Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,206 members, 7,818,705 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:15 PM

Do All Nigerian Critics Suffer From Joshua Complex? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Do All Nigerian Critics Suffer From Joshua Complex? (537 Views)

El-rufai To Critics : GO AND DIE If You're Not Happy Over My Appointees / Tinubu Must Beg Saraki Else His Ministerial Nominees Will Suffer / The National Assembly Complex: A Closer Look (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Do All Nigerian Critics Suffer From Joshua Complex? by lagosapple: 11:55am On Aug 28, 2012
I read this interesting piece suggesting that all critics suffer from Joshua complex. It defined it this way:" He is suffering from the disease of every critic - double Joshua complex – the desire to see the sun and the moon stand still until Nigeria is transformed and the desire to march around the wall of Aso Rock blowing trumpets until it falls."

I read the Joshua complex to mean critics' refusal to accept that change does not happen overnight and their willingness to keep making noise until the thing that connects us falls. I may be wrong. What's your take?

For more read: http://saharareporters.com/column/jonathan-fear-reuben-rudolf-ogoo-okonkwo
Re: Do All Nigerian Critics Suffer From Joshua Complex? by kunlekunle: 12:04pm On Aug 28, 2012
The president was looking for a crying shoulder,
Re: Do All Nigerian Critics Suffer From Joshua Complex? by lagosapple: 12:33pm On Aug 28, 2012
I think so, Kunle.
Re: Do All Nigerian Critics Suffer From Joshua Complex? by seunfly: 5:05am On Aug 29, 2012
Yes, again average Nigerian always blame somebody for anything that happen just because we all want to tranfer our greviances on some one else, gov, boss, wife etc it is not that things are okay but we have to make constructive criticism acknowledge d good and point out the bad not blame game (Nigerian type) If rain fall too much it is gov, you dump refuse infront of your house and now flood it is gov, every thing is gov. No we have to know everybody's duty (you, i, and goverment) in the society. When last have u dischage ur own duty properly to the society.
Re: Do All Nigerian Critics Suffer From Joshua Complex? by koruji(m): 5:14am On Aug 29, 2012
What a sad excuse for incompetence and greed!!!

It is probably best to force a standstill & reverse when your driver is speeding towards an on-rushing train without a "damn" smiley

(1) (Reply)

Police Shot 12 Year Old Boy To Death / PDP At 14, Lists Achievements, Orders Sombre Celebration / Between Jonathan And His Critics

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.