Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,576 members, 7,823,500 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:00 AM

Discussing Genesis 1:1-2 On Pre-Adamic And Gap Theory - Delafruita Vs Goshen360 - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Discussing Genesis 1:1-2 On Pre-Adamic And Gap Theory - Delafruita Vs Goshen360 (13084 Views)

The Testimony Of Goshen360 Is The Testimony Of God’s Grace / *~ Goshen360 Voted Religion Section Poster Of 2012*~ Congratulations! / God Did "NOT" Create "ONLY" Adam But Many People - Obadiah777 Vs Goshen360 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Discussing Genesis 1:1-2 On Pre-Adamic And Gap Theory - Delafruita Vs Goshen360 by Goshen360(m): 9:10pm On Aug 30, 2012
@ Delafruita,

Bros.....yours 36 hours don end. Thank you for defending Christians with "some" of your errors mixed with truth. Now, let's discuss the subject of Gap theory and pre-adamic you mentioned on your other thread. Thank you.
Re: Discussing Genesis 1:1-2 On Pre-Adamic And Gap Theory - Delafruita Vs Goshen360 by Delafruita(m): 9:24pm On Aug 30, 2012
Goshen360: @ Delafruita,

Bros.....yours 36 hours don end. Thank you for defending Christians with "some" of your errors mixed with truth. Now, let's discuss the subject of Gap theory and pre-adamic you mentioned on your other thread. Thank you.
like i said earlier,the gap theory is the only thing that would make sense to explain the age of the earth according to the bible
Re: Discussing Genesis 1:1-2 On Pre-Adamic And Gap Theory - Delafruita Vs Goshen360 by Goshen360(m): 9:27pm On Aug 30, 2012
Welcome on board. It does make any sense whatsoever for the gap theory to explain the age of the earth. That is heresy. The bible doesn't say there was ANY pre-Adamic age neither was there ANY gap between Genesis 1:1-2. This is reason for this thread.....let's prove it.
Re: Discussing Genesis 1:1-2 On Pre-Adamic And Gap Theory - Delafruita Vs Goshen360 by Delafruita(m): 9:37pm On Aug 30, 2012
Goshen360: Welcome on board. It does make any sense whatsoever for the gap theory to explain the age of the earth. That is heresy. The bible doesn't say there was ANY pre-Adamic age neither was there ANY gap between Genesis 1:1-2. This is reason for this thread.....let's prove it.
i hope you know that attempting to disprove the gap theory only opens up the bible to ridicule.its ridiculous to expect that the earth is just 6000+ years old.if you disprove the gap theory,you have to provide an explanation for the age of the earth
Re: Discussing Genesis 1:1-2 On Pre-Adamic And Gap Theory - Delafruita Vs Goshen360 by danwo: 9:46pm On Aug 30, 2012
Re: Discussing Genesis 1:1-2 On Pre-Adamic And Gap Theory - Delafruita Vs Goshen360 by Goshen360(m): 9:50pm On Aug 30, 2012
Delafruita:
i hope you know that attempting to disprove the gap theory only opens up the bible to ridicule.its ridiculous to expect that the earth is just 6000+ years old.if you disprove the gap theory,you have to provide an explanation for the age of the earth

Whatever age the earth maybe.....I am not a scientist. It is even more ridiculous to say such things that the bible didn't say such as gap theory between Genesis 1:1-2 and even the pre-adamic age. Let's prove it from the scriptures that there was indeed a gap and pre-adamic world. I don't like stories grin

1 Like

Re: Discussing Genesis 1:1-2 On Pre-Adamic And Gap Theory - Delafruita Vs Goshen360 by Goshen360(m): 9:52pm On Aug 30, 2012
@ danwo,

Do you want to enter this discussion? If Yes, then clearly identify where you stand.
Re: Discussing Genesis 1:1-2 On Pre-Adamic And Gap Theory - Delafruita Vs Goshen360 by danwo: 10:13pm On Aug 30, 2012
Goshen360:

@ danwo,

Do you want to enter this discussion?

If Yes, then clearly identify where you stand.

@Goshen360

My dearest brother, I wish I can enter the discusion, God knows, but unable to.

I however would admit based on evidences in the scripture,

that I stand on the premise that the earth is more than 6000 years old.

You think otherwise? Erh?

You think the geological earth is 6000 years old? Hmm?
Re: Discussing Genesis 1:1-2 On Pre-Adamic And Gap Theory - Delafruita Vs Goshen360 by Goshen360(m): 10:19pm On Aug 30, 2012
^^^
Like I said, and will admit it, I am not a scientist and cannot prove the age of the earth but I can definitely prove there was no gap whatsoever and there is nothing like pre-adamic world. You may sit back and watch how I deal with this our brother, Delafruita on this subject.
Re: Discussing Genesis 1:1-2 On Pre-Adamic And Gap Theory - Delafruita Vs Goshen360 by SNCOQ3(m): 10:28pm On Aug 30, 2012
We're waiting sir... I am for gap theory. smiley
Re: Discussing Genesis 1:1-2 On Pre-Adamic And Gap Theory - Delafruita Vs Goshen360 by truthislight: 10:30pm On Aug 30, 2012
I dont stand on any other info outside the bible and as such i dont like going beyond what is written.

Going beyond what is written can lead to believe that is not supported by the bible
if knowing how specifically old the earth is was important to know befor having everlasting life i think God will have mention it.

Since God did not mention it i refuse to dable into this.

Gab or no gab.

My interest here is to correct any misinformation directed at the bible if i can. QED

so, no quoting the bible out of context please.

Peace every one.
Re: Discussing Genesis 1:1-2 On Pre-Adamic And Gap Theory - Delafruita Vs Goshen360 by Goshen360(m): 10:45pm On Aug 30, 2012
SNCOQ3: We're waiting sir... I am for gap theory. smiley

Okay....seems Delafruita has run away. Let me take it up with you but I don't just want him come and take us in circle and in circle.

Now, let's start with Genesis 1:1

"In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth"

The first question is, what "beginning" is this? What do you understand by the "beginning" of Genesis 1:1?

Let's deal with this question first and we kick off from there.
Re: Discussing Genesis 1:1-2 On Pre-Adamic And Gap Theory - Delafruita Vs Goshen360 by danwo: 10:46pm On Aug 30, 2012
Goshen360:

^^^
Like I said, and will admit it, I am not a scientist and cannot prove the age of the earth

but I can definitely prove there was no gap whatsoever and there is nothing like pre-adamic world.

You may sit back and watch how I deal with this our brother, Delafruita on this subject.

@Goshen360

Sieving the bible or studying it would not throw up an age

Yeah, the bible doesnt tell the age of the earth.

The age of the earth is a scientific matter and not a bible/theological one,

so you are wise to leave the dispute for the scientists or those willing to enter the realm of science.

". . . there was no gap whatsoever and there is nothing like pre-adamic world . . ."?

I am the one in the front seat row with a bowl of popcorn wink
Re: Discussing Genesis 1:1-2 On Pre-Adamic And Gap Theory - Delafruita Vs Goshen360 by Goshen360(m): 10:49pm On Aug 30, 2012
^^^
Yeah brother but your people that wants to discuss this are not showing up o, I no see Delafruita and SNCOQ3 viewing this thread. Make them no let this tension wey dey my body cool down o. grin. Abeg, take your sit in the front row and watch.
Re: Discussing Genesis 1:1-2 On Pre-Adamic And Gap Theory - Delafruita Vs Goshen360 by SNCOQ3(m): 10:53pm On Aug 30, 2012
-edited-
Goshen360:

Okay....seems Delafruita has run away. Let me take it up with you but I don't just want him come and take us in circle and in circle.

The first question is, what "beginning" is this? What do you understand by the "beginning" of Genesis 1:1?

beginning of time - when God created time and space; Call it the big b.ang if you like cool
Re: Discussing Genesis 1:1-2 On Pre-Adamic And Gap Theory - Delafruita Vs Goshen360 by CrazyMan(m): 10:54pm On Aug 30, 2012
truthislight: I dont stand on any other info outside the bible and as such i dont like going beyond what is written.

Going beyond what is written can lead to believe that is not supported by the bible
if knowing how specifically old the earth is was important to know befor having everlasting life i think God will have mention it.

Since God did not mention it i refuse to dable into this.

Gab or no gab.

My interest here is to correct any misinformation directed at the bible if i can. QED

so, no quoting the bible out of context please.

Peace every one.
That settles it then cheesy
Re: Discussing Genesis 1:1-2 On Pre-Adamic And Gap Theory - Delafruita Vs Goshen360 by SNCOQ3(m): 10:55pm On Aug 30, 2012
*i can "see" Mr Anony...you're welcome sir*
Re: Discussing Genesis 1:1-2 On Pre-Adamic And Gap Theory - Delafruita Vs Goshen360 by MrAnony1(m): 11:00pm On Aug 30, 2012
@Goshen et al, The bible says nothing about the age of the earth. It is people who calculate it counting from the genealogies from Adam.

Have you ever considered this: Assuming we didn't have the old testament i.e. the books of the old testament were lost to us and all we had as the beginning was John 1:1, we would probably have been here arguing how the world couldn't have been much older than 2000 years old. Think about that for a minute if you may.
Re: Discussing Genesis 1:1-2 On Pre-Adamic And Gap Theory - Delafruita Vs Goshen360 by danwo: 11:00pm On Aug 30, 2012
Goshen360:

The first question is, what "beginning" is this?

What do you understand by the "beginning" of Genesis 1:1?

Goshen360:

^^^
Yeah brother but your people that wants to discuss this are not showing up o, I no see Delafruita and SNCOQ3 viewing this thread.

Make them no let this tension wey dey my body cool down o.

grin. Abeg, take your sit in the front row and watch.

@Goshen360

Whilst we are waiting for them to come home to roost

I'll like along with your question too, counter ask in relation to Hebrews 1:10 below,

that the foundation in that verse is referring to which earth or at which stage or period

"And, you, Lord, in the beginning have laid the foundation of the earth;

and the heavens are the works of your hands
:"

- Hebrews 1:10 KJV
Re: Discussing Genesis 1:1-2 On Pre-Adamic And Gap Theory - Delafruita Vs Goshen360 by Goshen360(m): 11:03pm On Aug 30, 2012
SNCOQ3: beginning of time - when God created time and space; Call it the big b.ang if you like cool

Now you agree that the beginning means when God created heaven (space), earth (matter) and in the beginning means time right?

Now, if God created heaven and earth already in verse 1, What heavens is this verse talking about if the same verse later called the "firmament" heaven in verse 8 and why did God called the dry land, earth again in verse 10?
Re: Discussing Genesis 1:1-2 On Pre-Adamic And Gap Theory - Delafruita Vs Goshen360 by danwo: 11:07pm On Aug 30, 2012
danwo:

@Goshen360

I'll like along with your question too, counter ask in relation to Hebrews 1:10 below,

that the foundation in that verse is referring to which earth or at which stage or period

^^^

Na oil, I dey carry! Na oil, I dey carry!

Sand sand, man, no come spoil my own!

Na oil, I dey carry! grin

Seem to forget, that I am just a bystander
Re: Discussing Genesis 1:1-2 On Pre-Adamic And Gap Theory - Delafruita Vs Goshen360 by vislabraye(m): 11:09pm On Aug 30, 2012
We know that before God created man He had created angels. Satan was cast out before man was even created.
I'm not sure about the big gap theory, however, it does not make the scriptures less potent.
Re: Discussing Genesis 1:1-2 On Pre-Adamic And Gap Theory - Delafruita Vs Goshen360 by Goshen360(m): 11:10pm On Aug 30, 2012
danwo:

@Goshen360

This beginning is very clear as the context parallels with "the earth and heavens". This is the beginning of Genesis 1:1 being referred to here. We will even get to the discussion as we go along. I started with the "in the beginning" and we will move gradually.
Re: Discussing Genesis 1:1-2 On Pre-Adamic And Gap Theory - Delafruita Vs Goshen360 by MrAnony1(m): 11:11pm On Aug 30, 2012
SNCOQ3: *i can "see" Mr Anony...you're welcome sir*
Lol, my brother how you dey na?
Re: Discussing Genesis 1:1-2 On Pre-Adamic And Gap Theory - Delafruita Vs Goshen360 by SNCOQ3(m): 11:15pm On Aug 30, 2012
Goshen360:

Now you agree that the beginning means when God created heaven (space), earth (matter) and in the beginning means time right?

Now, if God created heaven and earth already in verse 1, What heavens is this verse talking about if the same verse later called the "firmament" heaven in verse 8 and why did God called the dry land, earth again in verse 10?

beginning is a function of time.

I believe "firmament" means sky.
Re: Discussing Genesis 1:1-2 On Pre-Adamic And Gap Theory - Delafruita Vs Goshen360 by Goshen360(m): 11:20pm On Aug 30, 2012
Mr_Anony: @Goshen et al, The bible says nothing about the age of the earth. It is people who calculate it counting from the genealogies from Adam.

Have you ever considered this: Assuming we didn't have the old testament i.e. the books of the old testament were lost to us and all we had as the beginning was John 1:1, we would probably have been here arguing how the world couldn't have been much older than 2000 years old. Think about that for a minute if you may.

Yes, the bible didn't tell the age of the earth. But it is more damaging that people say what the bible didn't say - talking about the gap theory and that the chaos and darkness in Genesis 1:2 was as a result of divine judgment when lucifer sinned and that is why we have God's creation only starting from Gen. 1:3. This is outright heresy and damaging to the scriptures. I want to prove line by line with scriptures that the darkness in Gen. 1:2 is NOT a divine judgment on the earth when lucifer sinned and there is NO gap whatsoever between Gen. 1:1-2.

You remember this thread came as a result of what Delafruita was doing in the other thread - spreading heresy using the bible. I only stand to defend the truth.
Re: Discussing Genesis 1:1-2 On Pre-Adamic And Gap Theory - Delafruita Vs Goshen360 by MrAnony1(m): 11:24pm On Aug 30, 2012
Goshen360:

Yes, the bible didn't tell the age of the earth. But it is more damaging that people say what the bible didn't say - talking about the gap theory and that the chaos and darkness in Genesis 1:2 was as a result of divine judgment when lucifer sinned and that is why we have God's creation only starting from Gen. 1:3. This is outright heresy and damaging to the scriptures. I want to prove line by line with scriptures that the darkness in Gen. 1:2 is NOT a divine judgment on the earth when lucifer sinned and there is NO gap whatsoever between Gen. 1:1-2.

You remember this thread came as a result of what Delafruita was doing in the other thread - spreading heresy using the bible. I only stand to defend the truth.
Ok then, I'll keep watching this space for the proof you are talking about. For the record tho, I don't agree with Delafruita's stance on this topic. I hold however that there ought to be a huge gap between the onset of creation and man. It wasn't merely a few days
Re: Discussing Genesis 1:1-2 On Pre-Adamic And Gap Theory - Delafruita Vs Goshen360 by SNCOQ3(m): 11:27pm On Aug 30, 2012
Gen 1:6 And God said, Let there be a firmament in the midst of the waters, and let it divide the waters from the waters.
Gen 1:7 And God made the firmament, and divided the waters which were under the firmament from the waters which were above the firmament: and it was so.

The bolded explains why we have rainfall, snow, thunderstorm...my brother "firmament" na sky with cloud
Re: Discussing Genesis 1:1-2 On Pre-Adamic And Gap Theory - Delafruita Vs Goshen360 by Goshen360(m): 11:28pm On Aug 30, 2012
SNCOQ3:

beginning is a function of time.

I believe "firmament" means sky.

Now, if Genesis 1:1, beginning is talking about time when God created heavens and earth, and there is gap between verse 1 and 2, then it means Genesis 1:1 is still NOT telling us the MAIN beginning, it will mean it is telling us of a second beginning.

Two, if the heaven and earth are already created in Gen. 1:1, the word to be used by the writer for "MAKING" the heaven and earth again (assuming it was made and fell into chao and darkness due to the sin of lucifer) should be such words as "RE-MADE", "RE-FORMED" and RE-CREATE" but such words are missing in verse 7 and 10.

How do you explain that?
Re: Discussing Genesis 1:1-2 On Pre-Adamic And Gap Theory - Delafruita Vs Goshen360 by SNCOQ3(m): 11:32pm On Aug 30, 2012
pls respond to my previous post...sorry I was a bit hasty.
Re: Discussing Genesis 1:1-2 On Pre-Adamic And Gap Theory - Delafruita Vs Goshen360 by SNCOQ3(m): 11:34pm On Aug 30, 2012
Mr_Anony:
Lol, my brother how you dey na?

I dey sir, thanks

**sorry Goshen360**
Re: Discussing Genesis 1:1-2 On Pre-Adamic And Gap Theory - Delafruita Vs Goshen360 by CrazyMan(m): 11:34pm On Aug 30, 2012
Goshen360:

Permit me to share my views...

Genesis 1:1  In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth. 2 Now the earth was formless and empty, darkness was over the surface of the deep, and the Spirit of God was hovering over the waters.

This was the beginning of creation...the bible did not specify or rather differentiate which of the heavens God actually created.

But from my own view, I believe that verse is a brief summary of how God created the old world...

My fact was justified in verse 2 above says the spirit of God was hovering over the waters.

That verse didn't mention any form of heavenly being because none of them existed then.

It later told us in verse 26... Then God said, "Let us make mankind in our image, in our likeness, so that they may rule over the fish in the sea and the birds in the sky, over the livestock and all the wild animals, and over all the creatures that move along the ground."

27 So God created mankind in his own image,
in the image of God he created them;
male and female he created them.

The us God was referring to came after Genesis 1:1 which also proves that they (angels) didn't exist as at Genesis 1:1

If you have any contrary opinion, you may share.

Thanks.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Have You Ever Witnessed The Gift Of Interpretation Of Tongues / Pastor Adeboye Celebrates His 74th Birthday Today / Happy Birthday To Bishop David Oyedepo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.