Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,394 members, 7,836,583 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 10:13 AM

Yoruba Demand Regional Autonomy, State Police - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Yoruba Demand Regional Autonomy, State Police (3447 Views)

5 unit have Sovereignty&Autonomy by Engr Musiwa / Senate Recommends 6-year Single Term, LG Autonomy / NL Political Dialogue Nov 2012: STATE POLICE - ARE WE READY FOR IT? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Yoruba Demand Regional Autonomy, State Police by HammedSodiqq: 5:36am On Aug 31, 2012
The Yoruba General Assembly yesterday called for regional autonomy for the Southwest in an atmosphere of true federalism in Nigeria. 
The group dismissed the thinking that regional autonomy will undermine or subvert national unity, stressing that it could only solidify national cohesion and harmony.
The assembly, which held a one-day conference in Ibadan, the political headquarters of the Southwest, also canvassed state police, return to parliamentary system, abolition of the Land Use Decree, regional constitutions and role for traditional rulers. 
Highlights of the conference included a historical presentation by a member of the planning committee, Mr. Dipo Famakinwa, who traced the tragedy of the Yoruba nation from the colonial period to the present day Nigeria, goodwill messages from delegates and passing of resolutions on the national question. 
The General Assembly resolved to set up the Southwest Constitutional Commission “for the purpose of coordinating memoranda from citizens and groups in the region towards a federal constitution for the country and of producing a constitutional framework for the region as a unit of the Nigerian federation”.
The meeting also listed the demand of the Yoruba, including the adoption of a parliamentary system, regional and state police, establishment of a Constitutional Court with jurisdiction over inter-governmental cases and petitions from elections to the National Assembly, open ballot system, Yoruba anthem and flag.

http://www.thenationonlineng.net/2011/news/59785-yoruba-demand-regional-autonomy-state-police.html
Re: Yoruba Demand Regional Autonomy, State Police by Nobody: 5:39am On Aug 31, 2012
About time we pulled out of Nigeria cool cool cool
Re: Yoruba Demand Regional Autonomy, State Police by Nobody: 6:26am On Aug 31, 2012
Yes! This is what we are talking about!!
I think now everybody is ready! Soon we will have
United kingdom of Nigeria! It doesn't mean it will separate Nigeria neigther will it unite Nigeria than we are but it will Build a competitive economy that will surpass southafrica in a week and some Europe countries in some yrs, it will yield good life to Nigeria that ppl will really be jealous of the giant of africa not our imaginary jealous now cry

4 Likes

Re: Yoruba Demand Regional Autonomy, State Police by geeez: 7:38am On Aug 31, 2012
Can this happen like now? As in right now
Re: Yoruba Demand Regional Autonomy, State Police by HammedSodiqq: 8:10am On Aug 31, 2012
geeez: Can this happen like now? As in right now
It will be seriously rejected, especially if the agenda is to fuel secession
Re: Yoruba Demand Regional Autonomy, State Police by badlucky: 8:25am On Aug 31, 2012
These people again. TINUBU must be behind this. He wants to control the West, sorry for him

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Demand Regional Autonomy, State Police by Super1759: 8:37am On Aug 31, 2012
I support this. Its high time we tell ourselves the truth. The daily incessant killings and group fights should send message to our leaders that this federalism should be a call.
Toaskarity: Yes! This is what we are talking about!!
United kingdom of Nigeria! It doesn't mean it will separate Nigeria neigther will it unite Nigeria than we are but it will Build a competitive economy that will surpass southafrica in a week and some Europe countries in some yrs, it will yield good life to Nigeria that ppl will really be jealous of the giant of africa not our imaginary jealous now cry
Let bokoharam rest. Massob will settle down and fulani will continue with their cattle rearing
Re: Yoruba Demand Regional Autonomy, State Police by PointB: 8:45am On Aug 31, 2012
I support Yorubas aspiration for Regional Autonomy, true Federalism and State Police. I couldn't careless if Soyinka, Tinubu, Obj or Bankole, etc is elected to lead them.
Good luck in your quest!

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Demand Regional Autonomy, State Police by Elueme: 8:53am On Aug 31, 2012
I vote for true federalism. I support any group, ideology or philosophy in favour if it. This pseudofederalism will not lead us far
Re: Yoruba Demand Regional Autonomy, State Police by OYINBOGOJU(m): 8:56am On Aug 31, 2012
I VOTE FOR TRUE FEDERALISM

Yoruba set the record

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Demand Regional Autonomy, State Police by PointB: 9:00am On Aug 31, 2012
HammedSodiqq:
It will be seriously rejected, especially if the agenda is to fuel secession

Why would it be rejected? What they want is not different from what Ohaneze proposed to as part of the constitutional amendment. I believe SS want similar arrangement. Getting North Central on board should be that difficult.
Re: Yoruba Demand Regional Autonomy, State Police by badlucky: 9:12am On Aug 31, 2012
Having Regional anthem, flag and regional police doesn't reflect the essential definition of true federalism. They should think of more fundamental features that characterize federal states.

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Demand Regional Autonomy, State Police by Basketmouth1: 9:54am On Aug 31, 2012
These people wey Sabi fear like goat, them fit fight? If e be say na to fight to get wetin you want them go stand? Regional blablabla. TINUBU wan catch them shine. Ye ye people

2 Likes

Re: Yoruba Demand Regional Autonomy, State Police by PaulJohn1: 10:06am On Aug 31, 2012
Toaskarity: Yes! This is what we are talking about!!

Correct
Basket mouth: These people wey Sabi fear like goat, them fit fight? If e be say na to fight to get wetin you want them go stand? Regional blablabla. TINUBU wan catch them shine. Ye ye people

Is everything about fight? Since you've been fighting, has any of your request been granted? Why don't you just calm down and be civilized for ones

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Demand Regional Autonomy, State Police by Basketmouth1: 10:34am On Aug 31, 2012
@Toaskarity thes things wey your people the want an secession, and we no go gree. So if una strong, make una come fight. Chikenah. Heheheheh, you don the fear
Re: Yoruba Demand Regional Autonomy, State Police by Desola(f): 10:46am On Aug 31, 2012
Basket mouth: @Toaskarity thes things wey your people the want an secession, and we no go gree. So if una strong, make una come fight. Chikenah. Heheheheh, you don the fear

but they are not going all out declaring Oodua country and going ahead to print their own currency are they? They are forging a semi-autonomous state in a republic. Why must they go to war to achieve that? War might only occur if this regional regeneration idea is really a secession bid like Biafra was.

2 Likes

Re: Yoruba Demand Regional Autonomy, State Police by Nobody: 10:48am On Aug 31, 2012
solution = breakup which one is all this true federalism, make every body go him way abeg!!
Re: Yoruba Demand Regional Autonomy, State Police by Ak47bullet: 11:24am On Aug 31, 2012
Ratatatatatatatatata kpooooom. Unrealistic. Period. They should think of something else

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Demand Regional Autonomy, State Police by Obiagu1(m): 11:40am On Aug 31, 2012
Now they've realised what I have been saying. It's not too late to know your history and stop running around in circles.
However, regional autonomy is not enough, Yorubas are not Nigerians and they should leave completely.

Enough of this attachment.
Re: Yoruba Demand Regional Autonomy, State Police by OneNaira6: 11:46am On Aug 31, 2012
If Nigeria cannot separate completely from eachother, the best solution imho, I believe this is the second best.

I give 100% support to this.

I am amazed how Nigerian politicians continue to ignore a very good advice given to them by I think as of now, every region in Nigeria. SMH, this leaders care more about themselves than what the people want. cry
Re: Yoruba Demand Regional Autonomy, State Police by Olaolufred(m): 2:55pm On Aug 31, 2012
badlucky: Having Regional anthem, flag and regional police doesn't reflect the essential definition of true federalism. They should think of more fundamental features that characterize federal states.

Like your name sounds are your words.
Re: Yoruba Demand Regional Autonomy, State Police by freesoul3(f): 3:59pm On Aug 31, 2012
in your wet dreams!
Yoruba thieves want to run away with lagos

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Demand Regional Autonomy, State Police by nduchucks: 5:01pm On Aug 31, 2012
This idea is more sensible than foolishly calling for secession or the outright breaking up of our dear nation. Nigeria will and must remain as one nation with equal opportunities for all.

We must also implement the revised state-of-origin system to allow Nigerians who have lived in any state for 1year, to enjoy the same benefits as indigenes of the state.
Re: Yoruba Demand Regional Autonomy, State Police by Nobody: 6:09pm On Aug 31, 2012
This IS how to go about separation from Nigeria with diplomacy. Unlike some people in the east who can do nothing but keep crying about genocide all over the internet.
Re: Yoruba Demand Regional Autonomy, State Police by oduasolja: 6:30pm On Aug 31, 2012
free_soul: in your wet dreams!
Yoruba thieves want to run away with lagos

did u give us the land

did igbos build it

did ur cement build the houses in lagos

Bleep u and Bleep out here .
Re: Yoruba Demand Regional Autonomy, State Police by oduasolja: 6:32pm On Aug 31, 2012
Basket mouth: @Toaskarity thes things wey your people the want an secession, and we no go gree. So if una strong, make una come fight. Chikenah. Heheheheh, you don the fear

dont worry we have our body armour and we are ready to send u to hell. bastard.
Re: Yoruba Demand Regional Autonomy, State Police by Dede1(m): 6:47pm On Aug 31, 2012
Bloody jokes!!!!! Regional autonomy based on what if I may ask? Anything short of total disintegration of Nigeria into ethnic nationality or mutually agreed union of people with cultural proximity is a silly postulation.

2 Likes

Re: Yoruba Demand Regional Autonomy, State Police by Chyz2: 6:53pm On Aug 31, 2012
ROTFLMAO
Re: Yoruba Demand Regional Autonomy, State Police by gidiMonsta(m): 6:58pm On Aug 31, 2012
Dede1:
Bloody jokes!!!!! Regional autonomy based on what if I may ask? Anything short of total disintegration of Nigeria into ethnic nationality or mutually agreed union of people with cultural proximity is a silly postulation.

And disintegration into ethnic nationalities is not silly? Do you know how many ethnic groups exist in Nigeria?
Re: Yoruba Demand Regional Autonomy, State Police by Dede1(m): 7:07pm On Aug 31, 2012
gidiMonsta:

And disintegration into ethnic nationalities is not silly? Do you know how many ethnic groups exist in Nigeria?

It is not silly by any stretch of imagination. Do you think I give a rat-arse if the cesspit called Nigeria is divided into 300 countries? I wish Bakassi people will succeed in achieving independence, a feat few misguided trolls would have been asking how many countries will come out of the crumbled Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Demand Regional Autonomy, State Police by gidiMonsta(m): 7:10pm On Aug 31, 2012
Dede1:

It is not silly by any stretch of imagination. Do you think I give a rat-arse if the cesspit called Nigeria is divided into 300 countries? I wish Bakassi people will succeed in achieving independence, a feat few misguided trolls would have been asking how many countries will come out of the crumbled Nigeria.

Of course 300 more tiny countries senselessly at war with each other with enough resources to serve our western masters is what Africa needs right now.

You're drunk on hate, its really clouding your reasoning.

2 Likes

Re: Yoruba Demand Regional Autonomy, State Police by rotman91(m): 7:35pm On Aug 31, 2012
Basket mouth: These people wey Sabi fear like goat, them fit fight? If e be say na to fight to get wetin you want them go stand? Regional blablabla. TINUBU wan catch them shine. Ye ye people
must u always cast aspersion on everything must everything be doon through fighting afterall what are we benefitting 4rm d pseudofederalism we're practising

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Jonathan Is Qualified For Second Term - PDP Auditor / Amaechi Dares Jonathan, Says He’s Part Of Obasanjo’s Informants / Photo Of Buhari's Certificate, Can We Have Gej's Certificate Too

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.