Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,839 members, 7,810,223 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 12:44 AM

Why Do Men/guys Claim To Be Single On Socialnetworks? - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Why Do Men/guys Claim To Be Single On Socialnetworks? (3259 Views)

Why Do Men Cheat Vs Why Did The Chicken Cross The Road / Discuss Dostoyevsky's Claim (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Do Men/guys Claim To Be Single On Socialnetworks? by HumbledbYGrace(f): 9:21pm On Aug 28, 2012
Almost every guy claims to be single on any socialnetwork will tell u that he is single only to find the opposite.

Secondly why do they say they love you and then later say the distance is too much for them to handle?

Does this kind of relationships work out to the extent that marriage is due?

Thirdly is love controlled by race? I'm just confused.

Please, if you have nothing meaningful to say just leave the post than hauling insults.
Re: Why Do Men/guys Claim To Be Single On Socialnetworks? by THESuperman(m): 12:04am On Sep 03, 2012
I can't rember the answer I gave her....? Buh I guess it was the truth I gave out
Re: Why Do Men/guys Claim To Be Single On Socialnetworks? by HumbledbYGrace(f): 6:09am On Sep 03, 2012
In most cases its all boring cz we all know wen a guy ask u out on a socialnetwork he is flipping lying.Aint no single men!nada
Re: Why Do Men/guys Claim To Be Single On Socialnetworks? by djeezy(m): 2:11pm On Sep 04, 2012
@Op, your question is a valid one but it lacks jurisdiction, meaning that it is not supposed to be here. If it was in the court of law, it would render the whole proceedings a nullity. Lol, nevertheless I'll profer an answer to your burning question. Just recently I noticed my elder brother had deleted his wedding pics he posted on facebook some years back, then I had an inkling that he had starting seeing another woman. I couldn't say word when the same girl knew he was married and still chose to have fun. What I think is that no matter the relationship status you give to a girl/woman, if she wants you, she'll ignore that and still run after you. Then the chief reason why men claim to be single is still to explore and have fun with girls. Those ones believe they'll get nothing if she realises that they are not single.
Re: Why Do Men/guys Claim To Be Single On Socialnetworks? by HumbledbYGrace(f): 4:16pm On Sep 04, 2012
Lol,I just needed to know from a male pesperctive/point of view.I prefer the truth,if ur taken say so.so that I will not do sumthin m gonna regret for the rest of my life.Say u tell me ur taken and I fall inlove with u how m I gonna get myself out?knowing that m with the man I will neva call my own?another thing as a woman,watchin u cheat on ur wife or partner wat does that mean?YOUR still GONNA CHEAT ON ME.
Re: Why Do Men/guys Claim To Be Single On Socialnetworks? by djeezy(m): 4:22pm On Sep 04, 2012
HumbledbYGrace: Lol,I just needed to know from a male pesperctive/point of view.I prefer the truth,if ur taken say so.so that I will not do sumthin m gonna regret for the rest of my life.Say u tell me ur taken and I fall inlove with u how m I gonna get myself out?knowing that m with the man I will neva call my own?another thing as a woman,watchin u cheat on ur wife or partner wat does that mean?YOUR still GONNA CHEAT ON ME.
Well I get your point of view sha but haven't you heared of husband, boyfriend snatchers? Lol. Some girls believe the moment they start having an affair with a married man, they can do anything to drive the woman(wife) away and occupy. What do you think?
Re: Why Do Men/guys Claim To Be Single On Socialnetworks? by HumbledbYGrace(f): 4:55pm On Sep 04, 2012
djeezy: Well I get your point of view sha but haven't you heared of husband, boyfriend snatchers? Lol. Some girls believe the moment they start having an affair with a married man, they can do anything to drive the woman(wife) away and occupy. What do you think?
I know of people like that but m not one.I was lied to before,the moment I found out,I was hurt and wanted revenge,I had the guys picture with me and I send them to his friend,I still like hs friend cz he posted the photo of the guy and me on youtube,it was crazy tho he tried to delete it.and I on the other side emailed the girlfriend of my ex the convensations I had with him,but then I later apologised,that's not my kind of a game.That's y I hv decided to b in control and single
Re: Why Do Men/guys Claim To Be Single On Socialnetworks? by Jayboy124: 7:25am On Sep 05, 2012
Most relationships now are complicated. I had a facebook marriage status at one point even while I was still single. It was lotta fun. I still had new friends adding me then.

Truth is most girls like single guys shah and guys wanna say they're single to keep the ball rolling.

About the whole asking someone out online, our worlds now are both virtual and real. So someone can trullly love you virtually. But you don't expect to be in Australlia (that is you are in Nigeria) to love you the same someone in the same state with you would.
Re: Why Do Men/guys Claim To Be Single On Socialnetworks? by HumbledbYGrace(f): 8:18am On Sep 05, 2012
Jayboy124: Most relationships now are complicated. I had a facebook marriage status at one point even while I was still single. It was lotta fun. I still had new friends adding me then.

Truth is most girls like single guys shah and guys wanna say they're single to keep the ball rolling.

About the whole asking someone out online, our worlds now are both virtual and real. So someone can trullly love you virtually. But you don't expect to be in Australlia (that is you are in Nigeria) to love you the same someone in the same state with you would.

Ur right there but r u saying that asking someone online is da same as asking someone out @ a church meeting,party,school,work or @ da bar?wat I hate bwt online thingy is the distance and I always ask myself if u ask me out online,how many gals hv u asked already?
Re: Why Do Men/guys Claim To Be Single On Socialnetworks? by Jayboy124: 9:00pm On Sep 05, 2012
Someone can also ask someone else out offline after asking you out offline too. So, it not only online that a person can ask many girls out.

I think there is virtual romance, a romance that is just online.

People love the whole bodily contacts and all, but sometimes distance won't let that and the relationship remains virtual.
Re: Why Do Men/guys Claim To Be Single On Socialnetworks? by HumbledbYGrace(f): 9:09pm On Sep 05, 2012
Jayboy124: Someone can also ask someone else out offline after asking you out offline too. So, it not only online that a person can ask many girls out.

I think there is virtual romance, a romance that is just online.

People love the whole bodily contacts and all, but sometimes distance won't let that and the relationship remains virtual.
I think I will better enjoy an online relationship,its interestin also but hard to maintain.let's get real would u date me knowin hw far iam?won't u cheat?
Re: Why Do Men/guys Claim To Be Single On Socialnetworks? by djeezy(m): 11:10am On Sep 06, 2012
HumbledbYGrace: I think I will better enjoy an online relationship,its interestin also but hard to maintain.let's get real would u date me knowin hw far iam?won't u cheat?
Yeah, the person will cheat. We humans love to hold on to what we can see and touch. Online romance to me is just a way to reduce boredom and stress. Savvy?
Re: Why Do Men/guys Claim To Be Single On Socialnetworks? by Jayboy124: 4:11pm On Sep 06, 2012
HumbledbYGrace: I think I will better enjoy an online relationship,its interestin also but hard to maintain.let's get real would u date me knowin hw far iam?won't u cheat?

Don't some people who live in the house cheat? Anyone who will cheat will, virtual or not.

My idea about online relationship is that what the person does offline shouldn't bother you. You get?
Re: Why Do Men/guys Claim To Be Single On Socialnetworks? by Jayboy124: 4:14pm On Sep 06, 2012
djeezy: Yeah, the person will cheat. We humans love to hold on to what we can see and touch. Online romance to me is just a way to reduce boredom and stress. Savvy?

Sometimes it's not to reduce boredom. Sometimes, it's an honest feeling. Like you chat someone online you trully like and share a lot in common with.
Re: Why Do Men/guys Claim To Be Single On Socialnetworks? by HumbledbYGrace(f): 11:43pm On Sep 06, 2012
Guys here is my pact.My view of this whole thing,I want to do a research and involving me.Ok!ryt.I want to see if I can date someone,be honest to that person,vice versa,see if it can lead to something solid.I want to test my patience,distance is important here but I have a target
Re: Why Do Men/guys Claim To Be Single On Socialnetworks? by shugasheg(m): 11:50pm On Sep 06, 2012
I fink its cuz dey fink dey can have somfin to do wit anygal dey see
Re: Why Do Men/guys Claim To Be Single On Socialnetworks? by HumbledbYGrace(f): 12:25am On Sep 07, 2012
shugasheg: I fink its cuz dey fink dey can have somfin to do wit anygal dey see
And because we r very decieving we just go with the flow.it should stop
Re: Why Do Men/guys Claim To Be Single On Socialnetworks? by Jayboy124: 8:32am On Sep 07, 2012
HumbledbYGrace: Guys here is my pact.My view of this whole thing,I want to do a research and involving me.Ok!ryt.I want to see if I can date someone,be honest to that person,vice versa,see if it can lead to something solid.I want to test my patience,distance is important here but I have a target

Well, goodluck with that.

People date online successfully. If you don't succeed, doesn't mean it doesn't work. And you know, unless you have enough money for the research, you can't really monitor the other person so it'll be difficult to say how honest the person is. You get my point, shay?
Re: Why Do Men/guys Claim To Be Single On Socialnetworks? by HumbledbYGrace(f): 11:06am On Sep 07, 2012
Jayboy124:

Well, goodluck with that.

People date online successfully. If you don't succeed, doesn't mean it doesn't work. And you know, unless you have enough money for the research, you can't really monitor the other person so it'll be difficult to say how honest the person is. You get my point, shay?
do I need $ to date successfully?
Re: Why Do Men/guys Claim To Be Single On Socialnetworks? by Jayboy124: 10:57pm On Sep 07, 2012
HumbledbYGrace: do I need $ to date successfully?

Isn't that what the research about? See if you can date someone honestly online successfully?
Re: Why Do Men/guys Claim To Be Single On Socialnetworks? by HumbledbYGrace(f): 11:40pm On Sep 07, 2012
M stl searching
Re: Why Do Men/guys Claim To Be Single On Socialnetworks? by Jayboy124: 7:08am On Sep 08, 2012
HumbledbYGrace: M stl searching

You need help in the search. I could help out. Just contract me.
Re: Why Do Men/guys Claim To Be Single On Socialnetworks? by HumbledbYGrace(f): 8:50am On Sep 08, 2012
Jayboy124:

You need help in the search. I could help out. Just contract me.
No thanks,ill do it myself
Re: Why Do Men/guys Claim To Be Single On Socialnetworks? by Jayboy124: 9:15am On Sep 08, 2012
HumbledbYGrace: No thanks,ill do it myself

Alrightie then. Just publish your findings of the research so I can know how it went.
Re: Why Do Men/guys Claim To Be Single On Socialnetworks? by HumbledbYGrace(f): 9:19am On Sep 08, 2012
Wat if I find him here?he might kill me trust me
Re: Why Do Men/guys Claim To Be Single On Socialnetworks? by Jayboy124: 3:16pm On Sep 08, 2012
HumbledbYGrace: Wat if I find him here?he might kill me trust me

If you find him here, means the whole stuff worked. I'm sure he wouldn't mind you and him inspiring some other people who might wanna go online dating route. It'll be quite inspirational.
Re: Why Do Men/guys Claim To Be Single On Socialnetworks? by HumbledbYGrace(f): 7:58pm On Sep 08, 2012
Jayboy124: was just saying hey

If you find him here, means the whole stuff worked. I'm sure he wouldn't mind you and him inspiring some other people who might wanna go online dating route. It'll be quite inspirational.
Re: Why Do Men/guys Claim To Be Single On Socialnetworks? by THESuperman(m): 6:13pm On Sep 09, 2012
and still go out to see other women? A man telling his fake name and fake infos to the woman? Why would they wanna ruin a decent woman's face and bring baggae to her when he is already married and have kids? How come some men do this?
Re: Why Do Men/guys Claim To Be Single On Socialnetworks? by HumbledbYGrace(f): 9:02pm On Sep 09, 2012
THE-Superman:
and still go out to see other women? A man telling his fake name and fake infos to the woman? Why would they wanna ruin a decent woman's face and bring baggae to her when he is already married and have kids? How come some men do this?
honesty is da key,bt r u honest?
Re: Why Do Men/guys Claim To Be Single On Socialnetworks? by THESuperman(m): 10:48pm On Sep 09, 2012
HumbledbYGrace: honesty is da key,bt r u honest?
I'm The Case And You are The Judge
Re: Why Do Men/guys Claim To Be Single On Socialnetworks? by THESuperman(m): 10:58pm On Sep 09, 2012
This Topic would make me love to share an article i wrote "Why do some men Remain Single" and it may please the readers...
Re: Why Do Men/guys Claim To Be Single On Socialnetworks? by THESuperman(m): 10:59pm On Sep 09, 2012
[center]Last week, my article on Why Some Women Remain Single, inspired many comments from our female readers. As outlined in that article, we were shedding light on some of the psychological reasons why some women, who don't want to be single, are. Many of our readers are quite content to be single - it fits into their lifestyle, and is a personal choice and preference. This series of articles however, is intended for those (men and women) who wonder why they remain single; those who perhaps crave some outside perspective in order to create the necessary changes required to achieve their relationship goals.

Part Two - Why Some Men Remain Single

1. Career. Although career is extremely important to many women these days, it's men's self-worth that can be very tied up in their financial status and career goals. While women will often make time for a relationship and see it as a priority which can be balanced in their lives at any time, men are more apt to focus on one specific thing at time, like their career. Because it usually takes men longer to get emotionally attached than it does women, men can more easily decide to focus on their career while their relationships won't be seen as a priority. This is not easy for women to understand or accept, especially for extended periods of time, therefor, many women are unwilling to stay with a man whose priorities are ordered in such a way.

2. The pack mentality. Some mens' lives are very involved and intertwined with those of their buddies. Men (especially young men) can be more inclined to seek approval from their peers, and can also hold the opinions of those friends in very high regard. If a man's group of friends are all single, he will be less inclined to develop a serious relationship, which could potentially alienate him from his core group.

3. Fear of intimacy. Men are socialized differently than women. They are on the whole, brought up to appear strong at all costs, and not share their feelings. To have a successful, healthy relationship in this day and age, communication is a huge necessity, and many men simply lack proper relationship communication skills. Women desire a man who makes her feel emotionally safe, and in order to feel that safety, she needs to know what's going on inside of her mate's heart. Many men find themselves alone after not being able to properly express themselves.

4. The Nice-Guy Syndrome. They say nice guys finish last, and it's partially true. Men often find themselves bewildered at how a woman could choose a "bad-boy", a man who doesn't have much regard for women, or treat them well, over a man who could be there for them in every way. What some men don't understand, is it's his confidence women are attracted to. Women can mistake a bad-boy's arrogance and detachment for confidence, especially if the alternative is a man who is passive, and who doesn't take enough initiative in the early stages of dating.[/center]

(1) (2) (Reply)

Sugar Daddy Chronicles (erotica) #1 By @tomilola_coco / Cyprian Ekwensi Dies At 86 / My First Love. (by Kelly9ice)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.