Stats: 3,152,928 members, 7,817,719 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:51 PM

HIV Drugs Manufactured in Nigeria (Virex Anti-retroviral) - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / HIV Drugs Manufactured in Nigeria (Virex Anti-retroviral) (10312 Views)

Medical Scam: Drugs Manufactured In 2016 Already In Circulation? / HIV/AIDS Drugs To Be Manufactured In Nigeria - UNAIDS / I Found Anti-retroviral Drugs In My Husband's Car. (2) (3) (4)

HIV Drugs Manufactured in Nigeria (Virex Anti-retroviral) by Seun(m): 10:04pm On Aug 15, 2005
President thumbs up locally-made ARV drugs

An indigenous pharmaceutical firm, Fidson Healthcare Limited, has presented President Olusegun Obasanjo with a set of locally manufactured Anti-Retroviral Drugs (ARV).

The drugs in tablets and liquid forms for adults and children respectively were 100 percent formulated and manufactured in Nigeria by Nigerians.

Chairman of the company Mr Fidelis Ayebae said at the presentation ceremony held at the State House Abuja on 12 August that since the entry of his company’s NAFDAC-approved brand of drugs into the Nigerian market, prices of ARVs had dropped drastically.

President Obasanjo in his response acknowledged that he was encouraged by the achievement of the Nigerian company having proved that "where there is a will, there is a way."

He urged the company to also seek the approval of the World Health Organisation (WHO) and the United Nations Children’s Fund (UNICEF) and break into the West African, regional and global drug markets.

The President assured the company of Federal Government’s patronage and also challenged it to achieve a breakthrough in malaria vaccine.

Nigerian Firm Makes Breakthrough in HIV Drug

An indigenous pharmaceutical company, Fidson Healthcare Limited, has made a breakthrough in the production of anti-retroviral drug for the management of Human Immuno-Deficiency Virus (HIV) and Acquired Immuned Deficiency Syndrome (AIDS).

The new drug, Virex Anti-retroviral, was approved by the National Agency for Food and Drug Administration and Control (NAFDAC) Thursday, prompting the company to go into full production of the drug.

Speaking to Vanguard at their Ikorodu Road, Lagos office, the marketing manager of the company, Mr Ijimakin Eboh Ola, said that the breakthrough in the production of anti-retroviral drug is just the beginning of many good things to come from the company.

He explained that the feat by Fidson Healthcare Ltd was the first of its kind in the whole of West Africa.

According to him, the journey for the production of the highly demanded drug started four years ago and the breakthrough came this year.

“We have one of the best research facilities in the industry and Virex anti retroviral drug is just the first and a lot of others will follow,” he said.

Continuing, he explained that there is no known cure for HIV/AIDs as all drugs available are aimed at bringing the viral load to the lowest level, adding that evidence has shown that Virex can do it.

The marketing manager, who stated that his company will continue to research towards finding a cure for the disease, explained that the only way to grow in the industry is through research.

“We are committed to research, which is a continuous thing in our company” he said.

On why they went into the research for HIV/AIDS anti-retroviral drugs, Mr Ola explained that three things brought them into it, which he describe as the three A’s (Affiordability, Availability and Accessibility).

According to him, though there could be other anti-retroviral drugs by multi-national pharmaceutical companies, yet they are not affordable, available and accessible to the over one million HIV carriers in the country.

He therefore said that Fidson Healthcare will ensure that all the three A’s problems faced by the patients are solved.

“Whatever this is in the market today, our brand will be better priced, and available” eh stated.

Virex according to him comes in five viriants including for children and adults and could prevent transmission of HIV from mother to child.

What do you think about this development?
Re: HIV Drugs Manufactured in Nigeria (Virex Anti-retroviral) by obong(m): 1:20am On Aug 16, 2005
excellent news. now we need to work on prevention
Re: HIV Drugs Manufactured in Nigeria (Virex Anti-retroviral) by abuguy64(m): 9:49pm On Aug 16, 2005
Wow! Great indeed. The way things have been going, I have begun to ask myself "can any thing good ever come out of [Nigeria]?"

But wait oh! Na true this people dey talk?! ("what these people are saying is true?"wink It sounds so unbelievable! Someone tell me am not dreaming! wink
Re: HIV Drugs Manufactured in Nigeria (Virex Anti-retroviral) by Seun(m): 5:26am On Aug 17, 2005
It's not a dream - the product was manufactured in Nigeria and by Nigerians, and the company behind it is managed by Nigerians! This is because Nigeria is the giant of Africa wink.
Re: HIV Drugs Manufactured in Nigeria (Virex Anti-retroviral) by abuguy64(m): 8:53pm On Aug 17, 2005
Seun,Thanks for the assurance.Ah ah,am begining to feel good again to be a Nigerian!
As a medic,I will certainly follow up! This should make the treatment of HIV much cheaper,if not free for many Nigerians.Please let's have more of such news.
Re: HIV Drugs Manufactured in Nigeria (Virex Anti-retroviral) by Adetola(m): 10:40am On Aug 24, 2005
I am very happy to hear this, but i hope that the Government of Nigeria makes the environment condusive for the maker of this ARV.

Seun please advise them not to rush into the regional or subregional market for now, what they should do now is feasibility study of the responses to treatment and its acceptability in the local market, this will make them gain more goodwill first in the local environment before vending internationally. What i am saying is that they should wait for sucess in the use of these drugs locally before intriducing it to the international community. Adebayo Adedeji once said in one of his books that enteprises and firms/industries that cannot compete locally will never make it internationally.

But generally i am happy for this... UNA N KO
Re: HIV Drugs Manufactured in Nigeria (Virex Anti-retroviral) by MyPeace(f): 10:57am On Jul 01, 2009
How far on this?? lts four years now!
Re: HIV Drugs Manufactured in Nigeria (Virex Anti-retroviral) by deltalife(m): 9:05am On Nov 21, 2011
Is there hope in this @all?
Re: HIV Drugs Manufactured in Nigeria (Virex Anti-retroviral) by Docosward(m): 9:45pm On Nov 22, 2011
deltalife:

i just wonder about the truthfulness of this story, this is since 2005 what have we heard about them?
Re: HIV Drugs Manufactured in Nigeria (Virex Anti-retroviral) by MCLOVIN: 10:48am On Nov 23, 2011
deltalife:

Re: HIV Drugs Manufactured in Nigeria (Virex Anti-retroviral) by freepeople: 6:17pm On Nov 24, 2011
The drugs are free at PEPFAR. Besides their drugs are the generic brands of already existing drugs. I commend them nevertheless.
Re: HIV Drugs Manufactured in Nigeria (Virex Anti-retroviral) by Docosward(m): 7:23pm On Nov 25, 2011
freepeople:

The drugs are free at PEPFAR. Besides their drugs are the generic brands of already existing drugs. I commend them nevertheless.
Where is there office located?
Re: HIV Drugs Manufactured in Nigeria (Virex Anti-retroviral) by freepeople: 7:52pm On Nov 25, 2011
Doc-osward:

Where is there office located?

Visit any teaching hospital near you
Re: HIV Drugs Manufactured in Nigeria (Virex Anti-retroviral) by vinotinto5: 9:58am On Apr 25, 2017
Have you come across the BEST HEALTH SITE in Nigeria? https://naturesgist.com/ . They are certainly the best to me. I came across it via Google and I got the information I needed. I used that opportunity to go through some of their articles, and I saw that they are all unique, comprehensive and amazing. These are kinds of sites I love. If the owners are reading this now, Please I will say GOOD STUFF!!!!! You guys make us proud...
Re: HIV Drugs Manufactured in Nigeria (Virex Anti-retroviral) by Patrick1980: 4:11pm On Oct 23, 2017
HEPATITIS B Today in Nigeria.
WHO estimates 20m Nigerians have Hepatitis B or C virus in 2014, but the truth is over 45m Nigerians have this virus knowingly or unaware. The common test for it is HBsAg, the body normally produces antibodies to HBsAg as part of the normal immune response to infection. HBsAg is the antigen used to make hepatitis B vaccine Hepatitis B surfaceantibody (anti-HBs).
The obvious truth is 90% percent of Nigerian do not have time to conduct further test of Acute or Chronic HBV when they are positive, talk less of viral load.
The good news is here!
Akus-Herbal preparation is a strong immune booster with antiviral properties,
INDICATIONS:
• It clear hepatitis from the system to the level of antibody negative
• Support the immune system and relief to immune compromised diseases.
• Increases the CD4 Cells Faster.
• Keeps the body away from opportunistic infections.
• Eliminates any viral particles in the body.
• Refreshes the body and brings out the beauty in you.
• Helps the cells to regenerate.
• It can be taken while one is on routine drugs like ARV’s etc.
• It has no interaction with food or other drugs.

FORMULATION METHOD:
Herbal preparation in a tea form
Dosage:
The dosage are 1 sachet twice daily after meal. It is equally effective and safe from 12 years above. (For further details on Akus-herbals contact us at +2348187052198 or akusherbalpreparation@gmail.com)

Duration of Medication:
Patients suffering from liver problems such as Hepatitis B or C, Cirrhosis, Fatty Liver, Ascites and Alcoholic/Chronic Liver Disorder need to take full course of Akus-Herbal. For further details contact us at +2348187052198 or akusherbalpreparation@gmail.com

Complications and Contraindications
No complications, contraindications, or side effects have been observed.

Akus-Herbal Tea Formulation
Is Organic herbs from different plants across Asia, Europe and Africa blended together in a tea form for easy consumption.
• It clear hepatitis B and C Virus from the system within 6 to 18 months
• Within 3 to 6 months intake of this formulation Patients most test viraload undetectable.
• It serve as prevention and treatment because it boost the immune system
• It’s not bitter and easy to take.
• Place your order today and stop any worries about Hepatitis, delay is dangerous!

Dosage:
The dosage are 1 sachet twice daily after meal. It is equally effective and safe from 12 years above. (For further details on Akus-herbals contact us at +2348187052198 or akusherbalpreparation@gmail.com)

https://www.nairaland.com/4133674/hepatitis-b-c-today-nigeria

Save Lives First In Emergency - Adewole, Health Minister To Hospitals / Ebola: Rivers Yet To Get FG N200m Assistance / Steps On How To Renew Your 2018 MDCN Licence