Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,900 members, 7,835,007 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 12:30 AM

Ribadu Blackmails The FGN - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ribadu Blackmails The FGN (2192 Views)

Buhari 'blackmails' Judges To Bend The Law - The Whistler / How Omoyele Sowore Of Saharareporters Escaped Rape, Blackmails Politician For Mo / Ribadu’s Appointment Is An Insult – Tinubu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ribadu Blackmails The FGN by BigB11(m): 5:41pm On Jan 04, 2008
May be I need to move to London to understand your point better.

Deal?
Re: Ribadu Blackmails The FGN by brownbonno(m): 5:46pm On Jan 04, 2008
Moving out of Nigeria is your choice,but understanding the dynamics of the modern man and its existence is something human being must learn.Efforts to move the nation forward is our civic responsibility which is the issue here.
Re: Ribadu Blackmails The FGN by IykeD1(m): 5:58pm On Jan 04, 2008

You're a good man; but I'm sure that you will never never understand my state of mind and w[b]hy
I've selected to always view things from another angle; the angles that are mentally invisible[/b] to
most Nigerians. So, please try your best to always ignore my posts like many other folks, it's absolutely
not by force.

Could that be IBB's angles which also leads to "invisible progress"? grin

Fact is, some people in the diaspora were beginning to have some faith in Nigeria because of
the works of Ribadu and the EFCC whether selective or not. Nigeria will not progress an inch
until the invincible big Oga mentality is banished. Toy with that now, and you can bet yourself
the reverse will be the case. Those that dumped their foreign passports will regret ever doing
that.
Re: Ribadu Blackmails The FGN by brownbonno(m): 6:02pm On Jan 04, 2008
IYKE-D,

Spot on.(Good talk)
Re: Ribadu Blackmails The FGN by BigB11(m): 6:09pm On Jan 04, 2008
Could that be IBB's angles which also leads to "invisible progress"?

Iyke-D:
You can't help yourself, but to throw a nasty curved ball!
Re: Ribadu Blackmails The FGN by McKren(m): 8:28pm On Jan 04, 2008
Iyke-D:

Could that be IBB's angles which also leads to "invisible progress"? grin

Fact is, some people in the diaspora were beginning to have some faith in Nigeria because of
the works of Ribadu and the EFCC whether selective or not. Nigeria will not progress an inch
until the invincible big Oga mentality is banished. Toy with that now, and you can bet yourself
the reverse will be the case. Those that dumped their foreign passports will regret ever doing
that.

Iyke-D,
No matter what happens do not get angry too much. Whether they bar Ribadu from Aso Rock or whatever
And most especially do not regret anything Ribadu did.

Even Ribadu foresaw all these, he knew Nigeria was at risk of facing such a future. Hence why he did most of what he did. Unfortunately Nigerians never looked beyond their noses and were so embroiled in anti-obj sentiments.

Whether being selective, political or releasing list of those who should not stand for election. Ribadu did most of what he did for the future of this country. He knew he needs an anti-corruption friendly President to win the battle. Hence the need to be pre-emptive.

But unfortunately Ribadu was EFCC Boss but not President. OBJ on the other hand had other thoughts. If El-Rufai was President we would not have been in all this mess.

However, I must say that I would not have wished Ribadu did his job any differently. I do not believe Ribadu has any regrets either.
Re: Ribadu Blackmails The FGN by IykeD1(m): 9:36pm On Jan 04, 2008
Mckren,

Apologize for Ribadu? NEVER!!!!!!!!!! I am only angry that the country he
was risking his life to serve is being handed over back to the crooks with
the full cooperation of the president himself who appears to be dozing off
at the wheels. I will take solace in the knowledge that enough people are
crying foul - as that would have being the ultimate betrayal if non spoke up.
Re: Ribadu Blackmails The FGN by BigB11(m): 10:31pm On Jan 04, 2008
Iyke-D,
No matter what happens do not get angry too much. Whether they bar Ribadu from Aso Rock or whatever
And most especially do not regret anything Ribadu did.

Even Ribadu foresaw all these, he knew Nigeria was at risk of facing such a future. Hence why he did most of what he did. Unfortunately Nigerians never looked beyond their noses and were so embroiled in anti-obj sentiments.

Whether being selective, political or releasing list of those who should not stand for election. Ribadu did most of what he did for the future of this country. He knew he needs an anti-corruption friendly President to win the battle. Hence the need to be pre-emptive.

But unfortunately Ribadu was EFCC Boss but not President. OBJ on the other hand had other thoughts. If El-Rufai was President we would not have been in all this mess.

However, I must say that I would not have wished Ribadu did his job any differently. I do not believe Ribadu has any regrets either.

You have talked, Mckren

I like when you try to sound boxy and rugged.
My man, no need to take it this hard; you should have listened to me many months ago. Even the blind, deaf and dumb saw this coming long time ago.

keep hope alive and we will get there one day!
Re: Ribadu Blackmails The FGN by shinystar(m): 12:34am On Jan 05, 2008
Mr Brown,
Your are damn arrogant. Just who do you think you are anyway?
Re: Ribadu Blackmails The FGN by McKren(m): 12:46am On Jan 05, 2008
Ribadu is a great guy

Since the politics of EFCC and Ribadu, I have noticed all sorts of new (and potentially spurios) names in the politics section antagonising Ribadu. I have a feeling that some of these ID may have been raised by old contributors to the politics section for just this course.

The question is why is all that necessary
Re: Ribadu Blackmails The FGN by brownbonno(m): 11:41am On Jan 05, 2008
shinystar,

I am not what you think,although you are free to have an opinion.We must face the truth,shy away from mental imprisonment,liberate ourselves from the shackles of corruptions and build a better nation-NIGERIA.
We must liberate ourselves from greed, selfishness,poverty and mental backwardness.We have a nation that we owe a duty of patriotism,lets save the nation for the future.
Take the scales from your eyes and see things in its actual perspective,poverty is a curse caused by corruption.We need a pure hearts to cleanse the nation,Nigeria is the most religious nation in Africa,yet she is the 2nd most corrupt country in the world before the coming of EFCC and 88th position today.
My brother face reality and give the nation the chance to move forward.
Re: Ribadu Blackmails The FGN by Topsido(m): 3:07pm On Jan 07, 2008
Ribadu is da man!
A Nigerian Hero!
[size=8pt][/size]
Re: Ribadu Blackmails The FGN by Nobody: 3:58pm On Jan 07, 2008
I never thought a day will come when i will say this, but today i can confidently say, i have lost all hope in Nigeria.
No matter what anyone says about Ribadau i will always respect him because i have seen what poverty can do to people. The full inpact of Poverty caused by curropt practices of these ex governors. With people like Andonoka in and Ribadau out , i shed serious tears for Nigeria, welcome to the land of corruption for all, anything goes, steal and steal and we will follow the rule of law to see that you are protected from people like Ribadau
Re: Ribadu Blackmails The FGN by dayokanu(m): 4:17pm On Jan 07, 2008
Thank God for nigeria at least we are getting rid of OBJ and his evils next is Iyabo OBJ, EFCC is bigger than any man

Ribadu fighting corruption when he benefited from many dubious decision check Ribadu's rank 8 years ago and his peers and now.

Why did Ribadu drop Bode George from his list? Why did he forget Andy Uba Shipping/jetting money to the USA? What of Gbenga OBJ stupendous ill gotten wealth, what of OBJ astronomical wealth increase? What of IBB roaming the streets free and making the law
Re: Ribadu Blackmails The FGN by IykeD1(m): 4:36pm On Jan 07, 2008

I never thought a day will come when i will say this, but today i can confidently say, i have lost all hope in Nigeria.
No matter what anyone says about Ribadau i will always respect him because i have seen what poverty can do to people. The full inpact of Poverty caused by curropt practices of these ex governors. With people like Andonoka in and Ribadau out , i shed serious tears for Nigeria, welcome to the land of corruption for all, anything goes, steal and steal and we will follow the rule of law to see that you are protected from people like Ribadau

Ditto that. Its mind boggling that some people are laying more blames at Ribadu's feet than
the actual criminals and treasury looters. With that kind of thinking, it doesn't take a genius
to see that the country is toast!

(1) (2) (Reply)

World Bank Doubts Yar’adua’s Vision 2020 / 12 Wealthy Nigerians On The Swiss List Handed Over To American Authorities / Ngige Built Only Roads For Anambrarians In Three Years!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.