Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,526 members, 7,819,893 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:34 AM

Forfeit N140m To SA Govt Or Go To Jail - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Forfeit N140m To SA Govt Or Go To Jail (1297 Views)

Release All Nigerian Detainees Or Face Disband, British Party Warns UK Govt / The Shame Called Nigerian Embassy In Johannesburg, SA / Things You Must Know Before Coming To South Africa - A Nairalander In SA (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Forfeit N140m To SA Govt Or Go To Jail by queenyetty09(f): 11:23am On Aug 27, 2012
Hello nlanders,I av a friend who urgently needs ur candid n honest opinion. In January dis year he was arrested in South Africa for dealing in drugs. The sum of R7m rands(apprmt N140m) was found in his SA acct. He was given two options »1. Serve 28yrs (like 14yrs) in jail n after d jail term take his entire money n leave d country immediately or 2. Leave d money for SA Govt n leave d country without having to serve a jail term. He is married n av kids in SA n he is condering many factors. He is yet to make a decision for like 6mths now nn he really needs meaningful n matured advices.
Re: Forfeit N140m To SA Govt Or Go To Jail by Vicjustice: 1:13pm On Aug 27, 2012
queenyetty09: Hello nlanders,I av a friend who urgently needs ur candid n honest opinion. In January dis year he was arrested in South Africa for dealing in drugs. The sum of R7m rands(apprmt N140m) was found in his SA acct. He was given two options »1. Serve 28yrs (like 14yrs) in jail n after d jail term take his entire money n leave d country immediately or 2. Leave d money for SA Govt n leave d country without having to serve a jail term. He is married n av kids in SA n he is condering many factors. He is yet to make a decision for like 6mths now nn he really needs meaningful n matured advices.
Both, I mean He should serve the 28 years in jail and also forfeit the N140m, and be deported after that as criminals like him deserve to be given maximum punishment: He is not worthy to be a married man with kids
Re: Forfeit N140m To SA Govt Or Go To Jail by Nobody: 1:30pm On Aug 27, 2012
@OP
no wonder there are so many Nigerians doing crime in SA when there are such NONSENSE laws over there..... as they say:" if you can't do the time, then don't do the crime!"

the money is the proceed of an illegal enterprise, and therefore should be confiscated and awarded to victims of the drug trade etc. as for your friend, let him rot in jail for a few yrs (spending as much as the full sentence as possible)
Re: Forfeit N140m To SA Govt Or Go To Jail by justwise(m): 1:37pm On Aug 27, 2012
MRbrownJAY: @OP
no wonder there are so many Nigerians doing crime in SA when there are such NONSENSE laws over there..... as they say:" if you can't do the time, then don't do the crime!"

the money is the proceed of an illegal enterprise, and therefore should be confiscated and awarded to victims of the drug trade etc. as for your friend, let him rot in jail for a few yrs (spending as much as the full sentence as possible)

Vicjustice:
Both, I mean He should serve the 28 years in jail and also forfeit the N140m, and be deported after that as criminals like him deserve to be given maximum punishment: He is not worthy to be a married man with kids

A+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Re: Forfeit N140m To SA Govt Or Go To Jail by jidewin(m): 4:45pm On Oct 02, 2012
Hmmm my people for SA......even me dey avoid them.
Re: Forfeit N140m To SA Govt Or Go To Jail by kennybuda: 7:56pm On Oct 03, 2012
Absolutely correct
Vicjustice:
Re: Forfeit N140m To SA Govt Or Go To Jail by kennybuda: 7:59pm On Oct 03, 2012
I consider my people as the laziest people on earth.
jidewin: Hmmm my people for SA......even me dey avoid them.

Re: Forfeit N140m To SA Govt Or Go To Jail by llbhuds: 11:18pm On Oct 03, 2012
I'm sure even if he served d jail term he might not be given the money.
I don't even believe such law exists.

(1) (Reply)

UK Tier 1 Entrepreneur Visa (psw/student Route) / Spain TYPE D Student Visa Financial Requirements. / New Zealand Development Scholarships For African Students 2016/2017

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.