Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,710 members, 7,816,912 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:06 PM

Peace Corps Of Nigeria Scam - Jobs/Vacancies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Peace Corps Of Nigeria Scam (71961 Views)

Peace Corps Of Nigeria Recruitment Form: Another Employment Scam? / Elites Community Initiative (corps) Of Nigeria (ECI) / Peace Corps Of Nigeria What Is Your View About Them (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Peace Corps Of Nigeria Scam by Olozek: 11:55am On Jul 21, 2016
sadHmm,may God help us in this country o.it is well
Re: Peace Corps Of Nigeria Scam by Olozek: 11:56am On Jul 21, 2016
sadHmm,may God help us in this country o.it is well. I just which and hope it's true.
Re: Peace Corps Of Nigeria Scam by Samadot774: 5:19am On Aug 30, 2016
Peace Corps alleges smear campaign the Peace Corps of Nigeria has alleged plans by some Nigerians and groups opposed to the Bill for an Act to establish the Nigerian Peace Corps before the National Assembly to discredit the organisation. The Corps Commandant-General, Mr. Dickson Akoh, told The AUTHORITY that a few persons who fear that the creation of the organisation will hurt their selfish interests have become panicky since the Bill seeking its establishment reached the Final Reading in both chambers of the National Assembly. He disclosed that some groups had sponsored Bills in the National Assembly seeking the establishment of their own variants of the Nigerian Peace Corps, but that such Bills had “been killed on arrival.” Akoh stated that groups, whose Bills were rejected by the federal lawmakers, were envious of the acceptance which greeted the Bill seeking the creation of Nigerian Peace Corps in the National Assembly, and “have been making frantic efforts to scuttle it.”He described the opposition to the establishment of the Nigerian Peace Corps as “misguided”, explaining that the Peace Corps of America is very respected in that country, and that the proposed Nigerian Peace Corps will be fashioned after the American model to earn the respect and cooperation of Nigerians. The several national and international recognition accorded the Corps, said Akoh, “Has also been a source of worry to those who do not mean well for the development of the youths of this great nation.”According to the Commandant-General, the 18-year-old history of the Corps had been marred by harassment by the Po­lice and Department of State Se­curity (DSS), but that the Corps had always prevailed in court.He said: “We have had a se­ries of raids by the Police and DSS personnel on the false alle­gation that we are an illegal en­tity. On each occasion we have, like the Peace Corps we are, re­mained peaceful and sought redress within the ambit of the law. It might interest you to note that the Police and DSS are ow­ing us several millions of Nai­ra in court-awarded damages.“We know where the at­tacks are coming from, but we remain undaunted. First, they lied to the Police, the Econom­ic and Financial Crimes Com­mission (EFCC), and then the Independent Corrupt Practic­es and other related offences Commission (ICPC). All these agencies investigated the spuri­ous claims and cleared us. We have letters to such effect,” he stressed.Akoh dismissed fears that the Nigerian Peace Corps will just be “another paramilitary organisation,” saying that the Corps will, among other things, partner with schools to pro­mote nationalism, curb cultism, violence, strengthen friendship amongst Nigerian youths, and help engage thousands of un­employed Nigerian graduates who otherwise might be lured into crime.
Re: Peace Corps Of Nigeria Scam by Laycan(m): 8:48am On Aug 30, 2016
Samadot774:
Peace Corps alleges smear campaign the Peace Corps of Nigeria has alleged plans by some Nigerians and groups opposed to the Bill for an Act to establish the Nigerian Peace Corps before the National Assembly to discredit the organisation. The Corps Commandant-General, Mr. Dickson Akoh, told The AUTHORITY that a few persons who fear that the creation of the organisation will hurt their selfish interests have become panicky since the Bill seeking its establishment reached the Final Reading in both chambers of the National Assembly. He disclosed that some groups had sponsored Bills in the National Assembly seeking the establishment of their own variants of the Nigerian Peace Corps, but that such Bills had “been killed on arrival.” Akoh stated that groups, whose Bills were rejected by the federal lawmakers, were envious of the acceptance which greeted the Bill seeking the creation of Nigerian Peace Corps in the National Assembly, and “have been making frantic efforts to scuttle it.”He described the opposition to the establishment of the Nigerian Peace Corps as “misguided”, explaining that the Peace Corps of America is very respected in that country, and that the proposed Nigerian Peace Corps will be fashioned after the American model to earn the respect and cooperation of Nigerians. The several national and international recognition accorded the Corps, said Akoh, “Has also been a source of worry to those who do not mean well for the development of the youths of this great nation.”According to the Commandant-General, the 18-year-old history of the Corps had been marred by harassment by the Po­lice and Department of State Se­curity (DSS), but that the Corps had always prevailed in court.He said: “We have had a se­ries of raids by the Police and DSS personnel on the false alle­gation that we are an illegal en­tity. On each occasion we have, like the Peace Corps we are, re­mained peaceful and sought redress within the ambit of the law. It might interest you to note that the Police and DSS are ow­ing us several millions of Nai­ra in court-awarded damages.“We know where the at­tacks are coming from, but we remain undaunted. First, they lied to the Police, the Econom­ic and Financial Crimes Com­mission (EFCC), and then the Independent Corrupt Practic­es and other related offences Commission (ICPC). All these agencies investigated the spuri­ous claims and cleared us. We have letters to such effect,” he stressed.Akoh dismissed fears that the Nigerian Peace Corps will just be “another paramilitary organisation,” saying that the Corps will, among other things, partner with schools to pro­mote nationalism, curb cultism, violence, strengthen friendship amongst Nigerian youths, and help engage thousands of un­employed Nigerian graduates who otherwise might be lured into crime.
lie lie.....la la la ....lie lie
Re: Peace Corps Of Nigeria Scam by ChynoBEATS: 6:52pm On Sep 12, 2016
ifyalways:
I don't just understand why our people act dumb and are so gullible?

How can anyone pay 40K for some camp or uniform for a job

How? How?

My friend is currently in their camp as I type...

The guy shaaaaaa wan join force by all means

I'm not happy about it... I'd prefer he joins airforce via dssc or ssc

This peace corps of a thing sef .. E get as e be
I've been pondering on who gave him such idea.. N dat 40k uniform stuff chai! 4wetin na.. That's like really crazy...
Re: Peace Corps Of Nigeria Scam by cwizard: 1:08am On Sep 15, 2016
Osc:
Peace Corp is a scam so Ollyshit or what u call urself go and sit down.
Just sit down there and dey shout scam when ur mates dey take opportunity to be federal workers. I hope say na oil company u dey work, so u no go cry wen ur mates are approved as federal workers. Like you dont read news

2 Likes

Re: Peace Corps Of Nigeria Scam by eazisky(m): 10:50am On Nov 30, 2016
aftergod:
I am also an agent of the peace corp from lagos ,alimosho local govt mosun Guy call me on 08144377400 and I will tell u all u need to kw,pls don't say what u do not no

good morning patriot .....
my name is patriot Ezekiel, pls i want to know d ranking (structure) system of NPC..... pls help me...
i need to know
Re: Peace Corps Of Nigeria Scam by danielnewton(m): 4:41pm On Dec 03, 2016
confirmed no be scam ooo....pls hw can I apply
Re: Peace Corps Of Nigeria Scam by prettyv1: 10:34am On Dec 12, 2016
danielnewton:
confirmed no be scam ooo....pls hw can I apply
Go to your state command for enquiries... I thought it was a scam before, until fed govt approved it yle I was in camp..
Re: Peace Corps Of Nigeria Scam by Timmy326(m): 7:25am On Feb 06, 2017
danielnewton:
One chance for those that have fell into.....shine your eyes...high level scam....
The President has thirty (30) days to sign a bill sent to him/her by the National Assembly. If s/
he disagrees with the provision of the bill or some
aspects of it, s/he can veto by withholding his/
her signature. Within the 30 days the President
must communicate to the National Assembly
his/her feelings and comments about the bill. The President must state the areas S/he wants
amended before s/he signs the bill. If the
National Assembly agrees with the President the
bill can be withdrawn for deliberation on the
amendments suggested by the President.
However, the National Assembly is empowered by the Constitution to overrule the veto of the
President. If, after 30 days, the President
refuses to sign the bill and the National
Assembly is not in support of the President's
amendments, the two Chambers can recall the
bill and re-pass it. If the bill is passed in the form it was sent to the President by two-third
majority vote in both Chambers, the bill
automatically becomes a law even without the
signature of the President. This happened in the
case of the Niger Delta Development Commission
Bill. The two Chambers passed the bill into law after s/he President failed to sign it within the
time that is prescribed for him to do so.

1 Like

Re: Peace Corps Of Nigeria Scam by EasyMind(m): 9:13am On Feb 06, 2017
ollysmith:
Peace corps of Nigeria is an NGO with an affiliate with UN, yes it is true that you pay N40k for your training because it is an NGO, and in terms of posting, we have started posting our officers and they are being paid except for those who are yet to be posted. come to think of it to get into civil defence which government approved you still close to N500K to middle men without receipt yet u gladly pay. our commandant is in US for a deliberation with UN, and this is the outcome i quote " Congratulations!!!! 2 all d PCN staff nd officers nationwide,d United Nations has just granted d PCN special consultative status,2 God alone b all d Glory!!!!! it is a choice if you want to join or not but dont come on this platform to say what you have not verified. my number 0807846211 for further details.

Posted to where? As what? Paid by who?
Re: Peace Corps Of Nigeria Scam by ademasta(m): 4:37pm On Feb 17, 2017
Following diligently
Re: Peace Corps Of Nigeria Scam by 377: 6:48pm On Feb 17, 2017
Stop deceiving Ur self with This UN thing ok. UN is not giving u Guys a dime and they Will be milking u. Peace corp is Just using people to make money. Drive heavy jeep and fly to US up and down in the Name of UN.wish u gus the best.
Re: Peace Corps Of Nigeria Scam by merit1988(f): 3:27pm On Jul 28, 2017
A clear case of "he who laughs last,laughs best". Those that said it was a SCAM,well........
Re: Peace Corps Of Nigeria Scam by jimnozi: 4:06pm On Jul 28, 2017
DO YOU KNOW YOU MAKE EXTRA INCOME
Don't waist time again online busy doing nothing
Turn your Laptop/Phone to Money Making Machine
I mean Turning them to Your Office
BECOME A SUCCESSFUL FOREX TRADER
Its a REAL BUSHINESS THAT YOU CAN EVEN START WITH A LITTLE CAPITAL IF YOU ARE THE FEARFUL TYPE
People Say u will Loose
Yes its Through when you don't have Proper Training/Strategy
AM telling you, You can make a living from this every month
Training is free anywhere you are in the world
Give it A try and see
Trade every day and get Net Profit at the end of the month
Come Get reliable signal and strategy to SUCCESSFUL FOREX TRADING

why CAN'T YOU CONTACT ME NOW FOR MORE INFO
Contact Me 07061941772

(1) (2) (Reply)

Hustles In Nigeria That Pay More Than Some White Collar Jobs / The Lady Who Searched For A Job With Placard Finally Gets A Job (Before & After) / A 7-Year-Old Girl Asked Google For A Job And Got A Reply From The CEO (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.