Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,286 members, 7,818,970 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:13 AM

Keshi Drops Mikel Obi And Osaze For Liberia Match - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Keshi Drops Mikel Obi And Osaze For Liberia Match (7788 Views)

Woman Defrauds Osaze Of £70000 / Osaze Warns Keshi To Watch His Back / Osaze's Congratulatory Message To The Super Eagles (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Keshi Drops Mikel Obi And Osaze For Liberia Match by Nobody: 9:09pm On Aug 25, 2012

Nigeria head coach, Stephen Keshi has once again left out the duo of John Mikel Obi and Peter Odemwingie from his team ahead of September's Afcon qualifying.

Other notable overseas players dropped from the team to face Liberia's Lone Star are Yakubu Aiyegbeni, Taye Taiwo and Kalu Uche.

Mikel, Odemwingie and Kalu Uche last played for Nigeria under Samson Siasia's reign while Yakubu made a comeback with Keshi as coach in the game against Rwanda early this year.

But Keshi handed the trio of Nosa Igiebor, Emmanuel Emenike and Dynamo Kyiv's free-scoring forward, Brown Ideye recalls.

Vincent Enyeama, who just joined Maccabi Tel Aviv on a season-long loan, is the only overseas goalkeeper called by Keshi.

Joseph Yobo, Chelsea-bound Victor Moses, Ahmed Musa and Ikechukwu Uche.

However, before the list of 11 overseas players was approved, Keshi had to face the Nigeria Football Federation (NFF) Technical Sub-Committee to defend his programme and invited players.

The former Nigerian captain met with members of the federation's committee in Abuja on Friday.

After the meeting with Keshi, chairman of the NFF Technical Sub-Committee, Chris Green, said: “Coach Keshi gave his reasons for inviting each of the players and we all agreed with him that these players are in good form at present and will do the job for Nigeria against Liberia.”

The 11 foreign-based players will join up with their teammates, who featured in the international friendly against Niger Republic in Niamey on August 15.

Nigeria's Super Eagles confront their Liberian counterparts in the first leg, final round of the 2013 Africa Cup of Nations qualification in Monrovia in September.

FULL LIST OF OVERSEA PLAYERS

Goalkeeper: Vincent Enyeama (Maccabi Tel Aviv, Israel)

Defenders: Joseph Yobo (Fenerbahce, Turkey); Efe Ambrose (Ashdod FC,Israel); Elderson Echiejile (Sporting Braga, Portugal)

Midfielders: Nosa Igiebor (Real Betis, Spain); Obiora Nwankwo (Calcio Padova, Italy)

Forwards: Victor Moses (Wigan Athletic, England); Ahmed Musa (CSKA Moscow, Russia); Ikechukwu Uche (Villarreal, Spain); Emmanuel Emenike (Spartak Moscow, Russia); Brown Ideye (Dynamo Kyiv, Ukraine) ; Ikechukwu Uche (Villarreal, Spain)

http://www.supersport.com/football/nigeria/news/120825/Keshi_snubs_Osaze_and_Obi
Re: Keshi Drops Mikel Obi And Osaze For Liberia Match by semid4lyfe(m): 10:54pm On Aug 25, 2012
Someone should please tell me what Keshi sees in Efe Ambrose cos I don't see it?

I mean, why not invite Onyekachi Apam instead undecided

Last time I checked he was fit and playing regularly for Stade Rennes in the French Ligue 1. Hell, he even featured for his club today in the 3-2 defeat of SC Bastia. smiley

Overall, it's not a bad list. Wish the Super Eagles the best against Liberia

1 Like

Re: Keshi Drops Mikel Obi And Osaze For Liberia Match by ariyebaba(m): 11:15pm On Aug 25, 2012
smiley
Re: Keshi Drops Mikel Obi And Osaze For Liberia Match by laksides: 11:18pm On Aug 25, 2012
Hope he (keshi) will not regret is action which 4mer coach samson siasia also did by droping d star player and yet still don't qualify
Re: Keshi Drops Mikel Obi And Osaze For Liberia Match by babyboy3(m): 11:18pm On Aug 25, 2012
From what I know from a reliable source

Keshi is trying to do what Westerhof did in the early 90s were he took so many homes players abroad and had a cut in their first contract
Re: Keshi Drops Mikel Obi And Osaze For Liberia Match by wobov: 11:19pm On Aug 25, 2012
[color=#006600][/color]wen itz time 4 d tornament he will invite dos guys so itz beta he starts using dem now so they can blend as a team

1 Like

Re: Keshi Drops Mikel Obi And Osaze For Liberia Match by Nobody: 11:19pm On Aug 25, 2012
This man should go check the history of every coach that took mikel for granted

2 Likes

Re: Keshi Drops Mikel Obi And Osaze For Liberia Match by GMacbeth: 11:42pm On Aug 25, 2012
What is wrong with keshi why must he not invite mikel nd odewinge jst trying 2 attract unneccesary action even if he didnt invite mikel that i will understand but droping osaze is one of d puzzle am still trying to unravel gosh that guy is one of the most dedicated player of super eagles

1 Like

Re: Keshi Drops Mikel Obi And Osaze For Liberia Match by Zenanted(m): 12:13am On Aug 26, 2012
he dropped d camp disintegrating players!
Re: Keshi Drops Mikel Obi And Osaze For Liberia Match by Sundiks(m): 12:39am On Aug 26, 2012
If he(keshi)drop Osaze i wl understand cuz no coach want traitor(to Siasia) in his team bt JOMikel i dnt no why. Yes,Liberia is small but what of Nigeria name that's deteriorating in football,Keshi dnt contribute!!!
Re: Keshi Drops Mikel Obi And Osaze For Liberia Match by ahidjo: 12:48am On Aug 26, 2012
semid4lyfe: Someone should please tell me what Keshi sees in Efe Ambrose cos I don't see it?

Last time I checked he was fit and playing regularly for Stade Rennes in the French Ligue 1. Hell, he even featured for his club today in the 3-2 defeat of SC Bastia. smiley

How many games involving Ambrose Efe have you watched closely? I mean recoreded and rewatched or are you part of the large army of those that remain sentimental over these issues. I have watched Ambrose in action very closely and observed that he is one of the most intelligent and composed defenders we have now. He is by far the fastest in the team and does a lot of great work in the defence. He was the best Nigerian defender on parade against Rwanda last June. Please get tapes and watch
Re: Keshi Drops Mikel Obi And Osaze For Liberia Match by sambos994(m): 1:07am On Aug 26, 2012
Mikel and Osaze can't play on artificial turf.
Re: Keshi Drops Mikel Obi And Osaze For Liberia Match by gegee(m): 1:20am On Aug 26, 2012
dem don start o leaving out our best players for whatever reason does no good
Re: Keshi Drops Mikel Obi And Osaze For Liberia Match by tpapi: 2:10am On Aug 26, 2012
Keshi neva 4get d kind football gang up wey mikel n osaze do against him personal person(siasia),vincent get luck say we neva find him replacement,if not him 4 watch dis liberia match from israel
Re: Keshi Drops Mikel Obi And Osaze For Liberia Match by maxmeridiux: 3:18am On Aug 26, 2012
lets see d result forst!
Re: Keshi Drops Mikel Obi And Osaze For Liberia Match by isquar3d3(m): 7:27am On Aug 26, 2012
if Keshi eventually names any of those two players in his final list for the AFCON, then he'll forever be a coward. This match is the last in the qualifying series and both of them have not played at all. Joel Obi too. Prove that you are a man and take those boys who've been playing draws with Niger to AFCON.
Re: Keshi Drops Mikel Obi And Osaze For Liberia Match by mallorca(m): 7:32am On Aug 26, 2012
tpapi: Keshi neva 4get d kind football gang up wey mikel n osaze do against him personal person(siasia),vincent get luck say we neva find him replacement,if not him 4 watch dis liberia match from israel
my guy u sabi football nobi small...Siasia still get say 4 dis keshi eagles,ppl knw no say dis Coaches,keshi,Siasia,amokachi,shorumu,Eguavon are close friends,they work/eat together
Re: Keshi Drops Mikel Obi And Osaze For Liberia Match by Dhelake: 7:48am On Aug 26, 2012
Gaiden k: This man should go check the history of every coach that took mikel for granted
yes o
Re: Keshi Drops Mikel Obi And Osaze For Liberia Match by Dhelake: 7:50am On Aug 26, 2012
ahidjo:

How many games involving Ambrose Efe have you watched closely? I mean recoreded and rewatched or are you part of the large army of those that remain sentimental over these issues. I have watched Ambrose in action very closely and observed that he is one of the most intelligent and composed defenders we have now. He is by far the fastest in the team and does a lot of great work in the defence. He was the best Nigerian defender on parade against Rwanda last June. Please get tapes and watch
Did i hear u say fastest? ... Dat sluggish guy
Re: Keshi Drops Mikel Obi And Osaze For Liberia Match by Dhelake: 7:51am On Aug 26, 2012
isquar3d3: if Keshi eventually names any of those two players in his final list for the AFCON, then he'll forever be a coward. This match is the last in the qualifying series and both of them have not played at all. Joel Obi too. Prove that you are a man and take those boys who've been playing draws with Niger to AFCON.
yes ... I would also want him to prove dat hez a man
Re: Keshi Drops Mikel Obi And Osaze For Liberia Match by Noiseless2: 8:25am On Aug 26, 2012
I will pray that any time anyone of Igbo extract plays for nigeria as long as Biafrans/Igbos are not free yet will a curse to nigeria!
Re: Keshi Drops Mikel Obi And Osaze For Liberia Match by dadicvila(m): 10:30am On Aug 26, 2012
semid4lyfe: Someone should please tell me what Keshi sees in Efe Ambrose cos I don't see it?

for Christsake even my 50 sometin year old father will play central Defence better than that unskilled talentless Efe Ambrose,as far as i am concerned he has never put up an impressive performance since his 1st call up,dont know what these people see in him oO!nice list sha,i hope the boys will deliver,its almost shameful being a Nigerian lately since football our only source of hope,pride and happiness has gone to the dogs
Re: Keshi Drops Mikel Obi And Osaze For Liberia Match by sambos994(m): 11:41am On Aug 26, 2012
Noiseless2: I will pray that any time anyone of Igbo extract plays for nigeria as long as Biafrans/Igbos are not free yet will a curse to nigeria!

Now is not the time to focus on igbo this igbo that. It is time to focus on the game.
Re: Keshi Drops Mikel Obi And Osaze For Liberia Match by julioralph(m): 1:44pm On Aug 26, 2012
EFE AMBROSE AGAIN? angry angry
Re: Keshi Drops Mikel Obi And Osaze For Liberia Match by namdo(m): 3:44pm On Aug 26, 2012
Noiseless2: I will pray that any time anyone of Igbo extract plays for nigeria as long as Biafrans/Igbos are not free yet will a curse to nigeria!
but Keshi is okechukwu.
Re: Keshi Drops Mikel Obi And Osaze For Liberia Match by Compudoms(m): 5:27pm On Aug 26, 2012
Keshi is going to fail if he continues this way.

Look at the man Keshi, how many coaches on the world scene are as big(obese) as he is? I don't think he is serious. Such weight in football from coach or player is unacceptable.
Re: Keshi Drops Mikel Obi And Osaze For Liberia Match by Royou: 6:13pm On Aug 26, 2012
Vincente Del Bosque

(1) (2) (Reply)

Nigeria's Team At U-17 Women's World Cup: Azerbaijan 2012 / Football Pools Coupon Results And Fixtures Up To Week 18 With Livescores / Who Is The Smartest Footballer?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.