Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,695 members, 7,813,290 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 10:24 AM

The Cowardice Of Christianity (re; The Cowardice Of Atheism) - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Cowardice Of Christianity (re; The Cowardice Of Atheism) (3353 Views)

The Glamour Of Atheism / FAITH=DOUBT, RELIGIOUS FAITH= Extreme Form Of Atheism. We Are All Atheists(2) / The Cowardice Of Atheism (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Cowardice Of Christianity (re; The Cowardice Of Atheism) by Nobody: 12:54am On Feb 21, 2013
This thread will be addressing a certain type of christian. The "intelligent coward". Many christians are not cowards and this thread applies only to a minority of christians who are the real cowards.

The "intelligent coward" christian has the following characteristics
-Has read the bible
-Has read about evolution
-Has read about the big bang
-Has read about the basic atheist arguments against God/religion
-Has debated atheists online or in real life
-Has access to the internet for easy reference and fact checking

^^^^
You can see that these people will naturally learn the problems with the christian faith and the bible but will still remain christians. It is not that they are delusional or they dislike atheism/agnosticism. The reason is simple- they are too afraid of moving out of comfort. They are afiraid of a life without the comfort of religion. To some of them, life makes sense with a God behind their back. To some of them, their church is their life where they find purpose in work and meeting their friends on Sunday. To some, they do not want to accept that they have been lied to all their lives. The fear of the unknown or new can be debilitating.

What other reasons do these people have to be christians? These intelligent cowards know that their religion is false but still hang on to it out of fear. I will localize my theory on these people with Nairaland examples;

1) Things that an intelligent coward knows but still remains a christian
-Agrees that there is regulation of slavery in the bible but brushes it off
-Agrees that christianity came to Nigeria through slavery and colonization but brushes it off
-Agrees that the bible contains immoral stories in the old testament
-Agrees that christianity has had one of the bloodiest histories as a religion

2) How they show that they know that their religion is false
a) They argue a lot but avoid water tight arguments against their God;
*Example; note that the christian apologists here avoid the paradox of omnipotence
(God has the ability to live for ever. Eternal life. However, that means that he can not die and he doesnt have the ability to kill himself)

b) They need special rules to argue
*Example; note that christian apologists like Anony and Ihedinobi have to define things that fit their worldview before arguing.
Anony once argued that the definition of evil is anything outside God. This was done so that he could say that an atheist has no right to criticize God and the old testament for slavery or genocide.

Ihedinobi argued that God is not bound by a moral obligation towards his creation. This is a special premise used to excuse their God from any immoral actions or responsibility for the atrocities in the old testament

William L. Craig argued that one can not objectively state that the Nazi crimes were wrong without God as a moral giver. This was a special premise used to establish God as a moral authority.

***The argument here in these their cowardly "special rules for argument" is that the intelligent cowards know that they cant argue on a balanced ground with atheists and so, they have to set up false premises that they insist the atheist should agree with before they continue with the argument.

The intelligent cowards know themselves. I rest my case.

NB; The Spaghetti monster shall strike any overzealous mod who wants to be a "tone troll" and claim that my thread is offensive while allowing Davidylan's "the cowardice of atheism" thread to reach front page. Mtchew angry angry

5 Likes

Re: The Cowardice Of Christianity (re; The Cowardice Of Atheism) by Nobody: 1:20am On Feb 21, 2013
You, sir, are incredible! I doff my non-existent hat!

btw, you still haven't done me!
Re: The Cowardice Of Christianity (re; The Cowardice Of Atheism) by Nobody: 1:21am On Feb 21, 2013
SimonAndal: You, sir, are incredible! I doff my non-existent hat!

btw, you still haven't done me!

Somehow, I know that you are asking me to do something that I cant smiley
Re: The Cowardice Of Christianity (re; The Cowardice Of Atheism) by ooman(m): 1:22am On Feb 21, 2013
The religious love heaven too much and fear hell greatly that they are enslaved by their own delusion. They would rather thank a God for healing them than be appreciative and supportive of science that has produced drugs for the healing to occur.

Most times they are so speechless about intellectual matters that all they could utter is the already hackneyed Psalm 14V1 and Psalm 53V1. Am really impressed that the only chapter and verse of any "sacred" religious writing EVER to be produced twice is on ATHEISM. That shows how fearful and pusillanimous they are of atheism.

They engage in scientific debate, twisting matter to fit their own dogma, an anonymous said "creationists flow by the wind of evolution". They try to make science fit into their little holy book, they claim the book is up to scrutiny, they are too cowardly to admit that the book has undergone many modifications based on scientific discoveries as it get past from generation to generation throughout history.

Concerning morality, the truth is that God is not a disinterested arbitrator, he cannot therefore be an unbiased moral judge. No matter how moral an atheist, freethinker or agnostic lives, as long as he/she does not worship God, the person will be condemned to hell. The yardstick which God uses to measure morality is WHETHER PEOPLE WORSHIP HIM OR NOT, if you worship God, then you are free to do anything as long as you can request for forgiveness later, but if you dont, no matter how good/moral you are, you are still condemned to hell and because of this, God cannot be the ultimate judge of morality because all his seeking for is a brainwashed and willing heart to worship him.
An arbitrator of morality has to be someone or something that is totally disinterested in who people are and how they live, the only benchmark of morality has to be BEHAVIORS THAT FAVOR INDIVIDUAL/GROUP SURVIVAL based on the present condition. Behaviors that hurt another must be considered immoral, this include murder, theft etc, behavior that does not hurt another is not immoral no matter what, this include homosexuality, por.no etc

William L Craig is nothing but a man primitive in heart living in the modern age of the 21st century, confused because he finds it hard the understand the pace of the world.

Indeed, only the fool and the wicked says in his heart, "There is a God"

4 Likes

Re: The Cowardice Of Christianity (re; The Cowardice Of Atheism) by Nobody: 1:23am On Feb 21, 2013
Dude don't be a perv! I meant stats, as you well know!
Re: The Cowardice Of Christianity (re; The Cowardice Of Atheism) by Nobody: 1:27am On Feb 21, 2013
And seriously, you guys should go to bed. You're seriously creeping me out. Y'all vamps or som'n?
Re: The Cowardice Of Christianity (re; The Cowardice Of Atheism) by Nobody: 1:33am On Feb 21, 2013
ooman: The religious love heaven too much and fear hell greatly that they are enslaved by their own delusion. They would rather thank a God for healing them than be appreciative and supportive of science that has produced drugs for the healing to occur.

Most times they are so speechless about intellectual matters that all they could utter is the already hackneyed Psalm 14V1 and Psalm 53V1. Am really impressed that the only chapter and verse of any "sacred" religious writing EVER to be produced twice is on ATHEISM. That shows how fearful and pusillanimous they are of atheism.

They engage in scientific debate, twisting matter to fit their own dogma, an anonymous said "creationists flow by the wind of evolution". They try to make science fit into their little holy book, they claim the book is up to scrutiny, they are too cowardly to admit that the book has undergone many modifications based on scientific discoveries as it get past from generation to generation throughout history.

Concerning morality, the truth is that God is not a disinterested arbitrator, he cannot therefore be an unbiased moral judge. No matter how moral an atheist, freethinker or agnostic lives, as long as he/she does not worship God, the person will be condemned to hell. The yardstick which God uses to measure morality is WHETHER PEOPLE WORSHIP HIM OR NOT, if you worship God, then you are free to do anything as long as you can request for forgiveness later, but if you dont, no matter how good/moral you are, you are still condemn to hell and because of this, God cannot be the ultimate judge of morality because all his seeking for is a brainwashed and willing heart to worship him.
An arbitrator of morality has to be someone or something that is totally disinterested in who people are and how they live, the only benchmark of morality has to be BEHAVIORS THAT FAVOR INDIVIDUAL/GROUP SURVIVAL based on the present condition. Behaviors that hurt another must be considered immoral, this include murder, theft etc, behavior that does not hurt another is not immoral no matter what, this include homosexuality, por.no etc

William L Craig is nothing but a man primitive in heart living in the modern age of the 21st century, confused because he finds it hard the understand the pace of the world.

Indeed, only the fool and the wicked says in his heart, "There is a God"

I can't agree more.
Re: The Cowardice Of Christianity (re; The Cowardice Of Atheism) by Nobody: 1:36am On Feb 21, 2013
SimonAndal: Dude don't be a perv! I meant stats, as you well know!

What freaking stats? The amount of posts/threads you have?
Stalking takes too much energy
Re: The Cowardice Of Christianity (re; The Cowardice Of Atheism) by Nobody: 1:41am On Feb 21, 2013
ooman:

Concerning morality, the truth is that God is not a disinterested arbitrator, he cannot therefore be an unbiased moral judge. No matter how moral an atheist, freethinker or agnostic lives, as long as he/she does not worship God, the person will be condemned to hell. The yardstick which God uses to measure morality is WHETHER PEOPLE WORSHIP HIM OR NOT, if you worship God, then you are free to do anything as long as you can request for forgiveness later, but if you dont, no matter how good/moral you are, you are still condemn to hell and because of this, God cannot be the ultimate judge of morality because all his seeking for is a brainwashed and willing heart to worship him.

You sir are brilliant. All I can say is that the christian God suffers from a serious case of narcissistic personality disorder, and is so seriously flawed and sadistic in character that it amazes me how people still worship him.

Worship me or perish. What a God.

3 Likes

Re: The Cowardice Of Christianity (re; The Cowardice Of Atheism) by Nobody: 1:44am On Feb 21, 2013
Logicboy03:

What freaking stats? The amount of posts/threads you have?
Stalking takes too much energy
_
You should know.
Re: The Cowardice Of Christianity (re; The Cowardice Of Atheism) by Nobody: 1:54am On Feb 21, 2013
My god I've got a paper tomorrow! Wtf am I doing here? Spirit of Nairaland and Seun, I rebuke thee! MacD too!
Re: The Cowardice Of Christianity (re; The Cowardice Of Atheism) by Nobody: 9:30am On Feb 21, 2013
kmcutez:

You sir are brilliant. All I can say is that the christian God suffers from a serious case of narcissistic personality disorder, and is so seriously flawed and sadistic in character that it amazes me how people still worship him.

Worship me or perish. What a God.

Can you notice that the intelligent cowards avoided this thread?
Re: The Cowardice Of Christianity (re; The Cowardice Of Atheism) by Olugbenger(m): 9:38am On Feb 21, 2013
all i should say....
Science and humans have a way of proving anything right or wrong.....
this debate is of no use!
Re: The Cowardice Of Christianity (re; The Cowardice Of Atheism) by Nobody: 10:30am On Feb 21, 2013
Olugbenger: all i should say....
Science and humans have a way of proving anything right or wrong.....
this debate is of no use!

Ah...this debate is necessary, if even you dont think so. You are but one reader.....
Re: The Cowardice Of Christianity (re; The Cowardice Of Atheism) by ooman(m): 12:26pm On Feb 21, 2013
SimonAndal: And seriously, you guys should go to bed. You're seriously creeping me out. Y'all vamps or som'n?

dont worry, we wont eat ya
Re: The Cowardice Of Christianity (re; The Cowardice Of Atheism) by youngchopper(m): 12:43pm On Feb 21, 2013
op do u believe dat satan do exist? Even native doctors knows dat there is God. There are powers on earth. If u search deep in u. U will knw dat there is God and christianity is real. Av u heard about blood money? In ur dictionary does it exist?
Re: The Cowardice Of Christianity (re; The Cowardice Of Atheism) by Nobody: 12:46pm On Feb 21, 2013
youngchopper: op do u believe dat satan do exist? Even native doctors knows dat there is God. There are powers on earth. If u search deep in u. U will knw dat there is God and christianity is real. Av u heard about blood money? In ur dictionary does it exist?

Why arent native doctors rich? Why are they all in the bush, in some remote area?

I dont believe in satan or magic.
Re: The Cowardice Of Christianity (re; The Cowardice Of Atheism) by ooman(m): 12:50pm On Feb 21, 2013
youngchopper: op do u believe dat satan do exist? Even native doctors knows dat there is God. There are powers on earth. If u search deep in u. U will knw dat there is God and christianity is real. Av u heard about blood money? In ur dictionary does it exist?

those who claim to do blood money kill people and then sell their body parts to hospitals in malaysia etc, no spiritual implications. the same way native doctors believe in devils is the same way you believe in Gods without proofs, none of them exists.
Re: The Cowardice Of Christianity (re; The Cowardice Of Atheism) by Nobody: 1:23pm On Feb 21, 2013
Logicboy03:

Ihedinobi argued that God is not bound by a moral obligation towards his creation. This is a special premise used to excuse their God from any immoral actions or responsibility for the atrocities in the old testament

How can a God not be morally obligated towards his creation. I am not a philosophy student, but I see this as a sign of irresponsibility, gross negligence and selfishness. So why create us in the first place if you are just going to leave us to run haywire and cause havoc, unless we are experiments, but even then.

Maybe I am not getting the meaning of morally obligated right. Can someone please expain this.
Re: The Cowardice Of Christianity (re; The Cowardice Of Atheism) by Nobody: 1:31pm On Feb 21, 2013
kmcutez:

How can a God not be morally obligated towards his creation. I am not a philosophy student, but I see this as a sign of irresponsibility, gross negligence and selfishness. So why create us in the first place if you are just going to leave us to run haywire and cause havoc, unless we are experiments, but even then.

Maybe I am not getting the meaning of morally obligated right. Can someone please expain this.

Dont mind them, you are right.
Re: The Cowardice Of Christianity (re; The Cowardice Of Atheism) by youngchopper(m): 1:41pm On Feb 21, 2013
Logicboy03:

Why arent native doctors rich? Why are they all in the bush, in some remote area? And who told u some aint rich? U just dont say what u dont knw. Ask questions.

I dont believe in satan or magic.
bro if ur from nigeria try and visit benin. Seeing is believing. I rest ma case
Re: The Cowardice Of Christianity (re; The Cowardice Of Atheism) by ooman(m): 1:48pm On Feb 21, 2013
youngchopper: bro if ur from nigeria try and visit benin. Seeing is believing. I rest ma case

i have visited them to confirm before, nothing spectacular.
Re: The Cowardice Of Christianity (re; The Cowardice Of Atheism) by Nobody: 2:10pm On Feb 21, 2013
Logicboy03:

Dont mind them, you are right.

Ok. That means we did not come from him then. Even when kids misbehave, the parents are usually blamed for not raising them properly.
Re: The Cowardice Of Christianity (re; The Cowardice Of Atheism) by Olugbenger(m): 2:24pm On Feb 21, 2013
logicboy...
I read through your posts...
You are someone who claims or think about yourself as being intelligent or clever than others....
you should know this....with all clear facts....
YOU are actually very dumb for not believing in the existence of GOD!
Re: The Cowardice Of Christianity (re; The Cowardice Of Atheism) by ooman(m): 2:25pm On Feb 21, 2013
kmcutez:

Ok. That means we did not come from him then. Even when kids misbehave, the parents are usually blamed for not raising them properly.

yes but the xtians always protect their God, their philosophy is contradictory
Re: The Cowardice Of Christianity (re; The Cowardice Of Atheism) by ooman(m): 2:26pm On Feb 21, 2013
Olugbenger: logicboy...
I read through your posts...
You are someone who claims or think about yourself as being intelligent or clever than others....
you should know this....with all clear facts....
YOU are actually very dumb for not believing in the existence of GOD!

actually, you are dumber for believing in God
Re: The Cowardice Of Christianity (re; The Cowardice Of Atheism) by Nobody: 2:26pm On Feb 21, 2013
ooman:

actually, you are dumber for believing in God

lmao.....I don laugh tire grin grin grin
Re: The Cowardice Of Christianity (re; The Cowardice Of Atheism) by Olugbenger(m): 2:44pm On Feb 21, 2013
Then how do u explain the case of extremely intelligent humans who know of salients facts and proofs contradicting the existence of GOD but still choose to believe in HIM?or do u guys speak against the mind of billions of people all over the world who still hold their opinion affirmative?
Humans make these facts/points through their own understanding and are prone to errors....shortcomings.
ur point of the non existence of GOD(s) is only valid if it can be supported with DIVINE facts just like HIS existence(the truth) is backed with...
Remember LOGIC is above human reasoning!
Re: The Cowardice Of Christianity (re; The Cowardice Of Atheism) by Nobody: 2:46pm On Feb 21, 2013
Olugbenger: .
ur point of the non existence of GOD(s) is only valid if it can be supported with DIVINE facts just like HIS existence(the truth) is backed with...
Remember LOGIC is above human reasoning!

Is backed with what?
Re: The Cowardice Of Christianity (re; The Cowardice Of Atheism) by Olugbenger(m): 2:51pm On Feb 21, 2013
kmcutez:
Is backed with what?
Sori i know it is the BIBLE...
YEAH its the WORD of GOD
yeah,get a BIBLE!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Why Did God Do These Things? Inviting Reyginus And Any Other Interested Parties / Africa, Foreign Religions And Cultural Genocide. / Have You Ever Witness A Miracle Live

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.