Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,853 members, 7,810,280 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 05:04 AM

Obama Declares Nigeria As The World’s Next-Economic Giant - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Obama Declares Nigeria As The World’s Next-Economic Giant (23029 Views)

Un Declares Nigeria As An Open-air Mental Asylum! / USA President Barack Obama Declares Nigeria As The World’s Next Economic Giant / Obama Declares Nigeria As World’s Next Major Economic Giant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Obama Declares Nigeria As The World’s Next-Economic Giant by Nobody: 9:46am On Aug 28, 2012
Al na wash,mk dm leave us o.bd ple na dm dy spoil our naija

1 Like

Re: Obama Declares Nigeria As The World’s Next-Economic Giant by Series22(m): 9:46am On Aug 28, 2012
Lordave: What is Obama?
obama is any word dat modifies a NOUN
Re: Obama Declares Nigeria As The World’s Next-Economic Giant by mirock: 9:48am On Aug 28, 2012
Obama must have seen some positive vibes emanating from Nigeria that changed his stance. What he said is what we have always aspired for. So it baffles me how some Nigerians reason especially in this nairaland. Instead of reasoning and try to understand how Obama is going to do it, and how Nigeria is going to maximise the benefits, they are here casting aspersions on him. If he had said anything negative these same people will turn to abuse GEJ. This country na wa!

2 Likes

Re: Obama Declares Nigeria As The World’s Next-Economic Giant by ibingha(m): 9:49am On Aug 28, 2012
why is he speaking in both side of his mouth,come 2 think of it,what have he done 2 support his native kenya afta almost 4yrs

1 Like

Re: Obama Declares Nigeria As The World’s Next-Economic Giant by omicron(m): 9:51am On Aug 28, 2012
dtemidare: President Obama In his recent statement he says that the west aftican country will be the

1.world's next economic success story, stressing that the discovery was one of the major reasons why his government is committed to helping the country build strong democratic institutions and as well remove constraints to trade and investment through the African Growth and Opportunity.

2.furthermore he that that his country invests in Nigeria's success because it recognizes Nigeria-s as a strategic center of gravity, stressing that the country's success will as well be Africa's success if the US can help Nigeria chart a secured, prosperous, and democratic course.

3.He also continued that the US government will also work to strengthen Nigeria's agricultural sector, which employs nearly 70 percent of the country's population, by encouraging improvements to infrastructure that would facilitate agricultural growth.

4.He also said that his government will help Nigeria to iberalize trade policies to foster regional trade, reform the customs system to bring it in line with global best practices, and as well encourage policy reforms to enable private investment in agriculture.

http://www.leadership.ng/nga/articles/33522/2012/08/27/obama_declares_nigeria_worlds_next_major_economic_giant.html

[urces.[/b]
Who made this statement? To whom was this statement made? And on what occasion was this statement made? Got me wondering when his election is....cos statement sounds like some sort of an electoral manifestoes ;
Re: Obama Declares Nigeria As The World’s Next-Economic Giant by martyns303(m): 9:51am On Aug 28, 2012
Mr. President, Sir, no hope is better than false hope, tho still we hope. PHCN gave us hope and prove of improved power supply, only to later tell us that, that same hope will be taken away after the raining season, Sir we employ you not to give us false hope. we are aware of our situations and are learning to live with it.

1 Like

Re: Obama Declares Nigeria As The World’s Next-Economic Giant by OYINBOGOJU(m): 9:52am On Aug 28, 2012
Obama and his entire cabinet knew America is losing rapidly in Nigeria and africa as a whole and everything we do here is going to Chinese.

e.g Contracts and all, i heard sometimes ago the government were trying to divert our reserve money into china.

He said those words to overcome China supremacy in exploring africa.

The supremacy is a battle between America and China in Africa.

My Question

Where were the americans when Chinese were taken over sudan and all other smaller country that are rich in natural resources?

Do America have any major investment in Nigeria? ................... don't tell me Shell and Chevron coz is not american company,they only base in america.

3 Likes

Re: Obama Declares Nigeria As The World’s Next-Economic Giant by ZeusI: 9:53am On Aug 28, 2012
We are doomed! There is ulterior motive behind that statement.

1 Like

Re: Obama Declares Nigeria As The World’s Next-Economic Giant by dapoola(m): 9:53am On Aug 28, 2012
american are not a straight forward people... first they say we will break up by 2015, next they say we will become the world's next economic giant... will this be before the break-up or after or are they saying there will no longer be a break-up... really I think we should ignore such flattery and focus on developing out selves to become what we say (claim) we are i.e. ''the giant of africa''

2 Likes

Re: Obama Declares Nigeria As The World’s Next-Economic Giant by IleIfe2(m): 9:53am On Aug 28, 2012
Haha. they must have swindled some of our leaders recently, that's when they sweet talk us like this. Does anyone know the company CBN contracted the new Note and Coins to? Noogle? i pray the comment becomes a reality though.
Re: Obama Declares Nigeria As The World’s Next-Economic Giant by phraze(m): 9:55am On Aug 28, 2012
Obama is right. Nigeria has great potentials. The solution to our problem lies with us. I am of the opinion that if we work collectively we would join the World Power. I just hope archieving this wouldnt seem an illusion to us. God Bless Nigeria.
Re: Obama Declares Nigeria As The World’s Next-Economic Giant by Dondbuzor: 9:56am On Aug 28, 2012
Its a name of new washing machine imported from china.

1 Like

Re: Obama Declares Nigeria As The World’s Next-Economic Giant by Achimedis1(m): 9:56am On Aug 28, 2012
chai naija don suffer weda gud or bad economy obama should free us or are they short of oil nawa o wolve wan chop fish but e no no say river go drown am

1 Like

Re: Obama Declares Nigeria As The World’s Next-Economic Giant by lauyanAbuja: 9:57am On Aug 28, 2012
Obamania: consolation or mocking!? With all this looting & corruption?
Re: Obama Declares Nigeria As The World’s Next-Economic Giant by ZeusI: 9:57am On Aug 28, 2012
Series22: obama is any word dat modifies a NOUN
God bless you. I will also add: anything that has weight and occupies space.
Re: Obama Declares Nigeria As The World’s Next-Economic Giant by maninmood(m): 9:58am On Aug 28, 2012
That is gobbledygook and hogwash coming from Obama. Now that Americans foresee China having a solid business alliance with Nigeria in the nearest future, they want to persuade us. They should know before now that Africans are not what they seemed to be; they are now more astute, savvy and intelligent. Gone are the days they would chain and lock our hands,legs with shackles and rings; castrate us in order not to mingle with their white women! Now that they notice we have lots of natural resources that they lack immensely, they suddenly become oliver twist. Pity though, we Nigerians do not appreciate the tremendous resources we have. Next please!

1 Like

Re: Obama Declares Nigeria As The World’s Next-Economic Giant by Pelumiv(m): 10:00am On Aug 28, 2012
Dondbuzor:
Its a name of new washing machine imported from china.

LWKMD
Re: Obama Declares Nigeria As The World’s Next-Economic Giant by OYINBOGOJU(m): 10:00am On Aug 28, 2012
dapoola: american are not a straight forward people... first they say we will break up by 2015, next they say we will become the world's next economic giant... will this be before the break-up or after or are they saying there will no longer be a break-up... really I think we should ignore such flattery and focus on developing out selves to become what we say (claim) we are i.e. ''the giant of africa''

Do you need America to tell you what will become of Nigeria?

Can you see things for yourself?.
Re: Obama Declares Nigeria As The World’s Next-Economic Giant by SamMilla1(m): 10:01am On Aug 28, 2012
Gordon Brown, Cameron etc said the same thing. C'mon we have a lot of oil and gas. What is so difficult about telling us that 'everything is gonna be alright'. They have something up their sleeves.
We must be on alert. The US does not praise you for nothing.

1 Like

Re: Obama Declares Nigeria As The World’s Next-Economic Giant by alkadriyar(m): 10:02am On Aug 28, 2012
Na wa o! I sense it that the americans will be attracted to the oil that was recently discovered in northern part of nigeria (sokoto state). We must not allow them
Re: Obama Declares Nigeria As The World’s Next-Economic Giant by Bolarge1(m): 10:04am On Aug 28, 2012
Talk2naija: I believe Him that we are going to be better soon.. But we don't need his damn speech.. He condemned us to visit Ghana..... God Bless Nigeria

The man was just trying to be diplomatic to compensate for not visiting Nigeria. I wander how this will be true when we are economic giant of corruption.
Re: Obama Declares Nigeria As The World’s Next-Economic Giant by touchmehard: 10:04am On Aug 28, 2012
AMEN o! May it come to pass. But how does that concern him? I just hope he's not planning to come and reap where he did not sow. If he is interested in us, he and his country should help us tackle our current security challenges, and not them to be eagerly anticipating our future economic growth for them to come and "invest". Investment ko, investment ni, we better watch out and shine our eyes.

1 Like

Re: Obama Declares Nigeria As The World’s Next-Economic Giant by ebamma(m): 10:05am On Aug 28, 2012
obama is a name of a person animal place or thing
Re: Obama Declares Nigeria As The World’s Next-Economic Giant by basisop(m): 10:05am On Aug 28, 2012
:oObama's weed is strong oh. shocked
Re: Obama Declares Nigeria As The World’s Next-Economic Giant by proudlyafrican(m): 10:07am On Aug 28, 2012
Wish his statement will come to reality but "NAY" with the present Nigerian political breeds.Like a Literature post here on NL,"They are still wearing their bowler hat on their feet and Italian shoe on their head".
Re: Obama Declares Nigeria As The World’s Next-Economic Giant by laykhorn(m): 10:07am On Aug 28, 2012
Who is Obama?
I've never heard of him before.. Okay! He is the new agbero national chairman..
The f0ol should just shut-up, and mind his business. He shouldn't indirectly interfere into Nigerian goverment, we all know what he said of us back when we honored him,how he snubbed Nigeria for Ghana..
Re: Obama Declares Nigeria As The World’s Next-Economic Giant by Ijebulogic(m): 10:07am On Aug 28, 2012
Enough "Posting" please - Water for all by 1990 Programme, Food for all by the year 2000 Programme, Petroleum Trust Fund, SURE Programme, FSS 2020, Vision 2020, greatest economy by 2050. I want CHANGE now! Excuse me while i go and put on my generator.. smiley

2 Likes

Re: Obama Declares Nigeria As The World’s Next-Economic Giant by IKdImpeccable(m): 10:11am On Aug 28, 2012
i hope this plan is not an extentionist intention to use Nigeria as a gateway to implant Africa with his 666 policy. Obama please, stay on your own ooooooooooooooo! hooooohaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa! we are non-aligned, we no want trouble oooooooooo!

1 Like

Re: Obama Declares Nigeria As The World’s Next-Economic Giant by chyziani: 10:11am On Aug 28, 2012
On what basis? On mere assumptions ör rather presumption? *LaUgH* I wouldn`t mind that heaven-of-a miracle happening sha. Wait a minute, with this `perpetual` power supply we`ve been having since our independence, guess its possible... O ye Nigerians of likkle faith!
Re: Obama Declares Nigeria As The World’s Next-Economic Giant by Truman155(m): 10:14am On Aug 28, 2012
Our oil is doing the trick for us. Usa dont even care about this country they are just being diplomatic because of the oil in sokoto and because they are afraid of china they view all of yall as notin more than a market to sell their rejected goods they want to colonise us americans are the baaaaadest people on earth if we reject this offer they wil blackmail us just look at what is going on in iran it is because they formd ties with usa in conclution only africa7(nigeria) knows africas (nigerias) problem and only africa(nigeria) can solve africas(nigeria) problem nat usa or china

1 Like

Re: Obama Declares Nigeria As The World’s Next-Economic Giant by omar22(m): 10:17am On Aug 28, 2012
I think Obama must be smoking the wrong type of Cigar I think the word thats missing is "potential"
Re: Obama Declares Nigeria As The World’s Next-Economic Giant by laykhorn(m): 10:19am On Aug 28, 2012
Ijebulogic: Enough "Posting" please - Water for all by 1990 Programme, Food for all by the year 2000 Programme, Petroleum Trust Fund, SURE Programme, FSS 2020, Vision 2020, greatest economy by 2050. I want CHANGE now! Excuse me while i go and put on my generator.. smiley
hahaha!!! Mahn! This got me laffin.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Borno Lawmaker Kneeling Before Shettima - As Shared By Dan-Borno On Twitter / APC Govs Forum Zone NASS Offices, Favour S'south For Senate President - PT / North Ready To Chase Jonathan Out Of Power In 2015 - Arewa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.