Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,786 members, 7,813,601 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 02:42 PM

Ribadu’s Appointment Is An Insult – Tinubu - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ribadu’s Appointment Is An Insult – Tinubu (12695 Views)

“it Is An Insult To Label Fulanis As Criminals” -northern Governors / "Appointment is not made for 5% Constituents" Buhari tells SE/SS / Obasanjo: It’s An Insult To Question Buhari’s Credentials (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ribadu’s Appointment Is An Insult – Tinubu by mukina2: 2:05pm On Feb 17, 2012
Former governor of Lagos State and National Leader of the Action Congress of Nigeria (ACN), Asiwaju Bola Tinubu, has described the appointment of Mallam Nuhu Ribadu as the chairman of the Presidential Task Force on Petroleum Revenue as an insult.

Speaking with journalist after his return from abroad, Tinubu said: “I do not want to take this issue from the point of view of the insult it has engendered for our party – the ACN – because it is a great insult indeed; rather, I want to see it as a deep insult because Nuhu Ribadu ran for the office of the president of Nigeria against President Goodluck Jonathan. I will not talk about their capacity; I will not talk about their reputation, because Nigerians have chosen the president of their choice.
“I think the government should have written a letter to our party that they need Ribadu to serve in the administration, based on his experience. That is the way to do things, if the government is going to talk to Nuhu Ribadu too, government should have told the ACN that they have discussed with Ribadu.”
The former governor noted that the Peoples Democratic Party-led administration was wrong to have poached the ACN presidential candidate for appointment. He said: “The first error of the PDP administration is to poach, using the Minister of Petroleum Affairs to announce the appointment of Ribadu. This action is very repulsive and insulting, and shows where the PDP government is, in terms of their capacity.
In Nigeria, our leadership is yet to attain that pedestal of intellectual inquisitive analysis; our intellectual inquisitiveness is being challenged here. Why should it be the minister to announce the appointment of Ribadu when there is currently an inquiry currently going in the House of Representatives on the activities of the oil and gas sector? “So, the government wants to cover and preempt any fallout of the probe and investigation… They are now using a proxy committee.”

http://abdullahiaborode./2012/02/17/nuhu-ribadus-appointment-is-an-insult-bola-tinubu/
Re: Ribadu’s Appointment Is An Insult – Tinubu by Nobody: 2:15pm On Feb 17, 2012
Former governor of Lagos State and National Leader of the Action Congress of Nigeria (ACN), Asiwaju Bola Tinubu, has described the appointment of Mallam Nuhu Ribadu as the chairman of the Presidential Task Force on Petroleum Revenue as an insult.

Speaking with journalist after his return from abroad, Tinubu said: “I do not want to take this issue from the point of view of the insult it has engendered for our party – the ACN – because it is a great insult indeed; rather, I want to see it as a deep insult because Nuhu Ribadu ran for the office of the president of Nigeria against President Goodluck Jonathan. I will not talk about their capacity; I will not talk about their reputation, because Nigerians have chosen the president of their choice.
I think the government should have written a letter to our party that they need Ribadu to serve in the administration, based on his experience. That is the way to do things, if the government is going to talk to Nuhu Ribadu too, government should have told the ACN that they have discussed with Ribadu.”
The former governor noted that the Peoples Democratic Party-led administration was wrong to have poached the ACN presidential candidate for appointment. He said: “The first error of the PDP administration is to poach, using the Minister of Petroleum Affairs to announce the appointment of Ribadu. This action is very repulsive and insulting, and shows where the PDP government is, in terms of their capacity.
In Nigeria, our leadership is yet to attain that pedestal of intellectual inquisitive analysis; our intellectual inquisitiveness is being challenged here. Why should it be the minister to announce the appointment of Ribadu when there is currently an inquiry currently going in the House of Representatives on the activities of the oil and gas sector? “So, the government wants to cover and preempt any fallout of the probe and investigation… They are now using a proxy committee.”

Good Point
Re: Ribadu’s Appointment Is An Insult – Tinubu by braine(m): 2:20pm On Feb 17, 2012
So What? He shouldnt serve his father land because of one party?
Re: Ribadu’s Appointment Is An Insult – Tinubu by strangest(m): 2:23pm On Feb 17, 2012
Tinubu is crying because he was not involved and he feels like he has been disrespected. Enough of all this Godfather things, Tinubu should go and hide.
Re: Ribadu’s Appointment Is An Insult – Tinubu by ranlaen: 2:23pm On Feb 17, 2012
braine:

Well in most countries in the world its considered wrong to serve in another party government unless of course you defect totally .
Re: Ribadu’s Appointment Is An Insult – Tinubu by Nobody: 2:25pm On Feb 17, 2012
braine:

Politics is business and i dont think he his willing to serve is father's land what he did was wrong
Re: Ribadu’s Appointment Is An Insult – Tinubu by presido1: 2:25pm On Feb 17, 2012
Report the president to FA for TAPPING tongue tongue tongue since he(the presido) did not consult ACN first.

Tinubu is ranting cos he did not gain financially from the switching of allegience. Sorry dudu Nuhu has jumped ship already.
But Nuhu no get shame ooh. Anyway in politics no permenent friend so they say.
Re: Ribadu’s Appointment Is An Insult – Tinubu by vykte(m): 2:29pm On Feb 17, 2012
rubbish! d rationale behind his appointment is to serve Nigeria and not PDP, he also accepted the appointment in the capacity as mr Nuhu Ribadu the Nigerian professional not the Mr Nuhu the presidential candidate of ACN.Old man draw the lines,
Re: Ribadu’s Appointment Is An Insult – Tinubu by Beaf: 2:33pm On Feb 17, 2012
You can notice the obvious, that Tinubu did not have a single admonishment for Ribadu; perhaps he feared that he would have recieved a stern rebuke in return! grin
Ribadu was very badly treated by ACN.
Re: Ribadu’s Appointment Is An Insult – Tinubu by uss25dec: 2:44pm On Feb 17, 2012
Ribadu was never an ACN member. He was planted their and am sure dat Tinubu too is part of d game plan.
if he really opposes d PDP:
y didnt he did d alliance btw dem n CPC failed?
y did he deliver South West to the PDP?
Tinubu shoulndt play with our intelligence pls!
he is part of everything. he jst talking to d public to show as if he is angry abt d development bt in real sence n deep in his heartn he is smiling.
bulshit angry
Re: Ribadu’s Appointment Is An Insult – Tinubu by Geomac: 2:49pm On Feb 17, 2012
vykte:

rubbish! d rationale behind his appointment is to serve Nigeria and not PDP, he also accepted the appointment in the capacity as mr Nuhu Ribadu the Nigerian professional not the Mr Nuhu the presidential candidate of ACN.Old man draw the lines,
In as much as i am happy that he accepted the appointment but there is nothing like what you have written up there. Are you saying Nuhu Ribadu the Presidential aspirant and Nuhu Ribadu the Nigerian Professional is not the same person?
Re: Ribadu’s Appointment Is An Insult – Tinubu by Nobody: 2:50pm On Feb 17, 2012
Tinubu fire on the moutain, run run run, Rabadu is coming after you, your company has the highest subsidy fraud.
Re: Ribadu’s Appointment Is An Insult – Tinubu by opensine: 2:53pm On Feb 17, 2012
A multi- disciplinary company requires services of marketers in Abuja & metropolis

Minimum requirement: OND in social science or any other related courses.

Any interested candidate should send his or her CV through this email address
info@tospod.com on or before 21/2/2012.
Re: Ribadu’s Appointment Is An Insult – Tinubu by executinal(m): 2:58pm On Feb 17, 2012
Tinubu stop srying fowl. Ribadu already know that he will not gain anything from ACN, he is still a young man trying to help his father land. Outside politics can you decide for the dud??
Re: Ribadu’s Appointment Is An Insult – Tinubu by hakanai(m): 3:06pm On Feb 17, 2012
Tinubu should shut up!!! after you lured the man to your party promised heaven and earth later selling him to the higest bidder you still get mouth to talk crap.In the overall what have you done for Ribadu,i mean apart from using him to bargain for the SW influence.He failed to win anything under your party.
Left for me Ribadu should answer the clarion call and forget this man Tinubu.He would readily sell him again.For me ribadu your country first and mr president second.So Nigeria calls you and you president calls you!! remind us again who is Tinubu here?A former governor!! I see. undecided undecided undecided undecided
Re: Ribadu’s Appointment Is An Insult – Tinubu by hakanai(m): 3:07pm On Feb 17, 2012
Beaf:

You can notice the obvious, that Tinubu did not have a single admonishment for Ribadu; perhaps he feared that he would have recieved a stern rebuke in return! grin
Ribadu was very badly treated by ACN.

^^^^^you can say that again
Re: Ribadu’s Appointment Is An Insult – Tinubu by Demdem(m): 3:10pm On Feb 17, 2012
Tinubu has a good point. Only the uncivilized will think otherwise
Re: Ribadu’s Appointment Is An Insult – Tinubu by kholis(m): 3:14pm On Feb 17, 2012
No one should be deceived by this man's ranting. I suspect the whole drama is perfectly arranged. The sudden inauguration of the Task Force on Petroleum Revenue with Ribadu as its chairman is only meant to weaken the effective probe currently going on in the House of Representatives. On the other hand, Wale Tinubu( OANDO) needs protection from a probe which conclusion is highly uncertain. So, Asiwaju should seal his running mouth. We know him more than he thinks we do.
Re: Ribadu’s Appointment Is An Insult – Tinubu by Kobojunkie: 3:18pm On Feb 17, 2012
This better be a bad joke or something . . . .
“I think the government should have written a letter to our party that they need Ribadu to serve in the administration, based on his experience. That is the way to do things, if the government is going to talk to Nuhu Ribadu too, government should have told the ACN that they have discussed with Ribadu.”

Such arrogance . . . . is Ribadu his property or a property of the ACN Party? The man is a Nigeria FIRST, and probably an ACN member last on his list, since even his wife has high precedence when it comes to those who can claim him. Wey Ribadu to reject this insult on his person. Tinubu just stripped him of his manhood here . . . ROFL!!
Re: Ribadu’s Appointment Is An Insult – Tinubu by ifihearam: 3:19pm On Feb 17, 2012
But why should the minister make the announcementwhere is the information minister and besides her ministry is under investigation
Re: Ribadu’s Appointment Is An Insult – Tinubu by Okijajuju1(m): 3:21pm On Feb 17, 2012
Partisan politics. . . . This has kept us in the dark ages for too long.

Why cant we mix and match?! angry
Re: Ribadu’s Appointment Is An Insult – Tinubu by bigsean(m): 3:32pm On Feb 17, 2012
like that would solve the problem!
Re: Ribadu’s Appointment Is An Insult – Tinubu by andyanders: 3:35pm On Feb 17, 2012
Tinubu, go and sit down and think about yourself. We need leaders with quality mind and if Nuhu Ribadu has been chosen to serve his fatherland, then Tinubu should stop disturbing people. Ribadu is just after getting involved, let us wait and see how he handles this.
Re: Ribadu’s Appointment Is An Insult – Tinubu by Afam4eva(m): 3:39pm On Feb 17, 2012
Ribadu is a shameless pig. How could he work with a government that he sooo castigated when he was a presidential candidate under ACN. Our politicians never cease to surprise us. They're all the same irrespective of party affiliation. They're all pigs.
Re: Ribadu’s Appointment Is An Insult – Tinubu by Sagamite(m): 3:41pm On Feb 17, 2012
Let this baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaastard reetarded mooron shut up!

What is an insult is the fact fucktards like him put a criminal like Audu forward as ACN governorship candidate despite having already looted the state and was facing a court case.

Arsewipe! I hope he faces a miserable, painful death.

afam4eva:

Ribadu is a shameless pig. How could he work with a government that he sooo castigated when he was a presidential candidate under ACN. Our politicians never cease to surprise us. They're all the same irrespective of party affiliation. They're all pigs.

So he can not take a position to improve a nation because he has castigated the government the people chose?

Stop chatting shyt!
Re: Ribadu’s Appointment Is An Insult – Tinubu by nelsonehi: 3:42pm On Feb 17, 2012
it is tinubu that is surpose to be ashame. after deceiving ribadu and voted for Goodluck, now he is coming back to call Ribadu act to be an insult.was he able to deliver lagos state for ribadu in the last presidential eletion? but he did it for his wife. thump up to  Ribadu for acepting to serve ur mother land.
Re: Ribadu’s Appointment Is An Insult – Tinubu by Afam4eva(m): 3:46pm On Feb 17, 2012
Sagamite:

So he can not take a position to improve a nation because he has castigated the government the people chose?

Stop chatting shyt!

How can he work for a government he termed useless. What does that make him?
Re: Ribadu’s Appointment Is An Insult – Tinubu by OmoTier1(m): 3:49pm On Feb 17, 2012
Kobojunkie:

This better be a bad joke or something . . . .
Such arrogance . . . . is Ribadu his property or a property of the ACN Party? The man is a Nigeria FIRST, and probably an ACN member last on his list, since even his wife has high precedence when it comes to those who can claim him.  Wey Ribadu to reject this insult on his person.  Tinubu just stripped him of his manhood here . . .  ROFL!!
I thought you live in a democratic society and by extension, you have imbibed democratic values into your person. However your comment seems to prove otherwise!
As a member of the ACN and ex-presidential flag bearer in the last election, Ribadu, if truly is a democrat, ought to notify His Political Party of any offer of appointment/participation in governance by the party in power. This does not stop Him from going ahead to serve in the government but all it does is put the party on notice that He is serving not as a member of the ACN  in GEJ's goverment, rather as a technocrat being called to serve in that capacity.
Re: Ribadu’s Appointment Is An Insult – Tinubu by aljharem(m): 4:06pm On Feb 17, 2012
Tinubu has always been a tyrannt and I STILL DO NOT UNDERSTAND WHY HE HAS NOT BEEN ARRESTED FOR STEALLING LAGOS MONEY.

Tinubu IMO is a user. He used Ribadu knowing full well how the SW people love him to gain more power. just like as he is using Awo name and dressing like Awo so as to lock the SW into locks and keys

WTF

[img]http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQRHIkUznZ16INCXqdYaqxay_PHyw5jjmuAEBhGfV0Bhr51YLbL[/img]

For ACN to move forward not only as a party but an opposition party, TINUBU HAS TO GO !!! FACT.

Ribadu call to service is regardless of any party affiliation. Should Ribadu tell the party if he was also offered a job in a company ?.
Re: Ribadu’s Appointment Is An Insult – Tinubu by Nobody: 4:25pm On Feb 17, 2012
Ribadu should have turned down the offer as a matter of principle. We do not have principles as a people. There 1001 better Ribadu's out there and you do not serve under another party except were you have an inclusive-govt. arrangement with the opposition.

There is no law that says he cannot accept. Just principles. Simple!!!
Re: Ribadu’s Appointment Is An Insult – Tinubu by OmoTier1(m): 4:26pm On Feb 17, 2012
alj harem:

Tinubu has always been a tyrannt and I STILL DO NOT UNDERSTAND WHY HE HAS NOT BEEN ARRESTED FOR STEALLING LAGOS MONEY.

Tinubu IMO is a user. He used Ribadu knowing full well how the SW people love him to gain more power. just like as he is using Awo name and dressing like Awo so as to lock the SW into locks and keys

WTF

[img]http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQRHIkUznZ16INCXqdYaqxay_PHyw5jjmuAEBhGfV0Bhr51YLbL[/img]

For ACN to move forward not only as a party but an opposition party, TINUBU HAS TO GO !!! FACT.

Ribadu call to service is regardless of any party affiliation. Should Ribadu tell the party if he was also offered a job in a company ?.

I beg to disagree with your submission regarding Ribadu's appointment. Your comparison to taking up a job with a company is neither here nor there! ACN contested an election against the PDP and PDP emerged the ruling party. Ribadu being a member of the ACN ought to contact His party of the offer made by the PDP led government. This is how it is done in snesible democracy. Mind you, this will in no way stop Him from taking up the appointment rather it serves the purpose of letting the party know that He would be joining the GIP to render His services to the nation, hence His actions should be treated by His party as a non-binding action bearing in mind His party's manifestos.
Re: Ribadu’s Appointment Is An Insult – Tinubu by antartica(m): 4:28pm On Feb 17, 2012
Tinubu is hallucinating from the effects of cocktail of drugs they gave him in england to aid his ailing heart,drugs that will eventually kill him. He is a ch.imp and probably afraid that ribadu might focus his attention on him because there is no way loots can be shared in nigeria without a prominent thief like him not having a lion share.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

$1.3bn Deep Sea Port In Ondo Will Create 20,000 Jobs — Akeredolu / Yerima Shettima To SE: Politicians Are Responsible For Your Suffering Not Buhari / Eroton Well Has Been Spilling Crude Oil In Bayelsa For Two Weeks

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.