Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,987 members, 7,810,754 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 02:38 PM

Stay In Bauchi For Seven Years And You Become Full Citizen-yuguda To Non Indigen - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Stay In Bauchi For Seven Years And You Become Full Citizen-yuguda To Non Indigen (782 Views)

Protest In Bauchi For Release Of Sheikh Zakzaky - Photos / Yuguda, Abubakar, Gidado In Missing Aircraft As It Lands In Nigeria (Photo) / Stay In Bauchi For Seven Years And You Become Full Citizen-yuguda To Non Indigen (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Stay In Bauchi For Seven Years And You Become Full Citizen-yuguda To Non Indigen by mcevans1(m): 7:37pm On Aug 25, 2012
Any Nigerian who stays in Bauchi State for seven years or more becomes an indigene of the state with all attendant rights and privileges, Governor
Isa Yuguda assured yesterday as he vowed to uphold the provision of the Nigerian Constitution which confers such rights on non-indigenous inhabitants of states in the country.

Speaking during a courtesy visit, the Governor boldly declared that there are no non-indigenes or settlers in Bauchi State because even those who have not stayed for up to seven years in the state are regarded as being “in transition” to indigenous status.

LOLLZ!! I DEY LAUGH OHHH!! grin

Re: Stay In Bauchi For Seven Years And You Become Full Citizen-yuguda To Non Indigen by okosodo: 8:31pm On Aug 25, 2012
That is if u survive 24 hours
Re: Stay In Bauchi For Seven Years And You Become Full Citizen-yuguda To Non Indigen by Chanchit: 10:04pm On Aug 25, 2012
I might consider the offer, if it could be reduced to seven days, BTW what would be my gain..? Boko boys..

1 Like

Re: Stay In Bauchi For Seven Years And You Become Full Citizen-yuguda To Non Indigen by BlackBaron: 10:10pm On Aug 25, 2012
Who wan die?
Now if only Fashola declared that in Lagos... grin
Re: Stay In Bauchi For Seven Years And You Become Full Citizen-yuguda To Non Indigen by mcevans1(m): 11:00pm On Aug 25, 2012
BlackBaron:
Who wan die?
Now if only Fashola declared that in Lagos... grin

Hahahahaha U dey fear 2 collect GREEN CARD?
Re: Stay In Bauchi For Seven Years And You Become Full Citizen-yuguda To Non Indigen by mcevans1(m): 11:03pm On Aug 25, 2012
Chanchit: I might consider the offer, if it could be reduced to seven days, BTW what would be my gain..? Boko boys..

If you will be alive till that 7DAYZ! grin grin grin grin
Re: Stay In Bauchi For Seven Years And You Become Full Citizen-yuguda To Non Indigen by 175(m): 9:18am On Aug 26, 2012
Na promo?

1 Like

Re: Stay In Bauchi For Seven Years And You Become Full Citizen-yuguda To Non Indigen by inteli: 9:25am On Aug 26, 2012
175: Na promo?
yes oooh!
Re: Stay In Bauchi For Seven Years And You Become Full Citizen-yuguda To Non Indigen by VoodooDoll(m): 9:26am On Aug 26, 2012
This indigene/non-indigene issue in the Federal Republic of Nigeria always has me stumped. I understand that the host community must be respected and protected for peace purposes but these governors do talk clap trap often. Can anyone explain?

- How does one confer "rights" on citizens, that the citizens already have or should already have?

- Under what power does the governor bind future governors to protect these "rights"?

- If there is a Federal law on the issue, which law prevails Federal or State (or even customary law/sharia)?
Re: Stay In Bauchi For Seven Years And You Become Full Citizen-yuguda To Non Indigen by inteli: 9:47am On Aug 26, 2012
Pick up registratn form 4 free @ malam shekau hideout. Hurry while stock last!
Re: Stay In Bauchi For Seven Years And You Become Full Citizen-yuguda To Non Indigen by hardywaltz(m): 9:50am On Aug 26, 2012
I hope Abudul Qaqa is ok with this.
Re: Stay In Bauchi For Seven Years And You Become Full Citizen-yuguda To Non Indigen by 175(m): 11:41am On Aug 26, 2012
Since na promo, d offer go soon expire. Abeg dose southerners (especially ibos) wey no wan come back, dnt fall for dis cheap offer ooo. Desperate govs!! After messing up dia region wit religious brouhahah dem wan entice pple to stay back. Mtchwee
Re: Stay In Bauchi For Seven Years And You Become Full Citizen-yuguda To Non Indigen by nifemi01(m): 2:44pm On Aug 26, 2012
Don't blame d guy, number of people in d state has reduced hence d decrease in revenue from taxes.
Na promo things now but d promo make sense sha dat is if u survive boko boys.
Re: Stay In Bauchi For Seven Years And You Become Full Citizen-yuguda To Non Indigen by mcevans1(m): 2:59pm On Aug 31, 2012
inteli: Pick up registratn form 4 free @ malam shekau hideout. Hurry while stock last!

Hahahahaha have u picked yours?
Re: Stay In Bauchi For Seven Years And You Become Full Citizen-yuguda To Non Indigen by dasparrow: 3:49pm On Aug 31, 2012
@Post

No thank you. I can't see myself being an indigene of a sharia state.
Re: Stay In Bauchi For Seven Years And You Become Full Citizen-yuguda To Non Indigen by omayyi: 5:36pm On Aug 31, 2012
I'd prefer to live in Bauchi over any South Eastern state. Just saying.

(1) (Reply)

Igbo's Right To Live In, Or Leave Out Of Nigeria! / SSS And JTF Kill Two Terrorists' Leaders, Arrest Eight In Maiduguri / Power Assets Sale: IBB, Akhigbe, Others Enter Final Lap Tuesday

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.