Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,217 members, 7,818,742 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:48 PM

Banning the word "Fail" in Classrooms - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Banning the word "Fail" in Classrooms (1873 Views)

Kaduna Pupils Eat El-rufai's Free Food On The Floors Of Their Classrooms (PICS) / Reasons Why Students Fail In Their First Year / Students Writing Exams On The Floor & Outside Classrooms (Pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Banning the word "Fail" in Classrooms by nike4luv(f): 12:06pm On Aug 06, 2005
i'm like sooo in wink smiley cheesy grin cool rolleyes smiley
Re: Banning the word "Fail" in Classrooms by hotangel2(f): 8:01pm On Aug 06, 2005
rolleyes rolleyes rolleyes
Re: Banning the word "Fail" in Classrooms by olaide07(f): 12:19pm On Aug 25, 2005
Examination is not the true test of knowledge.The word'FAILURE'should be banned
Re: Banning the word "Fail" in Classrooms by WesleyanA(f): 2:31am On Aug 26, 2005
"fail" should not be banned. at least i don't think it should. they're just trying to raise the kids' self-esteem but then these kids won't have much motivation to do better at school.

some kid in my school has a mom that gives him 20 bucks every time he gets a C or above in class. so the highest grade in his report card is a C obviously.
Re: Banning the word "Fail" in Classrooms by Zahymaka(m): 10:11am On Apr 29, 2006
Fail should not be banned -- in fact I feel it should be emphasised angry.

The educational system is so bad that when a student fails nowadays, the blame is on the teacher. If lots of people pass then the teacher is "good." That's not the way to learn. angry angry
Re: Banning the word "Fail" in Classrooms by mamaput(f): 3:05pm On Apr 29, 2006
It dose not follow that ugly kids are smart.
And the fine ones dummy.
Fine people think they can relay on their looks thats it.
I wish i could post my daughters result here.
The day she had a 3 (= to your c) it spread round the school like wild fire.

My little girl went to fail on purpose because she did not want to go to a good school.
Some people told her that smart people are ugly.
Re: Banning the word "Fail" in Classrooms by Zahymaka(m): 3:28pm On Apr 29, 2006
Smart people = ugly is another myth. Sharon Stone has one of the highest IQs in the entertainment industry.
Re: Banning the word "Fail" in Classrooms by mamaput(f): 3:00pm On Apr 30, 2006
Were we stay they have 2 teams a year .
If a child is not doing well , the teacher will advise the parents after the first term(Half year) to put the child one class below . If the child is in 3 it should go back to 2.
If the parents refuse and the child fails at the end of the year it will repeat.
But teachers think its better to set the child back in the half year so that it will be promoted at the end of the year with the rest of the class.

(1) (2) (Reply)

University Of Ibadan Direct Entry Admissions / Mautech,yola (former Fut,yola) 2012 Post UME! / ASUU Leaders Are Now Planning To End The Strike

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.