Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,732 members, 7,809,807 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:18 PM

Cancer Risk: Throw Away Your Microwave Oven - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Cancer Risk: Throw Away Your Microwave Oven (3379 Views)

You Will Never Throw Away Rice Water After Reading This...! / Breast-Cancer Risk For Storing Phone In Bras / Reasons Not To Use Your Microwave Oven (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Cancer Risk: Throw Away Your Microwave Oven by MCLOVIN: 10:16pm On Dec 15, 2009
Save yourself and your family from the hazards of ingesting carcinogens , de-natured nutrients and thousands of other unknown substances found in micro-waved foods
Full story
http://cngdirect.bravehost.com/morisk.htm
Re: Cancer Risk: Throw Away Your Microwave Oven by Czario: 4:43pm On Dec 28, 2009
Iam my microwave and my microwave is me
Re: Cancer Risk: Throw Away Your Microwave Oven by madlady(f): 5:06pm On Dec 28, 2009
@Poster, I agree 100%, to the extent that I have given away 3 Mirowave ovens.
Family members keep giving me said,for some reason they think that it is strange that I do not have one.
Re: Cancer Risk: Throw Away Your Microwave Oven by dominique(f): 7:02pm On Dec 28, 2009
had to lift this portion out of the article

Microwaved blood kills patient

In 1991, there was a lawsuit in Oklahoma concerning the hospital use of a microwave oven to warm blood needed in a transfusion. The case involved a hip surgery patient, Norma Levitt, who died from a simple blood transfusion. It seems the nurse had warmed the blood in a microwave oven. This tragedy makes it very apparent that there's much more to "heating" with microwaves than we've been led to believe. Blood for transfusions is routinely warmed, but not in microwave ovens. In the case of Mrs. Levitt, the microwaving altered the blood and it killed her.

It's very obvious that this form of microwave radiation "heating" does something to the substances it heats. It's also becoming quite apparent that people who process food in a microwave oven are also ingesting these "unknowns".

shocked shocked shocked
that is just brutal. . . the damn nurse should have known better
Re: Cancer Risk: Throw Away Your Microwave Oven by Vindy: 12:20pm On Jan 03, 2010
I dont blyf any of tis, we av bn using it 4 ova 5 decades now, D only advice i av 4 anybody out tere is avoid using plastic in microwave even the ones they is good enuf.
Re: Cancer Risk: Throw Away Your Microwave Oven by chika98: 12:25pm On Jan 03, 2010
Everyone should stay home and never go outside. Do you know how many milirads of radiation you get from the sun a year?
Re: Cancer Risk: Throw Away Your Microwave Oven by Czario: 1:42pm On Jan 03, 2010
The sun radiation consists of radiation in DC . Youre melanin should be able to cope with this, unless you're an albino.
Microwave oven radiation is in alternaing current form and is far more destructive.
Re: Cancer Risk: Throw Away Your Microwave Oven by madlady(f): 2:42pm On Jan 03, 2010
Czario:

The sun radiation consists of radiation in DC . Youre melanin should be able to cope with this, unless you're an albino.
Microwave oven radiation is in alternaing current form and is far more destructive.

You are a 100% correct.
Re: Cancer Risk: Throw Away Your Microwave Oven by Vindy: 11:43am On Jan 04, 2010
Can someone tell me wat alternative tere is because i cant imagine living without a micro it maakes life so so easy?
Re: Cancer Risk: Throw Away Your Microwave Oven by MCLOVIN: 12:21pm On Jan 04, 2010
Call Mrs. B. Holloway for healthy alternatives to micro
Re: Cancer Risk: Throw Away Your Microwave Oven by agathamari(f): 6:10pm On Jan 06, 2010
you know these reports are old, modern microwaves have a negligable radiation output. buy a microwave that is less then 4 years old if you must buy a used one.
Re: Cancer Risk: Throw Away Your Microwave Oven by Czario: 6:36pm On Jan 06, 2010
New microwaves ?
What do they put in these new microwaves ? How do they cook food differently frm the old ones ?
Some ppl just have to say something by force, kai !
Re: Cancer Risk: Throw Away Your Microwave Oven by face969: 8:38am On Jan 07, 2010
Well considering the fact that it is discussing mainly toxins produced in microwaved food rather than radiation emitted by the unit itself, u have point.
Re: Cancer Risk: Throw Away Your Microwave Oven by agathamari(f): 9:45am On Jan 07, 2010
Czario:

New microwaves ?
What do they put in these new microwaves ? How do they cook food differently frm the old ones ?
Some ppl just have to say something by force, kai !

the internal structure of newer mircrowaves are different. they use different types of insulation as well as specialy tempered glass. for god sake do you research
Re: Cancer Risk: Throw Away Your Microwave Oven by MCLOVIN: 12:37pm On Jan 07, 2010
I think what mr czario is trying to put across is the article is actually about the harmful properties of foods altered by microwaving. Yes new micro are safer as per radiation sheilding giving the user on the OUTSIDE more protection. But what happens to the food on the INSIDE is still very much the same
Re: Cancer Risk: Throw Away Your Microwave Oven by agathamari(f): 1:30pm On Jan 07, 2010
if you are worried about microwave ovens use convection ovens instead. they are safer, roughly the same size and heat food only slightly slower
Re: Cancer Risk: Throw Away Your Microwave Oven by madlady(f): 1:44pm On Jan 07, 2010
MCLOVIN:

I think what mr czario is trying to put across is the article is actually about the harmful properties of foods altered by microwaving. Yes new micro are safer as per radiation sheilding giving the user on the OUTSIDE more protection. But what happens to the food on the INSIDE is still very much the same

That's what I have been told.

I have also been told that the excessive use of any form of Microwave cooking MAY increase cancer, I have no idea if this is true, the only thing we know  that is true is that cancer is on the increase.

I avoid using  Microwave Ovens but I may be foolish for doing so,  some ppls avoid obeay men, I think they are foolish but who am I to tell another what to believe.
Re: Cancer Risk: Throw Away Your Microwave Oven by Nobody: 2:53pm On Jan 07, 2010
Could it be why Cancer is predominant in countries that use microwaves? so is it because their hospitals diagnose patients? In Nigeria most times people are not diagnosed and hence diseases/disorders are not documented hence we have the "Awoooooooooo Mama boiiiiiiii done pass o!!!! na her aunty tinu from the village kill am" Im digressing here.

While we are at it, MOBILE PHONES are dangerous too, a study has just come out that showed an increase in brain tumors in mobile phone users. These companies are just putting out products that are killing us or will kill us eventually all they care about is how to make more profit at the expense of average jo or jane.
Re: Cancer Risk: Throw Away Your Microwave Oven by madlady(f): 3:12pm On Jan 07, 2010
Ebonyeyes:

Could it be why Cancer is predominant in countries that use microwaves? so is it because their hospitals diagnose patients? In Nigeria most times people are not diagnosed and hence diseases/disorders are not documented hence we have the "Awoooooooooo Mama boiiiiiiii done pass o!!!! na her aunty tinu from the village kill am" Im digressing here.

While we are at it, MOBILE PHONES are dangerous too, a study has just come out that showed an increase in brain tumors in mobile phone users. These companies are just putting out products that are killing us or will kill us eventually all they care about is how to make more profit at the expense of average jo or jane.

Could really be just as you have said, under diagnosed, but who knows. My mother ones said that they do not have babies born with major deformities in JA, I just laughed, just another thing that's swept under the carpet.

Back to @topic, I be live they are not really safe, but that just my opinion lipsrsealed
Re: Cancer Risk: Throw Away Your Microwave Oven by Nobody: 3:17pm On Jan 07, 2010
madlady:

Could really be just as you have said, under diagnosed, but who knows. My mother ones said that they do not have babies born with major deformities in JA, I just laughed, just another thing that's swept under the carpet.

Back to @topic, I be live they are not really safe, but that just my opinion lipsrsealed
That your mobile phone is not safe as well, the plastic bottle you are drinking water is not safe too, the foods you are eating are either processed or have dangerous pesticides etc. Most modern day things have the potential to kill man grin grin The companies will not tell you that though.

However we are living longer than our forefathers.
Re: Cancer Risk: Throw Away Your Microwave Oven by madlady(f): 3:28pm On Jan 07, 2010
Yes for true we are living longer but most of us have illness from an early age (i work/worked in a hospital) but then that could be because of the diagnoses thing.

Look at BSC, our food chain fooled around with. These issues are always being chewed over, dammed if you do dammed if you do not.

To be honest you really cannot take to heart all the negatives in life, just too many. The phone thingy, I believe that , but I use them all the time.

In life you just to go with what suits you.
Re: Cancer Risk: Throw Away Your Microwave Oven by MCLOVIN: 3:34pm On Jan 07, 2010
Microwaves take food and destroy vitamins, reduce bioavailability, take proteins and carbs and create new compounds out of them. Some of these compounds cannot even be named by scientists because theyve never been seen before, the other compound are just plain carcinogens. While manufacturers of these devices are improving on preventing external radiation leakage from ovens, they've not discovered ways to prevent foods being denatured into these dangerous substances. OF COURSE microwaved food is bad for you.
Re: Cancer Risk: Throw Away Your Microwave Oven by agathamari(f): 5:19pm On Jan 07, 2010
Ebonyeyes:

That your mobile phone is not safe as well, the plastic bottle you are drinking water is not safe too, the foods you are eating are either processed or have dangerous pesticides etc. Most modern day things have the potential to kill man grin grin The companies will not tell you that though.

However we are living longer than our forefathers.
everything is toxic, even oxygen. if you breath too much concentrated oxygen it can kill you. you drink too much water it can kill you. the act of digesting you food damages cells in your digestive tract. everything slowly kills you if it didnt you would live forever. living your life afraid of what something is doing to you isnt living. as far as the plastic, pesticides and phones. that has been all over the news for years. everything in moderation
Re: Cancer Risk: Throw Away Your Microwave Oven by dominique(f): 9:11pm On Jan 07, 2010
well said agathamari.
every breath we take takes us closer to our graves. being overly cautious wont make you live longer than your designated time on earth.
Re: Cancer Risk: Throw Away Your Microwave Oven by PwOnder(m): 5:51am On Jan 08, 2010
Whaoo!!
Re: Cancer Risk: Throw Away Your Microwave Oven by MCLOVIN: 3:22pm On Jan 08, 2010
Re: Cancer Risk: Throw Away Your Microwave Oven by igbonla(m): 11:50pm On Jan 08, 2010
Incase you have anything against gari, please keep it to yourself. We can't play ludo with naija's means of survival!
Re: Cancer Risk: Throw Away Your Microwave Oven by MCLOVIN: 11:06am On Jan 09, 2010
Hmmm. . . .
I was actually considering making a post on the adverse effects of hydro-cyanates in poorly processed cassava on the neurological system.
But i will suspend that for your sake.
Re: Cancer Risk: Throw Away Your Microwave Oven by face969: 9:40am On Jan 13, 2010
Everybody knows, dem things r lethal.

(1) (Reply)

Rumour: Dr. Chimaraoke Nnamani (former Enugu State Gov) Is Dead / Need Help On What To Take For Purging / Ever Had A Cotton Bud Stuck In Your Ear? :share Your Experience

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.