Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,523 members, 7,819,880 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:49 AM

Nigerians & Ghanaian Arrested In South Africa For Fraud (video) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerians & Ghanaian Arrested In South Africa For Fraud (video) (2845 Views)

CBN Suspends Deputy Governor, Directors For Fraud / Ojo Emmanuel, The Blogger Arrested In Ogun State (Photos) / 40-year-old NANS President Expelled For Fraud, One Week After Endorsing GEJ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerians & Ghanaian Arrested In South Africa For Fraud (video) by playmode(m): 8:39pm On Aug 24, 2012
[flash=625,344]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nQJZ9FZIyxA&feature=player_embedded[/flash]

KwaZulu-Natal police believe they have broken the back of a powerful syndicate operating in Durban in KwaZulu-Natal.The group is believed to have defrauded business people of millions of rand.

Police have arrested three Nigerian nationals and one Ghanaian for defrauding a Stanger businessman of almost half-a-million rand. The men approached a garage owner and promised him cheap diesel from Nigeria. They wanted about R300 000 (N5,630,200.33) upfront which was given to them in cash. However, the men came back demanding more cash.

The businessman became suspicious and alerted the police. A trap was set-up and the suspects were lured to a hotel where the police pounced. Four men were arrested on the scene and about R140 000 (N2,628,004.99) was found in their possession.

Police then proceeded to their homes where more cash was found during the raid. The men face charges of theft and fraud. Police say the men have been operating in the area for some time. More business people have been robbed. The suspects are expected to appear at the Durban Magistrate court next week.

Source: http://www.sabc.co.za/news/a/3a42c8004c77898aaff6ef958dd2e7cf/KZN-police-crack-down-fraud-syndicate-20122408
Re: Nigerians & Ghanaian Arrested In South Africa For Fraud (video) by ektbear: 9:06pm On Aug 24, 2012
Giving cash when dealing with anything involving Nigerians is a risky business.
Re: Nigerians & Ghanaian Arrested In South Africa For Fraud (video) by Litmus: 10:38pm On Aug 24, 2012
Who is robbing who?

Easy to defraud a Nigerian of cash and claim the Nigerian stole the cash and you're only recovering it.
Re: Nigerians & Ghanaian Arrested In South Africa For Fraud (video) by Abrantie: 11:30pm On Aug 24, 2012
One of them is a definitely a NIGERIAN with a Ghanaian passport. They are all Nigerians.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians & Ghanaian Arrested In South Africa For Fraud (video) by Litmus: 12:10am On Aug 25, 2012
Personally detest the constant linking of Nigeria and Ghana as if Trinidad and Tobago. I 'd much prefer it if it'd been reported as Nigerians arrested for fraud if indeed it was necessary to identify nationality of these Victims of SA blackmail or criminals of SA justice.
Re: Nigerians & Ghanaian Arrested In South Africa For Fraud (video) by SmoothCrim: 4:36am On Aug 25, 2012
Abrantie: One of them is a definitely a NIGERIAN with a Ghanaian passport. They are all Nigerians.
This... It seems many people in the world think we are related to Bakassi's embarassed Bakassi OUT!!
Re: Nigerians & Ghanaian Arrested In South Africa For Fraud (video) by YorubaOmoge: 4:39am On Aug 25, 2012
My Ghana brothers pretending to be Nigerians cheesy
Re: Nigerians & Ghanaian Arrested In South Africa For Fraud (video) by SmoothCrim: 4:43am On Aug 25, 2012
Yoruba_Omoge: My Ghana brothers pretending to be Nigerians cheesy
They were all Yorobbers grin
Re: Nigerians & Ghanaian Arrested In South Africa For Fraud (video) by Noiseless2: 10:52am On Aug 25, 2012
Let them face the death of a thousand cuts, period.
Re: Nigerians & Ghanaian Arrested In South Africa For Fraud (video) by Nobody: 12:59am On Aug 26, 2012
This is not the first time a nigerian has used ghanaian passport to pretend their are ghanaian. It happened in port elizabeth few years back but embassy confirmed and even their names shows thet were nigerian. But I blame our government. Ppl should stop taking bribes and issuing passports for money because it is affecting us. I was in Cape Town and this guy was hiting on me telling me and others he was ghanaian but you could see that he was a nigerian n his accent was not the only give away. Asked him some questions n he did not know wat I was talking abt. Smh
Re: Nigerians & Ghanaian Arrested In South Africa For Fraud (video) by ektbear: 2:55am On Aug 26, 2012
SmoothCrim: They were all Yorobbers grin
Probably not.
Re: Nigerians & Ghanaian Arrested In South Africa For Fraud (video) by Litmus: 1:22pm On Aug 26, 2012
Miss_3v3: This is not the first time a nigerian has used ghanaian passport to pretend their are ghanaian. It happened in port elizabeth few years back but embassy confirmed and even their names shows thet were nigerian. But I blame our government. Ppl should stop taking bribes and issuing passports for money because it is affecting us. I was in Cape Town and this guy was hiting on me telling me and others he was ghanaian but you could see that he was a nigerian n his accent was not the only give away. Asked him some questions n he did not know wat I was talking abt. Smh

My dear how traumatic it must have been for you. Right, I think any Nigerian who claims Ghana identity should be shot shot on the spot. In any case, they won't miss life because life couldn't be worth living to do that.

(1) (Reply)

JONATHAN 2015: Have You Seen Goodluck Bags Of Rice? [see Photo] / National Assembly In Darkness (pictures) / We Yorubas Must Stop Claiming To All Be Lagosian, Let's Develop Our States

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.