Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,171 members, 7,815,098 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:15 AM

13 Killed By Gunmen In Port Harcourt - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 13 Killed By Gunmen In Port Harcourt (4090 Views)

Fresh Boko Haram Attacks In Niger Republic, 13 Killed / Traders Arrest Six Armed ‘Boko-Haram’ Gunmen In Maiduguri / Petrol Station Manager Killed By Gunmen In Maiduguri (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

13 Killed By Gunmen In Port Harcourt by Mamajama(m): 9:58pm On Jan 01, 2008
Fighting Rocks Nigerian Oil City

At least 13 people have been killed in attacks by gunmen on two police stations and a hotel in the Nigerian oil city of Port Harcourt.

Four police officers and six attackers died along with three civilians who were hit by stray bullets in an attack on one of the police stations.

Several other people are reported to have been killed in an attack on a night club in the city

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/africa/7167294.stm

This is not a way to bring in the new year. The federal government has to do something fast to stop this animal act.
Re: 13 Killed By Gunmen In Port Harcourt by oldie(m): 10:09pm On Jan 01, 2008
18 people were killed, including five policemen
Something has to be done, urgently!
Re: 13 Killed By Gunmen In Port Harcourt by tobaaro(m): 10:11pm On Jan 01, 2008
Ds is a new year mamajama!!   Y ds kind bad news??
Lets leave d Govt out 4 now!
Evry Govt of evry country has ds Problems,
But I think we shuld Pray 4 families of those involved!

And try 2 move on!! cheesy
Re: 13 Killed By Gunmen In Port Harcourt by cute9jaguy(m): 10:15pm On Jan 01, 2008
God help me o,i ought to travel back this week.Oga o
Re: 13 Killed By Gunmen In Port Harcourt by ojenew: 10:18pm On Jan 01, 2008
Hmmmm my brother we need God's intervention no be small oooo.have heard several times of how millitants levelled police staions in porthacourt carting away with police guns that are suppose to protect the citizens.millitants are now after the police not police after milliants shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

curfew was just lifted yesterday by the gorvernor oooooo
Re: 13 Killed By Gunmen In Port Harcourt by funloving(m): 10:18pm On Jan 01, 2008
Yar Adua's govt should focus on destroying these criminal elements in the Niger Delta rather fighting Tooth and Nail to remove Nuhu Ribadu as EFCC Boss
Re: 13 Killed By Gunmen In Port Harcourt by funloving(m): 10:20pm On Jan 01, 2008
It is because of people like Odili and Ibori, men that Ribadu would love to skin alive, that we have such crimes committed in the Niger Delta.
If these men had used the money they received every month from the federation account to develop their states we won't be starting the new year with such terrible news.

May the hottest part of hell be reserved for all those who have stolen our money and now want to use the present government to hide from prosecution
Re: 13 Killed By Gunmen In Port Harcourt by ojenew: 10:34pm On Jan 01, 2008
May the hottest part of hell be reserved for all those who have stolen our money and now want to use the present government to hide from prosecution
[quote][/quote]
a big amen to that!!!!
Re: 13 Killed By Gunmen In Port Harcourt by topkin(m): 10:58pm On Jan 01, 2008
I'm not surpriseed at all. It's a regular over there!
Re: 13 Killed By Gunmen In Port Harcourt by angolag(m): 10:59pm On Jan 01, 2008
Very bad begining for this year 2008.I strongly believe that the recent MOU signed with the Federal Government of Nigeria with the millitants is not been adhered to.The recent bombardment of Ateke Tom hide out /strong hold by the JTF is a sign of insecerity meaning the amnesty granted to the millitants was not genuine.

The Federal Government should go into a seriouse dialogue with this millitants afterall they all humans. This guys are real dare devils.
Re: 13 Killed By Gunmen In Port Harcourt by cute9jaguy(m): 12:11am On Jan 02, 2008
Actually,i'm not suprised,i got a call this afternoon that you could hear bullets around, the place sef don tire me.
When Ateke's hideout was raided, i knew it was an open invitation to violence.
How can you sign a peace deal with the govt. today and ur camp raided the next day? Hmmm,i think there's more to this.
Anyway,God Knows we are innocent and will save us from the evil that flies by day and the noisome pestilense!
Re: 13 Killed By Gunmen In Port Harcourt by hbrednic: 12:20am On Jan 02, 2008
my people dis na new yr day,
me i no see,i no hear dis kin wicked news.
embarassed embarassed embarassed
Re: 13 Killed By Gunmen In Port Harcourt by ThugLife1(m): 2:01am On Jan 02, 2008
cry cry cry
Re: 13 Killed By Gunmen In Port Harcourt by Mamajama(m): 4:23am On Jan 02, 2008
New year, so if this poor policemen or the victims in this crime, will you be asking us to forget about this bad news because its a new year? or will you be calling for justice?

This act is barbaric and this is the year we must all resent this stupid act or terrorism from this animals as i called them.
Re: 13 Killed By Gunmen In Port Harcourt by ndubest(m): 8:00am On Jan 02, 2008
Sad news for the new year

RIP for the dead
Re: 13 Killed By Gunmen In Port Harcourt by kliverpool(m): 8:32am On Jan 02, 2008
Too bad
TIMI(west African idol winner) was shot too hope he will not die with his wonderful voice
Re: 13 Killed By Gunmen In Port Harcourt by otokx(m): 9:35am On Jan 02, 2008
I think the 12pm - 5am curfew should be reimposed to minimize the level of damage. Night movement whether clubbing or night vigil should be discouraged and Government should stop acting insincerely. This Ateke and Co are products of the political class; now they want to use a military solution which will not punish them politicians.
Re: 13 Killed By Gunmen In Port Harcourt by question(m): 9:48am On Jan 02, 2008
One step forward, ten steps backwards.
Original Reverse Gear.

Na wa for this una country sef.
What a way to start/celebrate the new year.
Re: 13 Killed By Gunmen In Port Harcourt by cute9jaguy(m): 10:58am On Jan 02, 2008
kliverpool:

TIMI(west African idol winner) was shot too hope he will not die with his wonderful voice

yeah,i hope he wont,thats a sad one there.
9ja for show.
Re: 13 Killed By Gunmen In Port Harcourt by joycexz(f): 1:03pm On Jan 02, 2008
[/quote][quote author=kliverpool link=topic=103034.msg1812728#msg1812728 date=1199259151]
Too bad

please where did u get that info from? I hope it's not true. Its very sad that a city like Ph should be experiencing this problems. its really a shame.
Re: 13 Killed By Gunmen In Port Harcourt by Dalby(m): 2:38pm On Jan 02, 2008
joycexz:

please where did u get that info from? I hope it's not true. Its very sad that a city like Ph should be experiencing this problems. its really a shame.

Timi is ok and receiving treatment at the military base hospital.
Re: 13 Killed By Gunmen In Port Harcourt by ifyalways(f): 3:14pm On Jan 02, 2008
Dalby:

Timi is ok and receiving treatment at the military base hospital.
pls which timi are we talking of here?is it the one time Mr nigeria ?

@topic its such a sad news.
may God protect us this year.
Re: 13 Killed By Gunmen In Port Harcourt by Dalby(m): 4:51pm On Jan 02, 2008
The winner of the West African Idols, from Bayelsa state.
Re: 13 Killed By Gunmen In Port Harcourt by SweetT1: 5:41pm On Jan 02, 2008
[b][b]1) Riot killed hundreds in Kenya

2) 13 Killed in Port Harcourt

3) Houses burnt in Kaduna

4) Uprising in Ekiti

5) Ethnic cleansing in rwanda

6) Congo in political turmoil

7) Bhutto killed in Pakistan.

etc etc etc
[/b]

F**king glorified monkies. When will you learn to resolve diputes with dialogue and diplomacy. It's always violence for you Animals. How could anybody shed the blood of another hum[/b]an beings. Freaking morons !!!!
Re: 13 Killed By Gunmen In Port Harcourt by ifyalways(f): 5:56pm On Jan 02, 2008
Dalby:

The winner of the West African Idols, from Bayelsa state.
the timi that am talking of is still from bayelsa state.from odi town precisely.
anyway thanks,i wud check it out to see if its the same dude.
Re: 13 Killed By Gunmen In Port Harcourt by Nobody: 7:01pm On Jan 02, 2008
the fear of militants is the beginning of wisdom
Re: 13 Killed By Gunmen In Port Harcourt by ogrebuga(m): 7:40pm On Jan 02, 2008
May the souls of the innocent rest in peace
Re: 13 Killed By Gunmen In Port Harcourt by odada(m): 11:09pm On Jan 02, 2008
@topic
GOD HELP NIGERIA embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed
Re: 13 Killed By Gunmen In Port Harcourt by LiquidMind(m): 12:23am On Jan 03, 2008
I  think many of you are not aware of the big bang theory,   You can only create order out of chaos.

Our government are the ones sponsoring the millitants secretly And there is a secrete agenda going on. 
I  know most of you are not aware of the fact that we are sliding into a civil war  gradually

I guess most of you are waiting for NTA news to tell you so before you realize

(Just Remember )   There is a method to the MADNESS you see
Re: 13 Killed By Gunmen In Port Harcourt by willy4: 12:49am On Jan 03, 2008
LiquidMind:

I  know most of you are not aware of the fact that we are sliding into a civil war  gradually,
We are almost on the blink of war, but the war is between Republic of IJAW versus Republic of Fulani/Hausa/Yoruba.
But Ijaws most be watchful and focus, because ISHEKIRI may act as spies for the Fulani/Yoruba/Hausa. but by the Grace of God Ijaws will come out of the war Victorious
Re: 13 Killed By Gunmen In Port Harcourt by akinnaija(m): 2:11am On Jan 03, 2008
Do you guys think Yar Adua knows what he is doing on that seat.
When Omehia was busy trying to put Rivers State back on track and the guy brought in some touts claiming he is following justice.

There are somethings in naija that requires drastic actions not proper or due process simply because things have gone out of hands. The battle of PH was almost won before our dumb Aso man upheld the judiciary's judgement.

I simply think that Rivers State still has a long way to go.
Shooting is not a normal thing but people have just refused to address the pertinent issues,
U can never use a crooked ruler to draw a straight line.

I wish I don't have to resume work back in PH
Re: 13 Killed By Gunmen In Port Harcourt by FKseun(m): 6:47am On Jan 03, 2008
Too many ignorant and childish comments, I would say
Please stop making comments about what you know not! Instead ask for genuine info from those living there. Some talked about a civil war as if it's a computer game. Were they born during the last civil war? Do they know what a war is? Wake up guys!

(1) (2) (Reply)

Nigeria And China Sign $23bn Deal For Three Refineries / Goodluck Jonathan Approved The Construction Of A $3.5 Billion Electricity Grid / 2015 BENUE GOVERNORSHIP : CAN IDOMA BREAK THE 38 YEAR JINX ?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.