Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,411 members, 7,815,916 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:57 PM

Anti 'd' - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Anti 'd' (3438 Views)

Nigerian Professor Produces Antivirt, Anti Viral Drug That Cures HIV AIDS In 2 M / I Found Anti-retroviral Drugs In My Husband's Car. / HIV Drugs Manufactured in Nigeria (Virex Anti-retroviral) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Anti 'd' by sagacious(f): 1:08pm On Jan 03, 2008
Please i need information about anti 'd' , can 'o' negative person take the injection ,when she is not yet married and how much can it cost ? please i need enlightment on this .
Re: Anti 'd' by ifyalways(f): 5:05pm On Jan 03, 2008
why would you want to take anti d injections when you are not married?
ok,are you pregnant now?because i tot anti d was for pregnant mothersĀ  undecided

here is the much i know about anti d:
if a pregnant woman and the foetus/baby have same rhesus status ,there is no problem.
but when a pregnant mother is RhD - and is carrying a RhD+ baby(the +ve status is inherited from the dad here) then there is a problem.the womans immune system might react to the babys blood and produce anti bodies which in turn attack and destroy the babys red blood cells hereby resulting to anaemia,liver and heart problems and even jaundice.now to prevent all these,anti d injetion is given.its only given when a pregnant mother and the babys rhesus status are not same.
i think anti d is given before delivery preferable between the 28 th and 34 th week,then perharps if there is bleeding before delivery,it might be given,then after birth too its given.not too sure,ask your midwife/Ob. i also was taught that anti d is manufactured from the plasma of human blood.
as for the price,i really don't know.

i hope naija king would see this.i guess he would be of help too.
Re: Anti 'd' by sagacious(f): 1:58pm On Jan 04, 2008
Thanks alot, i care to know the price .Also, if the man rhesus factor is positive, i like to know if there's injection for the woman to prevent jundice and cross reaction of blood
Re: Anti 'd' by ifyalways(f): 2:36pm On Jan 04, 2008
sagacious:

Thanks alot, i care to know the price .Also, if the man rhesus factor is positive, i like to know if there's injection for the woman to prevent jundice and cross reaction of blood
unfortunately dear i dont know the price in nigeria but you can ask a midwife/Ob for the price and more info.

if the mans rhesus status is +ve and the pregnants woman rhesus status is +ve too,you wud not be needing the injection.infact if the babys RhD and the pregnant womans RhD is same,i think there wud be no need for anti d injection.

yes anti d injection is given to prevent cross reaction of blood.cross reaction of blood b/w mother and child leads to anaemia,jaundice,liver or even heart problems for the baby.
Re: Anti 'd' by ndubest(m): 4:21pm On Jan 04, 2008
, make a budget of about N12k

, it may be more or less than that depending on your source and the shelf live
Re: Anti 'd' by naijaking1: 5:41am On Jan 07, 2008
sagacious:

Please i need information about anti 'd' , can 'o' negative person take the injection ,when she is not yet married and how much can it cost ? please i need enlightment on this .

You do not need to inject "anti-d" before you get married, have sex, concieve, or reach 2nd trimester.

Even if you're Rhesus rh negative, administering the anti-d which is basically an immunoglobulin preparation would not change you to rh positive.

Anti-d and other immunoglobulins last in the body for a bout 2 weeks, then they are degraded and cleared by the liver/kidney, so taking the medication too early does you no good, but could even potentially trigger some anti-antibody formation.

Erythroblastosis fetalis or hemolytic disease of the new born is a serious complication of rh negative women who concieve and carry rh positive babies.

The first child usually goes scott free- clinically, but leaves very dangerous antibodies around that will attack and destroy the next preganacy.

Giving anti-d immunoglobulin "mops up" the antibodies left from the first exposure, and current exposures.

However, timining is everything, and I would recommend going under the supervision of a knowledgeable OB/Gyn.

The best you could do is buy and keep it for later use, but timing is very critical.
Re: Anti 'd' by sagacious(f): 4:15pm On Jan 07, 2008
Thanks alot for your response, i care to know more .Thanks

(1) (Reply)

Bottle Gets Stuck In Man's Butt, X-ray Captures His Failure To Retrieve It (PIX) / Goat Gave Birth To Kit With Human Face / Herbal Treatment For Blocked Fallopian Tubes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.