Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,141 members, 7,821,893 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 09:03 PM

Three Thousand Naira To Report Case - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Three Thousand Naira To Report Case (770 Views)

How To Detect A Fake One Thousand Naira Note / Which Business Can I Do With Two Hundred Thousand Naira? / Gov Gabriel Suswan Of Benue State Uses 47 Billion Naira To Buy Pigs (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Three Thousand Naira To Report Case by Mezzari(m): 5:28pm On Aug 24, 2012
I live in Port-Harcourt. To be precise off Okporo Road, in Rumuodara area of Obio Akpor LGA of Rivers State.
Yesterday, Thursday 23 August 2012 my wife's sales girl who went to open the shop in the morning for the usual daily sales ran back home. She reported that the shop had been broken into. My wife and I went and saw that the padlocks had been cut open and several goods stolen.
I had to go to work and I encouraged my wife to report the case to the police, since some other shops had also been attacked in recent days. My wife was reluctant, citing the police's knack for asking for money to make 'entry'.
Today I made her go to the police station at Okporo Road, beside AGIP Quarters.
True to type the police officers there asked her for three (3) thousand naira to officially record the case; what they 'to make entry'. My madam called me, angry that I had made her waste her time, because there was no way she was going to part with her money.
This situation happens everyday, denying Nigerians the opportunity to report crimes.
The thing is this:
• Is it right for the Nigerian Police to demand a fee for reporting and recording a crime?
• I think it is not right to demand this money. Does anyone here have a telephone number where I can seek redress?
• The new IG of Police is doing well. I use this medium to publicise this anomaly so that corrective measures be put in place. Because this is a veritable reason why crimes do not get reported for action to be taken.

(1) (Reply)

Longest Snake Ever / R &B Star D’banj Is On Front Cover Of London Evening Standard / Girl Taken Away By Robbers After They Robbed Them in Their Family Home.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 6
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.