Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,600 members, 7,823,609 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 12:20 PM

Is Your Bank Customer-friendly? - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Is Your Bank Customer-friendly? (786 Views)

Which Is Your Worst Customer-Friendly Bank In Nigeria: / How Staff Friendly Is Your Bank? / Please How Much Do Diamond Bank Customer Service Managers Earn Annually? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Is Your Bank Customer-friendly? by MisterMan(m): 11:35am On Jan 03, 2008
There is this thread that talks about banks that are staff-friendly. Since I am not a banker, I am not able to contribute in that department. Since I am a customer, let me air my own view. Some ppple have singled out UBA. I used to get enamoured with STB/UBA until I tried to open an account with them. My woes started with account opening. For account referees, I used somebody in Bank PHP, they took it to Skye bank. Do you understand what I said? My referee has an account with Bank PHP, which of course, I filled. Is there any similarity between Bank PHP and Skye? After ages, they returned the form that the account does not exist (of course it will not). After I pointed out their stupid mistake to them, they now rectified it. There was a form I had to fill, I was sent from one branch to another. It took me days but at the end of the day, it was not available anywhere. This is in Kano. Here I had to go from Bello road branch, to Post Office Road and to their main branch opposite Board of Internal Revenue. At the end of the day, I had to give up. What does UBA stand for? Useless Bank for Africa.

Overall, I've had nice time with Intercontinental. I've had good response with the staff. I've found them to be very coutous and nice. Though I've some problem with my MasterCard which I am still trying to sort with them. On that note, they are below expectation. You mail them, at times they won't reply. I would have sworn that they are the best except the people at IDS. Generally, their staff are VERY Customer-Friendly, Courtious. In fact then I used to think that Staff of Intercontinental are not from this Nigeria. Most bankers are full of themselves. Not the Intercontinental pple. Those at Bello branch are wonderful. There was this Mrs. Olaofe. Wonderful lady. I think she has been moved to Kantin Kori branch. All those people at that branch, starting from the Manager. Superb bankers. You can't go wrong with them, but those at the Mastercard in Lagos, I think the MD has to do something to make them wake up.

I have noticed something. A lot of people have been crooning about GTB. I think the next time I want to open an account, I will look in that direction, hopefully though I am able to sort thing out with Intercontinental Bank. Tell us about your own experience.

(1) (Reply)

Learn To Play Any Musical Instrument Of Choice In 3 Months / Oau Admission List Is Out / Which Business Can I Do With 400k In Northern Nigeria?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.