Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,443 members, 7,812,333 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 11:52 AM

Why Do Everyone Act Like 2face Was The Only Nigerian On Phat Girlz Soundtrack? - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Why Do Everyone Act Like 2face Was The Only Nigerian On Phat Girlz Soundtrack? (2024 Views)

Gholden Girlz - Nigerian Brick And Lace! / Who's Richer?fuji Musicians Like Pasuma And R N B Singers Like 2face / 2face Idibia Earned $5 Million For 'Phat Girlz'? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Do Everyone Act Like 2face Was The Only Nigerian On Phat Girlz Soundtrack? by youngdigi(m): 7:19pm On Dec 30, 2007
Track 6 - Danfo Driver - Mad Melon and Mountain Black
http://www.amazon.com/Phat-Girlz-Original-Soundtrack/dp/B000F6IHQ8
Re: Why Do Everyone Act Like 2face Was The Only Nigerian On Phat Girlz Soundtrack? by tosinadeda: 7:40pm On Dec 30, 2007
Cos his contract was bigger
Re: Why Do Everyone Act Like 2face Was The Only Nigerian On Phat Girlz Soundtrack? by eleshin(m): 7:43pm On Dec 30, 2007
yes his contract was bigger,2face said it is btw 3 and 5 million $.so the mount make it a talk of town
Re: Why Do Everyone Act Like 2face Was The Only Nigerian On Phat Girlz Soundtrack? by tosinadeda: 7:48pm On Dec 30, 2007
Young digi,its wasnt really about the soundtrack but d money ok.
I remember the contract signing on prime time africa
Re: Why Do Everyone Act Like 2face Was The Only Nigerian On Phat Girlz Soundtrack? by flown(m): 7:50pm On Dec 30, 2007
just a .little curious there is this nigerian artist that i thot was the next big star in the world, SLAM thats his name, does anyone know anything bout him, i heard he is coming out with a new album soon, please let me in on this guy, think he knows what music is,
Re: Why Do Everyone Act Like 2face Was The Only Nigerian On Phat Girlz Soundtrack? by tosinadeda: 7:54pm On Dec 30, 2007
Kennis bleeped up his career
Re: Why Do Everyone Act Like 2face Was The Only Nigerian On Phat Girlz Soundtrack? by Baro(m): 9:31pm On Dec 30, 2007
Am happy 2 hear that from you Tosin

Slam is one of the many artistes Keke have ruined their career just cos they weren't ready to be exploited like lipsrsealed
Re: Why Do Everyone Act Like 2face Was The Only Nigerian On Phat Girlz Soundtrack? by tosinadeda: 11:14pm On Dec 30, 2007
Like 2face u mean? Well i think he is beta off now or wut do u think?
Re: Why Do Everyone Act Like 2face Was The Only Nigerian On Phat Girlz Soundtrack? by OEPHIUS(m): 11:19pm On Dec 30, 2007
slam is just good really liked the guy
Re: Why Do Everyone Act Like 2face Was The Only Nigerian On Phat Girlz Soundtrack? by edgecution(m): 12:18am On Dec 31, 2007
Slam was one of the best artist in Nigeria before he left for UK i think. A very good dancer and great singer. Kennis messed up this guy. KENNIS WAS BUSY SHOVING TONY TETUILA DOWN OUR THROATS and ignoring Slam even he was signed to Kennis. I hope he comes back.I love his songs.
Re: Why Do Everyone Act Like 2face Was The Only Nigerian On Phat Girlz Soundtrack? by zigbo(f): 1:13am On Dec 31, 2007
tuface dint earn no $$$5million$$$ thats a white lie + bullocks mabe naira defo nt dollars. if that was wat he earned what will they now pay them actors and actresses
Re: Why Do Everyone Act Like 2face Was The Only Nigerian On Phat Girlz Soundtrack? by youngdigi(m): 3:04am On Dec 31, 2007
LMAO cheesy cheesy cheesy

y'all are a bunch of dumb cunt idiots that deserve to be slapped, if u think 2face got anything close to $3 - $5 million for that movie soundtrack

if them born u well u can send me a link that says it and i will send a personal email to the website and abuse them for delivering such news.

the movie had a production budget of $3 million (SOURCE: http://www.the-numbers.com/movies/2006/PHATG.php) , so who the fukk in their right senses pays 3mill to produce a movie and turn around pay 5mill for 1 song on the soundtrack that didnt even sell close to 500,000 records??

u guys amaze me sometimes the way u carry news in nigeria, some of u should be blatantly slapped for even saying anything like that, u act like u don't go to school or some shit, use ur damn BRAINS dummies
Re: Why Do Everyone Act Like 2face Was The Only Nigerian On Phat Girlz Soundtrack? by tosinadeda: 8:09am On Dec 31, 2007
Young digi are u sure u ok? Y u come dey throw insuls,the fact pple say 3-5mils dsnt mean they biliv it hook line and sinker! Always think before thrown insults ok,u always think because u arent in naija ure smarter abi?
By the way i dnt recal any1 sayn that 2face got 3-5mils. The only person who mentnd it was quoting wut he said 2face said ok.

p.s never for once think ure smarter than peeps in naija
Re: Why Do Everyone Act Like 2face Was The Only Nigerian On Phat Girlz Soundtrack? by sect(m): 8:46am On Dec 31, 2007
2face never mentioned how much he earned from the movie so i wonder where you guys got ur 3-5 million info.Tosin i glad you admitted that fact about slam.
@Topic everything about 2face is over hyped, period.
Re: Why Do Everyone Act Like 2face Was The Only Nigerian On Phat Girlz Soundtrack? by zigbo(f): 8:54am On Dec 31, 2007
the guy prolly dint receive anything,i bet that the mare fact that they used "arican queen" was quite enuf. . .u know na over xcitement.

@young i understand ur anger,the fact that some people chopped that white lie,as for the hearer ur own don be, wetin remain jst believe that tuface is the richest black man alive tongue roflmao. . .
Re: Why Do Everyone Act Like 2face Was The Only Nigerian On Phat Girlz Soundtrack? by tosinadeda: 10:38am On Dec 31, 2007
Sect i tell the truth always u know

zigbo offcourse he got sumtin 4rm it,we not talkn about a naija film
Re: Why Do Everyone Act Like 2face Was The Only Nigerian On Phat Girlz Soundtrack? by youngdigi(m): 2:13pm On Dec 31, 2007
@tosin, sorry if u feel offended but i was throwing those insults at anyone who believed he got anything close to 3-5mill, so if u dont believe it u dont have to worry about my insults, it just pisses me off when ppl talk like that without even thinking , and no i dont feel i am smarter than anyone , it just straight up annoying and dumb to think that way, do u know how much a record company is paid for a soundtrack contract?? or how much a soundtrack budget is? (this is a black movie by the way) if u have an idea on how these things work, u wont be out here braggin about 2face's contract for that song, especially if there is no specific video of the song shot for the movie, plsssss, what 2face got for the song cannot be much different from what mad melon and mountain black got, trust me
Re: Why Do Everyone Act Like 2face Was The Only Nigerian On Phat Girlz Soundtrack? by tosinadeda: 2:32pm On Dec 31, 2007
There u go again,telling me about how soundtrack contracts are awarded!
All i said on this thread is that i watched the contract signing on prime time jamz then,i dnt know the details of the contract,but am sure 2face's own was d highest.

by d way u mentiond sumtin like 500,000copies,were u talkn of the movie or d song?
Re: Why Do Everyone Act Like 2face Was The Only Nigerian On Phat Girlz Soundtrack? by youngdigi(m): 4:14pm On Dec 31, 2007
by 500,000 copies i am talkin about the movie soundtrack sales, not the movie itself

what do u mean by the contract signing? and if i may ask, what makes u think 2face's contract was the highest?
Re: Why Do Everyone Act Like 2face Was The Only Nigerian On Phat Girlz Soundtrack? by tosinadeda: 5:51pm On Dec 31, 2007
when i say contract signing i mean official of kennis and thatof the movie coming together to sign a document stating african queen as the official soundtrack of the film
Re: Why Do Everyone Act Like 2face Was The Only Nigerian On Phat Girlz Soundtrack? by Baro(m): 6:13pm On Dec 31, 2007
Thought you guys are used to Keke's hype by now, those guys can hype even shit.
Like what they did in Olu's video; signing #1 million contract, must it be part of the video? Remember they did same thing in Fefe nafe when Tetuila featured Tic Tac. Damn childish angry

Same guys said Eddy Remedy's Arrival video was shot with #.5million i think. That Eedris's Live in Yankee was shot in 3 continents(Asia, Europe and America) when we know that that video was shot in Naija.

ANYTHING CREDIBLE CAN HARDLY COME FROM THOSE GUYS ( no apologies)
Re: Why Do Everyone Act Like 2face Was The Only Nigerian On Phat Girlz Soundtrack? by sect(m): 6:42pm On Dec 31, 2007
xactly,must those guys show the contract signing in maintain's video,they also did the same thing in tetuila's e go better but where is he now? nonsense
Re: Why Do Everyone Act Like 2face Was The Only Nigerian On Phat Girlz Soundtrack? by Baro(m): 7:09pm On Dec 31, 2007
Thanks Sect for the correction, it's Ego better not Fefe na fe, i just can remember that Tic Tac was there in the video
Re: Why Do Everyone Act Like 2face Was The Only Nigerian On Phat Girlz Soundtrack? by youngdigi(m): 7:16pm On Dec 31, 2007
tosinadeda:

when i say contract signing i mean official of kennis and thatof the movie coming together to sign a document stating african queen as the official soundtrack of the film

and u tell me not to diss u, well i won't but if u make a statement like this about 1 song as the official soundtrack of a movie, then u deserve to be dissed even tho i wont do it anymore, every song that was on that soundtrack had an official document between both parties (phat girls movie vs record label) so what are u really saying, tosin?

what am trying to tell u here is that u are not making sense by saying they had a contract between 2 parties, danfo driver had a similar document as the one showed on primetime, that is wats called a legal process, so if u do not have facts to state the amount paid for that song, then don't even bother discussing that he had a bigger contract because u do not know that for sure

if u ask me, the fact that they didnt show the amt on that contract makes it even more suspect that they were bullshiting, and thats what annoys me and makes me come out like and say stuff like we nigerians dont think soemtimes, the fact that we are in nigeria doesnt mean we shud act like we do not know how these things work, it just doesnt make sense to pay that much for 1 song on the soundtrack of a movie that was shot with $3million, use ur damn senses and dont argue blindly
Re: Why Do Everyone Act Like 2face Was The Only Nigerian On Phat Girlz Soundtrack? by tosinadeda: 3:48pm On Jan 02, 2008
Cnt rememba stating any amount in any of my posts!
So y take it out on me?
Re: Why Do Everyone Act Like 2face Was The Only Nigerian On Phat Girlz Soundtrack? by sophienwa(f): 1:59am On Jan 03, 2008
young digi, just in case u don't know,u r coming across as an arrogant person- a know it all who thinks anyone who doesn't know as much as u do is stupid.pls dont bite my head up cos i am not trying to be rude but just stating my observation.
Re: Why Do Everyone Act Like 2face Was The Only Nigerian On Phat Girlz Soundtrack? by youngdigi(m): 1:29pm On Jan 03, 2008
@sophie
i might be coming off as a rude person but trust me its not intentional, and i apologized to tosin or anyone else who felt offended, i do not think i know more than everyone, wat pissed me off the most is the fact that ppl can just be soo gullible without thinkin about what they are sucking in, my whole point of this thread was becos i saw the soundtrack listing of phatgirlzand saw danfo driver so i was wondering why everyone seemed to ignore and kept talkin about 2face's african queen, then came the "he got a 3million dollar contract", then i was like, cmon, this is easily visible to read thru and see if it is possible or not, and thats the basis of my 2nd argument, hence, the facts and figures i provided, i am not feelin like i got more knowledge on anyone with this, anyone cud see and provide all the info i have just by being on the internet.
Re: Why Do Everyone Act Like 2face Was The Only Nigerian On Phat Girlz Soundtrack? by whateva(m): 2:55pm On Jan 03, 2008
GOD ALMIGHTY NA SO DEM DEY SEE PEOPLE FOR MY COUNTRY WHEN DEY BELIVE LIE?
ALL THESE PEOPLE SO WHEN DEY BELIEVE I FIT SCAM ALL OF THEM OOO.
MY BROTHERS AND SISTERS I AIN'T BEEFING BUT IF DEM PAY 2BABA PASS 500 THOUSAND NAIRA HE SUPPOSE TO DEY HAPPY YNTO SAY THAT PHAT GURLS NOR SELL LIKE THAT AND I AM READY TO BET WITH WHO-EVA THAT THE SAME MONEY THEY GAVE TO DANFO DRIVERS IS THE SAME AMOUNT OF MONEY THAT WAS PAID TO 2FACE.
I WILL TELL YOU WHY EVERYBODY IS BEEN ACTING LIKE AFRICAN QUEEN WAS THE ONLY SONG REASON IS AFRICAN QUEEN WAS PROMOTED SO SO MUCH AND THAT WAS THE ONLY SONG WE HEAR EVERYDAY ON ALL STATIONS LIKE 8-12 TIMES A DAY THAT NA THE POWER OF PROMOTIONS.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
OWNER'S FUNKY

(1) (Reply)

Musicians On Drugs: Jojo Collapses On Stage / Saxophone / Nairaland Billboard (list Your Top 10 Naija Song Of The Week Here)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.