Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,006 members, 7,835,417 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 09:53 AM

Apple Identifies Samsung-Products (Phones) To Ban - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Apple Identifies Samsung-Products (Phones) To Ban (12237 Views)

Lagosians You Can Get Free Repairs For Your Samsung Products / How To Identify Fake Samsung Products And Other Brands / Activate Sms Delivery Report On Your Phones To Confirm Delivery (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Apple Identifies Samsung-Products (Phones) To Ban by Nobody: 4:20pm On Aug 28, 2012
Re: Apple Identifies Samsung-Products (Phones) To Ban by Nobody: 4:23pm On Aug 28, 2012
This is another trade war between USA and South Korea. This has nothing to do with Apple and Samsung in the real sense. How can a company have patent right on a "Square" "rectangle" design; These are natural symbols. Its plain silly if you ask me. Fvck Apple. I am beginning to hate my iPhone, they started all these nonsense. Steve Jobs, I dont know what to tell you.
Re: Apple Identifies Samsung-Products (Phones) To Ban by 76Naira(m): 4:28pm On Aug 28, 2012
When the west gave up leadership in manufacturing, that was the big wrong step.

Look at the current list of largest steel producers on earth (only number one is Luxembourg. Next 10 are from Asia)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_steel_producers

look at the list of nations with 90% of the world's ship building (Asia)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shipbuilding

Finally, take a look at the world's population by continent

Re: Apple Identifies Samsung-Products (Phones) To Ban by davida222(m): 4:30pm On Aug 28, 2012
joanana: I will never buy the stwepid i - rubbish, not in a million years!!!Android for life They can sue Sammy but they cant stop them!!! Sammy will always be ahead.
yea u rite I-phone is not 4 ladies, i wud advice u stik to u crak berry. And did u just say adriod U shuld be a tomboy. Piss out
Re: Apple Identifies Samsung-Products (Phones) To Ban by na2day(m): 4:31pm On Aug 28, 2012
~Bluetooth:

Stop spamming the board.They should pay for the fraud they commited simple.

Don't worry your Apple too is about to receive a kick in the balls! grin

Here is the list of patents they are infringing! grin

The patents:

5,883,580: Patent relates to processing messages in the context of space and time. Motorola says Apple’s location-reminders infringe upon this patent. - Reminiscent of the location reminders in iOS, but this seems to deal with messages. No word about reminders.

5,922,047: Patent relates to communications and control systems for multimedia, particularly “control over a plurality of media applications including telephony, video conferencing, analog video, digital video, and AC power line signaling …” Motorola says the iPhone and iPad infringe on this patent. - Holds water, but seems like an essential patent (the ability to control anything over WiFi)

6,425,002: Patent is for communications devices, ensuring apps installed only receive messages of interest.

6,983,370: This patent relates to continuity between messaging client, particularly the ability to sync messaging capabilities of multiple devices. Motorola says all Apple devices infringe on this patent, except the iPod and Apple TV. - Essentially, iMessage

6,493,673: Patent is for communications devices that are capable of providing interactive services. This involves a prompt, input mechanism and converting audible user input into a text string. - Essentially, Siri, but seems like an essential patent for speech recognition for commands.

7,007,064: Patent discloses an “apparatus and method for obtaining and managing wirelessly communicated content.” - Essentially, iCloud

7,383,983: Patent is for managing content between devices in various domains. The patent also relates to “pausing content in one device and resuming playback of the content in another device.” - Airplay/iCloud

In my personal opinion, these all seem fairly essential patents the current day-and-age. You simply cannot do stuff you expect mobile-connected devices to do without these. (control your wifi-connected media centre with your cell phone etc...) Apple should've licensed them, and should now pay out the arse for them!

This is another story from 'look-and-feel' patents entirely. This is the belly of the beast that is the current patent system: patent every possible application of every new technology. All tech companies do it, Apple does it a lot. I seriously hope something changes. It would not be good for technology if this system continues to run amok.

2 Likes

Re: Apple Identifies Samsung-Products (Phones) To Ban by na2day(m): 4:35pm On Aug 28, 2012
Like i said in the other thread!
The steve Job's thermonuclear war had just been declared! grin

Google Has Had Enough: Files Lawsuit To Ban Multiple Apple Products through Motorola!

2 Likes

Re: Apple Identifies Samsung-Products (Phones) To Ban by Nobody: 4:42pm On Aug 28, 2012
na2day!:

Don't worry your Apple too is about to receive a kick in the balls! grin

Here is the list of patents they are infringing! grin

The patents:

5,883,580: Patent relates to processing messages in the context of space and time. Motorola says Apple’s location-reminders infringe upon this patent. - Reminiscent of the location reminders in iOS, but this seems to deal with messages. No word about reminders.

5,922,047: Patent relates to communications and control systems for multimedia, particularly “control over a plurality of media applications including telephony, video conferencing, analog video, digital video, and AC power line signaling …” Motorola says the iPhone and iPad infringe on this patent. - Holds water, but seems like an essential patent (the ability to control anything over WiFi)

6,425,002: Patent is for communications devices, ensuring apps installed only receive messages of interest.

6,983,370: This patent relates to continuity between messaging client, particularly the ability to sync messaging capabilities of multiple devices. Motorola says all Apple devices infringe on this patent, except the iPod and Apple TV. - Essentially, iMessage

6,493,673: Patent is for communications devices that are capable of providing interactive services. This involves a prompt, input mechanism and converting audible user input into a text string. - Essentially, Siri, but seems like an essential patent for speech recognition for commands.

7,007,064: Patent discloses an “apparatus and method for obtaining and managing wirelessly communicated content.” - Essentially, iCloud

7,383,983: Patent is for managing content between devices in various domains. The patent also relates to “pausing content in one device and resuming playback of the content in another device.” - Airplay/iCloud

In my personal opinion, these all seem fairly essential patents the current day-and-age. You simply cannot do stuff you expect mobile-connected devices to do without these. (control your wifi-connected media centre with your cell phone etc...) Apple should've licensed them, and should now pay out the arse for them!

This is another story from 'look-and-feel' patents entirely. This is the belly of the beast that is the current patent system: patent every possible application of every new technology. All tech companies do it, Apple does it a lot. I seriously hope something changes. It would not be good for technology if this system continues to run amok.

The only innovation I knew Motorola for was v3 blade. tongue
Re: Apple Identifies Samsung-Products (Phones) To Ban by na2day(m): 4:50pm On Aug 28, 2012
~Bluetooth:

The only innovation I knew Motorola for was v3 blade. tongue

grin grin grin grin grin

Na so you think abi? grin
Are you aware Motorola patented the idea of putting the phone's antenna inside the body of the phone, yeah! lol grin
When the sh.it hits the fan, just remember!
Apple fired the first salvo!

3 Likes

Re: Apple Identifies Samsung-Products (Phones) To Ban by masterpiecer(m): 4:53pm On Aug 28, 2012
Apple is just too scared to death about samsung's innovations, no wonder the ingenious galaxy s3 beats iphone 4s in comparison

apple sucks cos of itune, samsung is limitless, easy asses to downloads n apps purchase
Re: Apple Identifies Samsung-Products (Phones) To Ban by joanana(f): 4:58pm On Aug 28, 2012
D.A.V.E:

O girl nah long tin u dey talk, ppl shout android for ma ear sote I sell ma iphone go buy d mumu android n now I dey vex 4 masef eryday now, I kant wait to buy back ma lovely iphone back

I - what? that phone is total nonsense. Yeah i was once Symbian fan , but when i discovered the beauty of droid phones, i was delivered. Your freaking I - rubbish is useful in Europe , not in Naija. Imagine a phone when u have a battery problem, u have to get a new phone. You cant swap batteries? shocked shocked shocked. That's total crap!!! Android all the way!!!! grin grin grin grin grin.

No vex which android phone you buy? I hope its not tecno? grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Apple Identifies Samsung-Products (Phones) To Ban by na2day(m): 4:59pm On Aug 28, 2012
grin grin grin grin

While apple was bullying competing hardware manufacturers (OEMs), Google was calmly putting together its war chest. Not even secret about it. Motorola has tons of very powerful patents, patents that pretty much make mobile phones what they are today, and are genuine innovations, rather than vague patents like apple likes to enforce. Google was wise to buy Motorola, now they can back up android and any device maker who uses android, and give them some much needed ammunition against the other two 800 lb gorillas in the arena. Yes I consider Microsoft one, they may be lacking in the mobile department, but they are still a big player. After all, it's only a matter of time before they outright purchase Nokia, and use their patents to start laying some hurt on Google and apple.

My best guess is, Apple's going to purchase RIM next, if they're smart.

Hopefully this whole mess will bring attention to the broken patent system, which is not spurring innovation at this point.

3 Likes

Re: Apple Identifies Samsung-Products (Phones) To Ban by Rhino5dm: 5:02pm On Aug 28, 2012
Fucck i-Shiite. Galaxy S lll all the way. can't trade my Sammy boy with any i-nonsense.

Full HD 4.8" view and browsing with the speed of light.

1 Like

Re: Apple Identifies Samsung-Products (Phones) To Ban by AjanleKoko: 5:03pm On Aug 28, 2012
76Naira: When the west gave up leadership in manufacturing, that was the big wrong step.

Look at the current list of largest steel producers on earth (only number one is Luxembourg. Next 10 are from Asia)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_steel_producers

Actually ArcelorMittal is now owned by an Indian.
Re: Apple Identifies Samsung-Products (Phones) To Ban by na2day(m): 5:04pm On Aug 28, 2012
Rhino.5dm:
Bleep i-Shiite. Galaxy S lll all the way. can't trade my Sammy boy with any i-nonsense.

Full HD view and browsing with the speed of light.

grin grin grin

Sammie is already working on Galaxy S 4, and apple is already going batshit grin
And i tell ya, S4 is gonna work like Harry porter's wand! grin grin grin
Re: Apple Identifies Samsung-Products (Phones) To Ban by sixbon2000(m): 5:23pm On Aug 28, 2012
This is really going to affect Samsung. Their stocks are falling already

Re: Apple Identifies Samsung-Products (Phones) To Ban by ayox20003: 5:30pm On Aug 28, 2012
But Apple really broke Samsungs back.

Samsung lost $10billion dollars yesterday. Investors sold their shares rightaway.

To recoup their loss, Samsung would just have to increase the prices of chips they sell to Apple.

I see a flop in mini-Ipad's launch in September.

S3 for life. wink

Frawzey
Re: Apple Identifies Samsung-Products (Phones) To Ban by anitank(f): 5:40pm On Aug 28, 2012
This is really sad. I was never a samsung fan but am in love with their note. Priced it 2 weeks ago at SLOT and it was about 66,000. Was waiting to get my salary so I'd get one. But I went today and the price has gone up to 88,500 cry cry
Re: Apple Identifies Samsung-Products (Phones) To Ban by Pangea: 5:41pm On Aug 28, 2012
anitank: This is really sad. I was never a samsung fan but am in love with their note. Priced it 2 weeks ago at SLOT and it was about 66,000. Was waiting to get my salary so I'd get one. But I went today and the price has gone up to 88,500 cry cry

grin Blame apple!
Re: Apple Identifies Samsung-Products (Phones) To Ban by jereal(m): 5:51pm On Aug 28, 2012
Apple being original...?!
wasn't the iphone's design borrowed from an idea originally conceived by Sony...?!
Re: Apple Identifies Samsung-Products (Phones) To Ban by kayjegs: 6:10pm On Aug 28, 2012
Sincerely, Samsung really copied many Apple's product and patents and I dont think that is right, Simple! So it is deserved... It is not fair to steal another person's intellectual property...
Re: Apple Identifies Samsung-Products (Phones) To Ban by babyboy3(m): 6:16pm On Aug 28, 2012
Agiliti:

there's absolutely nothing monopolistic about that the court ruling. if anything samsung was trying to be monopolistic and unininovative by copying apple's designs instead of creating their own and adding more diversity to the market. if there's one thing i respect apple for, it's their design and the fact that they created something that works and stuck to it. look at the iphone 1 and iphone 4; subtle differences, but same shape (just like the 1963 porsche 911 and the 2012 model).

this is why people pay money to file patents man, kia copies porsche's patented design to build a 911 imitation, puts a bugatti engine in it and the new car sells more than the original porsche itself, what do you think porsche would do?

Didn't a company (I think Chinese company) take Apple to court saying that the iphone was their idea only for the court to throw the case out. so what they copied their technology! The main fact this action would even boost the sale of Samsung phones round the world which could easily hurt Apple so bad
Re: Apple Identifies Samsung-Products (Phones) To Ban by Pimples(m): 6:18pm On Aug 28, 2012
A PATENT is a form of intellectual property. It consists of a set of exclusive rights granted by a sovereign state to an inventor or their assignee for a limited period of time in exchange for the public disclosure of an invention
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Patent

Intellectual Property cannot be properly appreciciated in this part of the world where pratically everything is either copied or pirated. From Business ideas to books. Everything. Even our Gorvenment hardly ever creates anything new. Well my Point is that SAMSUNG Intentionally infringed on Intellectual Property that took several years to create not to talk of the money involved.
Imagine you were involved in the research how will you feel?
Re: Apple Identifies Samsung-Products (Phones) To Ban by chucky234(m): 6:19pm On Aug 28, 2012
In as much as I love SGS3 I think Samsung should do without copying from HTC and Apple,at the moment the competition is between the three companies but HTC is the only innovative company among them.
HTC manufactured softwares for top companies like Apple,Samsung,Motorola,Noka and LG.
I am still loving my S3,One X and iphone4 sha.
Re: Apple Identifies Samsung-Products (Phones) To Ban by Caseless: 6:25pm On Aug 28, 2012
My qstion is, has any1 gon 2 foneshop 2 buy i-fone and mistakenly bought sam-galaxy? They did this wit HTC nd they cudn't nail HTC wit any of d 12 charges of 'infrigin on patents' leveled against HTC. Apple nid 2 apologise 2 their customas 4 dz 'ballsup'!
Re: Apple Identifies Samsung-Products (Phones) To Ban by chucky234(m): 6:30pm On Aug 28, 2012
Billyonaire: This is another trade war between USA and South Korea. This has nothing to do with Apple and Samsung in the real sense. How can a company have patent right on a "Square" "rectangle" design; These are natural symbols. Its plain silly if you ask me. Fvck Apple. I am beginning to hate my iPhone, they started all these nonsense. Steve Jobs, I dont know what to tell you.
Hit me when you are ready to part with your iphone,can't do with my 4S though am in love with my GS3 and HTC One X but my bold4 does much more for me.
Re: Apple Identifies Samsung-Products (Phones) To Ban by chucky234(m): 6:38pm On Aug 28, 2012
baby-boy:

Didn't a company (I think Chinese company) take Apple to court saying that the iphone was their idea only for the court to throw the case out. so what they copied their technology! The main fact this action would even boost the sale of Samsung phones round the world which could easily hurt Apple so bad
Everything about Apple na borrow borrow,patents ooo,software ooo and apps all na borrow borrow. Even the designs na Chinese brains do am while come dey lie say na for USA dem design their products,na wen Chinese govt provoke na him Apple come begin dey put for back of their products say "design in the US,assembled in China". Na for Chinese people design and manufactured all Apple products.
But I still dey gbadun my i-real 4s sha
Re: Apple Identifies Samsung-Products (Phones) To Ban by Nobody: 6:50pm On Aug 28, 2012
Abeg when will dey flood d phones to their dump site nigeria make I buy am cheap grin grin
Re: Apple Identifies Samsung-Products (Phones) To Ban by Nobody: 6:59pm On Aug 28, 2012
chucky234: Hit me when you are ready to part with your iphone,can't do with my 4S though am in love with my GS3 and HTC One X but my bold4 does much more for me.

o boy ur airtel line no dey connect o, i need a 4s sha
Re: Apple Identifies Samsung-Products (Phones) To Ban by OmoTier1(m): 7:15pm On Aug 28, 2012
Apple is going the way of HP! I can not trade my Sammy for any stupid i-nonsense ... because of their useless patent war I missed my Galaxy Tab wide screen and I went for I-pad 3. All bull crap... the i-pad 3 gets so hot when you run high graphics application on it! My sammy is a reliable paddy, anytime any day, my sammy never falls my hand! Even at airports, all those immigration and board control agency officers dey bow! At Pearson Intl in Toronto, nah so the immigration officer dey look my Sammy so tey him come take style ask, what model and version me get as He like the phone, nah him me tell am sey nah this be the recommended phone for business men wey dem head correct !

Apple claims they are original, but 'us' know better! Sammy III ...Design for Humans cheesy i-phone ....made for clowns

1 Like

Re: Apple Identifies Samsung-Products (Phones) To Ban by Nobody: 7:27pm On Aug 28, 2012
yes samsung's stock fell 7.5 percent big deal,that is about 12.5 million however if we are talking about copying then Ford should sue all car makers after all cars copied Henry Ford's prtotype,then General Electric should sue every one who has an electric bulb designed by Edison and Tesla...we shouldnt stop there,the peoplw who started sliced bread should sue bakeries etc.
the case was judged in an American court very close to silicon valley and apple'sHQ.
they had taken the case to South Korea but the judge was fair,throwing the case out saying they copied each other
case was also throw out in Europe and in the uk

Samsung is looking like the underdog and this might play in its favor as most people esp in the UK see it as American playing favorites.
Meanwhile Americans will be stuck with only Apple as most phone makers will start avoididng them...
America are really not making friends these days

1 Like

Re: Apple Identifies Samsung-Products (Phones) To Ban by Nobody: 7:37pm On Aug 28, 2012
apple also gets most of its parts from samsung
Re: Apple Identifies Samsung-Products (Phones) To Ban by deols(f): 7:53pm On Aug 28, 2012
androids all d way!!!!!!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Classical Background Images For Innjoo(injury) & Others. / TECNO, Honor And Others Voted Best Phones At The Mobile World Congress MWC2023 / How To Install Whatsapp On Nokia C1 And Other Nokia Phones

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.