Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,838 members, 7,810,223 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 12:39 AM

Orji Heads Sovereign Wealth Fund - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Orji Heads Sovereign Wealth Fund (9582 Views)

Oteh To Be Redeployed To Sovereign Wealth Fund / Gej On The Importance Of The Sovereign Wealth Fund (swf) / Governors Assemble Legal Team To Challenge Sovereign Wealth Fund (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Orji Heads Sovereign Wealth Fund by kobikwelu(m): 2:33am On Sep 01, 2012
what is a SWF??

people dont understand ooo..

its investing National monies in foreign businesses..
The dude worked for JP morgan chase, Goldman sachs!!!!!!!
those are investment banks.....and SWF is primarily for investments..

I am not saying that he is the only qualified man out there [s]because i would not stoop to the level of tribalistic /ethnic children on nairaland who are stuck with feeding bottle in ther mouths and probably live in their father's house[/s] but based on his resume alone..HE IS A PERFECT FIT
Re: Orji Heads Sovereign Wealth Fund by AjanleKoko: 4:44am On Sep 01, 2012
Nigerians and qualifications sha.

This is the person that runs Mubadala. I'm sure most EPL Fans know him well:

http://mubadala.ae/about/board_of_directors/khaldoon_khalifa_al_mubarak

Sometimes . . . I just hate being a Nigerian. Life sure ain't simple for us embarassed
Not that I give a crap and a half about the SWF anyway. For me, it's just another way for money to be stolen from Nigeria. Like we don invest in Nigeria itself finish embarassed
Re: Orji Heads Sovereign Wealth Fund by saintolaf(m): 8:32pm On Sep 01, 2012
Göod 2 hear. But lets hope the Nigerian bug of thievry dont catchup wit him! May God save naija!
Re: Orji Heads Sovereign Wealth Fund by DisGuy: 1:47am On Jun 22, 2013
This should be operational by June 2013 right?
Re: Orji Heads Sovereign Wealth Fund by Nobody: 2:54am On Jun 22, 2013
Oh my oh my... All the corporations he has worked for are fraudulent. Same Goldman Sachs that ran down an entire economy?

Same JP morgan that was in the news through out the American recession?

WE DON'T NEED SWF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WE NEED INFRASTRUCTURES!!!
Re: Orji Heads Sovereign Wealth Fund by Balkan(m): 9:11am On Jun 22, 2013
CyberG:

ibos are a really inferior people! was it not you belly-aching over another nigerian neurosurgeon who was recently elevated in the USA? You losers come fishing for trouble like you did during the ill conceived civil war that led to the death of 3 M ibos. But when others respond, you claim you are victims, no one wants you in nigeria, bla bla bla. I pity your poor soul though because like the other ibo man whose lust of money would not let him serve his country as minister of power but had to conflict his sworn duties with pedestrian filthy lucre! at the end of the day, orji still reports to a chairman (Rasheed), who reports to a president, who all report to country of 160+ M people in which the ibos are minority out of the 160 M+.
MUMU like you. Orji runs the company every day. He reports to the minister not the chairman. The board reports to the minister of finance. The chaiman does not have a single power because he reports to an Igbo woman who appointed her. He can not tel the MD how to run the institution.

What does Aboki know.? They are the same with oil soup. You can't trust them with money.
Re: Orji Heads Sovereign Wealth Fund by londoner: 9:36am On Jun 22, 2013
Okija_juju: I know this thread will get hotter than this soon..

The Yoruba Ninjas are yet to notice that he is an Igbo Man.

The blame for this thread descending into a tribal back and forth, rests on you.

I hope you are happy with yourself.

@ topic, we should recognize the new avenue Nigeria is walking down, hopefully to the benefit of us all, no matter the tribe.

1 Like

Re: Orji Heads Sovereign Wealth Fund by londoner: 9:39am On Jun 22, 2013
scribble: Rally happy for this our Ibo brethren on his zenith reaching moment

- a yoruba man

My brother....this moment is for NIGERIA, and NOT just for Igbos

- A British born, Nigerian woman

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

(yoruba/igbo) Nigeria Politics Ended Our Childhood Friendship Today / Fuel Scarcity: PENGASSAN Threatens Strike / Enugu Guber: Sen. Eze Assures Royal Fathers Of Withdrawal Of Election Petition

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.