Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,535 members, 7,861,548 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 02:16 PM

Yoruba Demand Regional Autonomy, State Police - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Yoruba Demand Regional Autonomy, State Police (3455 Views)

5 unit have Sovereignty&Autonomy by Engr Musiwa / Senate Recommends 6-year Single Term, LG Autonomy / NL Political Dialogue Nov 2012: STATE POLICE - ARE WE READY FOR IT? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Yoruba Demand Regional Autonomy, State Police by oilsuop: 7:46pm On Aug 31, 2012
Ak47 bullet: Ratatatatatatatatata kpooooom. Unrealistic. Period. They should think of something else
AK47 BULLET YOU ARE DANGEROUS..
Re: Yoruba Demand Regional Autonomy, State Police by Dainfamous: 8:38pm On Aug 31, 2012
let them go quick quick
Re: Yoruba Demand Regional Autonomy, State Police by Dede1(m): 10:13pm On Aug 31, 2012
gidiMonsta:

Of course 300 more tiny countries senselessly at war with each other with enough resources to serve our western masters is what Africa needs right now.

You're drunk on hate, its really clouding your reasoning.

Are you chronically allergic to small countries? Did you watch 2012 London Olympic opening ceremony? Europe has the largest number of small countries in the world some are 10 times smaller than Lagos State.

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Demand Regional Autonomy, State Police by pazienza(m): 11:44pm On Aug 31, 2012
Dede1:

Are you chronically allergic to small countries? Did you watch 2012 London Olympic opening ceremony? Europe has the largest number of small countries in the world some are 10 times smaller than Lagos State.

No,he is afraid to stand alone,he fears his group lack the gusto and zeal,needed to build a new country. He is afraid of the unknown,he would rather have nigeria,where they don't have to do anything but beg for monthly allocations from abuja. These and more are his fears.

6 Likes

Re: Yoruba Demand Regional Autonomy, State Police by pazienza(m): 11:49pm On Aug 31, 2012
Am all for complete cuting of the ties we have with the yorubas and northerners. But on a second thought,regional autonomy would be good, it would weaken the center and buy us enough time to plan for seccesion,and God help anyone who stands on our way then. So,what are we waiting for,bring the autonomy nah,mad people.

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Demand Regional Autonomy, State Police by Goddess12: 3:46am On Sep 01, 2012
This is a meeting that has taken place, so Yoruba are actually walking the walk unlike your leaders who are screaming from under their women wrappers
Basket mouth: These people wey Sabi fear like goat, them fit fight? If e be say na to fight to get wetin you want them go stand? Regional blablabla. TINUBU wan catch them shine. Ye ye people
Re: Yoruba Demand Regional Autonomy, State Police by Goddess12: 3:50am On Sep 01, 2012
Be very afraid cos that your lone Ak47 will not be enough to help you grin
Ak47 bullet: Ratatatatatatatatata kpooooom. Unrealistic. Period. They should think of something else
Re: Yoruba Demand Regional Autonomy, State Police by Goddess12: 3:56am On Sep 01, 2012
Show me a single meetings your leaders have held in regard to this or forever shut that hay stuffed brain of yours.
If you can start by moving back to niger republic where your people left before arriving in cameroon and then finally nigeria
Obiagu1: Now they've realised what I have been saying. It's not too late to know your history and stop running around in circles.
However, regional autonomy is not enough, Yorubas are not Nigerians and they should leave completely.

Enough of this attachment.
Re: Yoruba Demand Regional Autonomy, State Police by Goddess12: 4:02am On Sep 01, 2012
Your leaders have not made any stand, so stop being our commentators, we don't need your support, speak for your region
One_Naira: If Nigeria cannot separate completely from eachother, the best solution imho, I believe this is the second best.

I give 100% support to this.

I am amazed how Nigerian politicians continue to ignore a very good advice given to them by I think as of now, every region in Nigeria. SMH, this leaders care more about themselves than what the people want. cry
Re: Yoruba Demand Regional Autonomy, State Police by Goddess12: 4:03am On Sep 01, 2012
And you are going to need visa to come there
free_soul: in your wet dreams!
Yoruba thieves want to run away with lagos
Re: Yoruba Demand Regional Autonomy, State Police by Goddess12: 4:44am On Sep 01, 2012
The old dumm.y is here!! repeat after me, you can't stretch both legs if you don't sit first. BABA ODESON!!! grin grin cheesy grin
Dede1:
Bloody jokes!!!!! Regional autonomy based on what if I may ask? Anything short of total disintegration of Nigeria into ethnic nationality or mutually agreed union of people with cultural proximity is a silly postulation.

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Demand Regional Autonomy, State Police by Goddess12: 4:46am On Sep 01, 2012
Hope you don't roll into fire
Chyz*:
ROTFLMAO
Re: Yoruba Demand Regional Autonomy, State Police by Goddess12: 4:52am On Sep 01, 2012
At least Yoruba leaders are doing something about it but your leaders voices are silenced for good for crumbs
pazienza: Am all for complete cuting of the ties we have with the yorubas and northerners. But on a second thought,regional autonomy would be good, it would weaken the center and buy us enough time to plan for seccesion,and God help anyone who stands on our way then. So,what are we waiting for,bring the autonomy nah,mad people.

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Demand Regional Autonomy, State Police by Truckpusher(m): 5:20am On Sep 01, 2012
Good move from the yorubas,but if only the MALLAMS will see beyond oil and embrace the beauty that will follow regional autonomy,because MY FEAR IS THAT, THE MOMENT EACH REGION GOES THEIR SEPARATE WAYS THE WARMONGERS IN THE NORTH WILL SCREAM SECESSION AND THREATEN AN ALL OUT CONFRONTATION AND THE SOUTHWEST WILL BE THE FIRST TO JOIN THEM IN ARMS THEREBY MAKING OTHER REGION THE SCAPE GOAT...IT HAS HAPPENED BEFORE, ASK THE IGBOS.

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Demand Regional Autonomy, State Police by pazienza(m): 10:44am On Sep 01, 2012
Truckpusher: Good move from the yorubas,but if only the MALLAMS will see beyond oil and embrace the beauty that will follow regional autonomy,because MY FEAR IS THAT, THE MOMENT EACH REGION GOES THEIR SEPARATE WAYS THE WARMONGERS IN THE NORTH WILL SCREAM SECESSION AND THREATEN AN ALL OUT CONFRONTATION AND THE SOUTHWEST WILL BE THE FIRST TO JOIN THEM IN ARMS THEREBY MAKING OTHER REGION THE SCAPE GOAT...IT HAS HAPPENED BEFORE, ASK THE IGBOS.

Biafra didn't fail because of the yorubas joining the abokis,biafra failed because of a lot of things. And one of them is the minorities joining the north,so don't speak like you are a saint.
Re: Yoruba Demand Regional Autonomy, State Police by pazienza(m): 10:48am On Sep 01, 2012
The truth is that no group have fared better in nigeria as it is today than the igbos.
We once promised nigeria war,and we gave them one. Lets see yorubas pull this autonomy stuff off,not just meetings.

2 Likes

Re: Yoruba Demand Regional Autonomy, State Police by ACM10: 11:18am On Sep 01, 2012
Dede1:
Bloody jokes!!!!! Regional autonomy based on what if I may ask? Anything short of total disintegration of Nigeria into ethnic nationality or mutually agreed union of people with cultural proximity is a silly postulation.
These guys are buncha jokers! If they could list all these demands below,

The meeting also listed the demand of the Yoruba, including the adoption of a parliamentary system, regional and state police, establishment of a Constitutional Court with jurisdiction over inter-governmental cases and petitions from elections to the National Assembly, open ballot system, Yoruba anthem and flag, state police, return to parliamentary system, abolition of the Land Use Decree, regional constitutions and role for traditional rulers. 

why can't they be bold to demand for disintegration? You see why we call Yorubas cowards? They can never take a stand on hot issues. Their stand is almost always open to different interpretations. What sort of true federalism is this? This is first step to disintegration. Their demand has all the elements of confederalism. Nigerian government that is jealously guarding the unity of this entity can never bring up their demand for deliberation. Bloody jokes!
Re: Yoruba Demand Regional Autonomy, State Police by ACM10: 11:27am On Sep 01, 2012
ndu_chucks: This idea is more sensible than foolishly calling for secession or the outright breaking up of our dear nation. Nigeria will and must remain as one nation with equal opportunities for all.

We must also implement the revised state-of-origin system to allow Nigerians who have lived in any state for 1year, to enjoy the same benefits as indigenes of the state.
Mallam Ndu_chucks demand. You are bent on maintaining some form of foothold in the south. If you call the demands above foolish, then yours is insane.

3 Likes

Re: Yoruba Demand Regional Autonomy, State Police by nduchucks: 1:24pm On Sep 01, 2012
ACM10:
Mallam Ndu_chucks demand. You are bent on maintaining some form of foothold in the south. If you call the demands above foolish, then yours is insane.

Unlike you, I believe in the rule of law and the democratic process. We must work within our existing system while improving it and amending the constitution, as we move forward.

It appears you people have not learnt from the mistakes your parents made which included seeking change criminally by forcing the civil war on our nation. The war was lost and even your hero Ojukwu learnt that the only way to move forward is to participate in the political process, hence he ran for offices and formed a major political party.

Thankfully, fools like you people are in the minority. Your fellow brothers and sisters, Nigerians, will smoke you out and imprison you promptly, as soon as you stick your necks out too far. I remind you that the evidence which may possibly cause Nnaji to go to jail and which have already cost him his job, were supplied by his own people and brothers.

Nigeria is indivisible without unprecedented violence which people like you and other cowards hiding out in diaspora cannot handle. You people are well advised to give peace a chance, come out of the bush, and learn how to practice democracy - the days of head hunting with spears and Abriba warriors have been over for decades.
Re: Yoruba Demand Regional Autonomy, State Police by oilsuop: 2:39pm On Sep 01, 2012
^^^
OGA do you think nigeria have more sophisticated weapons than Syrian government? free Syrian revolutionary are taking over Damascus and soon bashal will be in their hands just like gadaffi was.Sir i advice your that you should not underestimate the power that be, you cant win any war without USA.UK,CHINA,RUSSIA,JAPAN,on your side,if super powers are against your government you are finished.

Civil war in Nigeria, for Nigeria to even try entering biafran territories they have to get backing from any of those countries mention above....

SW leaders want regional government and with that everybody will stop looking for ones trouble
Re: Yoruba Demand Regional Autonomy, State Police by Dede1(m): 3:14pm On Sep 01, 2012
When there was a good possible chance to have regional autonomy or even rare independence within Nigeria, Yoruba backed against such endeavor. I am referring to the period when Nigeria had regions and regional governments. Today, Nigeria has states and state governments yet these jokers are talking about regional autonomy. State creation in Nigeria has moved the country toward ethnic nation states period. In fact, this recent call of regional crap is pure delusional.

2 Likes

Re: Yoruba Demand Regional Autonomy, State Police by CyberG: 3:29pm On Sep 01, 2012
ACM10:
These guys are buncha jokers! If they could list all these demands below,

The meeting also listed the demand of the Yoruba, including the adoption of a parliamentary system, regional and state police, establishment of a Constitutional Court with jurisdiction over inter-governmental cases and petitions from elections to the National Assembly, open ballot system, Yoruba anthem and flag, state police, return to parliamentary system, abolition of the Land Use Decree, regional constitutions and role for traditional rulers. 

why can't they be bold to demand for disintegration? You see why we call Yorubas cowards? They can never take a stand on hot issues. Their stand is almost always open to different interpretations. What sort of true federalism is this? This is first step to disintegration. Their demand has all the elements of confederalism. Nigerian government that is jealously guarding the unity of this entity can never bring up their demand for deliberation. Bloody jokes!

What is your problem with what they demanded? They are not there to demand what you want to better go stand on your own to make your own demands. Thinking like this is what caused Ojukwu to kill 3 M ibos assuming that other people are there for his own purpose. Lolz
Re: Yoruba Demand Regional Autonomy, State Police by CyberG: 3:32pm On Sep 01, 2012
pazienza:

Biafra didn't fail because of the yorubas joining the abokis,biafra failed because of a lot of things. And one of them is the minorities joining the north,so don't speak like you are a saint.

No they didn't join the north, they protected their own interest, a legal interest. Not a criminal one and it was well within their right to do so but the people who assume they are smarter than minorities were smitten and are still crying genocide till tomorrow.
Re: Yoruba Demand Regional Autonomy, State Police by Nobody: 3:33pm On Sep 01, 2012
What can I say?

Finally, we are seeing signs of progress!

Bravo!
Re: Yoruba Demand Regional Autonomy, State Police by tevinsolt: 5:36pm On Sep 01, 2012
yes lets go back to regionalism.......it was better then, it would be best for us if we could go through with it, our region will experience development like it once did before the invaders came throughcheesy
Re: Yoruba Demand Regional Autonomy, State Police by Truckpusher(m): 6:50pm On Sep 01, 2012
pazienza:

You really have diarrhea of the mouth.

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Demand Regional Autonomy, State Police by Truckpusher(m): 7:24pm On Sep 01, 2012
CyberG:

No they didn't join the north, they protected their own interest, a legal interest. Not a criminal one and it was well within their right to do so but the people who assume they are smarter than minorities were smitten and are still crying genocide till tomorrow.
there is really no need to join issues with pazienza as he has little or no knowledge abt history and geography or territorial and cultural value of a particular people because his tribe always feel that every other Nigerian is inferior to them while the reverse is the case.

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Demand Regional Autonomy, State Police by pazienza(m): 9:02pm On Sep 01, 2012
CyberG:

Hehe! See this treacherous yoruba man. By protecting their interest, do you mean having their oil blocks shared by the aboki, their ancestral lands ceded to cameroun without a fight, the yorubas hosting the headquarters of oil companies that continue to exploit and pollute their lands. Well, if those were their interest,it seems to me that it was well protected by one nigeria their fathers fought for. Ochiatogbugom.

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Demand Regional Autonomy, State Police by pazienza(m): 9:06pm On Sep 01, 2012
Truckpusher: You really have diarrhea of the mouth.

Well,the truth hurts. Ndo.
Re: Yoruba Demand Regional Autonomy, State Police by pazienza(m): 9:11pm On Sep 01, 2012
Truckpusher: there is really no need to join issues with pazienza as he has little or no knowledge abt history and geography or territorial and cultural value of a particular people because his tribe always feel that every other Nigerian is inferior to them while the reverse is the case.

Hehe! I have always known that ogba is a bushland,but i never knew that they have bushmen there too.
Re: Yoruba Demand Regional Autonomy, State Police by OneNaira6: 9:34pm On Sep 01, 2012
Goddess12: Your leaders have not made any stand, so stop being our commentators, we don't need your support, speak for your region

Ohaneze asked this same thing awhile ago. The article was on this forum, they were attacked by members on NL. Typical. Search it, it was on NL.

The SS leader had the same advice, the article was yet again on NL.

The MB leaders i believe did the same thing.

Search them all, they are on this forum. Asking this isn't special dude.
Re: Yoruba Demand Regional Autonomy, State Police by pazienza(m): 9:48pm On Sep 01, 2012
ndu_chucks:

Unlike you, I believe in the rule of law and the democratic process. We must work within our existing system while improving it and amending the constitution, as we move forward.

It appears you people have not learnt from the mistakes your parents made which included seeking change criminally by forcing the civil war on our nation. The war was lost and even your hero Ojukwu learnt that the only way to move forward is to participate in the political process, hence he ran for offices and formed a major political party.

Thankfully, fools like you people are in the minority. Your fellow brothers and sisters, Nigerians, will smoke you out and imprison you promptly, as soon as you stick your necks out too far. I remind you that the evidence which may possibly cause Nnaji to go to jail and which have already cost him his job, were supplied by his own people and brothers.

Nigeria is indivisible without unprecedented violence which people like you and other cowards hiding out in diaspora cannot handle. You people are well advised to give peace a chance, come out of the bush, and learn how to practice democracy - the days of head hunting with spears and Abriba warriors have been over for decades.

This guy is obviously still living in late 1960s and 70s. Hello! Wake up sleepy head,its the year of our lord 2012.

Those who are afraid to stand alone are lazy and parasitic. Tufiakwa,parasitic people,ndiigbo must free themselves from you.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

I Will Shake Nigeria After 2015 Elections – Oba Akiolu / Labaran Maku Set To Defect To APC: In Secret Talks With Al-makura / I'm For GOODLUCK, I Can't Vote Otherwise - BARCANISTA

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.