Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,931 members, 7,952,742 topics. Date: Wednesday, 18 September 2024 at 10:51 PM

Is Nairaland Uniting Nigerians? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Is Nairaland Uniting Nigerians? (587 Views)

Uniting The Warring Nairaland PDP Family / Is Confab uniting Or dividing Nigeria? / We Can Honour Ojukwu By Uniting Under APGA (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is Nairaland Uniting Nigerians? by Korrection(m): 5:13am On Aug 25, 2012
I for once will love to say Kudos to the inventors of Nairaland...In as much as we all bash ourselves here,the fact still remains that we all love ourselves....though we have crossed roads...throw insults...laugh..cry...show agitations...hate...love and try to proffer solutions to the problems of our dear country...i stand to say that im ready to host a party for all Nairalanders to show solidarity in diverse places...Thank you Nairaland for making me laugh...cry...reason well and throw words to unseen faces...love you all...
Re: Is Nairaland Uniting Nigerians? by domack99(m): 7:58am On Aug 25, 2012
I can't say until i know the age bracket of those involve in tribal war on nairaland. Any post on nairaland eventually resort to tribal and ethnic insults.
If those involve in this tribal/ethnic media war are within the age of 34 and above, then there is a possibility of nairaland as a media to unite the country but if this age bracket are 25 years and below, then my friend the country is finished.

1 Like

Re: Is Nairaland Uniting Nigerians? by hardywaltz(m): 11:59am On Aug 25, 2012
No certainly not.
Re: Is Nairaland Uniting Nigerians? by Nobody: 12:59pm On Aug 25, 2012
I am very dissappointed when I read the comments people make if a particular tribe is involved in crime.I have also noticed that most people I respect so much on NL do not involve themselves in tribal bashing.they simply ignore the thread! We have some particular NLanders who are fond of throwing insults at other tribes.that shows immaturity.Seun,I must commend you for a job well done but a lot has to be done to improve NL.
As for the question,I doubt if its uniting nigerians.
Re: Is Nairaland Uniting Nigerians? by BlackMamba2: 1:10pm On Aug 25, 2012
It's a recreational place...where u meet a combo of all the kinds of people in the world and really funny people. I love Nairaland.
Re: Is Nairaland Uniting Nigerians? by seunfly: 2:15pm On Aug 26, 2012
Well social media are for uniting peaple of common character for good, but to be honest nairaland has done more damage than good for peaple of nigeria particularly the young ones, alot of peaple here are bitter, tribalist, sentimental, hypocrate and jugemental. They have succeed in making alot of peaple to be like them. B4 i never thouth of any tribal diffrences and wickness nor see any as bad, most of my friends in ilorin and lagos are igbos and have never see any diffrences btw us untill when i came to nairaland. Thread that will promote unity will not be on the front page but the one that will cause bashing of tribes, government, rich man, pastor, success, even damage Nigeria image will top the front page.
Re: Is Nairaland Uniting Nigerians? by Litmus: 9:11pm On Aug 26, 2012
Nairaland like so many forums and social media space is a massive godsend for pathetic humanity inclined to spread hatred and misery.
Re: Is Nairaland Uniting Nigerians? by gramci: 9:22pm On Aug 26, 2012
Tribal and religious bashing are part of the Nigerian reality, ignoring it will amount to playing the ostrich.
Shikena.

(1) (Reply)

Lord Lugard On Nigerians And Africans In General / What Was The Content Of Buhari's Unchecked 53 Suitcases In 1984 / Declaring The Winners Of Nairaland Tribal Fights

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.