Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,813 members, 7,820,876 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 12:11 AM

The Bible Clearly Says That Jesus Didnt Die - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Bible Clearly Says That Jesus Didnt Die (1208 Views)

The Bible Clearly Shows That No Rapture Will Happen Now Or In Future / Picture Of Black Swan Feeding Goldfish: Who Says That Animals Don't Have Souls? / Did You Not Know The Bible Clearly States That A Non-virgin Is A Married One? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Bible Clearly Says That Jesus Didnt Die by Delafruita(m): 9:19am On Aug 30, 2012
my 36hours in christendom are over.what better way to return to humanism than to give a clear case of a verse in the new testament that says jesus didnt die?sounds strange?
hebrews 5:7 says
RSV "in the days of his flesh,jesus offered up prayers and supplication,with loud cries and tears to him(yahweh) who was able to save him(yeshwa) from death,and he was heard for his godly fear"

GNB "in his life on earth jesus made his prayers and requests with loud cries and tears to god,who could save him from death.because he was humble and devoted,god heard him.

KJV "who in the days of his flesh,when he had offered up his prayers and supplications with strong crying and tears unto him that was able to save him from death and was heard in that he feared"

i quoted the same verse from 3 versions to show that there was no error of translation.this verse clearly states that jesus prayed to god to save him from death and god answered him by saving him.so which one of the biblical accounts should be accepted?that he died or that he didnt die?
whichever way the pendulum swings,the bible's credibility definitely takes another hit
Re: The Bible Clearly Says That Jesus Didnt Die by TheOP1(m): 10:15am On Aug 30, 2012
@ Mr Dela, remember this verse

It is night and the meal has ended jesus lie prostrate on the ground in the garden of gethesane. He fervently prays, "father, if thou art willing ,let this cup pass from me, yet NOT MY WILL, BUT THINE, be done"

He was sweating drops of blood.
He obviously wasnt very willing and sort from God an alternative to what was coming

And I ask what if God answered his prayer.
Re: The Bible Clearly Says That Jesus Didnt Die by Delafruita(m): 10:42am On Aug 30, 2012
The OP: @ Mr Dela, remember this verse

It is night and the meal has ended jesus lie prostrate on the ground in the garden of gethesane. He fervently prays, "father, if thou art willing ,let this cup pass from me, yet NOT MY WILL, BUT THINE, be done"

He was sweating drops of blood.
He obviously wasnt very willing and sort from God an alternative to what was coming

And I ask what if God answered his prayer.
my sentiments exactly.what if god saved him?
Re: The Bible Clearly Says That Jesus Didnt Die by MrAnony1(m): 10:53am On Aug 30, 2012
Delafruita:
my sentiments exactly.what if god saved him?
But continuing, it should be clear to you that Jesus died. Why are you choosing to argue blindly here?
I must confess this is worse than the quality of objections I have come to expect from you.
Re: The Bible Clearly Says That Jesus Didnt Die by Delafruita(m): 11:28am On Aug 30, 2012
Mr_Anony:
But continuing, it should be clear to you that Jesus died. Why are you choosing to argue blindly here?
I must confess this is worse than the quality of objections I have come to expect from you.
what does hebrews 5:7 say?perhaps my comprehension skills are worse than i feared
Re: The Bible Clearly Says That Jesus Didnt Die by truthislight: 12:25pm On Aug 30, 2012
Delafruita: my 36hours in christendom are over.what better way to return to humanism than to give a clear case of a verse in the new testament that says jesus didnt die?sounds strange?
hebrews 5:7 says
RSV "in the days of his flesh,jesus offered up prayers and supplication,with loud cries and tears to him(yahweh) who was able to save him(yeshwa) from death,and he was heard for his godly fear"

GNB "in his life on earth jesus made his prayers and requests with loud cries and tears to god,who could save him from death.because he was humble and devoted,god heard him.

KJV "who in the days of his flesh,when he had offered up his prayers and supplications with strong crying and tears unto him that was able to save him from death and was heard in that he feared"

i quoted the same verse from 3 versions to show that there was no error of translation.this verse clearly states that jesus prayed to god to save him from death and god answered him by saving him.so which one of the biblical accounts should be accepted?that he died or that he didnt die?
whichever way the pendulum swings,the bible's credibility definitely takes another hit

The prophesy had said that God will not abandon him in the grave.

You are misunderstanding the save mentioned there.

The save means that God did not allow him to see corruption in that he was resurrected/save.

The same save is also awaiting all the righteouse men that had died in that God will save them from death by bringing them back to life.

After that death itself will be destroyed.
Peace
Re: The Bible Clearly Says That Jesus Didnt Die by Delafruita(m): 1:31pm On Aug 30, 2012
truthislight:

The prophesy had said that God will not abandon him in the grave.

You are misunderstanding the save mentioned there.

The save means that God did not allow him to see corruption in that he was resurrected/save.

The same save is also awaiting all the righteouse men that had died in that God will save them from death by bringing them back to life.

After that death itself will be destroyed.
Peace
this is hilarious.you obviously dont have an idea of how to spin this around.you logic falls flat in the face of the first sentence of the verse "in the days of jesus,when he was in the flesh........".this isnt about after he died,he was in the frigging flesh.he cried and prayed and god saved him
Re: The Bible Clearly Says That Jesus Didnt Die by tobechi74: 2:39pm On Aug 30, 2012
John 3: 16 says ......WHOEVER BELIEVES IN HIM WIL NOT DIE BUT HAVE ENTERNAL LYF.

Does it mean that al Jesus belivers wont die? No
it means they wont experience enternal DEATH . THEY WIL DIE ON EARTH BUT NOT AFTER LYF.

In ur quotation, God saved Jesus from enternal death
Re: The Bible Clearly Says That Jesus Didnt Die by Delafruita(m): 3:39pm On Aug 30, 2012
tobechi74: John 3: 16 says ......WHOEVER BELIEVES IN HIM WIL NOT DIE BUT HAVE ENTERNAL LYF.

Does it mean that al Jesus belivers wont die? No
it means they wont experience enternal DEATH . THEY WIL DIE ON EARTH BUT NOT AFTER LYF.

In ur quotation, God saved Jesus from enternal death
Mr. Man what type of translation is that?
what happened "for whosoever believeth in him shall not PERISH but have everlasting life".
this your attempt at exxplaining hebrews 5:7 is just nonsensical
i thought jesus came to save us from eternal death.how come he also needed to be saved from eternal death?did he also have sins that needed remission?
Re: The Bible Clearly Says That Jesus Didnt Die by truthislight: 3:50pm On Aug 30, 2012
Delafruita:
this is hilarious.you obviously dont have an idea of how to spin this around.you logic falls flat in the face of the first sentence of the verse "in the days of jesus,when he was in the flesh........".this isnt about after he died,he was in the frigging flesh.he cried and prayed and god saved him

Guy, the prophesy concerning Jesus said the masaiah will be cut off.

and so are other bible portions.

The right understanding of the bible is to understand it online with what the rest of other bible portions says.

I dont have any problem with that scriptures.

The bible is clear on Jesus death.

If he did not die why was he resurected?

Taken a scripture out of the whole bible and reading a meaning into it amount to taken it out off context.

Peace
Re: The Bible Clearly Says That Jesus Didnt Die by Delafruita(m): 5:12pm On Aug 30, 2012
truthislight:

Guy, the prophesy concerning Jesus said the masaiah will be cut off.

and so are other bible portions.

The right understanding of the bible is to understand it online with what the rest of other bible portions says.

I dont have any problem with that scriptures.

The bible is clear on Jesus death.

If he did not die why was he resurected?

Taken a scripture out of the whole bible and reading a meaning into it amount to taken it out off context.

Peace
lol.you are expertly avoiding explaining what that verse says.wimp
Re: The Bible Clearly Says That Jesus Didnt Die by Delafruita(m): 8:30pm On Aug 30, 2012
105 views and just 4 responses.fear don catch all the christians o.you guys have no idea how to spin this
Re: The Bible Clearly Says That Jesus Didnt Die by Goshen360(m): 8:52pm On Aug 30, 2012
Delafruita: 105 views and just 4 responses.fear don catch all the christians o.you guys have no idea how to spin this

Which kind fear be that.....You want an answer? Where is my tithe? You don finish your 36 hours show, now na to continue twisting the bible and mocking the holy scriptures - NO WAY MY BROTHER! Send my tithe and I will explain line-by-line to you what you know NOT in the scriptures. shocked shocked shocked

You don enter my net now.....no let me catch you like the fishes we talked about on the other thread o grin
Re: The Bible Clearly Says That Jesus Didnt Die by Delafruita(m): 9:03pm On Aug 30, 2012
Goshen360:

Which kind fear be that.....You want an answer? Where is my tithe? You don finish your 36 hours show, now na to continue twisting the bible and mocking the holy scriptures - NO WAY MY BROTHER! Send my tithe and I will explain line-by-line to you what you know NOT in the scriptures. shocked shocked shocked

You don enter my net now.....no let me catch you like the fishes we talked about on the other thread o grin
no be only tithe,na sacrificial giving and first fruit.i wonder what method of abracadabra you will use to twist this one
Re: The Bible Clearly Says That Jesus Didnt Die by Goshen360(m): 9:05pm On Aug 30, 2012
^^^
Who wan use abacradaba take twist scripture......this is the same way you were twisting Gen.1:1-2 and you are also doing same thing here. Bros, abeg take your time o. shocked
Re: The Bible Clearly Says That Jesus Didnt Die by Delafruita(m): 9:11pm On Aug 30, 2012
Goshen360: ^^^
Who wan use abacradaba take twist scripture......this is the same way you were twisting Gen.1:1-2 and you are also doing same thing here. Bros, abeg take your time o. shocked
oya transcribe hebrew 5:7
Re: The Bible Clearly Says That Jesus Didnt Die by Goshen360(m): 9:12pm On Aug 30, 2012
Delafruita:
oya transcribe hebrew 5:7

I need tithe to do that...... shocked shocked shocked You want make I talk am ten times before you obey grin Besides, I have opened a thread for us to discuss Gen. 1:1-2 on Pre-Adamic age and Gap theory you started on the other thread. Kindly attend to that thread.
Re: The Bible Clearly Says That Jesus Didnt Die by Delafruita(m): 9:18pm On Aug 30, 2012
Goshen360:

I need tithe to do that...... shocked shocked shocked You want make I talk am ten times before you obey grin Besides, I have opened a thread for us to discuss Gen. 1:1-2 on Pre-Adamic age and Gap theory you started on the other thread. Kindly attend to that thread.
lol.you have realised the hopelessness of transcribing the verse.its as straightforward as can be and you'd only keep weaving yourself into more webs.i wouldnt have taken you for one who will run away without a fight
Re: The Bible Clearly Says That Jesus Didnt Die by Goshen360(m): 9:22pm On Aug 30, 2012
Abegiii, comot for road make we see..... grin. All those one you dey talk no go make change my mind....Where is my tithe? I have told you I will not do anything for people like you who mock the holy scriptures for free anymore grin
Re: The Bible Clearly Says That Jesus Didnt Die by godspeed: 9:28pm On Aug 30, 2012
how about this for a start;
the 3 versions says 'heard' isn't it?i thought there's a difference btw heard and answered !
Re: The Bible Clearly Says That Jesus Didnt Die by Delafruita(m): 9:29pm On Aug 30, 2012
godspeed: how about this for a start;
the 3 versions says 'heard' isn't it?i thought there's a difference btw heard and answered !
what are you implying?
Re: The Bible Clearly Says That Jesus Didnt Die by Delafruita(m): 9:31pm On Aug 30, 2012
Goshen360: Abegiii, comot for road make we see..... grin. All those one you dey talk no go make change my mind....Where is my tithe? I have told you I will not do anything for people like you who mock the holy scriptures for free anymore grin
you just dey make me laugh
Re: The Bible Clearly Says That Jesus Didnt Die by godspeed: 9:34pm On Aug 30, 2012
Delafruita:
what are you implying?

what can u deduce?
Re: The Bible Clearly Says That Jesus Didnt Die by truthislight: 9:37pm On Aug 30, 2012
Delafruita:
what are you implying?

this guy statment is also correct.

I dont even see any problem here.
Re: The Bible Clearly Says That Jesus Didnt Die by Goshen360(m): 10:38pm On Aug 30, 2012
Okay, I changed my mind. Let me explain that scriptures since I don't want you get away with your "quack" bible knowledge.... grin

In the days of his flesh. That is, during his entire life on earth as referenced by same author of Hebrews in Heb. 2:14–15. If the same author in 2:14-15 says "by his death", how will he mean that Christ didn't die in Heb. 5:7?

offered up prayers. The Gospels record many prayers of Jesus (esp. at Gethsemane; see Luke 22:39–46). supplications (Gk. hiketēria). A rare word in the NT and Septuagint, it indicates a submissive request (esp. in prayer).

with loud cries and tears. Readers would first recall Jesus’ agonizing prayer in Gethsemane (Luke 22:44), but the broad time reference, “in the days of his flesh,” suggests that Jesus’ earthly prayers were constantly heartfelt, earnest, and accompanied by tears.

able to save him from death. The author, clearly aware of the reality of Jesus’ death as written in Heb. 9:11–14 and also speaks of Jesus’ resurrection as his being saved "from" or “out of" (Gk. ek) death, Heb. 13:20.

he was heard. This is reference to the fact that He (Christ) was resurrected out of death. Before He died, Christ prayed for this, and God answered by raising Him from the dead - this is what is meant by "who is able to save him from death, not the bodily or physical death. Out of death here does not mean that Christ did not enter into death or suffer death. Even as Son of God, it was appropriate that, having been made human, Jesus submitted to the Father and waited on the Father’s answer (Luke 22:42).

Because of his reverence (Gk. eulabeia) describes a reverential regard or fear in the presence of God (see Prov. 28:14; Heb. 12:28). Jesus’ piety formed the basis for his prayers being answered; and now he stands to intercede for, and help, every Christian (Heb. 4:16; Rom. 8:34).

Other scriptures that talked about the death of Christ are: Romans 8:34, 14:9; Galatians 2:21; 1 Peter 3:18.....I have given more than 2 scriptures. From the mouth of 2 or 3 witnesses, the truth is established. Thank you.
Re: The Bible Clearly Says That Jesus Didnt Die by Delafruita(m): 5:06pm On Aug 31, 2012
very funny
Re: The Bible Clearly Says That Jesus Didnt Die by Goshen360(m): 5:10pm On Aug 31, 2012
Delafruita: very funny

What's funny....shey na lie I talk? If na lie I talk, then counter my teachings and explanation cheesy No be your fault, na because I changed my mind from collecting my tithe before explaining the verse grin

(1) (Reply)

The Jewish Messiah / My Visit To Chris Okotie Church / My Visit To Chris Okotie's Church:

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.