Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,948 members, 7,814,217 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 09:13 AM

Why Are Nigerians Hosting Award-Shows In The US? - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Why Are Nigerians Hosting Award-Shows In The US? (8082 Views)

Nicki In Tears After MTV Bans Her From All Award Shows For Miley Diss / 50 Influential People in America and UK You Wouldn’t Know Are Nigerians / Davidos Father Provides Private Jet For Davido’s Accra, Lagos Shows In One Night (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Are Nigerians Hosting Award-Shows In The US? by LadyNasa: 4:25am On Aug 25, 2012
Abeg, I have a question.

WHY IS IT THAT NIGERIANS ARE NOW HOSTING MOST OF THEIR AWARDS HERE IN THE USA?
They organize awards, look for a location in any of the states here and bam! It's on!

We have so many places in Nigeria n even in Africa where they can host these shows...why America bikonu... why are we so desperate for Hollywood attention?

If we produce good movies, they will find us like Bollywood.

The movies we are talking abt are Africans movies, not American movies. Hollywood has never had any of their award shows outside the USA....NAIJA, SMH.....

11 Likes

Re: Why Are Nigerians Hosting Award-Shows In The US? by Nobody: 5:26am On Aug 25, 2012
It's very annoying. I have no idea why. Most of them are in New York. You're absolutely right. The US can never consider holding any award show off their shores. It's abominable really, so why us?

4 Likes

Re: Why Are Nigerians Hosting Award-Shows In The US? by Nobody: 5:32am On Aug 25, 2012
ogugua88: It's very annoying. I have no idea why. Most of them are in New York. You're absolutely right. The US can never consider holding any award show off their shores. It's abominable really, so why us?
Absolutely spot on. I think it has to do with inferiority complex.

4 Likes

Re: Why Are Nigerians Hosting Award-Shows In The US? by dasparrow: 5:37pm On Aug 25, 2012
Lady Nasa: Abeg, I have a question.

They organize awards, look for a location in any of the states here and bam! It's on!

We have so many places in Nigeria n even in Africa where they can host these shows...why America bikonu... why are we so desperate for Hollywood attention?

The movies we are talking abt are Africans movies, not American movies. Hollywood has never had any of their award shows outside the USA....NAIJA, SMH.....

You should know by now that most Nigerians suffer from a severe case of inferiority complex. The same inferiority complex that have them worshipping white, asian and arab foreigners living in their midst in Nigeria. The same inferiority complex that makes the average Nigerian maltreat his fellow Nigerian compatriot over a non-black foreigner in Nigeria. I am not suprised. And then we wonder why Nigeria remains in the sorry state it is.

7 Likes

Re: Why Are Nigerians Hosting Award-Shows In The US? by Inik(m): 5:44pm On Aug 25, 2012
Our award shows are hosted in USA because the organisers want to be sure of having uninterrupted power supply and good sound system throughout the duration of their shows tongue

4 Likes

Re: Why Are Nigerians Hosting Award-Shows In The US? by Chukwuemeka007(m): 5:49pm On Aug 25, 2012
They're doing it there because they think it'll be more fancy nd high class giving an award in the US
Re: Why Are Nigerians Hosting Award-Shows In The US? by prettyboi1(m): 5:52pm On Aug 25, 2012
dasparrow:

You should know by now that most Nigerians suffer from a severe case of inferiority complex. The same inferiority complex that have them worshipping white, asian and arab foreigners living in their midst in Nigeria. The same inferiority complex that makes the average Nigerian maltreat his fellow Nigerian compatriot over a non-black foreigner in Nigeria. I am not suprised. And then we wonder why Nigeria remains in the sorry state it is.

My brother I love you to severe bits for this reply. #noHomo. I couldn't have said it better. God Bless you joh.
Re: Why Are Nigerians Hosting Award-Shows In The US? by Presidentcarter: 5:56pm On Aug 25, 2012
You guys are absolutely correct, it is inferiority complex that is causing this. I dey wonder if dem fit invite musicians come perform for naija wetin dey stop dem from holding the awards show here.
Re: Why Are Nigerians Hosting Award-Shows In The US? by tjskii(f): 5:58pm On Aug 25, 2012
Chukwuemeka007: They're doing it there because they think it'll be more fancy nd high class giving an award in the US

True talk,and dis rubbish actually starts from d uni,wher ul see social clubs travlin abroad to hold parties,awards,etc
Re: Why Are Nigerians Hosting Award-Shows In The US? by vanstanzy(m): 6:00pm On Aug 25, 2012

That, my friend is the height of STUPIDITY OF THE NIGERIAN ELITE and NOLLYHOOD (WOOD).
Re: Why Are Nigerians Hosting Award-Shows In The US? by madeinnigeria: 6:03pm On Aug 25, 2012
They are usually confused undecided

1 Like

Re: Why Are Nigerians Hosting Award-Shows In The US? by misterh(m): 6:06pm On Aug 25, 2012
Absolutely spot on. The inferiority complex made them name their film industry after the America's. This is not to talk of the low quality of their movies. We still see ourselves as slaves to the white men & it's so unfortunate.
Re: Why Are Nigerians Hosting Award-Shows In The US? by y2kaustin(m): 6:10pm On Aug 25, 2012
Gej,is responsible.

1 Like

Re: Why Are Nigerians Hosting Award-Shows In The US? by vanstanzy(m): 6:11pm On Aug 25, 2012
Inik: Our award shows are hosted in USA because the organisers want to be sure of having uninterrupted power supply and good sound system throughout the duration of their shows tongue

So in effect, Nollywood wants to sell the Nigerian incompetency to the world. How priceless. Its Nollywoods' insecurity thats eating them up.
Re: Why Are Nigerians Hosting Award-Shows In The US? by seedord247(m): 6:16pm On Aug 25, 2012
80% of Nigerians actors are SSCE holders..Yes

15% didnt study acting..YES

Entertainment industry in naija only works for money not award.. Yes.

Do they go for research ... NO
Re: Why Are Nigerians Hosting Award-Shows In The US? by stanchel: 6:20pm On Aug 25, 2012
Lolz
Re: Why Are Nigerians Hosting Award-Shows In The US? by andyanders: 6:24pm On Aug 25, 2012
dasparrow:

The best response to the subject matter. No further discuss.
Re: Why Are Nigerians Hosting Award-Shows In The US? by ebamma(m): 6:28pm On Aug 25, 2012
why the generalisation,many nollywood award shows are held here in nigeria,very few nigerian award shows are held in usa
Re: Why Are Nigerians Hosting Award-Shows In The US? by vanstanzy(m): 6:29pm On Aug 25, 2012
y2kaustin: Gej,is responsible.

Permit to disagree a bit with ya. Our leaders' BAD GOVERNANCE right from the military take over of '66 brought this.
We had every opportunity to make things right, but wouldnt have that.
Re: Why Are Nigerians Hosting Award-Shows In The US? by ebamma(m): 6:32pm On Aug 25, 2012
dasparrow:

will you shut that thing you call mouth up
Re: Why Are Nigerians Hosting Award-Shows In The US? by Chanchit: 6:44pm On Aug 25, 2012
Because they are stiupid, bt i won't blame them but the foolish money miss roads that sponsors the useless awards..
Re: Why Are Nigerians Hosting Award-Shows In The US? by ernestleon(m): 6:55pm On Aug 25, 2012
dasparrow:

Na wetin dey pain you for body?
Re: Why Are Nigerians Hosting Award-Shows In The US? by anonymous6(f): 7:15pm On Aug 25, 2012

I don't get it either(even though I didn't know this) but I feel some Nigerians feel if they host it in America, the awards show may have more appeal or respect then ones in Nigeria, the part they are not getting is, it is the ones In Nigeria that will get more recognition most of the times over the ones done overseas because the ones in America will be considered to be having American backing, and etc.

Some Nigerian awards are hosted in Nigeria though
Re: Why Are Nigerians Hosting Award-Shows In The US? by anonymous6(f): 7:23pm On Aug 25, 2012
dasparrow:

You have a point but most of that worshiping is done because of cash/money, not because they want to be like them most of the time.
Re: Why Are Nigerians Hosting Award-Shows In The US? by achukwunet(f): 7:29pm On Aug 25, 2012
I agree. Award shows are the perfect time to show off your city. Instead we run away from ever oppourtunity possible. It's sad
Re: Why Are Nigerians Hosting Award-Shows In The US? by ANYPEN(m): 7:34pm On Aug 25, 2012
I listened to Tunde Kelani talk on Nigerian movies & the craze In making movies to imitate the Americans. As a matter of fact, we can't impress a common American on the street with the best we have to offer.
Americans are seriously waiting to be impressed with what we represent (our culture, our religion *NOT talking of Christianity & Islam* & our way of life generally) through our movies & here we are just fooling ourselves with their waste.

Some soap opera in Nigeria will make you wonder if stupidity hasn't taken over our TVs. Even some so called respected actors engage in plays that has no sense @ all & still they go to America for awards. SMH

Americans are the best @ it & just in like in the London Olympics basketball, we are where we are.
Re: Why Are Nigerians Hosting Award-Shows In The US? by Evans5050: 7:43pm On Aug 25, 2012
Inik: Our award shows are hosted in USA because the organisers want to be sure of having uninterrupted power supply and good sound system throughout the duration of their shows tongue

[size=15pt]BAD GUY LOL LWKMD[/size] grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

ABEG U CANT COMPARE A HOLLYWOOD TO NOLLYWOOD SAME U CANT COMPARE NAIJA TO THE U.S
Re: Why Are Nigerians Hosting Award-Shows In The US? by ismhab(m): 7:46pm On Aug 25, 2012
Why not go asked them.
Re: Why Are Nigerians Hosting Award-Shows In The US? by werepeLeri: 7:49pm On Aug 25, 2012
OP - I suppose you live outside Nigeria? Why are you living outside Nigeria? Because of inferiority complex?

coming from the same goons who will kill you when you talk anything negative about America - and coming from those who will tell you they will rather die and be buried in America than have anything to do with Nigeria. Hypocrites.

3 Likes

Re: Why Are Nigerians Hosting Award-Shows In The US? by sexyglow(f): 8:04pm On Aug 25, 2012
Nah it is because Americans host theirs here in Niger.Simple(lol)
Re: Why Are Nigerians Hosting Award-Shows In The US? by crackhouse(m): 8:06pm On Aug 25, 2012
One is Inferiority complex and another reason is because Nigerians attach more value to things done outside naija that those done inside naija.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Tunde Of Lighthouse Family Now Married / Hilda Dokubo Returns To Nollywood Movies / MEET Nigeria’s Hairiest Woman (with Pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.