Not A Sinner (even If He Sins) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Do You Believe A True Christian Is by Nobody: 11:16am On Aug 24, 2012
"Christ" is the root of the term "Christ-ian". One cannot be a Christian if one does not know Jesus Christ personally; having accepted Him as their Lord and Savior.

But how does one tell if someone is a Christian? Is it by their clothes? Or their speech? Or their actions or facial expression? Or perhaps even-by their own confession?

No. For these things can deceive all but the most spiritually-grounded mature Christians. Clothes are superficial; anyone can wear anything to make the impression they want to make upon others. Likewise, people can say anything: Jesus told the Pharisees that it is not what goes INTO a man that defiles him-it is what comes OUT of a man: through his tongue! Our tongue is either the gateway to truth-or the gateway to lies. We choose-and we can blame no one but ourselves for what comes out of our mouths.

What about actions or facial expressions? Does doing good deeds for others make someone a Christian? No. For the world is full of hypocrites and deceivers who will seduce you by seeming to be your friendby showing you kindnesses, all the while shouting from the rooftops that they are a Christian. They will gain your trust-then betray you when they believe they have won you over. And those facial expressions? Those can be both practiced and controlled to present to the world exactly what they want us to see-which will benefit us the most: like "the mask of the moment".

How, then, can you really tell if someone is a true Christian?

When a true Christian comes into your life, you will know it. You will both see and feel the Love of God emanating from them like a Holy aurora-borealis: that is the Holy Spirit. Have you ever met someone who was so gentle and good; so precious, that it seemed like they were not even of this Earth? You couldn't quite put your finger on it-but you knew there was something different about them? And you wanted to be near them more-just to feel that warm glow of love that you felt radiating from within them?

Then you have met a true Christian: one who walks so close with God that God's perfect love spills over from them onto all they meet. It can be no other way. Jesus is called "The Living Water". Why? It is because His love so fills the heart of a true Christian that it actually cannot be contained by that heart: it must spill over onto others. That was the plan from the beginning. It feels wonderful! Unlike any other feeling in this world!

And then there is the eyes of a true Christian: when you look into them-you will see the love of God. It will be as though you are looking into eternity in Heaven. There is nothing else like it on this Earth.

A true Christian does not even have to TELL people that they are a true Christian: it is evident in their lives. They are humble, and have a servant's heart. They love-and do not begrudge or hate: seeking revenge. Rather-they forgive; again and again-just as Jesus does.

Yes; when you meet a true Christian-the part of God that He placed within you before you were born will instantly recognize and be drawn to that love that it sees in that special person. No one will have to tell you.

http://www.helium.com/items/2109553-a-true-christian

1 Like

Re: What Do You Believe A True Christian Is by Goshen360(m): 10:19pm On Aug 24, 2012
Moreso, a true Christian LIVES as the LIVING EPISTLE WHICH IS READ BY ALL MEN.
Re: What Do You Believe A True Christian Is by ijawkid(m): 10:31pm On Aug 24, 2012
A true christian is one who follows Christ's foot steps closely and never act out of his or her own initiative.....

Just as Christ didn't act according to his own originality but followed every of his Fathers principles and instructions so also a christian shuld follow Christs words and imitate Him.....

1 Like

Re: What Do You Believe A True Christian Is by mikeeze(m): 11:27pm On Aug 24, 2012
ijawkid: A true christian is one who follows Christ's foot steps closely and never act out of his or her own initiative.....

Just as Christ didn't act according to his own originality but followed every of his Fathers principles and instructions so also a christian shuld follow Christs words and imitate Him.....
in otherwords,one who lives a selfless live.i like that .A true christian is one who makes the value system of the kingdom of God his own value system

1 Like

Re: What Do You Believe A True Christian Is by Joagbaje(m): 3:59am On Aug 25, 2012
You know a christian by his love for Christ and by his confession of faith . Anyone who believe in Jesus as son of God is born of God.

1 John 5:1
1 Whosoever believeth that Jesus is the Christ is born of God: and every one that loveth him that begat loveth him also that is begotten of him.
Re: What Do You Believe A True Christian Is by Nobody: 9:24am On Aug 25, 2012
Mr_Anony:
wow! did anyone else see what I saw?

I sure as heck did, bro. A Christian never tries to act like one. It's instinctive for him to act like one. Difficulty comes in when he tries to be something. cheesy Awesome, innit?
Re: What Do You Believe A True Christian Is by MrAnony1(m): 10:04am On Aug 25, 2012
Ihedinobi:

I sure as heck did, bro. A Christian never tries to act like one. It's instinctive for him to act like one. Difficulty comes in when he tries to be something. cheesy Awesome, innit?
I knew you would spot it.

The non-christian sees the life of Christ as one he cannot attain, it even puzzles him more when he learns that it is a gift and he cannot and need not "attain" it. Rather than accepting the gift, he attacks it. He is filled with envy and hatred for those that possess it. Kinda reminds me of the story of Joseph and his brothers.

I am not surprised, the Master told us not to worry when the world hates us, the world hated him first.

C.S. Lewis said something along these lines: The root of sin is pride: "Why God and not me!" The more I encounter those who are against God, the more I see it.

As you once told me: it is the spirit of the anti-christ that hates Christ because it would rather that it stood in the place of Christ.

1 Like

Re: What Do You Believe A True Christian Is by Nobody: 10:48am On Aug 25, 2012
Mr_Anony:

The non-christian sees the life of Christ as one he cannot attain, it even puzzles him more when he learns that it is a gift and he cannot and need not "attain" it. Rather than accepting the gift, he attacks it. He is filled with envy and hatred for those that possess it. Kinda reminds me of the story of Joseph and his brothers.

I am not surprised, the Master told us not to worry when the world hates us, the world hated him first.

C.S. Lewis said something along these lines: The root of sin is pride: "Why God and not me!" The more I encounter those who are against God, the more I see it.

As you once told me: it is the spirit of the anti-christ that hates Christ because it would rather that it stood in the place of Christ.

My God! How you speak my words as yours. I can't stop reveling in this heart-connection. You are so right, my brother. Ezekiel 28 is the history of pride. Why does Jesus say that Satan from the beginning was a murderer? He called him a thief and a liar too. He wants the place of Christ. I want so much to open that secret up and use it to explain the Christian's relationship to the world. I also want to use it to open up how there is no sin but that which supplants Christ, even errors in the Church are readily identifiable when that which supplants Christ is understood as to its nature.

There is so much in knowing God's Christ. It's immense, staggering and the meaning of Eternity. I'm much disappointed in the meagreness of words when I speak of Him, but I rejoice that they, at the least, aid us at all.

You remember the conversation we had about angels? There's a link between that and Satan's envy of Christ. You must know that Satan was not after replacing God, he was after becoming like God and receive worship on an equal basis with Him. Can you see the connection between this and the fight to divorce Christ from the Godhead? Can you see that the attack on the Holy Spirit's Godhood is actually an indirect attack on Christ Himself because it degrades His Place with the Father? There is so much playing out in the Deity and Humanity of Christ that is why the Christian is what he is and why the Christian suffers what he suffers and triumphs over it nonetheless.

I feel so full to bursting when I speak to another who has such capacity for Christ. There is so very much in Christ, so much, my brother. It's staggering. It makes me wonder how I can come into the fulness of it all in the few short years one has here.
Re: What Do You Believe A True Christian Is by tobechi20(m): 12:35pm On Aug 25, 2012
A christian is one who exhibits behavior in his action,words, deeds and desire.

U dont nid to walk everyday wit bible or cram 500 verses.

1 Like

Re: What Do You Believe A True Christian Is by Nobody: 3:31pm On Aug 25, 2012
Mr Anony, you have mail. I'm sorry I failed to do it when I said I would. Hope I hear back from you soon.
Re: What Do You Believe A True Christian Is by truthislight: 8:37am On Aug 26, 2012
Mr_Anony:

i hope you are not talking about NL atheist?
Re: What Do You Believe A True Christian Is by MrAnony1(m): 8:44am On Aug 26, 2012
truthislight:

i hope you are not talking about NL atheist?
They are included
Re: What Do You Believe A True Christian Is by truthislight: 9:04am On Aug 26, 2012
And Jesus said:

"this people worship me with there lips BUT there heart is far remove from me"

and paul said:

"faith without works is dead just as body without spirit is dead"

paul said: "show me your faith without your work?"

can anyone show us his faith without the works? No.
Only talk and talk.

Faith can move mountains = works

faith is what moves to action = works

without faith it is impossible to please God well = works

Abraham put faith in God it was counted to him as righteousness = work, Abraham obeyed God by works,

1. Wanted to sacrifice his son in obedience. = work/action

2. Move from his comfortable home town to an undefined location that God will show him = works/action

"faith without work is dead"
Re: What Do You Believe A True Christian Is by PAGAN9JA(m): 9:17am On Aug 26, 2012
a true christian is a completely brainwashed sub-human. .
Re: What Do You Believe A True Christian Is by justaqad(m): 9:57am On Aug 26, 2012
PAGAN 9JA:
a true christian is a completely brainwashed sub-human. .

hehehehehehehehehehehehehehehee

(1) (Reply)

Strive To Enter through the Narrow Way / Has Anyone Seen Or Heard About Prophet Tb Joshua,s Wife Before? / He Is A Christian & Engage To A Muslim Lady - Advise Him

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.