Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,012 members, 7,838,541 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 03:31 AM

The Odd Side Of Christianity; Child Preachers - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Odd Side Of Christianity; Child Preachers (5339 Views)

The Rise Of Christianity. The Misunderstanding Of Emperor Constantine / The Cowardice Of Christianity (re; The Cowardice Of Atheism) / The Real History Of Christianity - Was The Crucifixion A Hoax? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Odd Side Of Christianity; Child Preachers by MrAnony1(m): 7:44pm On Sep 01, 2012
wiegraf:

But what of my ego?

I'll bump older thread, re: problem of evil

www.nairaland.com/1009338/succinctly-anony/4#12022774

Lol, who cares about your ego?
Re: The Odd Side Of Christianity; Child Preachers by wirinet(m): 8:38pm On Sep 01, 2012
Mr_Anony:
Lol, we really shouldn't go into arguments we cannot find an end to.

My stance is that If the kid has the ability, no one should deny him the position. Note: I am not affirming that the kid has the ability, neither am I saying that he doesn't. All I am saying is that ability is the denominator here not age.

You on the other hand is saying that it is unlikely that the kid has the ability. Note: you are also not saying that the kid has the ability or that he doesn't have the ability. What then are we arguing about?

Unless you are ready to hold the position that merely by being 11 years old, a kid should not be given certain responsibilities irrespective of whether he has the ability or not, then we really have no bone of contention.

Which ability do you expect an 11yr old to have? An 11yr old should just be rounding up his primary education. He is still physically, mentally, emotionally and socially too immature for any responsibility.

A lot of children are exploited into doing seemingly incredible things like memorizing the Koran or bible or other feats, and their parents can then reap the rewards of the publicity. The child is living the dreams and ambitions of the parents/guardian and not his own. As I said this is child abuse. Even Jesus could not have preached at 11 and he would be taken seriously.
Re: The Odd Side Of Christianity; Child Preachers by MacDaddy01: 8:45pm On Sep 01, 2012
wirinet:

Which ability do you expect an 11yr old to have? An 11yr old should just be rounding up his primary education. He is still physically, mentally, emotionally and socially too immature for any responsibility.

A lot of children are exploited into doing seemingly incredible things like memorizing the Koran or bible or other feats, and their parents can then reap the rewards of the publicity. The child is living the dreams and ambitions of the parents/guardian and not his own. As I said this is child abuse. Even Jesus could not have preached at 11 and he would be taken seriously.

Anony is very shameless, he keeps arguing when he has lost! wink
Re: The Odd Side Of Christianity; Child Preachers by MrAnony1(m): 9:10pm On Sep 01, 2012
wirinet:

Interesting. . . .You are making a claim here that a child is immature simply because of his age. You are equally making a claim that even if the child has the ability, it is child abuse for the child to bear the responsibilities for which he is able. According to you the motivations are not the child's but the parent's.

I put it to you that you cannot objectively show that in all cases of child-geniuses that the child is being forced to perform against his/her will.
I put it to you that it is equally child abuse to deny a child the use of an ability that he is capable of if he is able to bear the responsibilities thereof.

I put it to you that denying a child the right to do something that is morally good and he is both able and willing to do solely based on his numerical age is discrimination much like racism and sexism.

The only criteria that should matter here is if the child truly has the ability to carry that responsibility.
Re: The Odd Side Of Christianity; Child Preachers by MacDaddy01: 9:31pm On Sep 01, 2012
Mr_Anony:
Interesting. . . .You are making a claim here that a child is immature simply because of his age. You are equally making a claim that even if the child has the ability, it is child abuse for the child to bear the responsibilities for which he is able. According to you the motivations are not the child's but the parent's.

I put it to you that you cannot objectively show that in all cases of child-geniuses that the child is being forced to perform against his/her will.
I put it to you that it is equally child abuse to deny a child the use of an ability that he is capable of if he is able to bear the responsibilities thereof.

I put it to you that denying a child the right to do something that is morally good and he is both able and willing to do solely based on his numerical age is discrimination much like racism and sexism.

The only criteria that should matter here is if the child truly has the ability to carry that responsibility.

Shut up. You are becoming a serial sophist like Dinesh Desouza!

an 11 year old child doesnt have the experience to be a preacher. He lacks the social experience (engaging with married adults, clubbing) the adult responsibilities (paying bills, taxes, raising a family) and cognitive ability (ie reasoning from past experiences aforementioned).

You can twist and turn however you like but this htread has exposed you for the disingenuous cretin you are. Trying to imply that an 11 year old can be able to be a preacher. Shameless
Re: The Odd Side Of Christianity; Child Preachers by wirinet(m): 9:40pm On Sep 01, 2012
Mr_Anony:

Honestly you are just arguing blindly for argument sake. In the Uk if you put your child through any off these stunts, instead of putting him in school, you will probably have the child taken from you. In the uk, a child is not even expected to be in secondary school until the age of 12. So I do not understand the abilities you want an 11yr old child to have to be able to take on adult responsibilities. A child is not legally responsible until the age of 18.
Re: The Odd Side Of Christianity; Child Preachers by MrAnony1(m): 9:46pm On Sep 01, 2012
MacDaddy01:

Shut up. You are becoming a serial sophist like Dinesh Desouza!

an 11 year old child doesnt have the experience to be a preacher. He lacks the social experience (engaging with married adults, clubbing) the adult responsibilities (paying bills, taxes, raising a family) and cognitive ability (ie reasoning from past experiences aforementioned).

You can twist and turn however you like but this htread has exposed you for the disingenuous cretin you are. Trying to imply that an 11 year old can be able to be a preacher. Shameless
lololololol...........You can't make an objective argument can you? by the way, thanks for introducing me to Dinesh tho.
Re: The Odd Side Of Christianity; Child Preachers by MrAnony1(m): 9:51pm On Sep 01, 2012
wirinet:

Honestly you are just arguing blindly for argument sake. In the Uk if you put your child through any off these stunts, instead of putting him in school, you will probably have the child taken from you. In the uk, a child is not even expected to be in secondary school until the age of 12. So I do not understand the abilities you want an 11yr old child to have to be able to take on adult responsibilities. A child is not legally responsible until the age of 18.
Lol.........and who said the child pastor is not in school or is being denied an education?

You are just reading your own meanings into a very simple situation. The case I am making is very simple. "If the child can do it, let him do it."
Re: The Odd Side Of Christianity; Child Preachers by MacDaddy01: 10:21pm On Sep 01, 2012
Mr_Anony:
lololololol...........You can't make an objective argument can you? by the way, thanks for introducing me to Dinesh tho.

What was subjective about my comment?
Re: The Odd Side Of Christianity; Child Preachers by MrAnony1(m): 10:29pm On Sep 01, 2012
MacDaddy01:
What was subjective about my comment?
Everything
Re: The Odd Side Of Christianity; Child Preachers by wirinet(m): 10:31pm On Sep 01, 2012
Mr_Anony:
Lol.........and who said the child pastor is not in school or is being denied an education?

You are just reading your own meanings into a very simple situation. The case I am making is very simple. "If the child can do it, let him do it."

does that apply to preaching alone or does it apply to all other facets of life like voting, driving, marriage, se.x, drinking, etc.?
Re: The Odd Side Of Christianity; Child Preachers by MrAnony1(m): 10:46pm On Sep 01, 2012
wirinet:

does that apply to preaching alone or does it apply to all other facets of life like voting, driving, marriage, se.x, drinking, etc.?
Lol, stretching it a bit are we?
Remember I said anything that is morally good.
so for s[i]e[/i]x and marriage (for me s[i]e[/i]x outside marriage is a sin)
If an 11 yr old's body is developed enough biologically, he has a job that pays him well enough to be able to have children and take care of a wife,
he has shown enough maturity to handle his kids and his wife and all the pressures of marriage and family,
the law of the land allows it and his parents give consent.
If he is such an extraordinary kid that all these conditions a satisfied fully then he is free to marry. Same goes for voting, driving etc
Re: The Odd Side Of Christianity; Child Preachers by TerryCarr(m): 10:01pm On Sep 02, 2012
brainwashing
Re: The Odd Side Of Christianity; Child Preachers by MacDaddy01: 10:20pm On Sep 02, 2012
Mr_Anony:
Lol, stretching it a bit are we?
Remember I said anything that is morally good.
so for s[i]e[/i]x and marriage (for me s[i]e[/i]x outside marriage is a sin)
If an 11 yr old's body is developed enough biologically, he has a job that pays him well enough to be able to have children and take care of a wife,
he has shown enough maturity to handle his kids and his wife and all the pressures of marriage and family,
the law of the land allows it and his parents give consent.
If he is such an extraordinary kid that all these conditions a satisfied fully then he is free to marry. Same goes for voting, driving etc

There you have it. When you believe in talking snakes what stops you from believing that an 11 year old can be a responsible parent?

extraordinary is the key word here. Extraordinary like turning water into wine

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

See The Real Fruit Adam And Eve Both Ate / The Truth Concerning Temptation / Is Over Feeding A Sin?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.