Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,938 members, 7,952,778 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 12:17 AM

Orji Heads Sovereign Wealth Fund - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Orji Heads Sovereign Wealth Fund (9658 Views)

Oteh To Be Redeployed To Sovereign Wealth Fund / Gej On The Importance Of The Sovereign Wealth Fund (swf) / Governors Assemble Legal Team To Challenge Sovereign Wealth Fund (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Orji Heads Sovereign Wealth Fund by elari(m): 5:48pm On Aug 30, 2012
afam4eva:
Nothing. Can't you see that the post is empty, so you're quoting an empty post.
. . .haha
Re: Orji Heads Sovereign Wealth Fund by PROUDIGBO(m): 5:50pm On Aug 30, 2012
afam4eva: I advice that man to stay wherever he is because in a few years his face will appear on EFCC list of wanted NIgerians. Nigerian government just want to turn everyone in sight to a thief.

^^^It's a sad fact.....if he's here to do things the 'right way' invariably he will step on a few toes or pi/ssoff a few individuals for whatever reason, and then the Nigerian factor will catch up with him.
Re: Orji Heads Sovereign Wealth Fund by elari(m): 5:50pm On Aug 30, 2012
ifihearam:

What have u said now?
. . . He just said in nigerian, when u want to become the messiah, u become witch-hunted.
Re: Orji Heads Sovereign Wealth Fund by Mkpotu(m): 6:08pm On Aug 30, 2012
Congrats Orji, keep the flag flying!

I ga-alu ofuma n'afa Jesus.
Re: Orji Heads Sovereign Wealth Fund by Lordmike: 7:09pm On Aug 30, 2012
Dede Orji. congratulations but beware of the corrupt Governors and ministers. They will go at any lent because of this SWF. Thanks to GEJ and Madam Ngozi. we also need another Fund to support self employment to be given after NYSC completion and upon presentation of good business proposal and feasibility study without interest and repayable in 10 years and with close guidiance and monitoring. Sure this will reduce unemployment and increase middle class growth. Goodluck Nigeria.
Re: Orji Heads Sovereign Wealth Fund by Chyz2: 7:25pm On Aug 30, 2012
grin
Re: Orji Heads Sovereign Wealth Fund by CyberG: 7:26pm On Aug 30, 2012
PROUD-IGBO:

^^^You're kidding me......Orji?; it doesn't get any more Igbo than that shocked.

Could be the Ninjas are out for lunch undecided.

ibos are a really inferior people! was it not you belly-aching over another nigerian neurosurgeon who was recently elevated in the USA? You losers come fishing for trouble like you did during the ill conceived civil war that led to the death of 3 M ibos. But when others respond, you claim you are victims, no one wants you in nigeria, bla bla bla. I pity your poor soul though because like the other ibo man whose lust of money would not let him serve his country as minister of power but had to conflict his sworn duties with pedestrian filthy lucre! at the end of the day, orji still reports to a chairman (Rasheed), who reports to a president, who all report to country of 160+ M people in which the ibos are minority out of the 160 M+.
Re: Orji Heads Sovereign Wealth Fund by Chyz2: 7:28pm On Aug 30, 2012
^^^^ The yoruba ninjas are out agian. Lol
Re: Orji Heads Sovereign Wealth Fund by Obijulius: 7:41pm On Aug 30, 2012
I wonder how those hopeless yoruba ninjas react when they see fantastic threads like these highlighting the high achievers we have.

Sure it gives them d shivers...ℓ☺ℓ. Sorry can't help ur poor asses!!!
Re: Orji Heads Sovereign Wealth Fund by Katsumoto: 8:00pm On Aug 30, 2012
Nebeuwa: He was the Managing Director of UBS Investment Bank. And was previously a Managing Director of JP Morgan and Executive Director of Goldman Sach Asset Management.

Now that is an impressive resume.

He was the MD of the Securities Division and not of the Corporate unit. That is equally impressive.
Re: Orji Heads Sovereign Wealth Fund by duni04(m): 8:02pm On Aug 30, 2012
The sad thing about Nigeria is that when we try to replicate an ideology that has been successful elsewhere, it always ends in disaster. From the national Airline carrier brouhaha with Virgin to privatization to universal banking, they all ended in disaster. This one that all the governors are opposed to the existence of the fund in the first place, they'll just come back together in 2015, after Jonathan and Ngozi have left, and dismantle the fund and share the proceeds within themselves. That's the Nigerian way, that's how it always ends so nobody should be in a hurry to praise anyone yet
Re: Orji Heads Sovereign Wealth Fund by scribble: 8:06pm On Aug 30, 2012
Rally happy for this our Ibo brethren on his zenith reaching moment

- a yoruba man

1 Like

Re: Orji Heads Sovereign Wealth Fund by monkel: 10:05pm On Aug 30, 2012
another gd move by GEJ, seems we re close 2 d shores of d promise land
Re: Orji Heads Sovereign Wealth Fund by mekuslogan: 10:09pm On Aug 30, 2012
Obijulius: I wonder how those hopeless yoruba ninjas react when they see fantastic threads like these highlighting the high achievers we have.

This is funny.
Re: Orji Heads Sovereign Wealth Fund by pluto04(m): 11:33pm On Aug 30, 2012
Obijulius: I wonder how those hopeless yoruba ninjas react when they see fantastic threads like these highlighting the high achievers we have.

He was appointed by aunty Ngozi because he is Igbo. Nothing to do with his 'high' achievement. Many Nigerians (of all tribes) have similar CVs. There is no big deal in those titles. Those companies usually have many 'MDs'. Those MD titles are just equivalent to those of a GM in a large Nigerian bank.

Think carefully next time before you throw stones and celebrate your nepotism.
Re: Orji Heads Sovereign Wealth Fund by Abagworo(m): 12:00am On Aug 31, 2012
Okija_juju: I know this thread will get hotter than this soon..

The Yoruba Ninjas are yet to notice that he is an Igbo Man.

That name "Orji" rings bell. Can anything good ever come out of it?
Re: Orji Heads Sovereign Wealth Fund by FSU: 12:04am On Aug 31, 2012
pluto04:

He was appointed by aunty Ngozi because he is Igbo. Nothing to do with his 'high' achievement. Many Nigerians (of all tribes) have similar CVs. There is no big deal in those titles. Those companies usually have many 'MDs'. Those MD titles are just equivalent to those of a GM in a large Nigerian bank.

So a Nigerian who is a GM in a ''large Nigerian bank'' is not qualified to head something like this? Is that what you imply?
And the same Ngozi appointed the Chairman a Yorrober, and other board members right? You guys reek of tribalism and envy, true and true

2 Likes

Re: Orji Heads Sovereign Wealth Fund by Ozonna(m): 12:17am On Aug 31, 2012

This is not necessary.
Re: Orji Heads Sovereign Wealth Fund by sambos994(m): 1:19am On Aug 31, 2012
pluto04:

You are stuppid. This guys is fully qualified to do this job and you bring tribalism into this. Drop the ethnicity card please and open your eyes.
Re: Orji Heads Sovereign Wealth Fund by airmark(m): 4:16am On Aug 31, 2012
sambos994:

You are stuppid. This guys is fully qualified

Are you confused or you are just stuppid?
Re: Orji Heads Sovereign Wealth Fund by pluto04(m): 7:13am On Aug 31, 2012
FSU:

So a Nigerian who is a GM in a ''large Nigerian bank'' is not qualified to head something like this? Is that what you imply?
And the same Ngozi appointed the Chairman a Yorrober, and other board members right? You guys reek of tribalism and envy, true and true

You have reading comprehension problem. I wonder if you have ever passed any exam. I have not said anything about wether or not he is qualified. I have only responded to someone insulting Yoruba because Ngozi appointed a fellow Igbo into a role. Before you know it, as it is typical, he will fill the whole organisation with fellow Igbos. The other non exec board roles are inconsequential. The MD calls the shot in the day to day running of the organisation. The chairman is definitely not Yoruba.

Even if you want to go into whether or not he is qualified, what makes you think he is? Has he run a SWF before?

sambos994:

You are stuppid. This guys is fully qualified to do this job and you bring tribalism into this. Drop the ethnicity card please and open your eyes.

I think you're the moronic blind, deaf and dumb one here. Ngozi appoints a fellow Igbo man to a role and you guys crawl all over the thread insulting Yorubas even when no Yoruba has made an adverse comment. Do you really feel that inferior that you think you have to always measure up to a Yoruba or think that you have something over a Yoruba to have a good day?

You guys need to remember actions and reactions.
Re: Orji Heads Sovereign Wealth Fund by Nobody: 8:15am On Aug 31, 2012
One more thing remains. Sack Sanusi cause he is not fit to head CBN.

1 Like

Re: Orji Heads Sovereign Wealth Fund by Obinoscopy(m): 8:34am On Aug 31, 2012
My humble advice to Uche Orji: "pray to God every morning to protect you from the spirit of bribery and corruption."
Re: Orji Heads Sovereign Wealth Fund by Nobody: 8:55am On Aug 31, 2012
scribble: Rally happy for this our Ibo brethren on his zenith reaching moment

- a yoruba man

Thats the spirit , keep it up grin grin grin
Re: Orji Heads Sovereign Wealth Fund by Okijajuju1(m): 9:26am On Aug 31, 2012
Abagworo:

That name "Orji" rings bell. Can anything good ever come out of it?

I think the chiming of the bells sounds alot like.."CLIFFORD".. grin grin grin grin

Welcome onboard.. I wonder where Dayokanu and Bluetooth are?!..
Re: Orji Heads Sovereign Wealth Fund by ZeusI: 10:07am On Aug 31, 2012
maclatunji: I am not going to jump for joy because of his "international" banking experience. I don't want to read about him and some multi-billion dollar fraud in the future.
Barbarian nincompoop!
Re: Orji Heads Sovereign Wealth Fund by ZeusI: 10:20am On Aug 31, 2012
CyberG:

ibos are a really inferior people! was it not you belly-aching over another nigerian neurosurgeon who was recently elevated in the USA? You losers come fishing for trouble like you did during the ill conceived civil war that led to the death of 3 M ibos. But when others respond, you claim you are victims, no one wants you in nigeria, bla bla bla. I pity your poor soul though because like the other ibo man whose lust of money would not let him serve his country as minister of power but had to conflict his sworn duties with pedestrian filthy lucre! at the end of the day, orji still reports to a chairman (Rasheed), who reports to a president, who all report to country of 160+ M people in which the ibos are minority out of the 160 M+.
Hahahahahahaha.....your ancestors languished in penury because of their ignorance and so will you and your descendants. Lummox!! Hahahaha..... You're barbarians(compressed as yoruba).
Re: Orji Heads Sovereign Wealth Fund by ZeusI: 10:36am On Aug 31, 2012
pluto04:

You have reading comprehension problem. I wonder if you have ever passed any exam. I have not said anything about wether or not he is qualified. I have only responded to someone insulting Yoruba because Ngozi appointed a fellow Igbo into a role. Before you know it, as it is typical, he will fill the whole organisation with fellow Igbos. The other non exec board roles are inconsequential. The MD calls the shot in the day to day running of the organisation. The chairman is definitely not Yoruba.

Even if you want to go into whether or not he is qualified, what makes you think he is? Has he run a SWF before?

I think you're the moronic blind, deaf and dumb one here. Ngozi appoints a fellow Igbo man to a role and you guys crawl all over the thread insulting Yorubas even when no Yoruba has made an adverse comment. Do you really feel that inferior that you think you have to always measure up to a Yoruba or think that you have something over a Yoruba to have a good day?

Olodo! The yorubas taught us nepotism, and this is just the begining of your predicaments..... Oloshi laso... hahahahaha
Re: Orji Heads Sovereign Wealth Fund by saintohia: 11:08am On Aug 31, 2012
He's got all tools required to deliver.

Best of luck & please don't allow the Nigerian system to influence you.
Re: Orji Heads Sovereign Wealth Fund by sambos994(m): 11:36am On Aug 31, 2012
pluto04:

Please tell me one thing I said about yorubas. Plus all I said was that he was qualified, and you are already accusing me of tribalism. Please take your damn lecture and teach it to yourself.
Re: Orji Heads Sovereign Wealth Fund by kayrukky: 11:51am On Aug 31, 2012
@all, I don't think this matter has called for whether He an is an IIbo man or Yoruba man, what we need is result. It is hightime we do away with ethnic and religion politics if we want to move forward in Nigeria.
Considering the age of average Nairalanders, we are the future of the country. We should do away with ethnic and religious coloration and allow competent hands to deliver the dividends of the democracy. Our preaching should focus on the unity of the country with constructive criticisms.
Re: Orji Heads Sovereign Wealth Fund by sambos994(m): 12:06pm On Aug 31, 2012
kayrukky: @all, I don't think this matter has called for whether He an is an IIbo man or Yoruba man, what we need is result. It is hightime we do away with ethnic and religion politics if we want to move forward in Nigeria.
Considering the age of average Nairalanders, we are the future of the country. We should do away with ethnic and religious coloration and allow competent hands to deliver the dividends of the democracy. Our preaching should focus on the unity of the country with constructive criticisms.

Exactly

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Senators Go Tough On Jonathan For Failing To Implement Resolutions / Buhari Is Investigating Feud Between AGF, Magu – Lai Mohammed / *INEC Chairman Prof. Mahmood Yakubu Has Finally Stepped Down*

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.