Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,764 members, 7,809,936 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:31 PM

Flood Water Kills 10 In Adamawa - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Flood Water Kills 10 In Adamawa (3295 Views)

Boko Haram Kills 10 In Adamawa State / Fighter Jets Drop Boko Haram Flyers In Adamawa Against Voting? - Newsrescue.com / APC Presidential Campaign In Adamawa (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Flood Water Kills 10 In Adamawa by mukina2: 9:56am On Aug 27, 2012
Flood waters in Adamawa state have left ten people dead while a yet-to- be confirmed number of people remain trapped.

Adamawa State Emergency Management Agency official, Mr Shadrach Daniel Baruk said the flood resulted from the release of water from a dam in Cameroon.

According to him, heavy rainfall in the rural region of farms and cattle ranches also contributed to the inundation, which has left thousands of people displaced.

The flood deaths in Adamawa are coming after four people were killed by heavy rains in Bosso and Zungeru areas of Niger state.

A recent flood disaster in Jos, recently killed at least 68 people in Plateau state and destroyed a number of bridges, breaking the major means of transportation.

Nigeria is experiencing its annual rainy season, which sees torrential rains fall throughout the West African nation.

Some eyewitness who spoke to Channels Television said two brothers; Abubakar and Abbdullahi Gwaibaita of Gungel village of Bbosso council were swept away by the flood while returning from farm.

The two other victims were Fulani herdsmen who were found dead in the raging flood in Zungeru, the headquarters of Wushishi local government area of the state.

It was gathered that the herdsmen were swept away by the flood and slammed on a rock leading to their death.

Several houses, rice and sugarcane farmlands in Wuya Kede, Wuya Kanti, Batati and Muregi all in Mokwa local government area of the state were also swept away by the floods.

http://www.channelstv.com/home/2012/08/27/flood-water-kills-10-in-adamawa/
Re: Flood Water Kills 10 In Adamawa by Acidosis(m): 10:18am On Aug 27, 2012
Evil and destructive plaques always start from the north. Bad heads!
Re: Flood Water Kills 10 In Adamawa by Nobody: 10:59am On Aug 27, 2012
Re: Flood Water Kills 10 In Adamawa by Nobody: 11:27am On Aug 27, 2012
Na wa o!
Re: Flood Water Kills 10 In Adamawa by Okijajuju1(m): 11:53am On Aug 27, 2012
Except Atiku is part of the 10 killed, I am not interested..
Re: Flood Water Kills 10 In Adamawa by sylve11: 1:25pm On Aug 27, 2012
Why always North? God pls have mercy mankind! sad cool
Re: Flood Water Kills 10 In Adamawa by HonSuQMaDIQ(m): 1:30pm On Aug 27, 2012
Jonathan were r ur accusers? I bet ur calm nature allowed this flood to wreck this havoc too. To them, u should have waged this flood as d the commander in chief (of flood). U should resign for ur inability to protect the victims of this flood. Weak president? Yeye pea-brained nigerians

1 Like

Re: Flood Water Kills 10 In Adamawa by HonSuQMaDIQ(m): 1:31pm On Aug 27, 2012
Jonathan were r ur accusers? I bet ur calm nature allowed this flood to wreck this havoc too. To them, u should have waged this flood as d the commander in chief (of flood). U should resign for ur inability to protect the victims of this flood. If na Buhari or el rufai dem for use dia body wage am. Weak president? Yeye pea-brained nigerians
Re: Flood Water Kills 10 In Adamawa by Nobody: 1:35pm On Aug 27, 2012
undecided undecided
Re: Flood Water Kills 10 In Adamawa by Acidosis(m): 1:41pm On Aug 27, 2012
Hon. SuQ Ma'DIQ:
Jonathan were r ur accusers? I bet ur calm nature allowed this flood to wreck this havoc too. To them, u should have waged this flood as d the commander in chief (of flood). U should resign for ur inability to protect the victims of this flood. If na Buhari or el rufai dem for use dia body wage am. Weak president? Yeye pea-brained nigerians
Gbam!
Re: Flood Water Kills 10 In Adamawa by BluePinkee(f): 2:12pm On Aug 27, 2012
cry cry
Re: Flood Water Kills 10 In Adamawa by lumeneng22: 2:18pm On Aug 27, 2012
God is annoyed with the north. This is just the begining, continue blowing up yourselves and bomb churches.
Re: Flood Water Kills 10 In Adamawa by pembisco(m): 2:35pm On Aug 27, 2012
Dis shows hw our leaders do nt hv our interest at hrt...i resyd in yola nd belv me it ws aleged dt d govno(nyako) agreed to dis,dt cameroun dam release its waters due a crack noticed on it(d dam) at d detremnt of nigrians lives nd properties. The state gvnment did nt evn gv a warnin or mek any altenative 2 pple livin close to d water way especially to those in d state capital...evn now as a type,thers natin d gvment is doin abt dis nd d water keep incresin nd causin mo damages,pple ryt now watch helplesli as dis water swallow their houses! So dis hrtnin..by d way,d numba death pple reported here is far less dan d actually numba
Re: Flood Water Kills 10 In Adamawa by Femzy24: 2:46pm On Aug 27, 2012
pembisco: Dis shows hw our leaders do nt hv our interest at hrt...i resyd in yola nd belv me it ws aleged dt d govno(nyako) agreed to dis,dt cameroun dam release its waters due a crack noticed on it(d dam) at d detremnt of nigrians lives nd properties. The state gvnment did nt evn gv a warnin or mek any altenative 2 pple livin close to d water way especially to those in d state capital...evn now as a type,thers natin d gvment is doin abt dis nd d water keep incresin nd causin mo damages,pple ryt now watch helplesli as dis water swallow their houses! So dis hrtnin..by d way,d numba death pple reported here is far less dan d actually numba

so sorry abt those that lost thier lives, itz so pathetic, but it was on the newspapers last week that the will be heavy downpour in the north and Adamawa was the first on the list, it quite unfortunate that no precautive measures were put in place.
Re: Flood Water Kills 10 In Adamawa by abdulkayus(m): 2:56pm On Aug 27, 2012
Acidosis: Evil and destructive plaques always start from the north. Bad heads!

i thought u are some1 who is intelligent enuf to knw dat plaque do nt knw region, bt nay u are here spewin rubbish. So Ibadan and Lagos are north too cos last tym i check, flood kill alot of people almost every year there too, and Anambra dat is ravage by erosion is also north abi, hmmm bigot individual.
CIAO

1 Like

Re: Flood Water Kills 10 In Adamawa by greall1: 2:57pm On Aug 27, 2012
It happen everyway especially asia countries e.g thailand, Phillipine e.t.c
Re: Flood Water Kills 10 In Adamawa by ganye1: 2:59pm On Aug 27, 2012
pembisco: Dis shows hw our leaders do nt hv our interest at hrt...i resyd in yola nd belv me it ws aleged dt d govno(nyako) agreed to dis,dt cameroun dam release its waters due a crack noticed on it(d dam) at d detremnt of nigrians lives nd properties. The state gvnment did nt evn gv a warnin or mek any altenative 2 pple livin close to d water way especially to those in d state capital...evn now as a type,thers natin d gvment is doin abt dis nd d water keep incresin nd causin mo damages,pple ryt now watch helplesli as dis water swallow their houses! So dis hrtnin..by d way,d numba death pple reported here is far less dan d actually numba
This has been going on since Cameroon built The Lagdo dam and it has nothing to do with the Govt. Every year around this time the authorities in Cameroon releases water from the dam however the volume of water they release depends on the rainfall. Ask those who live along the banks of the river Benue they would tell that this is a pernial problem.
Re: Flood Water Kills 10 In Adamawa by philipstanley(m): 4:03pm On Aug 27, 2012
i hope it's nt coming down 2 Taraba
Re: Flood Water Kills 10 In Adamawa by luluosas(m): 6:27pm On Aug 27, 2012
As I was traveling out of Yola last week Monday morning, it was inside a downpour. That rain was very heavy. May God help us.
Re: Flood Water Kills 10 In Adamawa by Ambrozy(m): 9:26pm On Aug 27, 2012
God hv mercy on us,c us paz tru all diz
Re: Flood Water Kills 10 In Adamawa by ANYPEN(m): 12:14pm On Aug 28, 2012
From a reliable source in Yola, 2 coppers are dead already!
Re: Flood Water Kills 10 In Adamawa by ANYPEN(m): 12:16pm On Aug 28, 2012
From a reliable source in Yola, 2 coppers are dead already!
God have mercy!!!
Re: Flood Water Kills 10 In Adamawa by PROUDIGBO(m): 12:41pm On Aug 28, 2012
abdulkayus:

i thought u are some1 who is intelligent enuf to knw dat plaque do nt knw region, bt nay u are here spewin rubbish. So Ibadan and Lagos are north too cos last tym i check, flood kill alot of people almost every year there too[b], and Anambra dat is ravage by[/b] erosion is also north abi, hmmm bigot individual.
CIAO

^^^ grin grin grin I noticed how you struggled to come up with a reference to any recent natural disasters in the South East, hence settling for erosion. wink

The only disaster we have is man-made and you can find him running things in Umuahia angry.

(1) (Reply)

Dr Chris Ngige wins APC's Anambra Gubernatorial Primaries!!! / The Most Ignored Arm Of Our Government(things You Did'nt Know) / Buhari's Own Words Disqualify Him

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.