Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,140,494 members, 7,770,225 topics. Date: Tuesday, 19 March 2024 at 07:45 AM

Was Hitler A Great Man? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Was Hitler A Great Man? (3253 Views)

#presidentialmediachat: Buhari Not Different From Adolf Hitler – PDP / Another Great Man Of God Gives Clear Verdict About February Polls / Ojukwu Was Hitler Reincarnated Evil Man(mugun) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Was Hitler A Great Man? by Don1DeMaco: 1:00pm On Dec 31, 2007
very touchy subject and i expect a lot of fireworks from people

But guys cant we equate Germany's greatness mostly to the effort of the man Adolf Hitler?
Not a very good history student but i ve always been of the opinion that that country is where it is today cos of Hitler

Would i be right to say dat inspite of what the whole world think about him he was one of the best things that happened to Germany?

Personally 4 me i think he was. though i ve not read enough about it to back up this opinion, i stand to be corrected and educated

And pls people try not to insult urselfs, constructive criticism would be well appreciated.
Re: Was Hitler A Great Man? by texazzpete(m): 1:32pm On Dec 31, 2007
You're right, you're not a very good history student.
Please, learn about issues before you form up an opinion.

Most importantly, Hitler is long dead and you're alive. have a splendid New Year!

You get off easy only because of that last paragraph, man!
Re: Was Hitler A Great Man? by babasin(m): 1:33pm On Dec 31, 2007
Hilter is controversial figure.

1. USA wiped-out the red-indians but nobody was able to save them.

2. Europeans attempted to wipe-out AFRICANS but Malaria saved us.

3. Hilter also attempted to wipe-out his enermies but allied forces saved them.

meanwhile OBJ wiped-out his OWN people: ODI-village
Re: Was Hitler A Great Man? by Seun(m): 1:38pm On Dec 31, 2007
Hitler, Joshua, David, Alexander The Great, Sun Tzu. They are all the same; whatever they are.
Re: Was Hitler A Great Man? by texazzpete(m): 1:50pm On Dec 31, 2007
Seun:

Hitler, Joshua, David, Alexander The Great, Sun Tzu. They are all the same; whatever they are.

I Don't think David had world domination in his plans, just obtaining the promised land, nothing more.
you'll recall he didn't try to claim the land occupied by their arch-enemies the Philistines

Hitler deviated from the plan my attempting to fulfil his racial masterplan, the elimination of the Jews and other undesirables like gypsies.
Blacks even ranked lower than the Jews in his eyes in terms of racial 'inferiority'.

All the other names above brought glory to their countries. Hitler, however, ultimately brought doom and tragedy to his country.
Re: Was Hitler A Great Man? by Don1DeMaco: 1:53pm On Dec 31, 2007
Seun:

my thoughts exactly they all fought for the growth of their race/ people
im looking at the guys achievement as regards the Germany of today?
know the whole world would probably not share the same view
also heard he wanted to make africa a farm hahahaha

but not taking it away from him he had a great vision for his people and died trying to achieve it
Re: Was Hitler A Great Man? by Seun(m): 1:55pm On Dec 31, 2007
My thought is that they were all murderous imbeciles, but we foolishly make them heroes.
Re: Was Hitler A Great Man? by Don1DeMaco: 1:57pm On Dec 31, 2007
one mans slowpoke is another mans hero
one mans freedom fighter is another mans terrorist
dont think most of these nations will be relevant today if not for these men u call imbeciles
Re: Was Hitler A Great Man? by babasin(m): 2:19pm On Dec 31, 2007
My thought is that they were all murderous imbeciles

he may be murderous but not slowpoke.

All the other names above brought glory to their countries. Hitler, however, ultimately brought doom and tragedy to his country.

ummm. Germany is the Biggest economy in EUROPE.

They generate Biggest power 587,000GW while your country generate 3000MW. doom and tragedy indeed.

Volkswagen is one of the BEST car markers in the world.

Hilter was not the one Bombing HIS OWN country but US, UK RUSSIA.
Re: Was Hitler A Great Man? by Seun(m): 2:20pm On Dec 31, 2007
The difference between Hitler and the other war-mongering pieces of scum is that Hitler lost the war.
The others (Herod, Alexander the great, all the conquerors in history) don't deserve the worship they get.
Re: Was Hitler A Great Man? by Don1DeMaco: 2:27pm On Dec 31, 2007
point of correction seun
they all lost a war at one point or the other
either murdered by their subjects or fell in the battle field
don't know about David sha

and saying a man is great doesnt mean u worship him, does it?
just says the man is great.
Re: Was Hitler A Great Man? by oldie(m): 2:32pm On Dec 31, 2007
Hilter has been demonised by the west.
I have taken my time to read history from the German perspective
I urge you to do the same and make up your mind.
Hitler was a nationalist and should not be crucified for that
We should not judge people/history from one viewpoint
I'll rather have an Hilter than all these swindlers we have running our affairs now
Re: Was Hitler A Great Man? by Don1DeMaco: 3:29pm On Dec 31, 2007
Tell them
Re: Was Hitler A Great Man? by Mariory(m): 5:10pm On Dec 31, 2007
If we call Hitler great, then we deserve all the racism we suffered and will continue to suffer.
Re: Was Hitler A Great Man? by rikkyjen(m): 5:20pm On Dec 31, 2007
To majority of the Germans in Nuremberg, maybe YES. . . . . . . In other parts of the world, including the place where i breathe daily, Hitler's name is mentioned in the same breath as the anti-christ or the sulphurized one grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Was Hitler A Great Man? by swing4real(m): 10:47pm On Dec 31, 2007
How much do you know about Hitler before crowning him a great man? What made him a great Man? In what aspect are you regarding him to be great? How do you grade a man to be great? Well, you would be right because even most people regard Satan to be a great man.

You are wrong in your view, Hitler is not a great man rather one of the sons of the devil (ROTHSCHILD) Do you know that one of the sons of ROTHSCHILD is the father of Hitler? Do you also know that ROTHSCHILD is a Jew? Suppose i tell you those Jews the media claimed Hitler killed are not real Jews? Sure you are going to doubt me on this one. Do you know that Hitler gave up and ran away during the war but the Media informed the public he was killed and disappeared.

Brother, i advice you search deeper.You want to know the secret rulers of this world? Start with the ROTHSCHILD FAMILY and you be shock with your findings. In answer to your question NO!! HITLER IS NOT A GREAT MAN.
Re: Was Hitler A Great Man? by kobe(m): 10:56pm On Dec 31, 2007
he was an assassin, a heinous criminal, a sick and wicked murderer, a racist gay.

yes, he was a great killer.
Re: Was Hitler A Great Man? by ThiefOfHearts(f): 10:56pm On Dec 31, 2007
oldie:

Hilter has been demonised by the west.
I have taken my time to read history from the German perspective
I urge you to do the same and make up your mind.
Hitler was a nationalist and should not be crucified for that
We should not judge people/history from one viewpoint
I'll rather have an Hilter than all these swindlers we have running our affairs now

Is this a joke?

From "one view point", what other view point is there? What was the point of Achwitz?

Lol @ the German prespectives, alot of Germans are ashamed of that time in their history. Better dont go off running your mouth in public.

As for perferring Hitler over swindlers, maybe if he had killed you and your family,, you wouldnt be saying such garbage.

At least swindlers just embezzle money as opposed to having someone send you to chambers to burn just because you are of a different group of people. It's people like you that sold your brothers to slave ships for a mirror.

I fear some of you people.

ABACHA WAS A GREAT MAN TOO!
Re: Was Hitler A Great Man? by oldie(m): 11:30pm On Dec 31, 2007
ThiefOfHearts:

Is this a joke?

From "one view point", what other view point is there? What was the point of Achwitz?

Lol @ the German prespectives, alot of Germans are ashamed of that time in their history. Better don't go off running your mouth in public.

As for perferring Hitler over swindlers, maybe if he had killed you and your family,, you wouldnt be saying such garbage.

At least swindlers just embezzle money as opposed to having someone send you to chambers to burn just because you are of a different group of people. It's people like you that sold your brothers to slave ships for a mirror.

I fear some of you people.

ABACHA WAS A GREAT MAN TOO!

Are you saying the only view point that is correct is yours?
Being judgemental and rude belittle you angry
Re: Was Hitler A Great Man? by ThiefOfHearts(f): 11:34pm On Dec 31, 2007
show as many angry emoticons as you want, I don't give a damn

what exactly is the viewpoint? Explain to me.

How about we look through the eyes of the caucasians who proposed Aparatheid and see how "great" it was for the black south africans thru their "viewpoint"

Instead of yaning dust, how about you enlighten me on the other "viewpoint"? What possible excuse can you have for killing millions of people? Seriously, let me know.
Re: Was Hitler A Great Man? by Iman3(m): 2:23am On Jan 01, 2008
babasin:

he may be murderous but not slowpoke.

ummm. Germany is the Biggest economy in EUROPE.

They generate Biggest power 587,000GW while your country generate 3000MW. doom and tragedy indeed.

Volkswagen is one of the BEST car markers in the world.

Hilter was not the one Bombing HIS OWN country but US, UK RUSSIA.

That Germany is the biggest economy today in Europe has nothing to do with Adolf Hitler.
Re: Was Hitler A Great Man? by wendymanda: 2:33am On Jan 01, 2008
Is it really true that Germany has the biggest European economy? Anyways Adolf Hitler a Great man, hah.
Re: Was Hitler A Great Man? by doyin13(m): 3:10am On Jan 01, 2008
wendymanda:

Is it really true that Germany has the biggest European economy? Anyways Adolf Hitler a Great man, hah.

They do and its not even close. . .France and the UK keep competing for second place.
Re: Was Hitler A Great Man? by wendymanda: 3:25am On Jan 01, 2008
Good for them. But Hitler a great man, hah
Re: Was Hitler A Great Man? by doyin13(m): 3:32am On Jan 01, 2008
He was an evil man. . .but you must admit his impact, regardless of the consequences, were nothing short of great and cataclysmic.
Re: Was Hitler A Great Man? by ThiefOfHearts(f): 3:42am On Jan 01, 2008
I guess we should also admit that if not for the whites South Africa would still be a trash bin

abi?

Either way the question ask if he was a "great" person not whether his "policies" helped Germany's economy.
Re: Was Hitler A Great Man? by Iman3(m): 3:51am On Jan 01, 2008
Can the epithet,great ,be applied to a person whose contributions were decisively destructive?

I guess its a semantic question but greatness is more appropriately applied to people whose contributions were largely positive.Someone can have a greatly destructive effect to humanity but that doesn't qualify such a person as great.Greatness as applied to persons is different from its application to actions

To hold otherwise would entail describing folks like Cho,David Koresh and even Anini as great men
Re: Was Hitler A Great Man? by doyin13(m): 4:21am On Jan 01, 2008
@I-man

I feel your argument. . .

But you can see parallels with the Time Man of the year award. . .Nominally Man of the Year implies something positive
but they have seen fit to issue the award to some 'EVIL MEN'. I guess it is the Time's prerogative to whom they give their award
but there you go. . .
Re: Was Hitler A Great Man? by ThiefOfHearts(f): 4:22am On Jan 01, 2008
Lol. Time's being funny.
Re: Was Hitler A Great Man? by Iman3(m): 4:34am On Jan 01, 2008
@doyin13

With Time's Man of the Year,the title connotes positive qualities but arguably less so than [i]great man[/i]I think Hitler has also been Time's Man of the Year.

I think both sides of the argument are technically equally plausible but in common ordinary usage,greatness tends to be used in respect of "good people."
Re: Was Hitler A Great Man? by Arnold1(m): 11:15am On Jan 01, 2008
@topic

Hitler was no doubt a Nationalist; he claims all he did was for the benefit of the German people.

Now, the real question is this - How far do you go in the name of being a Nationalist ?

Hitler murdered thousands of jews in gas chambers - all in the name of Nationalism

Hitler invaded Poland, France etc and was on the verge of approaching Moscow, but for the blizzard
and the bravery of Russian General Zhukov. All of this for the sole benefit of the German people.

I am not against leaders looking out for their people, but not to the point where others are gased in
chambers as done by the Nazis.
Re: Was Hitler A Great Man? by babasin(m): 4:32pm On Jan 01, 2008
That Germany is the biggest economy today in Europe has nothing to do with Adolf Hitler.

indeed, who does it have to do with?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Deji Of Akure Dethroned - Ordered To Vacate Palace Immediately - I Am Not Aware / Uncensored Political News On 24/7 Nigeria / Gov. Babatunde Fashola Has Failed To Save The Lives Of Innocent Patients

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.