Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,823 members, 7,810,163 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:16 PM

The Shame Called Nigerian Embassy In Johannesburg, SA - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / The Shame Called Nigerian Embassy In Johannesburg, SA (36230 Views)

Nigerian Lady Complains About Poor Service At The Nigerian Embassy UK (Video) / Dead Stowaway Found On Arik Air Plane In Johannesburg / Nigerian Embassy Has No Stamp In South Africa, As Man Blasts Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Shame Called Nigerian Embassy In Johannesburg, SA by madejibo: 3:16am On Sep 02, 2015
Yesterday: Now getting frustrated: A friend of mine in Cape Town wants to convert his Nigerian Driver's license to South African Driver's license. The process entails the holder of the Nigerian driver's license to take his license to the SA traffic department and apply for SA's license. The SA traffic department will now email the Nigerian Embassy to confirm if the license the applicant has tendered is real. This is where the wahala starts.
My friend followed this process and the SA traffic dept sent a mail to cg@nigeria.co.za for verification since June and up to date no response by the Nigerian Embassy. I was at the embassy (in Ilovo, Johannesburg) two weeks ago I met a very rude embassy official Femi and he went inside claiming that the person in charge said no email was received. I conveyed this to my friend in cape town and he went back to SA Traffic Dept and the officials sent another email on the 24th of August to Nigerian Embassy, yet no reply.

Today 1st of September 2015, I got here at 9 am, I met Femi again he said the woman in charge of such issue hasn't come to work, this is 12 noon SA time she is still not at work, and the embassy closes at 1 pm.

There is a woman here, her passport is missing she has applied since 3 months ago, no response, nothing. She is in tears and can't write exams and all yet the embassy staff are not bothered. Please repost this.

I am still at the embassy am waiting for them to chase me out at 1pm

Today: Still on my visit to the Nigerian Consulate in Ilovo, Sandton, Johannesburg. (I initially posted a story yesterday)

I finally left the Consulate at about 1:40pm yesterday, without any solution to the problem, I was told the woman that checks emails, Mrs Obidi is not in the office (in other words, she didn't come to work yesterday) so every one that had similar issues will have to come back another day. Some people came from Cape Town (cape town is about 20hours by road to Johannesburg or 2 hours by flight), some came from neighboring Southern African countries like Swaziland and Lesotho.
While in the Consulate, the only two members of staff that you are allowed to see are Femi and Ifeanyi. These two guys are corruption personified. I have heard about Femi since my days in cape town, he only attends to people that offer him money, you don't need a sting operation to confirm this. For people who wants to apply for passports, after paying the recommended fees online, you proceed to submit your application to Femi with R120 cash. This R120 cash is not stated anywhere on the website, you don't get any receipt for this R120. Then Femi will tell you if you want your passport application to be attended to you have to pay R2000 (roughly 30,000 Naira).

One interesting thing is if your passport gets missing in SA, you can't get a replacement in SA, they tell such a person to go to Abuja. They can only issue such a person an emergency travel certificate. They can only assist you if that missing passport was printed in SA. They can also assist if you are ready to bribe heavily.

Visas are granted easily to foreigners with little or no questioning, with little or no paper work. Visas are granted and issued on the spot, depending on how much you pay. This is very worrisome. Only visa applicants are allowed to pass through Femi and Ifeanyi. I once passed through Femi and Ifeanyi just to see what happens at the visa application center and I was shocked! Please friends share these around till authorities see this. I am ready to go to any length to defend this, please don't hesitate to quote my name if need be. For now am a resident of Johannesburg, South Africa.

140 Likes 49 Shares

Re: The Shame Called Nigerian Embassy In Johannesburg, SA by Bacteriocin(m): 3:17am On Sep 02, 2015
Typical naija public office

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Shame Called Nigerian Embassy In Johannesburg, SA by princeuj2015(m): 3:19am On Sep 02, 2015
Kpele
Re: The Shame Called Nigerian Embassy In Johannesburg, SA by temmy6996(m): 4:03am On Sep 02, 2015
That's bad
Re: The Shame Called Nigerian Embassy In Johannesburg, SA by Smooyis(m): 4:10am On Sep 02, 2015
PMB must hear this. Too bad.

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Shame Called Nigerian Embassy In Johannesburg, SA by hakimade(m): 4:11am On Sep 02, 2015
are spoiling the nations name more or u are reporting femi to the world?
Re: The Shame Called Nigerian Embassy In Johannesburg, SA by eleko1: 4:28am On Sep 02, 2015
Pathetic! sad,dey'll soon blame one old woman from their village for their misfortune/greediness,when those thieves are the architect of their own ill luck..Miserable pipu sad

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Shame Called Nigerian Embassy In Johannesburg, SA by Standing5(m): 4:33am On Sep 02, 2015
Protocols built around egunje. Buhari's body Lang will speak 4 u.

6 Likes

Re: The Shame Called Nigerian Embassy In Johannesburg, SA by madejibo: 4:33am On Sep 02, 2015
hakimade:
What do u think?

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Shame Called Nigerian Embassy In Johannesburg, SA by PAINGAIN: 4:44am On Sep 02, 2015
@op, its sickening how nigerians are treated by fellow nigerians that work at d consulate. I was also at the consulate in illovo sandton on the 18th of august for capturing cus I'm renewing my passport. People that captured before me,some were told to come back the next day to receive their new passport and us(I refused to bribe anyone)were given the date of 23 september for collection. I also asked them why we had to 120rand extra bcus there is nothing like that on their website,it was only one response that I got, u either pay d 120 and get a receipt or u won't be attended to. This one guy came all the way from mozambique bcus nigerian embassy in maputo does not do passport renewal. What a shame. Meanwhile u see foreigners get in and 5minutes later they r out. Even anytime I visit nigeria u see those with foreign passports get their passports stamped with d entry stamp as soon as they join their own queue but those with naija passport r asked silly questions. Thing is they intentionally make d normal process very difficult just to get u to bribe them. It will be just over 3months before I get my passport since d day I submitted my application but if they wanted they can issue u with a passport in less than a day. Which way nigeria/nigerians.

50 Likes 5 Shares

Re: The Shame Called Nigerian Embassy In Johannesburg, SA by delishpot: 4:46am On Sep 02, 2015
hakimade:

Typical. one of the Nigerians who always cover festering sores with bandage instead of treating it. Surffering and smilling people.

97 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Shame Called Nigerian Embassy In Johannesburg, SA by madejibo: 4:58am On Sep 02, 2015
PAINGAIN:
@op, its sickening how nigerians are treated by fellow nigerians that work at d consulate. I was also at the consulate in illovo sandton on the 18th of august for capturing cus I'm renewing my passport. People that captured before me,some were told to come back the next day to receive their new passport and us(I refused to bribe anyone)were given the date of 23 september for collection. I also asked them why we had to 120rand extra bcus there is nothing like that on their website,it was only one response that I got, u either pay d 120 and get a receipt or u won't be attended to. This one guy came all the way from mozambique bcus nigerian embassy in maputo does not do passport renewal. What a shame. Meanwhile u see foreigners get in and 5minutes later they r out. Even anytime I visit nigeria u see those with foreign passports get their passports stamped with d entry stamp as soon as they join their own queue but those with naija passport r asked silly questions. Thing is they intentionally make d normal process very difficult just to get u to bribe them. It will be just over 3months before I get my passport since d day I submitted my application but if they wanted they can issue u with a passport in less than a day. Which way nigeria/nigerians.

Its is so sad, we just have to speak out

5 Likes

Re: The Shame Called Nigerian Embassy In Johannesburg, SA by agarawu23(m): 5:01am On Sep 02, 2015
madejibo:
Yesterday: Now getting frustrated: A friend of mine in Cape Town wants to convert his Nigerian Driver's license to South African Driver's license. The process entails the holder of the Nigerian driver's license to take his license to the SA traffic department and apply for SA's license. The SA traffic department will now email the Nigerian Embassy to confirm if the license the applicant has tendered is real. This is where the wahala starts.
My friend followed this process and the SA traffic dept sent a mail to cg@nigeria.co.za for verification since June and up to date no response by the Nigerian Embassy. I was at the embassy (in Ilovo, Johannesburg) two weeks ago I met a very rude embassy official Femi and he went inside claiming that the person in charge said no email was received. I conveyed this to my friend in cape town and he went back to SA Traffic Dept and the officials sent another email on the 24th of August to Nigerian Embassy, yet no reply.
Today 1st of September 2015, I got here at 9 am, I met Femi again he said the woman in charge of such issue hasn't come to work, this is 12 noon SA time she is still not at work, and the embassy closes at 1 pm.
There is a woman here, her passport is missing she has applied since 3 months ago, no response, nothing. She is in tears and can't write exams and all yet the embassy staff are not bothered. Please repost this.

Today: Still on my visit to the Nigerian Consulate in Ilovo, Sandton, Johannesburg. (I initially posted a story yesterday)
I finally left the Consulate at about 1:40pm yesterday, without any solution to the problem, I was told the woman that checks emails, Mrs Obidi is not in the office (in other words, she didn't come to work yesterday) so every one that had similar issues will have to come back another day. Some people came from Cape Town (cape town is about 20hours by road to Johannesburg or 2 hours by flight), some came from neighboring Southern African countries like Swaziland and Lesotho.
While in the Consulate, the only two members of staff that you are allowed to see are Femi and Ifeanyi. These two guys are corruption personified. I have heard about Femi since my days in cape town, he only attends to people that offer him money, you don't need a sting operation to confirm this. For people who wants to apply for passports, after paying the recommended fees online, you proceed to submit your application to Femi with R120 cash. This R120 cash is not stated anywhere on the website, you don't get any receipt for this R120. Then Femi will tell you if you want your passport application to be attended to you have to pay R2000 (roughly 30,000 Naira).
One interesting thing is if your passport gets missing in SA, you can't get a replacement in SA, they tell such a person to go to Abuja. They can only issue such a person an emergency travel certificate. They can only assist you if that missing passport was printed in SA. They can also assist if you are ready to bribe heavily.
Visas are granted easily to foreigners with little or no questioning, with little or no paper work. Visas are granted and issued on the spot, depending on how much you pay. This is very worrisome. Only visa applicants are allowed to pass through Femi and Ifeanyi. I once passed through Femi and Ifeanyi just to see what happens at the visa application center and I was shocked! Please friends share these around till authorities see this. I am ready to go to any length to defend this, please don't hesitate to quote my name if need be. For now am a resident of Johannesburg, South Africa.
PAINGAIN:
not only SA, it's everywhere.
This silly set of ppl working in Nigeria embassy will never attend to you until you bribe them . at times you will feel like crying. Foolish people. Like say den know dey collect salary.

12 Likes

Re: The Shame Called Nigerian Embassy In Johannesburg, SA by agarawu23(m): 5:05am On Sep 02, 2015
hakimade:
what's this one saying? Have you ever been in the op's shoe to know how painful that shiiit is? At times you will have to go back to Nigeria to do things that your embassy suppose to help you with. They are fvcking corrupt.

Pmb should read this....

41 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Shame Called Nigerian Embassy In Johannesburg, SA by nationwide1(m): 5:16am On Sep 02, 2015
My brother, you're right.

This is why Buhari is out to kill corruption and I believe he is on the right track. I and most well meaning Nigerians are behind him on this war against if he will not spare "the sacred cows".

I'll help spread your message because I've been a victim of corruption in the past.

11 Likes

Re: The Shame Called Nigerian Embassy In Johannesburg, SA by cnwokike(m): 6:18am On Sep 02, 2015
PMB should make Fayose consulate general of Nigerian embassy in SA. All these staff with kneel down or prostrate begging ni.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Shame Called Nigerian Embassy In Johannesburg, SA by dayleke: 6:24am On Sep 02, 2015
Very sad.
It is all over.
You can take a Nigerian out of Nigeria but you can't take the Nigeria(n) out of him/her.

6 Likes

Re: The Shame Called Nigerian Embassy In Johannesburg, SA by ADAMUdaCOWBOY: 6:43am On Sep 02, 2015
Can't anybody set those guys up? Can't anyone contact a lawyer to find out the sort of evidence that will be required to pin those guys down? Can't a scape goat be made of those two fools? Femi and ifeanyi! Guys from those two tribes are all round the world exporting their dubious characters.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Shame Called Nigerian Embassy In Johannesburg, SA by PAINGAIN: 7:04am On Sep 02, 2015
agarawu23:
not only SA, it's everywhere.
This silly set of ppl working in Nigeria embassy will never attend to you until you bribe them . at times you will feel like crying. Foolish people. Like say den know dey collect salary.
and d way dem dey frown face ehn,like say dem dey do u a favour by attending to u. They forget that they have that job bcus people go there. They don't even try to put a smile on their faces. Dem go frown face like that obasanjo face where e dey lick icecream.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Shame Called Nigerian Embassy In Johannesburg, SA by musicwriter(m): 7:17am On Sep 02, 2015
madejibo:

Sorry, but that's typical of Nigeria. It's like that everywhere. In Malaysia, Indonesia, India, everywhere!. Even at Seme border going to neighboring Benin republic, it's the same. Our immigration and customs give priority to foreigners (mostly white people) than Nigerians. Foreigners go without paying a kobo, but once you're a fellow Nigerian you'll be humiliated and be required to part with some money.

Problem is we don't have a strong sense of nationalism in Nigeria, instead we have ethnic identity. Even our leaders don't believe in Nigeria in their hearts.

I'm sure you must have heard of political appointments going to a particular part of the country, only. And people are complaining from other ethnic groups.

17 Likes 3 Shares

Re: The Shame Called Nigerian Embassy In Johannesburg, SA by agarawu23(m): 7:38am On Sep 02, 2015
PAINGAIN:
and d way dem dey frown face ehn,like say dem dey do u a favour by attending to u. They forget that they have that job bcus people go there. They don't even try to put a smile on their faces. Dem go frown face like that obasanjo face where e dey lick icecream.
you get it bro, but if na foreigners come dem go shine their teeth. Silly set of ppl.

1 Like

Re: The Shame Called Nigerian Embassy In Johannesburg, SA by Nobody: 8:13am On Sep 02, 2015
Not surprised..
Even at home,those in civil service carry themselves like a demi-god...
That's Nigeria for you.

1 Like

Re: The Shame Called Nigerian Embassy In Johannesburg, SA by Nobody: 8:13am On Sep 02, 2015
Not surprised..
Even at home,those in civil service carry themselves like a demi-god...
That's Nigeria for you.

2 Likes

Re: The Shame Called Nigerian Embassy In Johannesburg, SA by ibkgab001: 10:10pm On Sep 02, 2015
hummmm once a victim

both of them will never know peace as they love to delay most Nigerians there without any reason

2 Likes

Re: The Shame Called Nigerian Embassy In Johannesburg, SA by SinghInLagos: 10:11pm On Sep 02, 2015
Is all over the world same thing. Even my country embassy work slowly sometimes. Just need patience and prayer sometimes
Re: The Shame Called Nigerian Embassy In Johannesburg, SA by reverendfather: 10:11pm On Sep 02, 2015
Heheh
Nigeria everywhere u go

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Pictures Of The Remodelled Enugu International Airport. / UK Wants To Deport 5yr Old Nigerian Boy Rafeeq Atanda, Mum Pleads / What Is Your Dream Country To Travel To And Why?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.