Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,981 members, 7,817,891 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:09 PM

Reasons Not To Use Your Microwave Oven - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Reasons Not To Use Your Microwave Oven (2854 Views)

Ebola Is Here: 5 Reasons Not To Panic / 7 Reasons Not To Wear A Thong / Cancer Risk: Throw Away Your Microwave Oven (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Reasons Not To Use Your Microwave Oven by rodeo0070(m): 9:25am On Aug 25, 2012
I saw this a while ago and people should know the hidden dangers of using the microwave oven.

Based on Swiss, Russian and German clinical studies...
The purpose of this is to show proof - evidence - that microwave cooking is not natural, nor healthy, and is far more dangerous to the human body than anyone could imagine. However, the microwave oven manufacturers, Washington City politics, and plain old human nature are suppressing the facts and evidence. Because of this, people are continuing to microwave their food - in blissful ignorance - without knowing the effects and danger of doing so.
The effects noted by both German and Russian researchers is presented in three categories:

Category I, Cancer-Causing Effects

Category II, Nutritive Destruction of Foods

Category III, Biological Effects of Exposure

1.Continually eating food processed from a microwave oven causes long term, permanent, brain damage by "shorting out" electrical impulses in the brain [de-polarizing or de-magnetizing the brain tissue].

2.The human body cannot metabolize [break down] the unknown by-products created in micro-waved food.

3.Male and female hormone production is shut down and/or altered by continually eating micro-waved foods.

4.The effects of micro-waved food by-products are residual [long term, permanent] within the human body.

5.Minerals, vitamins, and nutrients of all micro-waved food is reduced or altered so that the human body gets little or no benefit, or the human body absorbs altered compounds that cannot be broken down.

6.The minerals in vegetables are altered into cancerous free radicals when cooked in a microwave oven.

7.Micro-waved foods cause stomach and intestinal cancerous growths [tumors]. This has been a primary contributor to the rapidly increased rate of colon cancer in the United States.

8.The prolonged eating of micro-waved foods causes cancerous cells to increase in human blood.

9.Continual ingestion of micro-waved food causes immune system deficiencies through lymph gland and blood serum alterations.

10.Eating micro-waved food causes loss of memory, concentration, emotional instability, and a decrease of intelligence.

11.Microwaving milk and cereal grains converted some of their amino acids into carcinogens.

12.Decrease in nutritional value.

13.Thawing frozen fruits converted their glucoside and galactoside containing fractions into carcinogenic substances.

It is also dangerous when used correctly. Below are examples...

In London recently, a 9-year-old girl attempting to re-heat a boiled egg in the microwave received a serious eye injury. The girl placed the egg in the microwave for 40 seconds at full power, then removed it and put it in a bowl. About 30 seconds later, the egg exploded, sending parts of the shell shooting into her right eye — causing serious damage to her eye, according to a letter of warning sent by British ophthalmologists to the British Medical Journal.

At first, the girl could only see hand movements with her right eye, but her vision was restored after a series of operations and the insertion of a plastic lens in her cornea.

Microwave manufacturers warn against heating eggs with a shell, and recommend multiple piercings before cooking or heating eggs in general. Advocates, including the British ophthalmologists, say such warnings should be displayed on the microwave itself.

But it's not just eggs. Several years ago, an Illinois woman scalded her face and her corneas after a bowl of water she heated in the microwave exploded in her face.

No Visible Bubbles

Professor Louis Bloomfield, a University of Virginia physicist, says there's a simple scientific explanation for how these explosions can happen.

"You're used to having water or liquid boil when you heat it above a certain temperature, but there are occasions, and they're more frequent than you'd expect, in a microwave oven when the water goes to or above boiling without any bubbles forming," Bloomfield said. "And that's a phenomenon known as superheating."

Water that has gone beyond boiling is very dangerous, he said.

"Well, it's almost like a bomb once you've got it superheated adequately, because anything that triggers the boiling, once you've reached that temperature, will cause catastrophic, very sudden flash boiling," Bloomfield said.

Water Exploded ‘Like a Bullet’

Patty Long of Naperville, Ill., found out about the dangers of just boiling water the hard way in the spring of 2000. After heating a container of water for three minutes in the microwave, Long sensed something was wrong, because there were no bubbles.

"So I opened it up and brought the container out, and I just kind of brought it down," Long said. "I was going to touch it with my right hand, and before I got my right hand there, I heard this like whoosh, and I got hit with all that water into my face."

Long had first- and second-degree burns all over her face. Even worse, the corneas of her eyes had been scalded. It would take six months of treatment to fully recover her sight.

The water in the container basically exploded "like a bullet," she said.

"It just hit the ceiling, too," Long said. "There was no water left in the cup."

Thanks for taking your time to read thru, I hope it helps...Thank you.

source-http://www.health-science.com/microwave_hazards.html
http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/story?id=127846&page=1#.UDiFQKBSriQ

Re: Reasons Not To Use Your Microwave Oven by lepasharon(f): 11:05pm On Aug 25, 2012
thats why they say cover the food b4 heating,aint it?
Re: Reasons Not To Use Your Microwave Oven by nikkyshyne(f): 11:50am On Aug 26, 2012
rodeo0070:
Patty Long of Naperville, Ill., found out about the dangers of just boiling water the hard way in the spring of 2000. After heating a container of water for three minutes in the microwave, Long sensed something was wrong, because there were no bubbles.

"So I opened it up and brought the container out, and I just kind of brought it down," Long said. "I was going to touch it with my right hand, and before I got my right hand there, I heard this like whoosh, and I got hit with all that water into my face."

Long had first- and second-degree burns all over her face. Even worse, the corneas of her eyes had been scalded. It would take six months of treatment to fully recover her sight.

The water in the container basically exploded "like a bullet," she said.

"It just hit the ceiling, too," Long said. "There was no water left in the cup."
But I have boiled water repeatedly with the microwave for over 3 minutes. I could swear I saw some bubbles and no experience such as the above.

I am only aware the microwave emits some kind of radiation which can cause cancer or something like that if you stay near it while in use.
Re: Reasons Not To Use Your Microwave Oven by rodeo0070(m): 8:36pm On Aug 26, 2012
nikkyshyne:
But I have boiled water repeatedly with the microwave for over 3 minutes. I could swear I saw some bubbles and no experience such as the above.

I am only aware the microwave emits some kind of radiation which can cause cancer or something like that if you stay near it while in use.
For every rule, there is an exception...
But pls dear its best you stick to the traditional way of boiling water. Don't take chances with your life please.
Re: Reasons Not To Use Your Microwave Oven by rodeo0070(m): 8:55pm On Aug 26, 2012
lepasharon: thats why they say cover the food b4 heating,aint it?
Yes you are right...but when it comes to radiation, the emission can get to the food. I'm not well informed about the M/wave technology but I believe the findings by the researchers will be helpful.
Re: Reasons Not To Use Your Microwave Oven by mencer(m): 6:14pm On Aug 27, 2012
lots of folks get scared when they read stories/reports like this,
people need to learn how to use the device safely and correctly
millions of microwave users are living healthy and long life with no ailment attributed to microwave cooking.

(1) (Reply)

How Lack Of Sleep Will Break You Down (pics) / My Dick Girth Has Reduced Drastically Please Help / What Is Your Greatest Fear(phobia)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.